Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

LOL, I was browsing through the menu, and came across a menu where I had to "activate a Softcam.

So I activated CCcam, and stuff sorta worked. Rebooted, and it stopped working again.
    So back into the menu, activated CCcam again, then clicked the colour button to make it autorun, and all is good in the 'hood! :)

I don't remember having to activate a softcam in OpenPLi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Software updates have been released now, so you can update the image within the image.
    Improvements to CoolEPG loading times and CoolEPG PIG too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I have attached a nice 28deg bouquet that i use in my VU+ DUO for anyone that is interested.

If you do not have a uk ftv card delete the uk ftv channels from list.

Includes BBCi red button and Sky Sports interactive channels in their own bouquet.

I should also add this bouquet also works in dreambox 800hd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I am thinking of replacing my DM800HD with a VU+ Duo for various reasons but I am wondering if anyone has restored an DM800 backup onto an Duo sucessfully, particuarly motor settings. Being E2 based it should restore fine but I don't want to have to reset my motor etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I dont know if I have asked this previously, I certainly meant to. Has anyone tried a USB DTT stick in this and does it work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

if your motor is set up via usuals then there shouldnt be any hassle m8 just use dream box edit to flash the settings over

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

Sundtek media pro DVB-C/T usb stick is working well with latest VTI and VIX images. Only thing is its a bit expensive at around €80 or €90

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3107-sundtek-dvb-t-c-usb-fully-working-on-vix-image!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

yes it works perfect - i was the one that opened that thread on the link. it lists as a 3rd tuner on the vu and works and records like an independent tuner perfectly :)

irishchris wrote: »
    yes it works perfect - i was the one that opened that thread on the link. it lists as a 3rd tuner on the vu and works and records like an independent tuner perfectly :)

yeah its great news. I wonder will they ever release new drivers for the hauppage and the Aver tv sticks? I have the aver tv volar HD stick which works well on my laptop but got the audio delay in the Vu+
    Was there ever a reason given as to why the audio delay was happening??

dont think they ever gave reason. but this sundtek one seems to work perfect - had slight audio delay that i rectify with live pause for second on rte one sometimes but otherwise is great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Apogee

Is the problem on RTÉ One intermittent (only happens when you switch to RTÉ One now and again) or is it always there when you switch channel? And on this 'vix' image, can you get the Freesat EPG (e.g. on radio channels) like pli?

yes only rarely on rte one. not seen it do it for few days. could be rte themselves and not the box? yes vix image broadcasts freesat epg over the air once you click --- freesat = YES -- in the customise menu. i have not checked the radio channels on freesat but im sure it fetches them also. for rte dtt the vix image picks up 7 day listings for tv and radio channels also. :D

If you get a chance, could you please check the radio channels at some point? Seriously considering shelling out for one of these in the next few weeks, and the radios are the clincher.

[edit] Hard to see why RTÉ One is affected and not the others. There's nothing special in its configuration. However, one thing that can't currently be checked is lipsync on the HD channels, as there's no place in the video where you can actually check lipsync!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Apogee wrote: »
    If you get a chance, could you please check the radio channels at some point? Seriously considering shelling out for one of these in the next few weeks, and the radios are the clincher.

[!

Freesat RADIO EPG works perfectly on VTI image in Vu+duo.

Great receiver. Can now be bought for €409 including delivery from german website!
    Great to hear Irish Dtt is working with suntek usb. Early xmas pressie i think!

Which German website?

satshop uk have them on sale at 375 gbp -- 421 euro. uk means quicker delivery too :) i bought mine in january from hm sat shop .de for 449 but is still listed at that. very prompt service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭stesaurus

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

New forum site for the makers of the Vu+. http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/
    It seems to be connected with the old Dream Elite team in some way.
    Hopefully an new image from the old Dream Elite team.

Sicil*an from the ViX team isn't to pleased about it for some reason. He's saying it because Dream Elite were calling all Linux boxes were used for illegal activates, but I think there is more to it.
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/ isn't as friendly as it was before they released ViX. They all get a bit tetchy when they release their own images.

Dream Elite were the worst at the tetchiness.

HAUPPAGE NOVA T DTT USB TUNER NOW SUPPORTED ON VU+
    First picture 100% TodoDream Compiled with the latest drivers for 10/26/1910

OE-1.6
    GCC-4.4.3

-Support for Hauppauge USB-Nova-T Freeview
    Fixed operating free-tickets-USB with USB running TDT
    Hd-Skin-Glass V-2.80
    Emus and Utilities-Panel HD-Glass comprehensive (by Sharman) (blue button or plugins)
    "CCcam 2.1.3
    "CCcam 2.1.4
    -Mbox
    -Mgcam
    -Oscam
    -Newcs
    (The emus are in: / usr / UCM_CamSrv_bin NOT include configs are accrued copy folders always)
    -Added several more codecs for audio and video (you test and report), (even NON ac3 +).

Known bugs:
    "Even some audio-image gap TDT-HD channels (working on it)
    -Custom Boot Image TodoDream Forum
    -Report the that you find, thanks

Abelinho Beor and thank for the patience and test the most important parts

(Agradeceria to any partner that up to the forum, thanks)

PS: Working for Avermedia Volar Black, ac3 + sound, sound-audio gaps do not know if we will succeed.

NI CONFIGS NOT INCLUDED ****

DOWNLOAD HEREhttp://www.multiupload.com/GF3HK53Z8F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

same lip sync problems as before with last dream elite image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

stanley1 wrote: »
    same lip sync problems as before with last dream elite image.

no lip sync problems with DM800, I wonder is there a problem with vu+ drivers.

stanley1 wrote: »
    no lip sync problems with DM800, I wonder is there a problem with vu+ drivers.

contacted sundtek again last night for update on the lip sync issue i reported to them and they forwarded me the email they got back this morning from vu+ support.

"Dear all,

New driver, to be released by the mid of this month,

will resolve all the problems related with lipsync.

Moreover, some minor bugs will be also fixed at that version.

Thanks and best regards "

am delighted for one as was only isssue i have with my vu+. so fingers crossed that vu+/sundtek keep to their word.

apologies double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

contacted sundtek again last night for update on the lip sync issue i reported to them and they forwarded me the email they got back this morning from vu+ support.

"Dear all,

New driver, to be released by the mid of this month,

will resolve all the problems related with lipsync.

Moreover, some minor bugs will be also fixed at that version.

Thanks and best regards "

am delighted for one as was only isssue i have with my vu+. so fingers crossed that vu+/sundtek keep to their word.

That's great news.I'm toying with the idea of adding a vu+ duo to my azbox ultra. :) E2 is coming along nicely on the azbox too so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

RogerThis wrote: »
    New forum site for the makers of the Vu+. http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/
    It seems to be connected with the old Dream Elite team in some way.
    Hopefully an new image from the old Dream Elite team.

Sicil*an from the ViX team isn't to pleased about it for some reason. He's saying it because Dream Elite were calling all Linux boxes were used for illegal activates, but I think there is more to it.
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/ isn't as friendly as it was before they released ViX. They all get a bit tetchy when they release their own images.

Dream Elite were the worst at the tetchiness.

and when the one coder that produces vix image gets the hump and does something else ... who's left to produce the image

As you said Coders can be very tetchy at times :)

Good to see a manufacturer respond quickly to a problem, thanks to irishchris for helping to resolve this issue as it's been crying out for a fix.

blackhole team have new image out for vu+
    http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/blackhole-1-3-6-oe-1-6.460

supoorts 3 dtt usb sticks including hauppage.

not sure on audio sync problems with this image but would imagine is same for all vu+ images until new drivers are released.

It seems they want nothing to do with softcams/emu's at all anymore. They are not available to download via their servers and they make statements about not changing the image to use it for illegal purposes etc....:confused:
    Not all people use softcams for illegal purposes, lots of people use them to read ligit cards that they have bought so they dont have to fork out for a hardware Cam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

blackhole team have new image out for vu+
    http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/blackhole-1-3-6-oe-1-6.460

supoorts 3 dtt usb sticks including hauppage.

not sure on audio sync problems with this image but would imagine is same for all vu+ images until new drivers are released.

Hey irishchris, what image are you using?

I'm on the ViX image myself, it's white, clean and I'm happy with it. I prefer it to the old Dream Elite image. Only problem is how long they will take to implement Hauppage usb stick. I'm not going to fork out €100 for a DVB-T stick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement