Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Actually, a thought has just struck me - isn't the whole concept of TLL a bit sexist in itself ?

Is there TML in existence ? ;)

EDIT : just spotted this for the first time. :p

Yep, its called the gentlemen's club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

No no your being ignorant...thats ignorant...sha sha shamone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

Bottom line is that women want it both ways......this being AH, that'll probably get a few smart replies, but the way that I mean it it's 100% true.....have your cake, eat it, and still fit into a size 8/10 dress! Want compliments and to be "noticed" (taking hours to achieve it) and yet object when they are :rolleyes:

From my experience they rarely want this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

j1974 wrote: »
    nothing man, you should change that to "I laff at nothingman". "Acknowledging that ones own punchline is bordering on the outermost edge of humourous, is in my eyes somewhat conceited and thus defeats the purpose of said proverbial rib tickler!!! tut tut tut. go back to playing scrabble and dungeons and dragons. :) itsssss christmaaaaaasssssssss

:confused: Sorry J, you're clearly way too far advanced in your "humour" for me to keep up. I'll leave you to it. Merry xmas.

Back OT.

BOOBIES! (.)(.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

this thread needs some boobs to calm things down a bit.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/2/70%20Amazing%20Rack.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I was just guilty of this in the office now..couldnt be helped though I was standing above yer wan and she was showing cleavage so it was kind unavoidable, not remotely attracted to her or anything but it's just instinct I'm afraid. It's like if someone has a really bad cold sore or something, you'll keep glancing at it no matter how hard you try not to..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Why are we still talking about this, 300+ posts later ? The cold facts are men are programmed to look at women and their bits and vice versa. As I mentioned ages ago, and at the risk of repeating myself, next time OP sees the culprit checking her out, and if as she states they get on very well, says no matter how much he stares they wont get any bigger, the problem is solved. The lad will either never do it again, become more subtle when he does stare or it'll be the end of a beautiful friendship. Now move along, nothing more to see here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Riverpineapple

Well firstly men look because it's an instinctive response to look like it's instinctive to turn your head when you hear your name being called.

Women do it to men too, they have an instinctive response to glance at a man's crotch as well as other areas.

Also it's feels nice to look at a nice pair of boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

The OP said the man in question is married. Maybe it's a case of him not getting any action at home. So when he glances across and see's the OP's most wonderful boobs he starts daydreaming about his wife and so ends up staring, not realizing this until the OP catches him, at which point he looks away and gets embarrassed.....

I feel sorry for the poor chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

hobochris wrote: »
    this thread needs some boobs to calm things down a bit.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/2/70%20Amazing%20Rack.jpg

Boobs are a comfort blanket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I remember that there were a couple of studies done on where the different genders eyes lingered.

The results were surprising, to me at least. Where men do indeed look at breasts a lot, they spent more time looking at the rest of the body (favouring the face in particular)

Women looked at the face first but spent most time looking at the crotch area!!

I know that I am meant to post links to said studies but I am NOT looking that search up, on a work PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That study also stated women looked more but just didn't get caught as much,
    so young lads need to learn the skills of artfully consealing when they look.
    You'd think some older fella's would help them out there.

I remember that there were a couple of studies done on where the different genders eyes lingered.

The results were surprising, to me at least. Where men do indeed look at breasts a lot, they spent more time looking at the rest of the body (favouring the face in particular)

Women looked at the face first but spent most time looking at the crotch area!!

I know that I am meant to post links to said studies but I am NOT looking that search up, on a work PC

Let me do the honours.

http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/study-finds-men-not-so-naughty-women-not-so-noble/weird-science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Haha, there was a report done recently that found that men who were obsessed with tits had psychological problems ;)

I like tits, most men do, not obsessed though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Thaedydal wrote: »

In fairness it is easier for women.
    First off as the guys walks by his crotch is eye level. How many guys get caught looking at arses?

Secondto look at the crotch means that the person is generally further away so peripherals (SP) can be used.
    Also guys are oblivious to these things IMHO

It's remarkable how many women enjoy looking at the bulge in a man's pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Actually, a thought has just struck me - isn't the whole concept of TLL a bit sexist in itself ?

Is there TML in existence ? ;)

EDIT : just spotted this for the first time. :p

Off topic;

When a request was put in the Forums forum for tLL there was a lot of No no No no NO NO NO from guys.

However not one chick went against the proposal for tGC. There was so much support for it.

Don't know why that is. There is even a Mens Health forum and not a Womens health forum. Do you think if there was a Womens Health forum and not a Mens one, people on here would be a little pee'd off, request it, get support and have it approved within a matter of weeks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thaedydal wrote: »
    True. It also found that women weren't as aware as men that they were doing it. The majority denied it and apparently were telling the truth. When asked men had a better recall of where they looked. Women thought faces and eyes etc, but crotch was the clear winner, followed by shoulders and bum, face was quite low and they looked at the lips the most apparently. When either walked away, both looked at the bum. so we're on the same page there:D

In a way this backs up the OP's take. A woman staring or catching quick glances of a man's meat and two veg aren't usually aware they're doing it so it's not a deliberate thing, whereas a guy looking at bewbs is being deliberate or at least is aware of it, so should be able to control it more.

Thank god bodywise Im an arse and leg man(and waist/stomach too) that's all I can say:D Much less chance of being caught. I have to admit though I tend to look at a woman's bod first. The face comes later. Dunno why:confused:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Wibbs wrote: »
    True. It also found that women weren't as aware as men that they were doing it. The majority denied it and apparently were telling the truth. When asked men had a better recall of where they looked. Women thought faces and eyes etc, but crotch was the clear winner, followed by shoulders and bum, face was quite low and they looked at the lips the most apparently. When either walked away, both looked at the bum. so we're on the same page there:D

In a way this backs up the OP's take. A woman staring or catching quick glances of a man's meat and two veg aren't usually aware they're doing it so it's not a deliberate thing, whereas a guy looking at bewbs is being deliberate or at least is aware of it, so should be able to control it more.

Thank god bodywise Im an arse and leg man(and waist/stomach too) that's all I can say:D Much less chance of being caught. I have to admit though I tend to look at a woman's bod first. The face comes later. Dunno why:confused:

You are skilled in the art of

baghead.jpg

Is the image function disabled or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Boob watching is a national ,cultural pastime
    of the whole of planet earth of course :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Abigayle wrote: »
    Sweeeeeet. BTW I'm looking at the thighs in that sig pic of yours.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Sweeeeeet. BTW I'm looking at the thighs in that sig pic of yours.

Are you? Sweeeeet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Men are not there for you to objectify.

How dare you stare at us.. you creepy pervert. I actually stoop when I walk cause of women like you looking at my tallness.

I used to go jogging and pervert women would see me and I would feel freaked out so I had to stop. Sometimes I even stay seated and at times have even crawled home so that women would not oggle my manly frame.

;)

That just makes me stare more......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

No womon has asked me to stop looking at the obious open shirt on public display , tanned , melon shaped ..er .....* drool * ...boobz ......gawdz

Not yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I sometimes find I look down at a woman's chest when I'm tired of making eye contact (ie. I'm sick of listening to them or I feel like they're looking into my soul). I could do this for about 2 minutes when I'd be like "OMG MAN IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE STARING AT HER TITS!" And perk the head right back up. The cycle repeats.

Long story short, women love me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Stop trying to treat this as if he's doing it on purpose, rationally or even consciously. It's an uncontrollable reaction from the very deepest instincts of his brain. He has very little control over it. Mmmm... boobies.

Advertisement