Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Bastards Broke Into My House Last Night

Options
  • 19-11-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Like the title says.. The Gardai just left, but my house was broken into last night they took my 32inch Samsung HD Tv and work Phone. (Nokia E51).
    They didn't even take the psu for the tv.

I **** you not when I say that my heart is still racing, I mean the bloody shock I got. The fact that someone was in my house while I slept is very very unnerving.

Just spoke to my next door neighbour and his house was done on sunday night in the exact same manner.

I swear to god I feel like doing a Padraig Nally on one of these scumbag cnuts.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sorry to hear your news.
    I don't blame you for how you feel. I'd be the same.
    Now if I caught them in my house... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well at least you lived to tell the tale. =)

Sorry to hear of your ordeal though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

No alarm?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

and they didn't bother to take your PC/laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

happened me a year or so ago, a spate of houses in the estate got done. i think the worst part (once the missing items werent too sentimental and were covered by insurance) is knowing that some one else was in your house. took me a while to get over it and sleep normally again tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Time to get a good aul dog

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Burglers are the scum of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Unfortunately the alarm is knackered. (but not for long.)

Cheers for the comments folks.

/edit

Just had a chat with my neighbour and he told me they didn't even take his wallet from the mantlepiece, just the phone and tv.

Cabaal wrote: »
    and they didn't bother to take your PC/laptop?

No, they didn't even touch it. It's an old-ish desktop pc.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    happened me a year or so ago, a spate of houses in the estate got done. i think the worst part (once the missing items werent too sentimental and were covered by insurance) is knowing that some one else was in your house. took me a while to get over it and sleep normally again tbh.

Sorry to hear dude..

I'm still sitting here and I don't want to go to work in case they come back, stupid I know, but it's hard to get the feeling out of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Bastards. :mad:

Sorry to hear that mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I don't know what happens next, ask the gardai

But maybe keeping an eye on the Buy & Sell would be an idea?
    Or Steal & Sell as it's also known as

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Sorry to hear it...

And if you got up and beat them up or whatever your liable to get sued!!
    Laws in this country are a joke.

If someone is in your house un-invited like that, its THEIR fault if they dont make it back out... :mad:

Hate hearing stuff like this, im sure if you head down 2 your local 'market' at weekend it'll be on sale at a nice price :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thankfully, no-one was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

tallus wrote: »
    I'm still sitting here and I don't want to go to work in case they come back, stupid I know, but it's hard to get the feeling out of my head.

:(

Don't bother with work today or tomorrow, you've had a massive shock. Take a couple of days to yourself to deal with it.

Feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Straight up about this, your in Tallaght?

If you can't get out and need anything brought over PM me your number and I'm at your service, I've a morning free.

You might need to go to the DIY store to secure your house, need anything dropped in even?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Yeah the main issue here is not what was stolen.

It would be going to your bed the following night worrying that these scum will be back in your house.

I tell you, get a couple of pit bulls and remove their vocal chords and wait for the men to come back.

Let the dogs do the gardai interogation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If you can't get out and need anything brought over PM me your number and I'm at your service, I've a morning free.
    You might need to go to the DIY store to secure your house, need anything dropped in even?.
    Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Biggins wrote: »
    Fair play to you.

I NEED TO GO BACK FOR THE TV PSU :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

really sorry to hear that happened tallus
    Degsy wrote: »
    Burglers are the scum of the earth.
    +1000. I would liken it to a rape of your personal space. And no I don't use that word lightly. It's not about property or what is taken like too many of the left wing bleeding heart types crow about, it's the sense of invasion of ones private space and sense of security. I know of an elderly woman whose life was devastated after a burglary. The poor woman ended up killing herself. I know another couple who sold their house after a spate of burglaries, as it didn't feel safe anymore.

The effect they can have on some long term and they get piss poor sentences. Then again we live in a country where you can go to jail for an unpaid TV licence yet people who overcooked and screwed our economy walk free and even get bonuses.

If I ever find one in my house and my very large and aggressively territorial dog pins him down I will finish the job, if my hound doesnt do it for me first.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

I'm sorry for this but the burglars weren't French by any chance. Seem to have robbed every other Irish person last night!

Did you have the serial number of the TV? Might be handy to give to the guards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

mikemac wrote: »
    But maybe keeping an eye on the Buy & Sell would be an idea?
    Or Steal & Sell as it's also known as
    If there's any Karma in the world, they'll turn up on adverts and we'll get their details.

If that happens, the cops better get to them before the amods do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Sorry for your hassles OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 cashel girl

there should be more people like this :)

my house was also broken into last year just before christmas, only took small items, gold chains,fags,money. never got caught though,and it is an awfull feeling to know people have been in your home and at your stuff. scumbags:mad: hope u will b ok;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Happened to me a few times in the same house and there is no worse feeling. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I thought this might be useful, I know someone who used it and they got their laptop back, plus the police were able to nail the thief for other stuff too.
    http://adeona.cs.washington.edu/

Thanks dude I appreciate the offer 100%

Thanks to everybody for the kind words. I can't believe how upsetting this is.

I'm still going to work tho, it'll take my mind off this crapola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

Sh*t buzz...

Someone tried their hand at our house a couple of weeks ago, luckily alarm went before they managed to get in..

Got some bolts and extra locks for the front and back doors.. House is air tight at night now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

my house was broken into last night they took my 32inch Samsung HD Tv and work Phone. (Nokia E51).

fcuk, i forgot the cutlery...

Brb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

at least you still have your computer and you can still post on here.

its insured dont worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm still going to work tho, it'll take my mind off this crapola.

Now I know you checked this but is the door secure?
    When we burgled a few years back the door was kicked in.
    So someone had to be be there until the tradesman arrived

Oh and the hassle we have to get the landlord to pay but that's another story

Advertisement