Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

well then a boquet for a motorised set up would be fine for you, I tried to upload the boquet im using now but it wont let me, says a .rar file is invalid. PM me and i will send on the 2 latest files if you would like... latest one inludes 5HD which is available with an FTV card

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Offer_asking

nice one m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Im looking into the dreambox route at the moment and i just dont know if the price tag on this can be justified when a dm800s can be gotten for less than half the price of this.

I started off getting 3xdm500s at $50 each and now im looking at spending 500euro or more
    Hmmm... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Im looking into the dreambox route at the moment and i just dont know if the price tag on this can be justified when a dm800s can be gotten for less than half the price of this.

I started off getting 3xdm500s at $50 each and now im looking at spending 500euro or more
    Hmmm... :(

a dm800 clone can be got for half the price a vu+ duo,not an orginal,if i had the cash it would be gone on a vu+ duo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Apogee

Has any progress been made with the audio delay issue on DVB-T?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

nothing whatsoever has progressed with the audio prob but de team have promised they are trying to sort it again so hopefully soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gedulisg

Hi can anyone please help me how I can delete or sort channels in vu+duo, and how I can create my own vu+ duo bouquets, or edit existing ones, can I do this from my pc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Hi

use DreamboxEdit.

You can download bouquets, edit as they suit you, and upload again. There's loads available on the various sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gedulisg

clancger wrote: »
    Hi

thanks for response, but I still don't know where to start I have bouquets for sky Sirius hotbird I would like to delete some channels in them and add some but should I do it from pc or on recever,can someone could explain step by step.

• Advertisement

Once installed , start the program and you'll be met with the main screen.

Options.
    From the list of icons across the top of the screen click 'Options'. This is very important and will need some setup.
    The most important part of this is the first tab called 'Profiles'. For the scope of this tutorial we will not be looking at any other tabs in Options.

So , the things you need to pay attention to in options are :-
    IP Address of Dreambox. - Enter your box IP here.
    Dreambox HTTP Server port - Very rarely changed from 80.
    Username on Dreambox - Nearly always 'root'.
    Password on Dreambox - Standard password is 'dreambox'.though from what i remember on vu+ leave password blank. i have set up custom password for my vu+ but almost certain initially leave the password blank
    FTP Port - Nearly always 21.
    File paths on the Dreambox.
    Now, point six has a little more to it. At the bottom of the Options window you'll see 4 buttons. These refer to the Dreambox 'Type' and also to the preset file paths mentioned in point 6. These should be set as follows :-

Satellite Receiver - Type 2 = DM500 / 600 / 7000 / 7020
    C a b l e Receiver - Type 2 = As above ( There will be no more mention of cable receivers in this tutorial)
    Version 3 Settings (Enigma2) - Type 3= DM7025
    New Enigma2 Settings - Type 4 = DM800 / DM8000 this is vu+ option

Type 3 & 4 have the same 'File paths'.

As you click these different buttons you'll see the 'File paths' changing accordingly but you will not see the 'Type' change until you exit the options screen. The type is shown in the status bar at the bottom of the main window. Its important you get these settings right to match the box your using or you will have trouble transferring your bouquets to and from the box. See the attached images.

FTP

Once you're finished with Options, you can move onto the FTP button, again from the list at the top of the main window.
    In here you need to select a folder on your PC where you're going to store your bouquet files for editing. I usually create a folder on my desktop and then select it from here. Once you've made you're folder, click Browse and select it.
    Now you have selected the folder we can grab the files from the Dreambox and transfer them to it.
    Click 'Receive files from Dreambox'.
    Assuming you've scanned the satellites you're interested in, DBedit will now FTP all the required files to your selected folder and open them for editing. Once this completes close the FTP window and move back to the main window.
    Now you'll see the main window is populated with the information from your Dreambox.

Main Window

The main window is split into 3 panes.
    Left pane = Services
    Middle pane = Bouquet contents.
    Right pane = Bouquet list.

Within the 3 panes of the main window you'll find the Right Click is very powerful and contains the functions you'll use most.

Creating New Bouquets

In the right hand pane right click on 'TV User Bouquets' and click 'Insert New Bouquet.
    Enter the name of the bouquet and press enter. Now you have your first bouquet, all be it empty.
    The middle pane of the main window now shows the contents of your new bouquet. (Or Any Selected Bouquet).

Adding Channels To A Bouquet.

In the left hand pane is your list of scanned services from your Dreambox. You'll notice above the services pane you have 2 drop down boxes. Here you can select from the different satellites you've scanned and select different broadcast types, Data , Radio or TV. If you like you can leave both of these choices to display all types and all satellites.

I'm gonna select TV and Astra2 28.2e
    This will now filter my services list to display what I've asked for. I can now select channels from the list and drag them into my new bouquet. If I want to select multiple consecutive channels I can hold down the shift key and press the down arrow to select many channels at once. Or if I want to selet multiple channel but not consecutively I can hold down CTRL and click the channels I want. Once I have them selected they will highlight in blue and I can drag them all together into my new bouquet in the centre pane. You can drag multiple or single selections.

