Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Bastards Broke Into My House Last Night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

If you need bars on your windows you are living in the wrong area !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

This is the most serious thread I've seen on AH in a long time!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

PK2008 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this man. Am i reading it right that they broke through the double glazing? I always thought DG was designed especially to be diifficult to smash through?

No most DGUs are just normal 4mm clear glass, unless its for a door or a very large size then it has to be toughened glass. The best DGUs to get are laminated. If you cant do that then apply or get someone to apply a clear safety film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Get yourself a dog mate, we have 4 dogs and i'd dare anyone to try and rob us. Best security system money can buy (Or for free !).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Magill wrote: »
    Get yourself a dog mate, we have 4 dogs and i'd dare anyone to try and rob us. Best security system money can buy (Or for free !).

You have to feed them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

tallus wrote: »
    One of my neighbours has a Large Rottweiller and he also got broken into in the past. They hit the dog on the head with a pick axe handle, and the dog is one large dog.
    I have to day I do feel like getting bars on the windows, at least downstairs at the back of the house.

Can I ask where you live? Roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

merengueca wrote: »
    With British law you can only attack if your life is in danger. Rule of thumb being that a burgalar downstairs while you are upstairs is not threatening your life. However, if the scumbag was to come up stairs it would not be unreasonable for you to assume that they plan to do you harm.
    Now, what you can use as defence is also tricky - guns, baseball bats, hurls, knives are not usual items to be found in a bedroom, so, using them appears to show some level of pre meditation into your attack. However, 4" stiletto, Maglite torchetc... This was explained to me by a policeman after my break in..

the laws an ass, the criminal has more rights than the ordinary citizen

if a scumbag breaks into your house you should have the right to defend both yourself and your property in any given situation

I think it might be a bit harsh to label these people as scumbags. Now don't get me wrong, I don't for a moment condone their actions, but it is important to realise that these people are the product of their environment. They are more than likely stealing to feed their family, or to pay the mounting bills. We are living in a time when it is becoming increasingly difficult for even the average people in society to secure the funds necessary to live in the comfort they are accustomed to, and it follows naturally that those who were below this level before the recession hit are going to be in a dreadful position now. All the emotions you are feeling are perfectly natural, but I would enjoin you to consider the reason why these people were forced to break into your home and steal from you.

BECAUSE THEY'RE BLOODY SCUMBAGS ! thats why they did this, it fines blaming the recession, hundreds of thousands of people have been hit hard by the recession.

BECAUSE THEY'RE BLOODY SCUMBAGS ! thats why they did this, it fines blaming the recession, hundreds of thousands of people have been hit hard by the recession.

that doesn't mean hundreds of thousands of people have been forced to or have the ability or immorality to steal it could be a select few which could partially be caused by the recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

It's time for one of these bad boys:

http://www.petforums.co.uk/resources/images/thumb/4/46/Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-wm.jpg/350px-Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-wm.jpg

I can guarantee that they will not come back again if they find one of these in the house.

Superb dog IF trained and looked after correctly. Will protect you, your family and your home.

• Advertisement

It's time for one of these bad boys:

http://www.petforums.co.uk/resources/images/thumb/4/46/Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-wm.jpg/350px-Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-wm.jpg

I can guarantee that they will not come back again if they find one of these in the house.

Superb dog IF trained and looked after correctly. Will protect you, your family and your home.

and they make extremely loyal and friendly pets

that doesn't mean hundreds of thousands of people have been forced to or have the ability or immorality to steal it could be a select few which could partially be caused by the recession.

It doesn't change the fact that they are nothing but scum, no matter what their circumstances are. their circumstances is certainly not a life and death one.

It doesn't change the fact that they are nothing but scum, no matter what their circumstances are. their circumstances is certainly not a life and death one.

and how do you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You have to feed them

Feed them with scumbags.

Everyone's a winner ! (well, except the scumbag burglers :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the laws an ass, the criminal has more rights than the ordinary citizen

if a scumbag breaks into your house you should have the right to defend both yourself and your property in any given situation

Has that law not changed in the last while.:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I think it might be a bit harsh to label these people as scumbags. Now don't get me wrong, I don't for a moment condone their actions, but it is important to realise that these people are the product of their environment. They are more than likely stealing to feed their family, or to pay the mounting bills. We are living in a time when it is becoming increasingly difficult for even the average people in society to secure the funds necessary to live in the comfort they are accustomed to, and it follows naturally that those who were below this level before the recession hit are going to be in a dreadful position now. All the emotions you are feeling are perfectly natural, but I would enjoin you to consider the reason why these people were forced to break into your home and steal from you.

For fcuks sake are you for real. I would like to hear your position on this subject if your house was ever broken into. These people are scum through and through. There are plenty of us living hand to mouth at the moment and thankfully most of us do not resort to breaking into peoples houses.

and how do you know that?

Because the money they get from the government is more than enough to survive on, yeah, they arent living in luxury but it is enough to provide food and a place to sleep.

Because the money they get from the government is more than enough to survive on, yeah, they arent living in luxury but it is enough to provide food and a place to sleep.

If they were homeless they couldn't get the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Like the title says.. The Gardai just left, but my house was broken into last night they took my 32inch Samsung HD Tv and work Phone. (Nokia E51).
    They didn't even take the psu for the tv.

I **** you not when I say that my heart is still racing, I mean the bloody shock I got. The fact that someone was in my house while I slept is very very unnerving.

Just spoke to my next door neighbour and his house was done on sunday night in the exact same manner.

I swear to god I feel like doing a Padraig Nally on one of these scumbag cnuts.
    Really sorry to hear that, Luckily you weren't hurt.

It's really eerie that that can happen, especially in your own home, The one place#your supposed to feel safe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

if they were homeless, then catch them in the act and kick the **** out of them.

• Advertisement

If they were homeless they couldn't get the money

I really really doubt you get many homeless burglars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Well since you said "really really" then you're more than likely right.

What a kick in the tits Tallus.

Thankfully i can only imagine the anger you're feeling.
    Like a few other people pointed out, at least the burgulary didnt turn into an assault on you or any of the occupants of the house.
    Although if it was the burgular got assaulted then i'd high five the screen.

For all the people who recommend getting a dog, i agree and
    don't ignore the slightly older ones at the pound either.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Panda wrote: »
    For all the people who recommend getting a dog, i agree and
    don't ignore the slightly older ones at the pound either.

Fully agree - I got my boy from the ISPCA, the most loyal and protective dog ever. IMG_0131.JPG

Panda wrote: »
    Well since you said "really really" then you're more than likely right.

FUnny.

but there must be some, correct? In that case a homeless person could have committed the crime but I do find this argument irrelevant at this stage as I think we can all agree that anyone would be pissed off if they were robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

as the victim of an armed robbery in my own house(family buisness premises) 4 years ago with my family and my brother who was only 10. That anyone who comes on here and defends them or says that there is a reson there doing it is very ignorant and naive.

So if 6 men came into your house with a weapons pointed at your mother and younger brother you would stop to consider there social background or drug problems?

These people are scumbags who regardless of what ****hole hey came out of have no care or humanity. They deserve no protection from the law or any nanny state victim who thinks they know something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

So sorry to hear this tallus :( For this to happen once is traumatic enough, but twice in the space of a few months, I can't imagine it. I hope you're ok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Keep an eye on www.dondeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

bookerboy wrote: »
    Keep an eye on www.dondeal.ie

???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

???
    For the stuff that wasn't stolen from your house. Somebody might try to sell it on dondeal.ie.

Advertisement