Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

What a stupid question. Boobs, we look, end of. It's nature. Its like if its itchy we scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Tell him to "take a picture, it will last longer"..that will embarass him and get your point across

He probably already has! Don't think this sounds like a man who is easily embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

JG009 wrote: »
    What a stupid question. Boobs, we look, end of. It's nature. Its like if its itchy we scratch.

Yea, scratch that's what we do. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Human female boobs evolved to what they are today partly to catch male attention.

Big breasts evolved because they had a high enough content in fat that the milk was of higher quality. This only got more emphasised when the first societies relied on men doing the hunting and women staying back and breastfeeding the young.

Lets not take the piss out of evolution, so cope with us staring at your specifically evolved male attractors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

thermo66 wrote: »
    LMAO!! And this is the post of the day!! Nuff said!

Not by a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

More feminist chicks getting their size 16 knickers in a twist. Stop playing the "women are superior" card. You've tits, we like tits. If you weren't worth looking at, we wouldn't, so its a bloody compliment.

If you don't like it, cover up and let some other lucky chick enjoy the attention. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

thermo66 wrote: »
    LMAO!! And this is the post of the day!! Nuff said!
    TheZohan wrote: »
    Not by a long shot.

Quite right Mr Zohan, quite right as I (The Outlaw Pete) have already been awarded that proud honour this very day by our esteemed resident speaker Mr Biggins.

Ahem ..
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Look at the Greens.

Before they got in they were full of bulls*it about what they were going to demand from Fianna Fail and then they did squat.

They did so much back peddling since that, that they should be in Duffy's Circus.
    Biggins wrote: »
    Post of the day for me! :D
    LOL Funny :pac: - but true!

/Bows :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    What a statement! Incorrect and patronising at the same time, and also ignoring the fact that women - in their search for "equality" (read "superiority as revenge for past wrongs") - don't seem to even want chivalry anymore!

I'd be "chivalrous" and helpful, so it's definitely not dead.

But likewise, I wouldn't offer to be "chivalrous" as often, because I'd likely get a patronising rant like the above from some raving feminist who viewed my offering help or holding a door open as an insult.

Bottom line is that women want it both ways......this being AH, that'll probably get a few smart replies, but the way that I mean it it's 100% true.....have your cake, eat it, and still fit into a size 8/10 dress! Want compliments and to be "noticed" (taking hours to achieve it) and yet object when they are :rolleyes:

Wow, so being told over 200 posts that women should just accept that men will stare at their breasts - oh, excuse me, tits - even though it makes them uncomfortable is not incorrect and/or patronizing? Take a look at the posts I was responding to - they were unbelievably crude and sexist. Either I could say what I really wanted and get thrown off of the boards, or I could at least try to leaven things with a bit of humor, and I chose the latter - including poking fun at myself. If it came across as condescending, well guess what - telling women they should appreciate it when men stare at them because they won't enjoy the attention for long or because "it's natural" is also incredibly condescending.

I don't just think chivalry is dead, I think most forms of civility are dead. Holding the door is not an insult. Holding a door and leering at a woman as she went by is - and according to the majority of the male posters on this thread, staring at a woman's chest is completely natural and appropriate.

I said in an earlier post that there are times when women may want to be complimented on their appearance. At a party, or at a bar, for example. And hopefully this "compliment" will go beyond "nice tits". But the OP was asking about a work-related situation, which is more touchy (no pun intended). And the comments I was responding to equated "compliment" with "staring". I strongly disagree.

Finally, to bring it back to the OP, is there any man on this thread willing to unequivocally state that staring at a co-workers breasts - not stealing a look , but repeatedly staring to the point where she is uncomfortable - is completely inappropriate?

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Miami Weiss

JG009 wrote: »

This, why do women care so much for shoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

This, why do women care so much for shoes?

I think they use them as as excuse to stare at their boobs on the way down. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

More feminist chicks getting their size 16 knickers in a twist. Stop playing the "women are superior" card. You've tits, we like tits. If you weren't worth looking at, we wouldn't, so its a bloody compliment.

If you don't like it, cover up and let some other lucky chick enjoy the attention. Problem solved.

Read the original post. She deliberately changed her wardrobe so as not to attract undue attention. And yet he still stared at her.

Read some of the other women's posts. One woman stopped exercising in public because she was sick of being ogled. That is a damn shame.

IT IS NOT A COMPLIMENT IF IT MAKES PEOPLE UNCOMFORTABLE.

And again, I'm condescending, yet the default insult in AH when a woman says something a man disagrees with is for him to accuse her of being a) fat, b) ugly, and/or c) some spoiled princess/daddy's girl/conceited bitch?!?!?! And someone is a "lucky chick" if they get stared at all day?

GTFOH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Read the original post. She deliberately changed her wardrobe so as not to attract undue attention. And yet he still stared at her.

Read some of the other women's posts. One woman stopped exercising in public because she was sick of being ogled. That is a damn shame.

IT IS NOT A COMPLIMENT IF IT MAKES PEOPLE UNCOMFORTABLE.

And again, I'm condescending, yet the default insult in AH when a woman says something a man disagrees with is for him to accuse her of being a) fat, b) ugly, and/or c) some spoiled princess/daddy's girl/conceited bitch?!?!?! And someone is a "lucky chick" if they get stared at all day?

GTFOH.

OMG!!! NP!! TTYL!!

Actually..... No :) I shan't GTFO yet!

One woman stopped exercising?? Boohoo... its a two way system. I know guys (including myself, *toot toot* is the sound of me blowing my own horn, ooo eerrr!) who get stared at by girls in the gym.

Guess what?

I enjoy it and keep going!

I don't stop exercising and let my arse size increase at the same rate my self-delusion and arrogance does. ;)

so being told over 200 posts that women should just accept that men will stare at their breasts - oh, excuse me, tits - even though it makes them uncomfortable is not incorrect and/or patronizing?

Correct.

To quote a genius "Sometimes you gotta learn to live with what you can't rise above".
    Take a look at the posts I was responding to - they were unbelievably crude and sexist.

And your comments about men are not?
    Women don't like perverts, therefore they like to not be ogled in public ..

Men are not perverted cause we look at female bodies. Oh sure, society is damn sure heading that way and soon you may even get your way and it will be a crime to look at a woman.

To imply that a man who sees a women and mentally undress her is a pervert is sexist and calling men 'sweetie' is "patronizing" .. you know THAT word right?
    Either I could say what I really wanted and get thrown off of the boards,

Well, you've already said that I am doomed to having daughters get ogled on their way to school for some reason so why stop now. Not that I am in least bit offended by your remarks as they just reinforce what I think about women that have attitudes similar to yours regarding men in society.
    telling women they should appreciate it when men stare at them because they won't enjoy the attention for long or because "it's natural" is also incredibly condescending.

If that's the way you want to see it, then fine - but it just so happens to be the truth. How many times to we hear women saying that when they hit 50 they become invisible?

Well, guess what. That's how men are there whole lives. Sexual attention is very hard to come by when your a guy. Even if you look like Brad Pitt, without his fame and money - sexual attention would be hard fought for as it is for most guys.

Some women, like yourself, think it's your God given right to get men's attention. You want to be able to turn it on and off like a switch - well you can't. You SHOULD be greatful. Life is hard and you act like seual attention is the bain of your life. If that is the case then you need some real probems in your life to wake you up to the real world.
    I don't just think chivalry is dead, I think most forms of civility are dead.

You said ..
    Chivalry is dead, sweetie.

Make up your mind.
    Holding the door is not an insult. Holding a door and leering at a woman as she went by is - and according to the majority of the male posters on this thread, staring at a woman's chest is completely natural and appropriate.

You don't know your born. How I wish a women would hold the door open for me and she can leer all she wants, which by the way, I don't believe happens.

I have been living in Dublin as an adult for 20 years and if Men were holding doors open and leering at women in anywhere near the numbers that you suggest it does, then I would have noticed it by now.
    I said in an earlier post that there are times when women may want to be complimented on their appearance. At a party, or at a bar, for example. And hopefully this "compliment" will go beyond "nice tits".

Your unbeliveable.

I wish I could say that women like you are rare but I know from experience that this is not the case and you give women such a bad reputation. I have read nice girls on Boards fighting with me, saying women like you don't exsist.

Well to all those women I just want to say "Here is one right here!!"
    is there any man on this thread willing to unequivocally state that staring at a co-workers breasts - not stealing a look , but repeatedly staring to the point where she is uncomfortable - is completely inappropriate?
    Anyone?

I will and think others already have but you chose to ignore them, surprise surprise. Nobody is saying that constantly staring is appropriate.

One woman stopped exercising in public because she was sick of being ogled. That is a damn shame.

If Madonna can jog in Central Park with 10 bodygaurds and 100 paparazzi then Sandra can manage a jog down to Xtravison ffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Finally, to bring it back to the OP, is there any man on this thread willing to unequivocally state that staring at a co-workers breasts - not stealing a look , but repeatedly staring to the point where she is uncomfortable - is completely inappropriate?

Anyone?

You'd be quicker waiting for hell to freeze over.

You'd be quicker waiting for hell to freeze over.

Hell froze over 6 minutes ago ;)

Hell froze over 6 minutes ago ;)

Cripes - those climate change freaks were right!

Cripes - those climate change freaks were right!

:D

When the Eagles broke up in the 80's they swore they would get back together only when Hell froze over.

They did eventually get back together 14 years later though. Here was that album.

Pic ..

This Eagles trivia IS on-topic as it's an Eagles Tit-Bit :D

:D

When the Eagles broke up in the 80's they swore they would get back together only when Hell froze over.

They did eventually get back together 14 years later though. Here was that album.

Pic ..

1994 was more than 6 minutes ago.. unless you're posting from the past?

1994 was more than 6 minutes ago.. unless you're posting from the past?

The 6 minutes was refering to this post which was posted 6 minutes bfore yours .. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63314514&postcount=254

• Advertisement

The 6 minutes was refering to this post which was posted 6 minutes bfore yours .. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63314514&postcount=254

Blah.. that post claimed that "nobody said that constant staring is appropriate".. when the hell "appropriate" come into the equation of a bloke checking out a woman's rack? Appropriate? PC world gone mad.

Tits are MADE to be stared at, unless they ain't made properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭profun

Boobs me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wow, so being told over 200 posts that women should just accept that men will stare at their breasts - oh, excuse me, tits - even though it makes them uncomfortable is not incorrect and/or patronizing? Take a look at the posts I was responding to - they were unbelievably crude and sexist. Either I could say what I really wanted and get thrown off of the boards, or I could at least try to leaven things with a bit of humor, and I chose the latter - including poking fun at myself. If it came across as condescending, well guess what - telling women they should appreciate it when men stare at them because they won't enjoy the attention for long or because "it's natural" is also incredibly condescending.

I don't just think chivalry is dead, I think most forms of civility are dead. Holding the door is not an insult. Holding a door and leering at a woman as she went by is - and according to the majority of the male posters on this thread, staring at a woman's chest is completely natural and appropriate.

I said in an earlier post that there are times when women may want to be complimented on their appearance. At a party, or at a bar, for example. And hopefully this "compliment" will go beyond "nice tits". But the OP was asking about a work-related situation, which is more touchy (no pun intended). And the comments I was responding to equated "compliment" with "staring". I strongly disagree.

Anyone?

More boobs; less dissertations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

Anyone?

I think it's inappropriate, anything that makes another person feel uncomfortable is to be avoided I think. Caveat: I'm gay... so not too sure if my opinion terribly appropriate to the debate. Never saw the attraction in boobs, weird looking lumps of fat that occasionally ooze white stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They don't care.

GTFOH.

Your not playing along and being the type of "game gal" the ah posters prefer so you go from being perved on / flirted with to being defective.

Ah is not s serious forum expect when it suits the poster to want to discuss things here rather then going to another forum, those types of comments would not be allowed in the ladies lounge, personal issues or the work & jobs forum there the topics would be treated a lot differently.

But read the first post they knew well it was AH and the tone of the post about sure he's a nice lad we get on well all convey that she's not a frigid wagon ( who uses the quare notion of professional conduct in the work place to make life miserable for men cos she's too ugly to get any ) but she finds him looking at her boobs to be irritating.

Que all the posts about how most guys like boobs, hurrah fun bags,
    despite trying to reach out to the posters this thread has just turned into
    utter titalation while all the posters go back to being 14 and either
    go on about sure thats what they are there for and or try and tell the poster
    she should consider it a compliment despite the fact it is unprofessional,
    can be considered sexual harrashment in the work place and she has already gone to efforts to change her manner of dress in the work place.

Sure their bweebs reflect the mentality that it's a mans world and why should they make an effort to stop looking and restrain themself and deny themsleves that bit of perky pleasure in the office despite the fact it is
    having a negative impact on thier co worker.

Is it a man's world? Damn right it is if you can get to stare at enough boobage and get paid for it.

This is the expected carry on in AH, all you can do is ignore the forum or report posts ( which had mods and cat mod go /shrug it's AH ), or try and posted in a limited fashion and ignore the reek such sexism cos apprently it's fun.

Yeah I am going back to the more serious forums now, like I was told last week cos apprently I am a buzzwrecker :rolleyes:.

TL:DR
    In conclusion yes bewbs are awesome but lads should cop on in work and not stare at them and make co workers feel uncomfy.

Personally if I could get away with it I would be cheerfully saying out loud each time "Stop looking at my tits, they are not share wear" he'd get sick of hear it 4/5 times a day and learn not to get caught looking.

Re: women and shoes,

You can gain a stone in weight and not be able to wear most of your clothes as a woman
    but you can still wear the same shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

We are human being in civilised society and part of it is respect to other people independently from their sexes.
    I am quite sexist myself, but respecting other people is a value and standard I was brought up. Of course, I do notice boobs and I like to notice them, but I would not stare at them to disrespect the carrier of those.
    If I were you I would talk to him in very straight way that his obvious and noticable attention to your boobs does make you feel uncomfortable and maybe shows his disrecpect of you.
    And once you've talked to him, get some push-up bra and low cut top for rest of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

A colleague of mine stares at my crotch a lot. I've gotten used to it. Kind of flattering in a way. He doesn't half make it obvious though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Re: women and shoes,

You can gain a stone in weight and not be able to wear most of your clothes as a woman
    but you can still wear the same shoes.

yes, though sadly they will look like this

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_ZFqm-Pqgs6I/SAP_J1mSz4I/AAAAAAAAJjA/czrFVP6-vk4/IMG_5745.JPG

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »

Nope it would take a lot more weight gain then just a stone to have stay puff marshmellow feet.

Advertisement