Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Bastards Broke Into My House Last Night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Kess73 wrote: »
    My face was mark free when the gardai got to the house. I had about five stone on the guy, plus years of boxing experience behind me, with a little martial art experience so it was not much of a fight. He got a shot off, which was blocked, and my punch put him down.

Then I restrained him so that he could not get up, and I held him like that until the boys in blue got there.

I don't think there is much the cops could have done to stop it going to court though. Scumbag got his solicitor (one that will be well known to any Limerick posters due to his constant involvement with Limerick criminals) to take it as far as a court case, and I suppose it was done to try and get the scumbag off of the house breaking charges or done to intimidate me or something.

Fair play. That's all I can say.

But I wouldn't leave him in my house, I wouldn't restain him easier. I'd take him for a long drive into the mountains....

Reminds me of one time they found a lad tied to a tree in the arse end of Wicklow after 3 days out. No charges pressed

And other one, they put him in a remote forest car park, took his shoes & socks, then tied his feet together and put 1000's of nails around him. He couldn't walk very far after that. Again, no charges pressed.

Personally, I'm all for knocking anyone sideways. Its my home and when your on my turf its my rules. I didn't invite you, your tresspassing and I'm defending. We need more of this scum killed and dropped by home owners.

Take my 50" TV and I'll take you to within 1" of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

tallus wrote: »
    Just spoke to my next door neighbour and his house was done on sunday night in the exact same manner.

I swear to god I feel like doing a Padraig Nally on one of these scumbag cnuts.

Why didnt your neighbour inform all his neighbours as soon as it happened, tell the street to be more aware and secure their house better?

Hope you will do that today for your neighbours.

They should be informed to protect themselves and their property.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

+1000. I would liken it to a rape of your personal space.

Under Irish law, it's considered as an assault against the person. (DPP v Barnes)

NTM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry to hear this happened to o.p,scumbag burgulars :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I bought a couple of these:
    http://www.dobermanproducts.com/SE-0305.htm

They are cheap, loud & totally portable. I have used them in a tent, my jeep, etc. Because they are pocket sized you can put one virtually anywhere & the remote control makes them easy to activate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Burglary is one of the most despicable acts when you think of it. Some piece of sh!t scumbag entering your home - your place of sanctuary, taking your possessions, most likely armed with a weapon. Home owners should be allowed use whatever force necessary to defend themselves against these b4stards. F*cking cheek of them. Scum of the earth :mad:

OP sorry to hear about your ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Op, sorry to hear about your troubles. A sh*tty thing to have to go through, no doubt.

Straight up about this, your in Tallaght?

If you can't get out and need anything brought over PM me your number and I'm at your service, I've a morning free.

You might need to go to the DIY store to secure your house, need anything dropped in even?.

Maki, you've restored my faith in human nature, just a little bit.
    Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sorry to hear about the ordeal. A basic hdd based CCTV system would not go astray to catch the f*kers, I have seen loop based systems for sale in Lidl very reasonable.

Can't believe no-one else highlighted this particular post.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

owners should be allowed use whatever force necessary to defend themselves against these b4stards

They are. See aforementioned DPP vs Barnes.

The problem is that you can't use 'excessive' force, which is a bit of a fudge.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

I have a couple friends living in a student housing estate near the university of limerick, the area has the highest concintration of students living in ireland in the one area, the suburb has just over 32,000 with just over 20,000 students living there too so there is a constant activity of robberies

what the lads do is they bought a safe (cheap thing) and put maybe 15 or 20 quid in there between them so that if they ever bump into the robbers (who apparently are quite viscious) they say thats where the money is and actually save a whole lot!

its a bit extreme but its a technique thats been perfected down through the years! iv loads more that iv heard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

how did they get in ?
    they are complete scum.
    I'd say a dog + an alarm should alert you.
    anyway very sad to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

They are. See aforementioned DPP vs Barnes.

The problem is that you can't use 'excessive' force, which is a bit of a fudge.

NTM

TBH I really can't see how someone could be convicted for excessive force unless they were stupid enough to hit from behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The law of not being able to throw a slap when someone breaks into your house us fúcking ridiculous imo.
    When I get a fright or someone comes up behind me, my first reaction is to put my two fists up and throw a box, I don't know how I developed the habit because I don't do boxing or any martial arts.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Ireland really is a **** country, can't wait to get out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

cosmic wrote: »
    How are you feeling this afternoon OP? You're probably still in shock. As I think others have suggested, maybe having a friend over later to stay the night, or even for a few hours would be good for you. Chin up!

Thanks cosmic, I have a friend dropping over this evening, a fellow boardsie.

BOHtox wrote: »
    how did they get in ?
    they are complete scum.
    I'd say a dog + an alarm should alert you.
    anyway very sad to hear

There are some marks near the handle on the front door so my guess is they shoved something thin in there and opened the door, my neighbour has the same marks.(He only checked today as he thought he had forgotten to lock his door on Sunday night.)

murfie wrote: »
    Why didnt your neighbour inform all his neighbours as soon as it happened, tell the street to be more aware and secure their house better?

Hope you will do that today for your neighbours.

They should be informed to protect themselves and their property.

He thought he had left his door unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

The fact that someone was in my house while I slept is very very unnerving.

I can only imagine, I felt the same when it happened to us.
    You have to take comfort in the fact that you stayed asleep, waking up could have been a hell of a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thanks cosmic, I have a friend dropping over this evening, a fellow boardsie.

Aye. I'm in the taxi as we speak.

Achilles wrote: »
    Aye. I'm in the taxi as we speak.

Seeya soon buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

If it helps, my parents car was broken into last night, Dad's wallet and phone were taken, and they just smashed all the windows for good measure. Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

For the poster who accused Tallus of being hysterical:rolleyes:..
    Not a very tactful or sympathetic reply(I didn't bother to quote)...he's hardly hysterical but it's understandable for him to be upset. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone. It's a total invasion and a assault on your peace of mind. Your home should be a haven from the world of work and stress, it's not just bricks and mortar available for the scum of the earth to rifle through and take what they want:mad:.
    Tallus I hope you can put this behind you and this awful incident doesn't stick in your mind for long. Get yourself organised with better security, give the place a good clean and put up your Xmas decorations. Fcuk them, don't let them rob the pleasure your home gives you.
    For all the posters who told their stories, I hope you all can put what happened to you all behind you, Nasty Girl, it was terrible that your experience led you to move. I hope you're nicely settled and content in your new home.
    Our house is alarmed thank God and thankfully it hasn't been broken into so far...but our car was broken into twice over the years(two different cars). Lucky they weren't robbed. The first one had a steering and gearstick lock which the thieves tried to remove but ended up doing a lot of damage iin the process as well as damaging the door and robbing the hubcaps.
    The second time the car alarm went off after they'd broken the door getting in (probably better not locking it, 'cos the alarm scared them off anyway)...for pure badness they grabbed everything from the glove compartment taking a pile of stuff including photographs from my son's birthday party and throwing them in a neighbour's muddy garden:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Ann22 wrote: »
    For the poster who accused Tallus of being hysterical:rolleyes:..
    Not a very tactful or sympathetic reply(I didn't bother to quote)...he's hardly hysterical but it's understandable for him to be upset. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone. It's a total invasion and a assault on your peace of mind. Your home should be a haven from the world of work and stress, it's not just bricks and mortar available for the scum of the earth to rifle through and take what they want:mad:

Tallus I hope you can put this behind you and this awful incident doesn't stick in your mind for long. Get yourself organised with better security, give the place a good clean and put up your Xmas decorations. Fcuk them, don't let them rob the pleasure your home gives you.

For all the posters who told their stories, I hope you all can put what happened to you all behind you, Nasty Girl, it was terrible that your experience led you to move. I hope you're nicely settled and content in your new home.

Our house is alarmed thank God and thankfully it hasn't been broken into so far...but our car was broken into twice over the years(two different cars). Lucky they weren't robbed. The first one had a steering and gearstick lock which the thieves tried to remove but ended up doing a lot of damage iin the process as well as damaging the door and robbing the hubcaps.

The second time the car alarm went off after they'd broken the door getting in (probably better not locking it, 'cos the alarm scared them off anyway)...for pure badness they grabbed everything from the glove compartment taking a pile of stuff including photographs from my son's birthday party and throwing them in a neighbour's muddy garden:mad:.

FYP - easier to read now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

if I confront a burglar and inflict serious injury by use of excessive force I will expect some form of punishment from the courts.

the burning question is though

- does the burglar get prosecuted for breaking and entering in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Just kill the guy and sue his estate for the psychological harm inflicted on you through the act of having the kill him to defend yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Sorry to hear about that Tallus, I hope the people who did this have eternally itchy testicles .:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Get down to b+q and get a security chain for the door and get it fitted... might not do much but it might deter said scum when the door only opens so far then they might have to make a bit of a racket getting in.
    I hope they get knocked down and maimed for life..seriously coming into another persons home to rob is lower than a snake's belly.:mad:

Got broken into before.. Opened bedroom door to a load of noise in the hall and had a knife at my throat in two seconds.. They were looking for a guy who lived there a month before I moved in and who owed them 2k for drug money. Housemate rang guards the second he heard the door kicked in, the guys leave after a half hour of searching house for money, guards arrive after 35 mins. BS.

We moved everything we owned at 5am that morning and never went back except for deposits.

Got broken into before.. Opened bedroom door to a load of noise in the hall and had a knife at my throat in two seconds.. They were looking for a guy who lived there a month before I moved in and who owed them 2k for drug money. Housemate rang guards the second he heard the door kicked in, the guys leave after a half hour of searching house for money, guards arrive after 35 mins. BS.

We moved everything we owned at 5am that morning and never went back except for deposits.

Jesus dude that's scary. I almost feel lucky now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I know we all would like to be able to get our hands on the scum that profit from our misfortune by breaking into our houses...that maybe we should have tronger rights to defend our properties. But sometimes having more rights to use force to defend our property may not be the right road to take. the reason im saying that is that my own Father in Law holds a legally held shotgun...but he has said it numerous times, and i know him long enough to know he is telling the truth when he says this..but if he ever found someone in his house he would have no hesitation in discharging both barrels into their asses.

That prospect, to me at least, is terrifying.

Advertisement