Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

This is probably in the wrong section but I figured if I need answers the good people in After Hours are the ones to ask.

So...theres a guy in work I get on with very well. We are both in our mid - late 20s. We work very well together and have a laugh. Hes married by the way so anything more than that is a no no plus Im in a very loving committed relationship myself.

However, he stares at my chest alot...Its not all the time but its quite frequently. It goes to the point where I know hes doing it and I look up and catch him and he knows I catch him and he quickly removes his eyes and looks away and theres like a milli-moment of silence before we start talking again. But its really embarrassing for both me and him.

Ive noted not to wearing clingy tops and low cut stuff and he still does it.

Seriously, what do I do? I mean do I just say it to him or make a joke outta it or ask him nicely to stop?
    Ok its nice to be admired or feel a suggestion that someone might like the shape of my body or my looks but this is a bit...i dunno...uncomfortable.

Can you tell me whats going on in his head, I mean he has a wife with a pair of her own? Why look at mine? Why put us both in the situation of being really embarrassed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

He's a man.

Also PICS OR GTFO !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Its difficult to say without seeing some sort of photographic evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

He does it because you have boobs, and we like looking at boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Tell him to "take a picture, it will last longer"..that will embarass him and get your point across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    Why look at mine? Why put us both in the situation of being really embarrassed?

Because they're there.

/edit boobs are to men what shoes are to women, nice to look at and if they're exceptional we wonder "Where did you get them?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

But of course they all have lovely boobs... :rolleyes:
    Tell him to "take a picture, it will last longer"..that will embarass him and get your point across

That could lead to something else there ;)

And on the plus side, he also gets a picture of boobs, so that will keep him happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Then tell him to post it on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

maybe I should start staring at his crotch just because its there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Can you tell me whats going on in his head, I mean he has a wife with a pair of her own? Why look at mine? Why put us both in the situation of being really embarrassed?

he's might bethinking to himself "my wifes boobies are way nicer than them ugly thingies, lucky me!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

phew, I see you are in Waterford....that means you're not talking about me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I think the only way any of us can make a fair judgement on this is if you show us your breasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Most straight men like breasts, period - I don't think the fact they are not on their wife/partners chest stands in the way of their appreciation.

If the guy is creeping you out then say that to him and hope he learns to be a bit more discreet, if he is making you feel really, really uncomfortable & you don't care if he gets into trouble then you could speak to HR, or you can try to avoid the guy altogether - perhaps a warning & less friendliness would get the message across?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Yep, we're men, we fart, belch, scratch, and stare at boobs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Eat a bucket of lard every day until your overall weight increases to the point where your breasts are indistinguishable from the rest of your body.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why is this embarrassing? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

If you get on well enough mention it to him in a jokey way next time he does it. It will break the ice and aknowledge that you notice it. If he keeps doing it, then let him know it makes you a bit uncomfortable. Some guys are just obsessed. They need to learn their obsessions shouldn't spill over to making others around them feel awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Why is this embarrassing? :confused:

Its embarrassing because theyre my bits...and for him to be looking at them makes me think that hes thinking funny maybe sexual things about me. Thats uncomfortable when we are in a work situation and things are ment to be professional
    Hope that makes sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dovers

There mightn't be anything in it he might be just thinking something along the lines of "jaysus that's some rack". Same way ya might look at someone with a big head

I wouldn't worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Aren't boobies great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

This is probably in the wrong section but I figured if I need answers the good people in After Hours are the ones to ask.

So...theres a guy in work I get on with very well. We are both in our mid - late 20s. We work very well together and have a laugh. Hes married by the way so anything more than that is a no no plus Im in a very loving committed relationship myself.

However, he stares at my chest alot...Its not all the time but its quite frequently. It goes to the point where I know hes doing it and I look up and catch him and he knows I catch him and he quickly removes his eyes and looks away and theres like a milli-moment of silence before we start talking again. But its really embarrassing for both me and him.

Ive noted not to wearing clingy tops and low cut stuff and he still does it.

Seriously, what do I do? I mean do I just say it to him or make a joke outta it or ask him nicely to stop?
    Ok its nice to be admired or feel a suggestion that someone might like the shape of my body or my looks but this is a bit...i dunno...uncomfortable.

I'm sorry, I was distracted by eh, something. What was your question?

WindSock wrote: »
    If you get on well enough mention it to him in a jokey way next time he does it. It will break the ice and aknowledge that you notice it. If he keeps doing it, then let him know it makes you a bit uncomfortable. Some guys are just obsessed. They need to learn their obsessions shouldn't spill over to making others around them feel awkward.

All this will do is ensure that he is more subtle with his boob stareage. Trying to stop a man looking at boobs is like trying to stop a thing that's very hard to stop. (I'm attending a night course in analogies, but I have only been to one so far, so I'm not that good yet.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Its embarrassing because theyre my bits...and for him to be looking at them makes me think that hes thinking funny maybe sexual things about me. Thats uncomfortable when we are in a work situation and things are ment to be professional
    Hope that makes sense?

Maybe? lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

His inner child is hungry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm an arse man so luckliy rarely get caught.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

WindSock wrote: »

That will make him feel like a sad panda and he won't talk to you for months

oeb wrote: »
    All this will do is ensure that he is more subtle with his boob stareage. Trying to stop a man looking at boobs is like trying to stop a thing that's very hard to stop. (I'm attending a night course in analogies, but I have only been to one so far, so I'm not that good yet.)

Well then. When you go into work in the morning stand with your boobs about a foot away at eye level to him and tell him to get his whole days dosage in 2 minutes.

Or...

Stick a post-it on each one with a drawing of a cock and balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Try not wearing something that shows cleavage.

• Advertisement

segaBOY wrote: »
    That will make him feel like a sad panda and he won't talk to you for months

Well it's either that or go to HR and have them tell him with a caution.

Advertisement