Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tall girls?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭sugardan

I don't see how anyone could be judged as masculine due
    to height, i am very attractd to tall women 5'7-5'10
    they have lovely long legs look fantastic in short skirts
    and have a certain elegance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

sugardan wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone could be judged as masculine due
    to height

i agree totally and I think the idea that you stereotype a woman as less femiinine according to height is ridiculous. Women come in all shapes an heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

BumbleB wrote: »
    If thats what youre getting at .I wouldn't agree catwalk models and all the tall girls I've ever seen dont look mascaline to me at all.

Katherine hegyl ,gywneth paltrow ,cameron diaz , Maria shaparova ,Rachel Hunter,milla jovovich, jordin sparks,gisele bundchen ,victoria silvsted,mira sorvino , the blonde girl on the new battle star galactica all look feminine to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Katherine hegyl ,gywneth paltrow ,cameron diaz , Maria shaparova ,Rachel Hunter,milla jovovich, jordin sparks,gisele bundchen ,victoria silvsted,mira sorvino , the blonde girl on the new battle star galactica all look feminine to me.

Mmmmmmm!!!!

smccarrick wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm!!!!

Sigourney Weaver vs Dana Rosemary Scanlan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

CDfm wrote: »
    Sigourney Weaver vs Dana Rosemary Scanlan
    I know which I'd prefer to see being eaten by Aliens, then again having to do a talent show is probably bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

nm wrote: »
    for fear of hurting the feelings of the female bohemoths that started this thread (maybe for fear of getting beaten up by them, who knows)

Hello, it's "female bohemoth" OP here ;)

Just wanted to point out I've no problem finding men who find me attractive on nights out... this wasn't a "woe is me, I'm so tall" thread, I was just curious as to general opinions, so the rantings of one man with what appears to be "small man syndrome" won't hurt my feelings one bit don't you worry, rant away :)

I doubt very much that that's even a minority opinion, likely a lot of posters on here just declined to say so for fear of hurting the feelings of the female bohemoths that started this thread (maybe for fear of getting beaten up by them, who knows)

The OP is only 5'8" thats not really tall ,its above average for a girl .I think youre really on your own here ,because in my experience an awful lot of guys go for tall girls .I've yet to meet a girl who is tall who isn't stunning.

I'm probably the one you should be calling a behemoth, I'm 6'6.;)

The OP is only 5'8" thats not really tall ,its above average for a girl .I think youre really on your own here ,because in my experience an awful lot of guys go for tall girls .I've yet to meet a girl who is tall who isn't stunning.

I'm probably the one you should be calling a behemoth, I'm 6'6.;)

A BumbleBehemoth.

We should find out where this nm frightened hobbit lives and tower over him one morning, maybe stamp on his little house and squish it.

Anyone for a flash towering?

chompy wrote: »
    A BumbleBehemoth.

We should find out where this nm frightened hobbit lives and tower over him one morning, maybe stamp on his little house and squish it.

Anyone for a flash towering?
    lol !!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭gavney

vitalic wrote: »
    Just looking for some opinions from the gentlemen :)

I'm reasonably tall for a girl at 5'8". Wearing high heels can bring my height up to 6 foot (or more :eek: ) which has been fine in any relationship so far as any of my exes were taller than 6 foot. However as a single gal now I generally wear pumps (thats flat shoes guys!) on a night out as I feel like I end up being taller than a lot of guys otherwise and am maybe a bit intimidating.

Would guys agree, would you be less attracted/less likely to chat up a girl who is taller than you?

I wouldn't completely disregard a girl just cause she's tall but it would have a slight effect

I'm 6ft myself - if I was going out with a girl who was 6ft in heels - I'd prefer if she generally wore pumps.

So, basically, I think you're right not to wear heels all the time.

I happen to prefer flat shoes in girls anyway - I think they look alot cuter.

I like them tall girls, I like them short girls
    I like them brown hair girls, I like them blonde hair girls
    I like them big girls, I like them skinny girls
    I like them carrying a little bitty weight girls

Calvin Harris - The Girls:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

I love all girls:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Holy moly.. Right, some of you seemed to miss my point completely, and/or take it out of context (most likely on purpose because because you cant accept what you probably already know to be a very common opinion?!)

I'll repeat myself where necessary..
    chompy wrote: »
    Tall does not automatically say masculine at all, what's wrong with you.

I know that. I said that excessive tallness is predominantly a male feature.
    sugardan wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone could be judged as masculine due to height, i am very attractd to tall women 5'7-5'10

5'7 is not tall.
    vitalic wrote: »
    Hello, it's "female bohemoth" OP here ;)
    I was just curious as to general opinions, so the rantings of one man with what appears to be "small man syndrome" won't hurt my feelings one bit don't you worry, rant away :)

Hi there Bohemoth ;) - I wasnt trying to rant, I made one very general statement and then was forced to back it up using extremes about biceps and beards to defend myself to the pisstaking responses. Its really not that big a deal to me but I reckon the majority of men would rather ladies shorter than them rather than taller than them.

I mean really people has PC'ness made you all go crazy, what is the issue here?? Lets take a very quick look at some of the responses to the mirror thread from The Ladies Lounge...
    panda100 wrote: »
    I find ,in general, that tall men seem to go for small women.
    I'm 5'3" and 3 of the times I've worn flats out, I've ended up gaining the attention of guys at least 6'4" or so! It's great, and they seemed to like the fact I was small! Wouldn't get that attention from them in my heels! Honestly!
    On top of this you feel quite 'masculine' beside them cos you're towering over all the girls and many of the men too.

SHOCKING?? No, not really. In fact, not at all.

The thread there is about particularly tall men but my unpopular opinion is that whether anyone says it or not this probably applies to most men.

The OP is only 5'8" thats not really tall ,its above average for a girl.

Totally agree, 5'8 wouldnt qualify as tall at all, I'd consider that probably near or just over average height for a female if anything. I'm approx 6' even and reckon thats pretty much average to very slightly above average, and most women in my company would come in somewhere between 5'2 and 5'10 (I'm estimating as due to not having a weird height obsession I've never measured them), so I suppose this is what I would consider the norm.

NOTE AND DISCLAIMER, IN CASE ITS NOT OBVIOUS: Im not saying anyone should be or has to be within these height ranges to be attractive, but, if a girl was 6'4 or something and standing beside an identical girl of 5'5 or 5'6, I reckon the average man would be more comfortable and more likely to approach the 5'5 or 5'6 one. I know I would.. so what? It’s a preference. (ie: If the 6’4 one was more attractive then I’d approach her, but all things being equal)
    gavney wrote: »
    I wouldn't completely disregard a girl just cause she's tall but it would have a slight effect

I'm 6ft myself - if I was going out with a girl who was 6ft in heels - I'd prefer if she generally wore pumps.

So, basically, I think you're right not to wear heels all the time.

I happen to prefer flat shoes in girls anyway - I think they look alot cuter.

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!! No actually, I completely agree with everything there.

Why do you reckon it has a slight effect on him? Wouldn’t be because tallness is a predominantly masculine feature and he rather not be looking up at his girlfriend would it? Shock horror!

Ps: He’s right about the flats actually too, they just are nicer.
    I'm probably the one you should be calling a behemoth, I'm 6'6

You're quite the woman then. I'd recommend you you wear flats when out trying to pull the fellas, but each to their own.. whatever works for you.

Anyway finally, I think its a strange double standard here in that in the thread in The Ladies Lounge slightly and also mainly that thread that someone in the LL thread referred to by one poster (its in AH I think), the posts are littered with women saying they'd never go for a man smaller than then them, and this is considered fine and no other posters had issue with it.
    And I mean theyre right, it IS fine to say it outloud, because that’s the way they feel. I would actually be hugely surprised if someone started a thread about short men and it got replies from woman saying they all love it.

But then if the coin is flipped and a man says he'd rather a woman smaller than him to one taller then him, everyone freaks and the hobbit must have "small man syndrome" etc

So it seems its grand for a woman to rather a taller man but not for a man to rather a shorter woman?? :confused:

Weird.. but apparently true.

nm by that logic a guy has a better than average chance of dating a taller girl than a shorter one as there is less competition and she is more than likely to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

My first post =]

Im a girl *Taa daaaa!*
    Im 5'11..
    and dont like it at all,
    I wish i was a few inches smaller..
    so i could wear heels normally.. and not look HUGE.:(

shakencat wrote: »
    My first post =]

Im a girl *Taa daaaa!*
    Im 5'11..
    and dont like it at all,

welcome - its a friendly bunch

would you or have you dated a shorter guy?

Welcome Shakencat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

see the prob is that girls wont date a shorter guy. guys dont really mind it.