Markers
    You can insert 'Markers' into bouquet lists if you like to help describe a channel or a set of channels. In the centre pane simply right click and click 'Insert Marker' Enter the text you want and click ok. You can position the marker in the bouquet by dragging it up and down the list.

You can also rearrange the channel list in a bouquet in the same way by dragging a channel up or down the list.

Save & FTP To Dreambox

Once you have done what you want don't forget the click 'Save' at the top of the main window. Once finished you can click 'FTP' again and this time click 'Send Files To Dreambox' this will send the bouquet you've made to your dreambox. Once complete click 'Reload settings on Dreambox' to have the changes take affect.

note this is a guide for dreambox but is exactly the same for vu+.
    full guide an program itself for pc is on _http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-guides-stickies-faqs/166654-tutorial-dreambox-edit-create-backup-bouquets.html

if you need any further help with any setup with this box let me know mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Supercatic4

clancger wrote: »
    Kind of a Bargain Blert - VU+ Duo

I got mine for €360 + €20 shipping to Ireland via a joint purchase scheme from the Spanish site below. In the meantime, they've changed the supplier and are now offering for €298.23 but I don't know if the cost of shipping is the same.

I was in Spain when I ordered, so I did a Bank transfer from there which was the only possible payment manner at the time, but as far as I can tell the new supplier takes Paypal.

In order to participate, you'd need to register for the site, and add your name to the joint purchase list.

http://translate.google.ie/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tododream.com%2Fforo%2Fvu-duo-hd%2F143006-compra-conjunta-vu-duo-electronica-suiza.html

Wow. I have just signed up and managed to find the more recent thread and also reply in spanish!!!

Wait for a reply now. Is this genuine?

They dont do clones for this model yet do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

For those that are not aware vat is not included in them prices from that Spanish site.

Think its currently 16%

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Wow. I have just signed up and managed to find the more recent thread and also reply in spanish!!!

Wait for a reply now. Is this genuine?

They dont do clones for this model yet do they?

Do you have the link for that thread? I cant find it...
    16% vat on 300euro say and about 20euro shipping brings it to 370euro range.

SatelliteTV.ie have it for 429eur
    Is it worth it going the Spanish route?

I have had a reply, my spanish is none existent but the jist of it is that the price is:

319,00 € - 53.077 PTA (IVA No Incluido)

what is PTA?
    I assume IVA is VAT?

I will reply when i know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I have had a reply, my spanish is none existent but the jist of it is that the price is:

319,00 € - 53.077 PTA (IVA No Incluido)

what is PTA?
    I assume IVA is VAT?

I will reply when i know more.

ROFL - PTA believe it or not is pesetas!

In Spain a lot of items still carry dual prices even though the euro is in years.

IVA is VAT

The thread I replyed to is here

319 Euros + 18% tax + delivery.

Not a bad price but still needs thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Sold! Just bought one from Satellitetv.ie for €429, shipped today, will have it early next week!

Can any Vu+ owners confirm that the box supports the 'Freesat EPG' like the Dreamboxes with full 7 day listings for the radio channels?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

SOmething I still don't have working is EPG. Haven't had time much to look into it, though I believe there are a few options - maybe depending on image used *shrug*

yep has full working epg. with rytec if you pli or vti image. if you use dream elite image it has freesat epg which it picks up from hip/hop tv or it downloads 7 day full sky and euro epg from satmate or rytec

byte

irishchris wrote: »
    yep has full working epg. with rytec if you pli or vti image. if you use dream elite image it has freesat epg which it picks up from hip/hop tv or it downloads 7 day full sky and euro epg from satmate or rytec
    Hmm, must figure out how to make Rytec work so.

irishchris wrote: »

Thanks Irishchris. It that the only EPG available? The one which uses HipHop is the Sky EPG, not Freesat, so no 7 days for radio.

The PLi Jade enigma 2 images on the Dreambox have the Freesat EPG built in by default, and it populates the EPG when tuned to any Freesat channel. Does the PLi image on Vu+ do the same?

byte

Interestingly, I've just noticed that I do have EPG for Freesat channels (I use OpenPLi).

EDIT: Found how to install Rytec listings - pretty simple really :)

Apogee wrote: »
    Thanks Irishchris. It that the only EPG available? The one which uses HipHop is the Sky EPG, not Freesat, so no 7 days for radio.

The PLi Jade enigma 2 images on the Dreambox have the Freesat EPG built in by default, and it populates the EPG when tuned to any Freesat channel. Does the PLi image on Vu+ do the same?

yes hip hop is sky and some freesat channels but pli fills the freesat channels eg bbc etc by tuining into one of them for few mins and it populates the rest of the freeasat channels

@Byte - so you can see full 7 day listings for BBC Radio 4?

byte

Apogee wrote: »
    @Byte - so you can see full 7 day listings for BBC Radio 4?
    LOL, first time I used the radio!

Yes, I've listings for R4 right up til 9.45pm next Thursday! :)

Thanks to you both.

The freesat epg is great for timed recording of stuff off BBC R4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just to chime in about this box - it's the dogs ballacks.
    Fantastic bit of kit.

I've tried all the images and the only trouble free one is PLi for me, hopefully it'll have usb tuner support soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement