Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    However, he stares at my chest alot...Its not all the time but its quite frequently. It goes to the point where I know hes doing it and I look up and catch him and he knows I catch him and he quickly removes his eyes and looks away and theres like a milli-moment of silence before we start talking again. But its really embarrassing for both me and him.

Ive noted not to wearing clingy tops and low cut stuff and he still does it.

i never got why girls get freaked when you look at their chest when they are wearing a tight top etc......

ffs why the fu$k are you wearing it if you dont want people to take notice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

If I may go slightly off topic. Ladies could any of you tell me why for instance a group of lets say builders sees a good looking girl/woman and wolf whistle at her and she gives them the "V" sign or tell them to drop dead or something. Its a COMPLIMENT why cant they take it like that. Would they rather they said "look at that old hag":confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Mousey- wrote: »
    i never got why girls get freaked when you look at their chest when they are wearing a tight top etc......

Theres two levels of freaking out involved here;

a) I'm freaking out because I have to be seen to put up a protest, but I'd have you in a flash.

b) Because you're repulsive.

but;

c) You're generalising.

Actually it's kind of funny, I unintentionally notice crotches. Maybe intentionally.. sometimes..

Who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

Damn I love boobs, cant help it, always have always will, and until recently I thought I was kinda coy about having a sneaky look and downloading it to memory for those cold nights at sea (ie the shower coz my water heater is fckued), but have gotten sloppy lately and was caught having a cheeky gander at someone and now my whole opinion of myself being coy and professional is blown out of the water. Much as it pains me to say it, for the greater good I might have to hang up my trenchcoat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

jimmyw wrote: »
    If I may go slightly off topic. Ladies could any of you tell me why for instance a group of lets say builders sees a good looking girl/woman and wolf whistle at her and she gives them the "V" sign or tell them to drop dead or something. Its a COMPLIMENT why cant they take it like that. Would they rather they said "look at that old hag":confused::confused:

I'd rather they kept thier cat calls to themselves, it's not proper conduct in the work place and builders can and have been sanction over it.

Most people don't want the embarrassment or the hassle, or to be intruded on.

• Advertisement

Lads really you need to learn the difference between
    glancing
    looking
    oggling
    leering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Thaedydal wrote: »
    glancing
    looking
    oggling
    leering.

There's very little difference, apart from the perception of the person being glanced / looked / ogled or leered at. What you'd be better off learning is how to do them all without getting caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

....how to do them all without getting caught.

:D

Allegedly Tiger tried that and it didn't work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dont see many wummin posting in this thread.

I think we can stop defending ourselves! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Ah jaysus and fookin mary chain...I wanna die on a bed of spikes from some of the stuff I have read here...yeah, some (!) lads are leary feckers, and I sympathise with the op if the said colleague is exceeedingly enthusiastic... but I actually don't mind the odd look or wolf whistle, and I don't always hide the puppies away, so if I get a bit of appreciation I appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fordzodiac

say nothing . enjoy the fact your admired. i guess you have a lovely chest.
    he obviously a breast man, i prefer a good leg, but breasts are nice too

stephen

Anyone got a light? think I may have to burn my bra...

shuvly wrote: »
    Ah jaysus and fookin mary chain...I wanna die on a bed of spikes from some of the stuff I have read here...yeah, some (!) lads are leary feckers, and I sympathise with the op if the said colleague is exceeedingly enthusiastic... but I actually don't mind the odd look or wolf whistle, and I don't always hide the puppies away, so if I get a bit of appreciation I appreciate it!

Fair play - I'm sure the appreciation is mutual!

fordzodiac wrote: »
    i prefer a good leg,

Careful - that kind of fetish didn't do Paul Mc Cartney much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

glancing <20sec
    looking aprox 35~40sec
    oggling roughly however long it takes to make a brekkie roll and cup of tea
    leering a full episode of corrie...

I got it right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

glancing
    looking
    oggling
    leering.
    Subtlety is the word I prefer

Fair play - I'm sure the appreciation is mutual!

Well I do try, but as I work in a female dominated environment my chances of getting any male appreciation are limited to a chaplain and my beloved handyman!..

my beloved handyman!..

Is that like a rampant rabbit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Sorry for the late reply :)
    Read the original post. She deliberately changed her wardrobe so as not to attract undue attention. And yet he still stared at her.
    They don't care.
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Your confusing AH with the Cuckoo's Nest.
    Nope

Saying "Nope" is not a sufficient response. I will repeat my point as you obviously missed it.

There are SOME posters on this thread who are just messing and having the craic. They mean no harm and their posts are easily bypassed. You are a Mod and so I am sure you are well practiced in separating the wheat from chaff.

Now, you say "They don't care" refering to AH posters and I think you are wrong.

Believe it or not, there are some serious discussions on AH each and every day and intelligent ones at that. You make the place sound the it's in a complete state of anarchy.

So, apart from the 'craic' posts - what makes you think that people taking part in this thread, that take the time to submit well thought out replies (whether you are agree with them or not) just "Don't care" what the OP said??
    Your not playing along and being the type of "game gal" the ah posters prefer ..
    Yeah, be a good 'gal' OP and go get me a beer :rolleyes:
    If ever you are in the bar thread in BGRH I will be glad to.

I wasn't refering to you. You said the OP wasn't "playing along" and being a "game gal" .. so with tongue in cheek I said "Be a 'Good Gal' OP and get me a beer. Guess the sarcasm was lost on you.
    Your post says nothing about the sexist disgracful comments that have been left by the girls here, why?
    , if you find those posts so objectionable did you report them?

I DIDN'T report them as I didn't find them "objectionable" as you know well.

I was asking you why you had IGNORED sexist comments from women and yet reprimanded the men.
    Cos I haven't' gotten around to them

Well that is strange as the guy's post you quoted, and then made your "sexist" comment which was directed at him, was AFTER the women had made their ludacris sexist comments.
    Is it a man's world? Damn right it is if you can get to stare at enough boobage and get paid for it.
    So men think it's a 'Man's World' do we? That's our mentality?
    Darling you don't know what I think on a range of things so please don't presume.

First of all, I do know what you think as that is what you posted.

Secondly, please don't call me "Darling". It's patronizing and had I of done the same to you or another female poster I would be berated for it and most likely called a male chauvinist pig.
    Cool whats your job, cos I would not mind being a boob inspector myself.

I was being sarcastic due to the above quoted comment.
    what pisses me off is that a lot of the posts in this thread are permissive of the troubling behaviour and dismissive of how it impacts on people in the work place.

Ignore them. Simple as that. Just engage in conversation with posters that you feel are are genuine. Problem solved.

I doubt the OP would take advice like "Flash em your tits" etc etc as serious comments on how to solve her problem.
    People are expected to be professional in work and not sexualise the workplace be it a guy who needs to cop on and not stare at boobs or a woman who passes needless and out of order remarks about guys bums.

Who's not saying saying that? There quite a few responses from guys saying that staring was out of order. Then the thread shifted, as some women started implying that men had said that they should put up with nasty comments.

Then some women posted that 'Ugly Men' looking at women's boobs were "perverts" etc etc.

You can't have missed all those?

I have read your last four posts on this thread and you still have not addressed those women who made those sexist comments yet by now you must have read them. What's good for the Goose and all that.
    Threads like these stop people from coming forward when this happens to them as it's seen as a non issue when it it.

In fairness you are wrapping some women up in cotten wool. The comments on this thread that you found reprehensible were NOT directed at the OP and yet you continue to suggest that that was the case.

Those comments were directed at *some* of the females that posted the most outlandish claims about men looking at women in the street.
    Did you report them?
    If the mods didn't act on the reported posts did you pm the catmod?

No I didn't report them, why would I? I'm a big boy and can take it and as I have said - I quite like AH for that reason in that not every little thing is reason enough for a ban. You get to know a hell of a lot more about people when they are not watching their P's and Q's.

The only reason I brought up the remarks is because you were cherry picking the men's posts as being out of order and going by YOUR standards I just wondered why you hadn't commented on the women's crazy posts.
    So you think those posts are out of line and not acceptable and sexist but you don't want to do anything about them,

I am doing something about them. I reply to them and point out what utter fools they are and tear their sexist idiotic comments apart and in doing so show them up to be the spoiled, stuck up, conceited, prima donnas, that they undoubtedly are.

Much more satisfying than hitting the 'report post' button everytime I'm called a 'pervert' or an 'idiot'.

If everyone got a ban on AH for comments that would get them a ban on PI then it would just be the same PC, cotton wool wrapping forum that all the others are or are turning into.

Don't you see the advantage of people discussing topics where they can be a little more honest with what they feel? (ignoring the 'for the craic' posts obviously :))
    cos they make you feel superior to those people? charming.

Why did you say that? I don't feel superior to anyone. I have some strong opinions and don't shy away from them but I don't insult or look down on anyone that ventures onto Boards. Never have and never will.

Is that like a rampant rabbit?
    Given half a chance I guess he wud be like a rampant rabbit, but as he is married with 4 kids i guess he is kept fairly rampant with them, ...meanwhile, back at the ranch, rampant rabbit will have to do the job...batteries are not just for christmas...

• Advertisement

Given half a chance I guess he wud be like a rampant rabbit, but as he is married with 4 kids i guess he is kept fairly rampant with them, ...meanwhile, back at the ranch, rampant rabbit will have to do the job...batteries are not just for christmas...

I obviously didn't mean he was was "rampant" with the kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Latchy wrote: »
    Subtlety is the word I prefer

But it is hard not look if its a pair of double DD's and a low cut top.

I mighn't even be attracted to the girl but the initial reaction is: Oh, look, boobies!

Doesn't mean I'm going to stare or leer!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

yeah, am a newbie, was a lurker, but can't figure out how to say thanks...

and before ya all say it..."get ur tits out for the lads!"...

I obviously didn't mean he was was "rampant" with the kids...

Leave that to the Chaplain. ;)

drunk much...god no, don't touch the stuff..just drink it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Do it from the heart man!

dearest brendan, was a woman...last time I looked..and as for the rabbit...

Anyone got a light? think I may have to burn my bra...

Are you mad woman, the cost of them nowadays and if your a c cup + you need the support.

I'd never burn my bras.

• Advertisement

Are you mad woman, the cost of them nowadays and if your a c cup + you need the support.

I'd never burn my bras.

Bras of steel have to be smelted. ;)

Advertisement