Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options
1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

if you were on A D yes you will be bored once upon a time it was busy,handy a link was supplied a day ago:D

i dont see the point in anyone having a hissy fit as forums are there for helping when possible,and yes same questions asked and answered,at times we all are lazy.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

I've certainly never seen this described issue on the hour using CCCam.

However what tends to happen with Oscam is, although it can be more stable, sometimes when it freezes - ie drops a key - it can stay frozen.

On the other hand CCCam will be back up and running within 8 seconds.

There are pluses and minuses with each softcam. If you're getting lots of freezes that is a server issue; no softcam can cure that.
    have to admit i have not seen this. server on oscam is flawless and with client on oscam this is also flawless. in terms of pluses and minuses you can simply select any channel for any client on oscam while it is simply impossible to do this on cccam. So there is only one cam if you like an organized system

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭notmyusername

have to admit i have not seen this. server on oscam is flawless and with client on oscam this is also flawless. in terms of pluses and minuses you can simply select any channel for any client on oscam while it is simply impossible to do this on cccam. So there is only one cam if you like an organized system

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "you can simply select any channel for any client on oscam" but it is possible to single out channels and/or providers on CCCam.

I accept that you have not seen the issue I describe for Oscam but I certainly (in years of use and many different set ups) have never seen the issue you describe in CCCam.

If you are losing connection on the hour via CCCam then that is a server issue not a CCCam issue.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "you can simply select any channel for any client on oscam" but it is possible to single out channels and/or providers on CCCam.

I accept that you have not seen the issue I describe for Oscam but I certainly (in years of use and many different set ups) have never seen the issue you describe in CCCam.

If you are losing connection on the hour via CCCam then that is a server issue not a CCCam issue.
    What you say is true under cccam. Yes you can define channels per user. However it is an enormous job to do so. Within Oscan you can setup service groups and attach them to users. As for the cccam issue I mention a simple Google will provide with all the technical problems associated with cccam. With both server and client running oscam system is perfection

Yes you can define channels per user.

Lol. Not quite the same as:
    it is simply impossible to do this on cccam.

• Advertisement

Lol. Not quite the same as:
    Try and do it then. Impossible might not be the correct word. Maybe I should have used impractical instead. Hope this helps :-)

Try and do it then. Impossible might not be the correct word. Maybe I should have used impractical instead. Hope this helps :-)

Hope this helps? Strange response!

I'm happy with my setup, thanks lol

Hope this helps? Strange response!

I'm happy with my setup, thanks lol
    Sure we're all happy then. I just suggest ideas but if you're already happy then I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

so I am getting the Red Light problem on my Duo.

Electricity went last night and now this evening box wont boot up,reading a few forums all say the problem is most likely sorted by replacing a capcitor.

Is there any thing else I can try first? Maybe re flash an image or anyone got any pointers ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    so I am getting the Red Light problem on my Duo.

Electricity went last night and now this evening box wont boot up,reading a few forums all say the problem is most likely sorted by replacing a capcitor.

Is there any thing else I can try first? Maybe re flash an image or anyone got any pointers ?
    if the software image you used in the past no longer works then simply open the box (five screws) and check for capacitors that are looking busted. Bring to electronic shop and sort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Ill change the capacitors myself if needed ,straight forward job.
    Just wondering if anyone would recommend anything else to check for first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anybody using an hdmi splitter on their box with ir control?
    What's the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

Im thinking of upgrading my vuduo, its served me well for many years :) still working fine but am going to use it as a second receiver, i'm looking at an xtrend et8500 but would welcome any advice id love to get the VuDuo2 but cant really justify the price i can get the et8500 with 2 sat and 2 terrestrial tuners for about €300.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Dotts can you repost your question on a new thread, we don't drag up old threads particularly one like this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement