Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Bastards Broke Into My House Last Night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

:eek: Twice in one evening? That's as unlucky as it gets. A lot of thieves seem to be targeting houses only for good jewellery for these idiotic cash for gold schemes, but they couldn't care less about that. Maybe that's why only the bedroom was touched. :mad:

Yeah I agree.

I'm glad that the bastards got nothing tho, because I don't every have money or jewellery in the house.
    My next door neighbour got done too, and his house got done three days before mine last time around.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

****. Sorry to hear that Tallus. Honestly, a dog is probably the best deterrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The worst thing about being broken into is the feeling of insecurity it leaves you with. Happened a mate of mine last year and he still says it bothers him when he's at home on his own..

Nobody should be made feel unsafe in their own home :mad: There should be mandatory and harsher sentencing for breaking and entering

I'm seriously considering getting one but to be honest it would be selfish of me to get a dog just for that one reason.

I have two cats that might not get on with a dog too tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Or one of those motion detectors that texts your mobile phone (and link it to a barking-dog type alarm)

Abrasax wrote: »
    Or one of those motion detectors that texts your mobile phone (and link it to a barking-dog type alarm)

I'm definetly going to have to scrape the cash together to get this sorted out, I can't go on living under the threat of scumbag ****s breaking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

The worst thing about being broken into is the feeling of insecurity it leaves you with. Happened a mate of mine last year and he still says it bothers him when he's at home on his own..

Nobody should be made feel unsafe in their own home :mad: There should be mandatory and harsher sentencing for breaking and entering

Id feed the funkers to starving pigs. :mad:

tallus wrote: »
    I'm definetly going to have to scrape the cash together to get this sorted out, I can't go on living under the threat of scumbag ****s breaking in.

Can you not move gaff?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

That is by far the worst part.
    Time to invest in a Hound of Hades (or at least one that makes the same amount of noise!)
    Hopefully the Gaurds get the scum for you OP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Can you not move gaff?

..That's not all that easy.

I always hear people saying you can't really do anything about someone breaking into your house as they'll sue you. What are the laws? What can I do to burglar scum?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Can you not move gaff?

I'm sure he could be he really shouldn't have to, should he?

I'm sorry this happened again tallus. If it happened to me again I'd find it very very difficult to feel safe. It's a really sh*tty thing to have happen once, never mind more than that :(

Can you not move gaff?

That's not going to happen.

It's my house, and I'm paying a mortgage on it.

That's not going to happen.

It's my house, and I'm paying a mortgage on it.

Shore up the defences so.
    Hate to say it, but it might have to be grilles on the windows.

Shore up the defences so.
    Hate to say it, but it might have to be grilles on the windows.

I wouldn't have a problem doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Fook man that is unbelievable luck. So sorry to hear it. At least they didnt get much this time but you're gonna have to do something now. Makes my blood boil.

These guys really are the scum of the earth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Don't think enough can be said for a guard dog. We invested in a German shepherd after a series of attempts on the cars. We initially got the dog for this sole reason. Don't feel guilty about it.

A well trained one is an excellent deterrent. Ours only barks when someones around the house at dark and all the neighbours know and check it out.

Still alarm first though.

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    ..That's not all that easy.

I always hear people saying you can't really do anything about someone breaking into your house as they'll sue you. What are the laws? What can I do to burglar scum?

With British law you can only attack if your life is in danger. Rule of thumb being that a burgalar downstairs while you are upstairs is not threatening your life. However, if the scumbag was to come up stairs it would not be unreasonable for you to assume that they plan to do you harm.
    Now, what you can use as defence is also tricky - guns, baseball bats, hurls, knives are not usual items to be found in a bedroom, so, using them appears to show some level of pre meditation into your attack. However, 4" stiletto, Maglite torchetc... This was explained to me by a policeman after my break in..

I'm sure he could be he really shouldn't have to, should he?

I'm sorry this happened again tallus. If it happened to me again I'd find it very very difficult to feel safe. It's a really sh*tty thing to have happen once, never mind more than that :(

I'm actually moving, at considerable loss, 2 years after my burglary I still can't settle in the house. Stepping off the property ladder and going to rent until I find an opportunity to return home.
    19 days till I'm outta here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheTMO

Would you ever consider getting a dog?

I got burgled 3 times in the space of 8 months upon moving into a house in a less than desirable area. I bought two huskie dogs and they're brilliant. Basically like an alarm system that can actually seek out and hurt potential intruders. Whenever someone is near the house the two of them bark the house down, about a month ago we let then out in the garden after they started barking (we couldn't see anything because it was dark). In seconds we could hear the little scum cursing and trying to scramble over our wall. Haven't been burgled since.

• Advertisement

I was just talking to my neighbour, who was also broken into at the same time and he told me that they had two carving knives ready and left upstairs, one in each bedroom. He reckons they were carrying them just in case they were disturbed.
    Scary tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I hate that feeling when you know someone has been in your home.

What's unsettling is that these guys were probably watching you as you said you only went out for around 30 minutes.

My dog is a great guard dog. There's been a lot of burglaries in my area and we havin't had a problem since we got her. Not sure if getting a dog is the best for you if you're not into them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,360 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Bars for the windows.
    Alarm
    Dog.

Get all 3 and do it tomorrow or else you will be on here again mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bars for the windows.
    Alarm
    Dog.

Get all 3 and do it tomorrow or else you will be on here again mate.

an obvious cctv camera might help, they are pretty cheap nowadays.
    a moat couldnt hurt either.

The point of entry.

One of my neighbours has a Large Rottweiller and he also got broken into in the past. They hit the dog on the head with a pick axe handle, and the dog is one large dog.
    I have to day I do feel like getting bars on the windows, at least downstairs at the back of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Sometimes things work out.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/articles/shoots-107496-home-year.html

Man with a gunshot wound to the neck checked into the same hospital as the kid was taken to. Hmmm...

He's never going to live it down in prison. "How did you get caught?" "I was shot by a pre-teenager..."

NTM

The kid still got one in the sac, though. Nasty. His teen years might be difficult too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Well folks you won't ****ing believe it but my house was broken into again this afternoon.

I was out for about 30 minutes getting a bit of food and when I got back I noticed a window in my kitchen was broken.
    Nothing was missing from the living room including my Archos 7, Laptop, Xbox etc, but my bedroom looks like a bomb hit it.
    I cannot believe that this **** has happened to me again. I thought I'd be ok triple locking the front door and having double glazing at the back of the house.
    I hope the scum who did this get AIDS.
    I'm absolutely devastated that this has happened again.

Sorry to hear this man. Am i reading it right that they broke through the double glazing? I always thought DG was designed especially to be diifficult to smash through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

One of my neighbours has a Large Rottweiller and he also got broken into in the past. They hit the dog on the head with a pick axe handle, and the dog is one large dog.
    I have to day I do feel like getting bars on the windows, at least downstairs at the back of the house.

That's horrible.... Surprised the dog didn't put them off, especially that breed.

Yeah, if the bars doesn't bother you then it's probably the cheapest and most effective route to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Move house.

Advertisement