Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

yeah you know whats really **** though, when you'rer talking to a chick in work who has nice tits and they're on display and you're like trying your best not to look down at them but its really obvious that you wanna look down. So you just eye ball her face instensly . And you think your neck is going to break under the strain. and your afraid to look anywhere other than her eyes. Coz you know that the first place your eyes will after leaving her face is her down to her tits...

So you see, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

So you see, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Exactly, we end up not knowing what to do, so do nothing and I end up as an Outlaw and you end up .. eh .. er .. :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

OutlawPete wrote: »
    You said that the comments on the thread from the Men suggested, and I again quote ..

Clearly an implication that the men who posted on the thread were Neanderthals (ie; Cavemen).

And you can't see how that is 'sexist'??

Oh so you did understand the implication then - so why pretend you didn't with the above comment?

What those comments suggested was that it can be traced back to primitive times that men look at breasts for partner selection not that the rpractices of the Stone Age times should be still around today.

Did someone say we should be allowed to bop you over the head and drag you back to our caves? No.

I think you are nit-picking at this stage, I never made such 'oulandish comments' so I ain't gonna bother addressing some of your posts. You've already taken my posts up wrongly in the thread before.

I think MEN are to blame for the way things are today. They have bent over backwards in society and I think we have lost part of what it means to be a man in the midst of trying correct past wrongs.

What does it mean to be a man?

I don't disagree that a lot of men try to do the right thing by women. But a lot of men (not all) also seem to try to do the right thing if there is something in it for them too.
    As you said here when talking about cases where men agree about m-f sexism;
    Yes as you will always get guys trying to impress women.

So what are we to think when you say things like that. You are only agreeing with us and accomodating us to impress us into the bed? And yet you wonder why some women are skeptical about being 'bended over backward' for?

WindSock wrote: »
    Do you think they may show up on mens radar more? Yeah I do. Everytime there is a case of it a guy posts on here to compain about it accompanied by a barrage of 'thanks' as if to say 'see? ALL you women are just hypocrites'

And the women don't 'Thank' each others posts, no?

Who said "ALL" women are "Hypocrites"??

This is SO typical.

A man calls a woman a "hypocrite" and he's calling ALL women hypocrites :rolleyes:

We know that. I know that.

Who suggested or implied ALL women were hypocrites or "RESPONSIBLE" for f-m sexism???

Read RSA absolutely taking the piss thread.

Ads on telly where a women treats a man like a child, again 'it is pandering to women as they love this shit' sort of comments often crop up. Not to mention 'if it were de udder way arowindd...'
    It was the other way around. For decades. Women complained about the ads so they stopped. Now it is happening to men. The men complain about the ads and WOMEN. So yeah, I do feel as if I am made feel responsible for f-m sexism in ads. The irony is bitter.

If I was to post on TLL do you think I would get any 'Thanks' for saying men have it hard???

Would I fcuk.

Yes. Depends on how you say it though. If you say it like you have an obvious vendetta against women then probably not.

Think it's more along the lines that some women have a problem with guys they don't like looking at them. They will cringe if some unattrative guy eyes them up but some hot guy and all is good.

Have you ever flirted with someone? Flirting is generally a 2 way thing. When it is just one person doing it to someone who isn't reciprocating then it is creepy that they don't get the message.
    'Older men .. some maybe stuck in Timewarp ,, Confused by what is socially accepable and what isn't' ..

And some poor women have to 'put up with them' - is that it?

What? Is what it? What is 'it'?

Yes, if you don't want to be looked at ..

Men are attracted to the female form and so like to look.

You are NEVER going to live in a world where men don't look at women. Never.

Have YOU READ ANY of my posts in this thread? Feel like I have said this a lot now.

Glancing-Ok
    Looking - Ok
    Staring -Not Ok
    Leering - Not Ok

You have to be kidding and you wonder why I said there were some outlandish comments made.

Yeah about cavemen bopping women over the head and such. Oh wait, I never said that.

You didn't answer my question about burkhas though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Are Windsock and OutLawPete having a long post competition ???

segaBOY wrote: »
    I think all the men here should just calm down and visit TLL to see what it's actually like to be a woman.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055761551
    How about all the women here calm down and go vist TGC and see what it's actually like to be a man.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1136

??? Technology has progressed to the point where I can experience being a woman by going onto a webpage :eek::eek::eek:!!!!!! WOW!!!! The modern world is awesome. Now if you'll excuse me I will spend the next few hours on there in self-exploration of my new body.....

I never made such 'oulandish comments' so I ain't gonna bother addressing some of your posts. You've already taken my posts up wrongly in the thread before...

People can read Windsock.

I have quoted all the comments that I have attributed to you and I suggest you withdraw that remark.
    I think you are nit-picking at this stage ...

You are unbelievable. I am nit-picking???

YOU are the one 'nit-picking' on this thread and then implying that the men posting need to learn a whole bunch of rules and manners cause we are "socialy retarded" .. right?

Or am I taking one of your posts up wrongly again?? Let's let others decide shall we ..
    My god there really are a lot of socially retarded people in this thread....

Lovely .. and you suggest women get negative comments on AH. I don't know what charm school you went to, but I'd get a refund if I was you.
    a lot of men (not all) also seem to try to do the right thing if there is something in it for them too. ...

SOME men do a lot of things I don't approve of. SOME women also I would say.

What is your point? Do you even have one?
    about cavemen bopping women over the head and such. Oh wait, I never said that....

