Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Bastards Broke Into My House Last Night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

dont worry you will feel Honolulu Groovy! soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Went out to my car at 7.30 this morning only to find some scumbags had smashed the passenger window, robbed the stereo and ipod and anything else that was of value. Sitting here waiting for gardaí to arrive. Will be late for work. Parasitical bástards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Very sorry to hear Dionysus.

Was late myself last week, but at least the gards were in the area.

tallus wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear Dionysus.

Was late myself last week, but at least the gards were in the area.

They took the back seat down and went into the boot as well. I would be even more livid if I had left my bag with this laptop in it. I would be so fúcked had I done that.

Hope the gardaí come quicker. Waiting for just over 30 mins now.

Dionysus wrote: »
    They took the back seat down and went into the boot as well. I would be even more livid if I had left my bag with this laptop in it. I would be so fúcked had I done that.

Hope the gardaí come quicker. Waiting for just over 30 mins now.

Don't forget to call your insurance too.
    Lovely start to a new week heh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

donojono wrote: »
    Now then, if the scumbag thief gets killed by your dogs how responible are you?
    Give the dogs time to eat the evidence. Problem solved. If anyone calls, you weren't burgled at all. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    The oft-repeated and f*cking annoying saying "If they want to get in, they'll get in" is only partly true. Make it easy for them and you're more likely to be robbed.
    +1000 similar to those who dont bother with proper car security who then moan "ah sure if they really want it they'll take it". That mentality makes the scums life so much easier.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Savman wrote: »
    2pm-4pm believe it or not. Did a Crime Project on this a few years ago.
    I believe that at least some of the people who call to the house during the day and stick random pieces of paper through the letterbox are checking to see if the front door has been left open.

So far so good. Gardaí came after 40 minutes and said they were going to get a truck to bring it to Gannon's in Donabate for an examination. Got to work 25 minutes late.

Rang FBD (the car's insurer) and they told me that they would pay for the smashed window and up to €400 for stolen goods, which is just under what the IPOD and stereo will cost to replace. They also said that because it was a theft I would not lose my No Claims Bonus. They rang a window company and they are going to drive out to Donabate and replace the window for me so it should be back to normal when I collect it in Donabate tomorrow.

Hopefully it will be that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Leah Wallace

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Hi I work in a TV station <SNiP>

lol:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Hi I work in a TV station and <SNiP>

Seriously?

"Hmmm, guys...we need some blue sky thinking for our next show. Quick someone start googling!"

What'll you be making people outraged about next week? This stuff is like AIDs for my eyes.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Hi I work in a TV station and <SNiP >

Are you anything to Mia Wallace?
    If you are, I'll be down in two shakes of a lambs tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,023 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I would be slightly out of sorts, if not miffed, were my sh1thole broken into. If it were an insurance scam, I'd be laughing out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    Are you anything to Mia Wallace?
    If you are, I'll be down in two shakes of a lambs tail.

Nah, it's Marcellus' adopted lovechild; "Z" Junior's sister.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Back in my day researchers done actual research and not just spam threads on discussion boards,

wouldn't expect anything else from TV3 though, in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Have you tried Dr. Richard Kimble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

tallus wrote: »
    Like the title says.. The Gardai just left, but my house was broken into last night they took my 32inch Samsung HD Tv and work Phone. (Nokia E51).
    They didn't even take the psu for the tv.

I **** you not when I say that my heart is still racing, I mean the bloody shock I got. The fact that someone was in my house while I slept is very very unnerving.

Just spoke to my next door neighbour and his house was done on sunday night in the exact same manner.

I swear to god I feel like doing a Padraig Nally on one of these scumbag cnuts.
    yea glad the response was generally sympathetic, u can have a lot of smart-arse replies in a case like this. But youve worked hard 4 these things and some good-4 nothing decides to do u .

Thanks poppyvalley, I had actually forgotten about this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I find it annoying that if you come face to face with a burglar in your own home, you're not allowed to beat them off your property.

Shambles!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Fart wrote: »
    I find it annoying that if you come face to face with a burglar in your own home, you're not allowed to beat them off your property.

Shambles!

Best bet is to just kill them.
    Dead men can't testify in court against you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Best bet is to just kill them.
    Really? You can legally kill them?! :D
    *Posy goes off to sharpen her forks and lie in wait*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Best have a good plan for disposing of the evidence though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Fart wrote: »
    I find it annoying that if you come face to face with a burglar in your own home, you're not allowed to beat them off your
    property

Would you like to beat them off?

Takes all sorts I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

My big German Shepperd's would love to dine on human flesh. Unfortunately I'm well out in the sticks and it's a safe area, but the dogs still live in hope.:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Sometimes things work out.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/articles/shoots-107496-home-year.html
    PALMVIEW — An 11-year-old boy shot a man who broke into his home north of the city early Friday.

<snip>

The child and his mother were hiding in a bedroom when the gunmen tried to force their way in. One of the men shot through the door, striking the boy in the groin area.

The child, who was carrying a .22-caliber rifle, shot back, hitting one of the criminals in the neck. The men fled the scene shortly thereafter, investigators said.

Man with a gunshot wound to the neck checked into the same hospital as the kid was taken to. Hmmm...

He's never going to live it down in prison. "How did you get caught?" "I was shot by a pre-teenager..."

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Mike 1972 wrote: »

My Uncle's got a pig farm.

My Uncle's got a pig farm.

Is his name bricktop per chance ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

It makes my blood boil to hear about this, these b1sta1ds think it's O.K. to break in to our homes and take stuff we worked hard to own. If I was a neighbour of yours, I'd be very afraid that I'm next. Take it easy and relax (easy for me to say, I know) .x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Mike 1972 wrote: »

Why bother? Did Mr. Burglar tell Mrs. Burglar that he is going to rob 123 Fake street and if the owner kills him, stuffs him and mounts him over the fireplace, to call the Gardaí and send them to pick up the corpse?

If he did thats a burglar that deserves his loot!

Advertisement