My first post =]

Im a girl *Taa daaaa!*
    Im 5'11..
    and dont like it at all,

You're perfect the way you are. It might take you years to realise this ,but you will .

I'm 6'6 and people used to make fun of me ,like i was a freak ,but I don't care anymore .

• Advertisement

Thanks for the hellos =]

see..
    I never look at tall men and say.. Jeez he's tall..
    Or woman actually!!

I just see people looking at me.

Annoying.

Then you get... ah id love to be your height nd all that crap!
    they only say it cause they know it wont happen ..!

they guy im seeing at the min is prob 5'10 maybe lil shorter..
    he dosent mind me being tall at all. and i wouldn notice it until i wear shoes with a slight heel or whataver.

but it dosent bother me going out in heels.. i think people know if someones weaing heels or not!

well id like to think they know!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I'm 6'4 and I absolutely adore tall girls. Especially with legs that go on forever!! ;) Any girl under 5'5 I start to have back problems. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Paulegend wrote: »
    see the prob is that girls wont date a shorter guy. guys dont really mind it.

I think its not a general rule and is up to the individual gal but I agree in my case. I'm 5 11" and dated someone shorter than me a long time ago. I felt like his mother when we were holding hands walking down the street but it didn't bother him.
    I couldn't see past it (well I could see over it :D) so it didn't last long.
    No regrets though.

Doozie wrote: »
    I couldn't see past it (well I could see over it :D)

Thats very mean -but very funny:D

It was more about you being self conscious than his height -when I first met my g/f she was in high heels and towered over me. I thought my lack of height would get in the way. Glad it didnt .

In other cultures it doesnt seem to matter as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

It was more about you being self conscious than his height -when I first met my g/f she was in high heels and towered over me. I thought my lack of height would get in the way. Glad it didnt .

Meh, I'm sure he's married with three mini munchkins by now. :rolleyes:
    I dont think its as simple as putting a 'your self-conscious' label on it though. It was more for health and safety reasons too, I could have crushed him.
    But I see what you mean, perhaps I do bow to the sterotypical view of male/female height types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Anyway finally, I think its a strange double standard here in that in the thread in The Ladies Lounge slightly and also mainly that thread that someone in the LL thread referred to by one poster (its in AH I think), the posts are littered with women saying they'd never go for a man smaller than then them, and this is considered fine and no other posters had issue with it.
    And I mean theyre right, it IS fine to say it outloud, because that’s the way they feel. I would actually be hugely surprised if someone started a thread about short men and it got replies from woman saying they all love it.

But then if the coin is flipped and a man says he'd rather a woman smaller than him to one taller then him, everyone freaks and the hobbit must have "small man syndrome" etc

So it seems its grand for a woman to rather a taller man but not for a man to rather a shorter woman?? :confused:

Weird.. but apparently true.

I dont think this is about double standards but human nature.
    What people find attractive in a potential partner is fluid and flexible.We all have different physical attributes that we find pleasing in the opposite sex. Its not fair to say ALL women like Tall men or ALL men don't like tall women, nothing about attractiveness is set in stone.
    Variety is the spice of life, and one things we can take from this thread is that we all find differnt things attractive in a potential partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yeah in our culture there is very definite views of what men and women should like.
    Men=Tall
    Women=Small.
    In other cultures its not as clearly defined as what denotes masculie features or female features.

just means us tall girls who have a problem with it wear flat flats as much as you can..

i hate when people ask my height.

or say..
    sure your tall arent you?

id love to say..
    no.
    i am?
    never noticed.

Thanks for the hellos =]

see..

I just see people looking at me.

Annoying.

Then you get... ah id love to be your height nd all that crap!
    they only say it cause they know it wont happen ..!

Funny that you say that but its never really bothered me much at all. I'm used to people looking at me and I really don't care but just b4 christmas I went into a late bar in Kildare looking for my friends and right in the middle was a mass of average height girls by the bar and I walked through them and every single one I passed looked up at me and it felt weird.
    I dont think this is about double standards but human nature.
    What people find attractive in a potential partner is fluid and flexible.We all have different physical attributes that we find pleasing in the opposite sex. Its not fair to say ALL women like Tall men or ALL men don't like tall women, nothing about attractiveness is set in stone.
    Variety is the spice of life, and one things we can take from this thread is that we all find differnt things attractive in a potential partner.

At the end of the day ,you can't really dictate who you fall in love with .:)

• Advertisement

BumbleB...

maybe your hot...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement