Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

excellent to see all the hard work been put in by vix team. i reflashed vix 1.2 onto my vu+ duo a few days ago and am delighted it is now a very stable image with all the update fix for the few probs i had.

a lot of updates been added to this image later today with some very good features :)

*New QuickEPG (vix version of VirtualZap) (press long ok or arrow down) then use up/down single movement, left/right page movement (2 at time), Channel Up/Down changes listing for prev/next channel, and you can use the colour button on the events to so you can add timers, autotimers, search epg & search imdb.
    *Added NFS Server (needs testing)
    *Latest Enigma2 08-11-2010
    *Skin fixes (includes the disabled Channels showing incorrect)
    *Radio Close greenscreen.
    *Network Wizard references to 'Dreambox'
    *Tweaked Softcam Manger (that causing random green screens)
    *IMDb Search fixed.
    *Added Enable Subservice option, in VIX settings

well done to andy and team. it was definitely a good day that the vix team came on board with the vu+ :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

How handy is it to update? Can I simply update via the menu, without losing my settings, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

byte wrote: »
    How handy is it to update? Can I simply update via the menu, without losing my settings, etc?

I updated from ViX 1.1 to 1.2 via the Menu button / Setup / Software Management / Software Update.

Took about 10 minutes to update. I didn't lose any of my settings. It worked a treat.

Yes its all done through software update in setup menu. Don't lose any settings. Update not online yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Any irish retailers selling these at a reasonable price? Seems satellitetv originally had it for 399 but it's now 459 and out of stock.

Am looking at ordering from ebay, comes in about 445 delivered, but if someone knows of better...let me know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

dec2000 wrote: »
    Any irish retailers selling these at a reasonable price? Seems satellitetv originally had it for 399 but it's now 459 and out of stock.

Am looking at ordering from ebay, comes in about 445 delivered, but if someone knows of better...let me know :D

€408 including delivery:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Receptor-satelite-Linux-HD-VU-DUO-Twin-Tuner-PVR-/220683676614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item3361c5abc6

givecredit wrote: »

Thanks givecredit, don't know how you found that, because even now when I search on ebay I can't find it unless I access via your direct link :confused:

Anyway, think i'll take the plunge and go for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Thanks givecredit, don't know how you found that, because even now when I search on ebay I can't find it unless I access via your direct link :confused:

Anyway, think i'll take the plunge and go for it...

You need to change settings on left hand side to include european union in search.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

There another official firmware for vuplus 5.4 it fixes
    Fix vtuner audio/video sync problem

I'd say ViX will delay releasing their update until they have implemented the latest vuplus firmware.

Hopefully ViX will start working on USB-DVB-T soon. Sifteam have the Happauge WinTV now working http://forum.sifteam.eu/vu-duo/83715-vuduo-happauge-sif.html

Sifteam are completely open source, so ViX are free to take sifteam's code and and put it into ViX. I don't think Andy (the main developer) on the ViX team is that interested in USB DVB-T though. (I think he's in Germany so no DVB-T there)

yes looks like thats the fix that i emailed sundtek about. delighted they actually listen to their customers. I am going to install the official image just to test audio fix and will flash back to vix then. but i notice The dvb-core.ko is not included in this package which will be a big prob for andy to implement unless they add it later it will mean a bit of reprogramming for the image. so dont expect an update any time soon if this is the case unfortunately

• Advertisement

i have just loaded the original image using the latest drivers and tested dvb-t channels here and am delighted to report there are NO audio sync problems on any channels! big step forward for vu+ imo.

seems the updates vix had planned to release were delayed and are going to be released with the new 5.4 drivers in a new viv 1.3 image tomorrow possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

Hauppauge nova-t now working perfectly on latest BH 1.3.9 image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Does anyone do any sharing on these boxes? Free to Air cards of course...

Whats the set up like?

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Does anyone do any sharing on these boxes? Free to Air cards of course...

Whats the set up like?

i personally only use it for watching uk free to air channels, irish dtt and my cyfra/jsc cards so dont know about what you are asking. also think it breaks forum rules what you are referring to sorry

stanley1 wrote: »
    Hauppauge nova-t now working perfectly on latest BH 1.3.9 image.

just noticed that when i reboot, configuration settings for nova-t stick are gone, there is no provision to save settings in config.

for those looking for nova t and other usb tuners the new gigant image relesased today with audio sync fixed and large selection of usb tuners

"The list of supported cards usb dvb-t:

Reference Driver: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick
    Driver Name: dib0700

* Elgato EyeTV DTT [OK]
    * Emtec S810 [OK]
    * Hauppauge Nova-T Stick [OK]
    * Hauppauge Nova-T Stick HD [OK]
    * Pinnacle PCTV 72e [OK]
    * Terratec Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity / T5 [OK]

Reference Driver: AVerMedia A867
    Driver Name: A867

* AverMedia A867 [OK]

Reference Driver: Hauppauge WinTV MiniStick
    Driver Name: smsusb

* Hauppauge WinTV MiniStick [OK]
    * Hauppauge WinTV HD MiniStick [OK]

Reference Driver: Terratec / qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver
    Driver Name: cinergyT2

* CinergyT2 [OK]

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3840-Gigant-Multiboot-Image-for-Duo-16-11-2010&p=27955#post27955

i personally will be sticking with vix who have added sundtek drivers and control plugins for it to new v1.3 with audio sync fixed. official release expected today also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Am looking at ordering from ebay, comes in about 445 delivered, but if someone knows of better...let me know

Its the cheapest I have seen them.

Go to http://www.ielektroniks.com/ pick the item at €449 and apply one of the discounts off (€100). Delivery is €38. €387 all in.

ielektroniks_X1005
    ielektroniks_X1042
    ielektroniks_X1012
    ielektroniks_X1039
    ielektroniks_X1019
    ielektroniks_X1036
    ielektroniks_X1021
    ielektroniks_X1033
    ielektroniks_X1024
    ielektroniks_X1027

STB wrote: »

Go to http://www.ielektroniks.com/ pick the item at €449 and apply one of the discounts off (€100). Delivery is €38. €387 all in.

ielektroniks_X1005
    ielektroniks_X1042
    ielektroniks_X1012
    ielektroniks_X1039
    ielektroniks_X1019
    ielektroniks_X1036
    ielektroniks_X1021
    ielektroniks_X1033
    ielektroniks_X1024
    ielektroniks_X1027

Thanks STB, was going to buy via ebay this week, but this is even better :D Have you bought one this way? I've just dropped an email to ensure these are the latest revision - I presume they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Thanks STB, was going to buy via ebay this week, but this is even better :D Have you bought one this way? I've just dropped an email to ensure these are the latest revision - I presume they are.

No. But I am thinking of getting one alright (how much interaction with linux is the key point - I have no problem, but the missus will!). They are a site sponsor over at sat-universe. Poster El General is one of the european satellite gurus over there and gets to beta test all the latest boxes. I picked it up in that forum. That crowd are in Spain and to the best of my knowledge are legit. They irregularly update their discount codes also at the dragteam website.

I didnt know that there were different revisions of the box so you will have to check which with them. Try asking at the dragteam website.

• Advertisement

Got an email back first thing this morning confirming that the box are the latest revision 2.3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

irishchris wrote: »

i personally will be sticking with vix who have added sundtek drivers and control plugins for it to new v1.3 with audio sync fixed. official release expected today also

Hi irishchris - Just checking if all's working with VIX 1.3 i.e. lip sync issues resolved etc?:confused: Looking to get one of these VU+ boxes soon!

hi mate

vix 1.3 is not out yet. andy is finalising it and confirmed it should be shortly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

hi mate

vix 1.3 is not out yet. andy is finalising it and confirmed it should be shortly :D

Been checking the vix page all day!
    Thumbs up from you, irishchris?

;)

big big thumbs up from me. very reliable and in depth. but i am simply testing it - is obviously up to andy and the vix team to release details etc as they are doing all the work. but i for one think it is absolutely without question the best image i have had the pleasure of using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

;)

big big thumbs up from me. very reliable and in depth. but i am simply testing it - is obviously up to andy and the vix team to release details etc as they are doing all the work. but i for one think it is absolutely without question the best image i have had the pleasure of using

Cheers for that - the guy(s) doing it are worthy of a donation support.
    Best image without a doubt.

STB wrote: »

ielektroniks_X1005
    ielektroniks_X1042
    ielektroniks_X1012
    ielektroniks_X1039
    ielektroniks_X1019
    ielektroniks_X1036
    ielektroniks_X1021
    ielektroniks_X1033
    ielektroniks_X1024
    ielektroniks_X1027

Ordered from this site last SUnday, it was with GLS on Monday evening...but now its taking forever to get here...it's left the UK last night...so hopefully it will arrive on Monday :D If anyone is looking to buy, I can recommend this site, communication was good and they quickly dispatched it...(although yet to receive it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Apogee

Ordered from this site last SUnday, it was with GLS on Monday evening...but now its taking forever to get here...it's left the UK last night...so hopefully it will arrive on Monday :D If anyone is looking to buy, I can recommend this site, communication was good and they quickly dispatched it...(although yet to receive it)

I ordered from them too, it was delivered in under 5 days.

I've tried out a couple of different images (gigant, sifteam and Vix). Only Vix seems to support the Freesat EPG - all the others rely on CrossEPG or Rytec or variants.

Is that correct?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It seems to be turning into quite a popular Linux STB.

Which is good - the more owners, the better the support is likely to be.

• Advertisement

sundtek usb dtt stick is the only one supported in upcoming vix 1.3 image, they hope to add more in 1.4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement