Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

If the OP was looking for genuine advice she wouldn't ask on AH and more importantly she should direct the question to women. And why the hell ask what's going on in his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I particularly liked this one:
    Stare away! I don't care. They are coming home with me and not you at the end of the day!
    I get to sleep with them, tuck them in every day before heading out, I get to lather them up in shower, and rub lotion on them. icon_124.gif

What do you get? A stare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"men who liked to stare at women’s breasts have lower blood pressure, suffer less cardiovascular disease and have slower heart beat."

Keep on staring, lads - it's good for your health. :D

http://nedmartin.org/amused/pics/boob-staring.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

"men who liked to stare at women’s breasts have lower blood pressure, suffer less cardiovascular disease and have slower heart beat."

Keep on staring, lads - it's good for your health. :D

http://nedmartin.org/amused/pics/boob-staring.jpg

Yes, now I have a decent excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Yes there are, that is ture and I wish there were more women posting in AH, I think most AH posters do.

I think it would make ALL discussions much more interesting if the girls from TLL posted here more often.

Well, I wasn't posting on AH back so don't know about that but I would imagine it was for the reason I posted above and AH'ers felt all the girls would go off there and post rather than post here.

Was there more female posters on AH before the TLL was formed?

Sure, I can show you but again, I DIDN'T feel "uneasy".

The ONLY reason I bothered mentioning them was to point out the hypocrisy and double standards of some female posters.

Here are those comments:

This last one makes me laugh.

How many many women cheered and whooped each week watching Sex and The City as Kim Cattrall oggled, leered and ultimately devoured boys half her age?? Was that "grotesque" ??

Really??

Called "Sweetie" too would you believe. Did you miss that too?

Here is one of those comments to which I was refering:

I don't need to walk in anyone's shoes to declare comments like that as 'outlandish'.

Easy.

I was mainly refering to women who display their breasts and then complain when they are looked at.

However, the remarks made by Southsiderosie and Midlandmissus (quoted below) would have me believe that those above words are quite fitting:

Any woman who makes the above comments is, in my eyes at least, either a prima donna or just plain spoiled and needs to get over themselves.

You call those comments sexist and double standard? I wouldn't really. Really really. Certainly when compared to comments on here ALL THE TIME from guys about girls. Condescending some maybe but certainly not sexist to the same degree we get.

I never saw anyone call anyone a chauvanistic pig here before.

And how else do you think people try to justify the burkha?

satc is a tv show not to be taken seriously.

tLL has brought more women to AH and boards in general, imo.
    You say the comments posted didn't make you feel uneasy, and you want more women to post here? Well maybe they don't want to post in AH because they DO feel uneasy in here. I don't blame them, tbh.

From this thread, most of the comments suggest;

-You woman, I man. Deal with it
    -You (all women) LOVE it
    -Don't wear revealing clothes or anything you feel nice in (basically wear a burkha)
    -There are no such things as perverts
    -It's not making you uncomfortable if I say it isn't
    -Few seem to understand the differences between looking/glancing/STARING & club/public/WORKPLACE

Good find :)

I like these comments ..

Just for balance :)

Again, that's all well and good IN A CLUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

WindSock wrote: »
    Again, that's all well and good IN A CLUB.

Are they not the same bewbs in the workplace as they are in the club?

EDIT: At work at the minute. Just asked one of my (female) colleagues about this issue, and she believes guys are going to look either way so either enjoy it or ignore it. Getting in a tizzy doesn't sort anything.

\looks back to her bewbs after typing this.

Otacon wrote: »
    Are they not the same bewbs in the workplace as they are in the club?

EDIT: At work at the minute. Just asked one of my (female) colleagues about this issue, and she believes guys are going to look either way so either enjoy it or ignore it. Getting in a tizzy doesn't sort anything.

\looks back to her bewbs after typing this.

No. Work tits are different to going out tits.

How does she feel about you and/or the rest of your male colleagues staring at them?

How does she feel about you and/or the rest of your male colleagues staring at them?

She hasn't seen us. We have teh ninja skillz!

• Advertisement

She hasn't seen us. We have teh ninja skillz!

So yizzers are looking, not staring like the chap in the OP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I don't know why we do it, we are pathetic, a man's sex drive is like sharing your life with a lunatic it defies all logic.

So yizzers are looking, not staring like the chap in the OP :pac:

There are times when we stare. Nothing too intrusive. If her rack was nicer, my gaze would probably linger longer.

\BTW she has gone home now.

There are times when we stare. Nothing too intrusive.

What do you mean 'we'. Do you notice the other chaps staring at them, or do you just talk about staring at them?
    \BTW she has gone home now.

Probably to play with her tittels :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

I think all the men here should just calm down and visit TLL to see what it's actually like to be a woman.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055761551

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

segaBOY wrote: »
    I think all the men here should just calm down and visit TLL to see what it's actually like to be a woman.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055761551

How about all the women here calm down and go vist TGC and see what it's actually like to be a man.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1136

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Emmmmmmmmmm Nipples

How about all the women here calm down and go vist TGC and see what it's like to be a man.

It sucks sometimes :(:(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055761836

You call those comments sexist and double standard?

Yes I do. If they were said about women then you would say they were sexist so why not men?
    Certainly when compared to comments on here ALL THE TIME from guys about girls.

This is 'After Hours'. Effectively, this is the pub :)
    Condescending some maybe

No 'maybe' about it.

'Darling' and 'Sweetie' are very conescending ways to address someone.
    but certainly not sexist to the same degree we get.

Men get just as many sexist remarks and comments directed at them as women.

They would just not show up on your radar as they have no impact on your life.

In actually fact, there are so many ways in which society functions that are sexist towards men.

Of course you'll say 'Women get paid less' etc etc but in everyday life Men get it the neck for women. Society is much easier on women and a hell of alot tougher on men.

Look at the male suicide rates in this country alone and you might get a true picture of just how much pressure there is on men nowadays to be all things to all women.

It's about time women stopped beating men up for not being women.
    I never saw anyone call anyone a chauvanistic pig here before..

You also said you "never ever" heard anyone on here call someone "Darling" but when I went and quoted it, what I got was not an apoolgy for the comment nor an apology for implying it never happend .. no, what I got was the following comment ..

"jeez you must have a lot of time on your hands. No wonder the TLL girls don't post here with attitudes like yours"

I can't win.
    satc is a tv show not to be taken seriously.

Your telling men not to take that show seriousily? Shouldn't that be the other way around?
    tLL has brought more women to AH and boards in general, imo.

Glad to hear it.
    You say the comments posted didn't make you feel uneasy,

Yes.
    and you want more women to post here?

That's correct. I love women (despite comments suggesting otherwise).
    Well maybe they don't want to post in AH because they DO feel uneasy in here.

Well, if that's true (amd I'm not saying that it is) then it has zero to do with me.

The only women that should feel "uneasy" on a thread that I am psoting in, is the ones that want to label men as 'sleazy', 'perverted' or also the ones who want to act like the world revolves around them and how 'put out' they are cause some guy gave them the eye or dared try and chat them up.

I have interacted with quite a few of the girls on AH and haven't noticed anytimes were there felt "uneasy", I hope they haven't.

AH does have moderators you know and I have seen many times were both sexes were getting a tough time and they stepped in. Especially were personal comments were concerned.

By the way, off the top of my head I can only remember one person getting a ban for making personal comments on any thread that I was involved in and that was a woman.
    From this thread, most of the comments suggest;

Sexist comment!!!

You are clearly implying here that men on AH are just Neanderthals.
    -You (all women) LOVE it

That comment was not directed at that girl at work. It was directed at women out and about.

Some women do enjoy men having a look. How do expect men to tell which women are which? We can't read minds you know.
    -Don't wear revealing clothes or anything you feel nice in (basically wear a burkha)

See, this is were you try and twist and sneak little comments in hoping they will go under the radar.

First, nobody said "Don't wear revealing clothes".

What they said was 'don't wear revealing clothes if you don't want sexual attention.' - quite different to what you just implied.

Secondly, not for a second did anyone even suggest that women should not wear "anything you feel nice in".
    -There are no such things as perverts

Nobody said it, nor implied such a thing.
    -It's not making you uncomfortable if I say it isn't

Nobody said that. Nobody.

We acknowledge you feel "uncomfortable".

Depending on the situation however, some of us care and some us don't. Let me expand on that.

If a woman was at work and a guy is staring so much that he is not doing is job satisfactorily - then it's natural to feel uncomfortable and most men on here would understand that and empathize with her.

If however the women is on her way home and notices some guy checking out her figure and feels objectifyed and so rolls her eyes, then that is a different matter entirely.

I am not denying for a second that she feels "uncomfortable" but I am just not bothered about how she feels in this situation as it's harmless.

So far on this thread, everytime a woman is complaining about being looked at, they describe the guy with words like "Ugly" and "Old" .. why?
    -Few seem to understand the differences between looking/glancing/STARING & club/public/WORKPLACE

Men glance/look/stare at breasts from a very young age and we are quite well attuned to what is appropriate and what is not.

The ones that get caught are just amateurs tbh :)

Your telling men not to take that show seriousily? Shouldn't that be the other way around?

QFT

• Advertisement

Yes I do. If they were said about women then you would say they were sexist so why not men?

This is 'After Hours'. Effectively, this is the pub :)

No 'maybe' about it.

'Darling' and 'Sweetie' are very conescending ways to address someone.

In actually fact, there are so many ways in which society functions that are sexist towards men.

Of course you'll say 'Women get paid less' etc etc but in everyday life Men get it the neck for women. Society is much easier on women and a hell of alot tougher on men.

Look at the male suicide rates in this country alone and you might get a true picture of just how much pressure there is on men nowadays to be all things to all women.

It's about time women stopped beating men up for not being women.

You also said you "never ever" heard anyone on here call someone "Darling" but when I went and quoted it, what I got was not an apoolgy for the comment nor an apology for implying it never happend .. no, what I got was the following comment ..

"jeez you must have a lot of time on your hands. No wonder the TLL girls don't post here with attitudes like yours"

I can't win.

Glad to hear it.

Yes.

That's correct. I love women (despite comments suggesting otherwise).

Well, if that's true (amd I'm not saying that it is) then it has zero to do with me.

The only women that should feel "uneasy" on a thread that I am psoting in, is the ones that want to label men as 'sleazy', 'perverted' or also the ones who want to act like the world revolves around them and how 'put out' they are cause some guy gave them the eye or dared try and chat them up.

I have interacted with quite a few of the girls on AH and haven't noticed anytimes were there felt "uneasy", I hope they haven't.

AH does have moderators you know and I have seen many times were both sexes were getting a tough time and they stepped in. Especially were personal comments were concerned.

By the way, off the top of my head I can only remember one person getting a ban for making personal comments on any thread that I was involved in and that was a woman.

Sexist comment!!!

You are clearly implying here that men on AH are just Neanderthals.

That comment was not directed at that girl at work. It was directed at women out and about.

Some women do enjoy men having a look. How do expect men to tell which women are which? We can't read minds you know.

See, this is were you try and twist and sneak little comments in hoping they will go under the radar.

First, nobody said "Don't wear revealing clothes".

What they said was 'don't wear revealing clothes if you don't want sexual attention.' - quite different to what you just implied.

Secondly, not for a second did anyone even suggest that women should not wear "anything you feel nice in".

Nobody said it, nor implied such a thing.

Nobody said that. Nobody.

We acknowledge you feel "uncomfortable".

Depending on the situation however, some of us care and some us don't. Let me expand on that.

If a woman was at work and a guy is staring so much that he is not doing is job satisfactorily - then it's natural to feel uncomfortable and most men on here would understand that and empathize with her.

If however the women is on her way home and notices some guy checking out her figure and feels objectifyed and so rolls her eyes, then that is a different matter entirely.

I am not denying for a second that she feels "uncomfortable" but I am just not bothered about how she feels in this situation as it's harmless.

Men glance/look/stare at breasts from a very young age and we are quite well attuned to what is appropriate and what is not.

The ones that get caught are just amateurs tbh :)

Am I suggesting all the men on here are neanderthals? I never said that. You said that. How is it sexist?
    There are comments on here from GUYS that say it is a primitive preprogramming etc.

Can you tell me how those examples you gave of female sexism are sexist please?

Going into a rant about how male are more hard done by in society is not really going to work in this thread. You are implying as if we women are to blame and we want you to feel bad - That is sexist!
    Men get just as many sexist remarks and comments directed at them as women.

They would just not show up on your radar as they have no impact on your life

Do you think they may show up on mens radar more? Yeah I do. Everytime there is a case of it a guy posts on here to compain about it accompanied by a barrage of 'thanks' as if to say 'see? ALL you women are just hypocrites'

ALL us women aren't hypocrites. Some are, some aren't, like with everything. What I do know is not ALL women are RESPONSIBLE for f-m sexism.

Do you think if a chick posted in AH for everytime there was a blatant case of m-f sexism, her thread would get as mant 'thanks' and support?
    My Aunt Fanny it would

My comment regarded women saying 'chauvanistic pig' that is what I meant by never ever, not the 'darling' bit. I thought you would have gotten that when I told you of the opposite being told to us in the form of 'feminazi.'

So far on this thread, everytime a woman is complaining about being looked at, they describe the guy with words like "Ugly" and "Old" .. why?

Maybe because he is ugly? Creepyness tends to make people view others with an ugly light. Or maybe he is old? Older men tend to be from a different generation and some may be stuck in a time warp, confused by what is socially accepable and what isn't.

There are a few examples here of people saying not to wear low cut tops btw. Not going back through the thread to dig it out, unless you really want me to.
    Why do you think burkhas exist? Because it implies it is the womans fault if she gets leered at or worse, simply for what she wears.

regarding Sex & The City...what the hell are you talking about? I don't know anyone who takes it seriously. I know people like to watch it, but what do you mean about taking it seriously?

How about all the women here calm down and go vist TGC and see what it's actually like to be a man.

By women are you referring to me? I'm perfectly calm thanks. And I am well aware of that forum. However I can see what it is actually like to be a man from AH too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

getting back on topic.I love looking at the boobs (not staring.. just in case I get caught)
    OP forgive me I'm just a man:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the best thing a girl friend can do for a guy friend is give him a license to admire her cleavage.

regarding Sex & The City...what the hell are you talking about? I don't know anyone who takes it seriously. I know people like to watch it, but what do you mean about taking it seriously?
    I know women who take it seriously. They also act like complete sluts.

Am I suggesting all the men on here are neanderthals? I never said that. You said that. How is it sexist?

You said that the comments on the thread from the Men suggested, and I again quote ..

Clearly an implication that the men who posted on the thread were Neanderthals (ie; Cavemen).

And you can't see how that is 'sexist'??
    There are comments on here from GUYS that say it is a primitive preprogramming etc.

Oh so you did understand the implication then - so why pretend you didn't with the above comment?

What those comments suggested was that it can be traced back to primitive times that men look at breasts for partner selection not that the rpractices of the Stone Age times should be still around today.

Did someone say we should be allowed to bop you over the head and drag you back to our caves? No.
    You are implying as if we women are to blame and we want you to feel bad - That is sexist!

I did no such thing.

I think MEN are to blame for the way things are today. They have bent over backwards in society and I think we have lost part of what it means to be a man in the midst of trying correct past wrongs.
    Do you think they may show up on mens radar more? Yeah I do. Everytime there is a case of it a guy posts on here to compain about it accompanied by a barrage of 'thanks' as if to say 'see? ALL you women are just hypocrites'

And the women don't 'Thank' each others posts, no?
    ALL you women are just hypocrites' ALL us women aren't hypocrites. not ALL women are RESPONSIBLE for f-m sexism

Who said "ALL" women are "Hypocrites"??

This is SO typical.

A man calls a woman a "hypocrite" and he's calling ALL women hypocrites :rolleyes:
    Some are, some aren't, like with everything.

We know that. I know that.

Who suggested or implied ALL women were hypocrites or "RESPONSIBLE" for f-m sexism???

Find a post (without talking a quote out of context) and quote it. I promise not to suggest you have 'too much time on your hands' if you do.
    Do you think if a chick posted in AH for everytime there was a blatant case of m-f sexism, her thread would get as mant 'thanks' and support?

Yes as you will always get guys trying to impress women.

If I was to post on TLL do you think I would get any 'Thanks' for saying men have it hard???

Would I fcuk.

I'd be laughed out of the place and that's only if I wasn't eaten alive first.
    Maybe because he is ugly? Creepyness tends to make people view others with an ugly light.

Think it's more along the lines that some women have a problem with guys they don't like looking at them. They will cringe if some unattrative guy eyes them up but some hot guy and all is good.
    Or maybe he is old? Older men tend to be from a different generation and some may be stuck in a time warp, confused by what is socially accepable and what isn't.

'Older men .. some maybe stuck in Timewarp ,, Confused by what is socially accepable and what isn't' ..

And some poor women have to 'put up with them' - is that it?
    There are a few examples here of people saying not to wear low cut tops btw.

Yes, if you don't want to be looked at ..

Men are attracted to the female form and so like to look.

You are NEVER going to live in a world where men don't look at women. Never.
    Why do you think burkhas exist? Because it implies it is the womans fault if she gets leered at or worse, simply for what she wears.

You have to be kidding and you wonder why I said there were some outlandish comments made.

By women are you referring to me? I'm perfectly calm thanks. And I am well aware of that forum. However I can see what it is actually like to be a man from AH too.

Eh, no ..by "women", I was refering to 'women' strangely enough.

Also, I was mimicking Segaboy's post, swapping TLL for TGC .. :rolleyes:

Sex & The City became almost like a religion to a hell of alot of women throughout the western world.

If you don't think that show had an impact on how a precentage of women lived their lives for the past decade or more, then you must have been in a coma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EimearCritchley

TheZohan wrote: »
    Because they're there.

/edit boobs are to men what shoes are to women, nice to look at and if they're exceptional we wonder "Where did you get them?"

Thats one of the best explanations ive heard...now i do kinda get it

Advertisement