No, but you implied it. "I man, YOU Woman" is a 'Neanderthal' reference.
    You are only agreeing with us and accomodating us to impress us into the bed? And yet you wonder why some women are skeptical about being 'bended over backward' for?...

And you accuse me of taking posts up wrong.

I was taking about SOCIETY.

SOCIETY is not 'bending over backwards' to get you into bed :rolleyes:

You seem to think that anytime a man is nice to a woman he must have an ulterior motive.
    Read RSA absolutely taking the piss thread.?...

No, this comment is in response to me asking you why you made very specific commnets about men on THIS thread.

I will quote it again, as I don't want to be accused of "taking you up wrong" ..
    From this thread, most of the comments suggest;

-You woman, I man. Deal with it
    -You (all women) LOVE it
    -Don't wear revealing clothes or anything you feel nice in (basically wear a burkha)
    -There are no such things as perverts
    -It's not making you uncomfortable if I say it isn't.?...

Of course when I call you on these comments and ask you to justify them, you attack me and suggest I am taking you up wrong etc etc.

Of course I have a "an obvious vendetta againist women" don't I?

With regards to me asking how I would be treated in the TLL if I made a comment suggesting Irish Men didn't have it so easy ..
    If you say it like you have an obvious vendetta against women then probably not..?...

You know, just because a man calls you on your 'bulls*it comments', DOES NOT mean they have a problem with ALL WOMEN, it means they have a problem with YOUR comments.

Stop trying to turn my (or anyone else's) problems with *some* women into them somehow hating or having a "vendetta" against ALL women.

Not that you would be the first woman on this thread to do that mind you. Seems to be a bit of a running theme. I was even followed over to another thread where it was suggested again - off-topic.
    Have YOU READ ANY of my posts in this thread? ..?...

Yes, that's how I am able to quote you Windsock.

Instead of accusing me of taking you up wrong (even when you are quoted) - how about you actually respond to questions that are put to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Are Windsock and OutLawPete having a long post competition ???

??? Technology has progressed to the point where I can experience being a woman by going onto a webpage :eek::eek::eek:!!!!!! WOW!!!! The modern world is awesome. Now if you'll excuse me I will spend the next few yours on there in self-exploration of my new body.....

I Lol'd, but was yours an accidental mixture of years and hours :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

You seem to think that anytime a man is nice to a woman he must have an ulterior motive.

And we don't??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Of course when I call you on these comments and ask you to justify them, you attack me and suggest I am taking you up wrong etc etc.

Attack? woah. Did or did you not take me up wrong on the male chauvanistic pig/darling bit?
    Of course I have a "an obvious vendetta againist women" don't I?

Do you? I never said YOU personally.
    Not that you would be the first woman on this thread to do that mind you. Seems to be a bit of a running theme. I was even followed over to another thread where it was suggested again - off-topic.

Like with those examples of sexism you posted.....?

Yes, that's how I am able to quote you Windsock.

Hey you can multi-quote...doesn't mean you can comprehend what you read.

In fact...

I think I will bow out now. It's clear to me that you can't comprehend what you read.

No point in arguing with someone who can't read, misquotes, jumps to conclusions, makes assumptions, uses :rolleyes:, gets defensive, doesn't understand key words in a debate, makes a lot of accusations and most of all says;
    What is your point? Do you even have one?

When I am addressing their point.

Sorry Outlawpete but I am declining to debate with you any further. It's not because I don't have any answers to your questions, but for I feel like I am wasting my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

not reading the whole thread awful lot of arguing going on. In short we look at boobs cos we want to and they're nice to look at

Do you? .

If I did, would I be complaining that you implied it?
    I never said YOU personally. .

I asked you about ME. You replied using the word YOU :rolleyes:
    Like with those examples of sexism you posted.....?.

Just becuase YOU say they are not sexist does not MAKE them not sexist.
    Hey you can multi-quote...doesn't mean you can comprehend what you read......?.

No comprehension needed. Your comments were very clear.
    From this thread, most of the comments suggest;

-You woman, I man. Deal with it
    -You (all women) LOVE it
    -Don't wear revealing clothes or anything you feel nice in (basically wear a burkha)
    -There are no such things as perverts
    -It's not making you uncomfortable if I say it isn't.?...
    My god there really are a lot of socially retarded people in this thread....

These comments were very very clear and because you CANNOT defend them now when called on them it's my fault because apparently I can't comprehend them :rolleyes:
    In fact...

I think I will bow out now. It's clear to me that you can't comprehend what you read...

LOL.

No, I have no problem comprehending you, none whatsoever.

Your comments speak for themeselves and trying to suggest that me asking you to justify them is someone me having a having a "comprehension problem" or that I "can't read" is quite sad.
    .. gets defensive...

I try and defend men when I see women making nonsensical accusations.

When I made a comment while joking with Segaboy you jumped in with ..
    By women are you referring to me? ...

Who was get defensive there?
    misquotes, jumps to conclusions, makes assumptions ...

I am NOT misquoting you .. this is laughable.
    Sorry Outlawpete but I am declining to debate with you any further..

Good, I'm glad not one bit surprised however.

As when you are presented with YOUR quotes and asked to explain them or justify them, you can't. You are NOT choosing not to debate with me. You just simply cannot.

At least that is, not without firing off accusations about people mis-quoting you or not comprehending you that I'm, making assumptions etc etc etc.
    It's not because I don't have any answers to your questions, .

That's EXACTLY what it is.

Evading questions put to you about the comments that YOU have made.

Maybe you are used to making similar comments like that in TLL but if you make them elsewhere you are going get called on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement