Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

So has the problem been solved? My guess, just from reading the first post, the two got together and broke up with their OH's? And this thread has no hilarious tags. People getting lazy round here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Just threw that in there with a hint(!) of sarcasm as a result of my post..was in anticipation of the potential replies that I may I have got from the odd.. few women out there that, really, if they are being honest, (and not being subjected to unwanted attention)..actually enjoy the attention, but feel because of all the PC stuff, that they should, in theory, object to it.

Just read that back, ...amazing what you can say (and feckin type) after a bottle of wine...but I stand (well, I actually am lying down..), by all I said!

Bras of steel have to be smelted. ;)
    Am a double DD, need more heat..

greg-h wrote: »
    SEX!

I like pie.

Good post:D
    I like custard...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

shuvly wrote: »
    Am a double DD, need more heat..

What you don't need is any more booze & maybe a good night's sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I personally feel whilke yes boobs are most awesome...

long well shaped legs on a lady you cant beet it.. boobs are great to stare ate but if there any way larger then ahand full and gravity takes over.

shuvly wrote: »
    Thank you zohan. As I said earler, and you can see from from my post count, am a boardsie virgin, dont know how to thank posts..

there's a little thumb to your right hand side beside quote click it :)

ive seen milinda messenger up close to :D

I cooked her a lobster to .

shes got great boobies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ive seen milinda messenger up close to :D

I cooked her a lobster to .

shes got great boobies..

The Lobster or Melinda (or both)?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tell him your face is up there. If he is not me he will be embarrassed and not say..'I've made my decision' whilst still looking.

• Advertisement

The Lobster or Melinda (or both)?

I was walking out of the kitchen to have a coffee one quite afternoon and who did i walk right into but milinda (shes got a very lovly smile)then a waitress walked up to me with a ticket saying i just waited on melinda messenger

then i got a lobster got my lobster knife pearced the its head with the blade and braught it down nice hard with a crunch and repeated on the rear covered in chalot and garlic butter and into a hot oven and went and had a cigerate and finished my coffee when i got back the lobster was ready i served it and the waitress collect i never saw her again but i made shure i sniffed the toilet seet she sat on :pac:

K-9 wrote: »
    Nurse?
    Emmm, yeah,am a childrens nurse, but if I said wot I do you would all take the piss, nurses are easy and all that ****..so I dont tend to publicise it, especially after all the john joe piss taking stuff on here..I care for terminally ill children every day...so hang me now, slag me off, but I will always have the joy of my job..no point in saying any more about it as is wrong forum now, suffice to say, goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Tell him to "take a picture, it will last longer"..that will embarass him and get your point across

he prob will take a pic....

i would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

OutlawPete wrote: »

I was asking you why you had IGNORED sexist comments from women and yet reprimanded the men.

I'm speaking for myself here only, but there are plenty plenty plenty of guys on here to defend each other.
    For me I will spend more time fighting on the womens side when it comes to sexism. I will step in and fight for men if it is blatant and there is no one else to defend it. I'd rather not waste my time nit picking at posts though.
    Can you show me where the womens comments are sexist to the point where you feel quite uneasy?

Secondly, please don't call me "Darling". It's patronizing and had I of done the same to you or another female poster I would be berated for it and most likely called a male chauvinist pig.

I've never heard a chick on here say that to a dude. Ever. I have heard dudes call chicks feminazi dykey milli-tants a few times though.

Then some women posted that 'Ugly Men' looking at women's boobs were "perverts" etc etc.

I missed that bit but I did read a poster saying it is a bit off when a 60 year old guy leers at a 20 year olds breasts.

Those comments were directed at *some* of the females that posted the most outlandish claims about men looking at women in the street.

What is outlandish about the comments? You have not been in their situation, how can you call their comments outlandish?

The only reason I brought up the remarks is because you were cherry picking the men's posts as being out of order and going by YOUR standards I just wondered why you hadn't commented on the women's crazy posts.

There are plenty of men on here to defend themselves. Similarly those men crying 'sexism sexism' are the very ones who don't jump in when it is a sexist post toward women. So yeah, it is good enough for the gander I suppose.

I am doing something about them. I reply to them and point out what utter fools they are and tear their sexist idiotic comments apart and in doing so show them up to be the spoiled, stuck up, conceited, prima donnas, that they undoubtedly are.

What? Who? Why? How can you refute sexist comments by using these sorts of words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Is this thread really still going???

Jesus, men look at bewbs, get over it or say something to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

WindSock wrote: »
    there are plenty plenty plenty of guys on here to defend each other.

Yes there are, that is ture and I wish there were more women posting in AH, I think most AH posters do.

I think it would make ALL discussions much more interesting if the girls from TLL posted here more often.
    When a request was put in the Forums forum for tLL there was a lot of No no No no NO NO NO from guys.

Well, I wasn't posting on AH back so don't know about that but I would imagine it was for the reason I posted above and AH'ers felt all the girls would go off there and post rather than post here.

Was there more female posters on AH before the TLL was formed?
    Can you show me where the womens comments are sexist to the point where you feel quite uneasy?

Sure, I can show you but again, I DIDN'T feel "uneasy".

The ONLY reason I bothered mentioning them was to point out the hypocrisy and double standards of some female posters.

Here are those comments:
    Women don't like perverts, therefore they like to not be ogled in public.
    I am sorry to inform you that your comments doom you to having seven daughters, all of whom will be leered at every day on their way to school by creepy 40 year old men who are "just doing what comes naturally".
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Is it a man's world? Damn right it is if you can get to stare at enough boobage and get paid for it.
    Imagine the same scenario with wrinkly ugly pervy 50+ year old women staring at you.
    some men are ridiculous and can't control themselves.
    a woman, who is the weaker person and who can feel scared and threatened by pervy old men
    sleazing at her.
    try imagining the scenario with 60 year old lechy women leering at you
    it is particularly grotesque when a 50 or 60 year old man openly leers at a 20-something girl.

This last one makes me laugh.

How many many women cheered and whooped each week watching Sex and The City as Kim Cattrall oggled, leered and ultimately devoured boys half her age?? Was that "grotesque" ??
    Secondly, please don't call me "Darling". It's patronizing and had I of done the same to you or another female poster I would be berated for it and most likely called a male chauvinist pig.
    I've never heard a chick on here say that to a dude. Ever.

Really??
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Darling you don't know what I think on a range of things so please don't presume.

Called "Sweetie" too would you believe. Did you miss that too?
    Chivalry is dead, sweetie.
    What is outlandish about the comments? You have not been in their situation, how can you call their comments outlandish?

Here is one of those comments to which I was refering:
    The justification that "men just can't control themselves - it's instinct" is the same justification used in some cultures to put women in burkas.

I don't need to walk in anyone's shoes to declare comments like that as 'outlandish'.
    I am doing something about them. I reply to them and point out what utter fools they are and tear their sexist idiotic comments apart and in doing so show them up to be the spoiled, stuck up, conceited, prima donnas, that they undoubtedly are.

What? Who? Why? How can you refute sexist comments by using these sorts of words?

Easy.

I was mainly refering to women who display their breasts and then complain when they are looked at.

However, the remarks made by Southsiderosie and Midlandmissus (quoted below) would have me believe that those above words are quite fitting:
    Women get stared at and hit on ALL THE TIME. It gets tiresome.
    I am a woman, you are ogling me, therefore you will get cussed out.
    I don't like any men staring at my chest, but men old enough to be your father/grandfather really annoy me,
    keep your eyes to yourself, buddy
    Chivalry is dead,
    some men are ridiculous and can't control themselves.
    Lucky for me, I am secure in my bitchiness, so I have no problems telling people to **** off.

Any woman who makes the above comments is, in my eyes at least, either a prima donna or just plain spoiled and needs to get over themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭gavney

Hey, I couldn't be arsed sifting through 26 pages of posts - can anyone tell me if she gave in and showed us her boobs?

If so, what page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

The ONLY reason I bothered mentioning them was to point out the hypocrisy and double standards of some female posters.

Here are those comments:

How many many women cheered and whooped each week watching Sex and The City as Kim Cattrall oggled, leered and ultimately devoured boys half her age?? Was that "grotesque" ??

Really??

I don't need to walk in anyone's shoes to declare comments like that as 'outlandish'.

Easy.

I was mainly refering to women who display their breasts and then complain when they are looked at.

However, the remarks made by Southsiderosie and Midlandmissus (quoted below) would have me believe that those above words are quite fitting:

Any woman who makes the above comments is, in my eyes at least, either a prima donna or just plain spoiled and needs to get over themselves.

Yes there are, that is ture and I wish there were more women. I think most AH posters do. I

t would make ALL discussions much more interesting if the girls from TLL posted here more often.

Well, I wasn't posting on AH back so don't know about that but I would imagine it was for the reason I posted above and AH'ers felt all the girls would go off there and post rather than post here.

That must have taken a while.
    You must feel strongly on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

gavney wrote: »
    Hey, I couldn't be arsed sifting through 26 pages of posts - can anyone tell me if she gave in and showed us her boobs?

If so, what page?

None of the op. couple of other links but nothing to break out the lube over..............that's an hour i'm never going to get back

OP - men look, secretly women are delighted,catch him staring tell him keep you eyes of my tits their mine i'm not sharing. get your own.

Can anyone help me as an ornathologist i am in search of the very rare big breasted bed thrasher anyone seen one?

wudangclan wrote: »
    That must have taken a while.
    You must feel strongly on this issue.

Yes I do.

Tired of society seeing men as somehow being of lesser value to women.

Comments that paint men to be sleazy perverts because they might happen to look or gaze at a woman's figure, just reinforces that attitude and it needs to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

oh, sorry, i thought i browsed to the AH forum, this thread reads more like PI, admins might wanna fix that.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Here are those comments:

Really??

Easy.

Yes there are, that is ture and I wish there were more women. I think most AH posters do. I

t would make ALL discussions much more interesting if the girls from TLL posted here more often.

jeez you must have a lot of time on your hands. No wonder the TLL girls don't post here with attitudes like yours. You say you love women but since iv been reading your posts its been nothing but putting us down any chance you get. You generalise a lot outlaw, A LOT!!

thermo66 wrote: »
    jeez you must have a lot of time on your hands.

What, most of those comments came from Southsiderosie which was easy to quote. Sorry if it takes you longer but it is quite easy to multiquote
    No wonder the TLL girls don't post here with attitudes like yours.

This is unbelievable!

I was asked "Which comments" and to explain some of mine, so I did and THAT makes me have an attitude problem?? Would have prefered for me to ignore them :rolleyes:
    You say you love women but since iv been reading your posts its been nothing but putting us down any chance you get. You generalise a lot outlaw, A LOT!!

Point out the comments where I genralised about women??

I DO NOT!! I have a problem with *some* women saying things about men that are not true and please don't as me for examples because if I reply then I might then be told that I apparently 'have too much time on my hands'.

You have done this on other threads too.

When I criticise a comment someone makes or a certain behaviour you then imply that I a MUST be a Woman Hater :rolleyes:

I didn't "put" anyone "down".

All I did was point out that some comments posted here by some of the females were hypocritical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

RELEASE THE WATERFORD TWO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

jeez you must have a lot of time on your hands. No wonder the TLL girls don't post here with attitudes like yours. You say you love women but since iv been reading your posts its been nothing but putting us down any chance you get.

Chicken and egg scenario there, methinks......like I said earlier, if the thread title and the content wasn't sexist, there'd be no reason to be annoyed.

I'd imagine somehow that if - even during a normal conversation - if someone called you "sweetie" that you'd lose respect for them and possibly lose the rag with them ?

And if they claimed (erroneously/talking-through-their-arse style) that "decent actions by women are dead" (or whatever the equivalent of "chivalry" would be) you'd get annoyed too ?
    You generalise a lot outlaw, A LOT!!

Kettle, pot in that regard, methinks, given some of the female posts here. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

K-9 wrote: »
    But it is hard not look if its a pair of double DD's and a low cut top.

I mighn't even be attracted to the girl but the initial reaction is: Oh, look, boobies!

Doesn't mean I'm going to stare or leer!
    Precisely why I am one of the posters who didn't take this thread to serious .

Yes some men look at some womens cleavages except some make it more far more obious than others .

Working in an office envoirment any guy leering ,ogling ,perving at the office girls boobs is not going to be popular .

Latchy wrote: »
    Working in an office envoirment any guy leering ,ogling ,perving at the office girls boobs is not going to be popular .

100% argree with this and a few guys (myself included) have posted that we think this also.

However, not once has a this been acknowledged, apart from once by the Dudess I think.

The thread went from guys looking at boobs to women then saying because we didn't find too much wrong with this, that we must then also be supporting the 'nasty comments' some guys make.

One poster said she couldn't go out jogging anymore and so implying that the male posters endorsed whatever these guys had done.

Then another female said she was felt up in a nightclub as if that was also something we didn't see a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

MIN2511 wrote: »
    wearing minimiser bras and they're hardly on show anymore so i don't get the stares :D

CAREFUL NOW

DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

100% argree with this and a few guys (myself included) have posted that we think this also.

However, not once has a this been acknowledged, apart from once by the Dudess I think.

The thread went from guys looking at boobs to women then saying because we didn't find too much wrong with this, that we must then also be supporting the 'nasty comments' some guys make.

One poster said she couldn't go out jogging anymore and so implying that the male posters endorsed whatever these guys had done.

Then another female said she was felt up in a nightclub as if that was also something we didn't see a problem with.
    I googled and came across this which has some intresting and funny comments on the subject

And this from you tube (all tongue in cheek by the way )

• Advertisement

Latchy wrote: »
    I googled and came across this which has some intresting and funny comments on the subject

And this from you tube (all tongue in cheek by the way )

Good find :)

I like these comments ..
    I went out to a local bar and decided to play it up a bit - dressed in a *very* low cut shirt.

Bar was crowded (good band!) and getting to the bathroom meant squeezing by people. I squeezed by one guy and I saw his eyes go down as he simulaneously nudged his friend and grinned. *lol*

Then he realized I saw his action and he gave me this sheepish "Oh ****" look. I just shrugged and laughed.

For the rest of the night, he grinned like a maniac every time I walked past and even tried to grab my hand at one point.

Is it really that rare that a woman is that laidback about it?

I mean, I chose to wear what I wore, knowing it meant guys would look/stare (kind of the point of a shirt like that, eh?) and as long as they aren't trying to grab ahold of my chest, they aren't hurting anything by looking!
    mmmm as a woman with a great rack (natural, too!) if i choose to wear a low cut shirt or anything sexy i love noticing guys noticing me. we know what you are going to see because we have checked ourselves out in the mirror before we left the house... we know we look good.

Just for balance :)
    Looking (reasonable stare)....nothing wrong with it... but the blank stare and drooling....obviously the guy didn't get enough nursing in as a baby.

Advertisement