Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tall girls?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

vitalic wrote: »
    first time I've ever fancied a guy shorter than me... should have asked his views on the height debate LOL!! :)

Should we watch this space. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Id like to share a moment if I may...while this forum on tall gals is active...

Me and two friends went Speed Dating last night for the crack and had a great time chattin to loads of regular sound guys. When I was walkin home along Camden St, thinking to myself what great chats Id had and feelin all good with the world, I could hear a guy shoutin from a taxi just behind me. He was shouting "Hey Bitch! Hey, you tall bitch..." and eventually I realised it was me he was screaming at...and I mean hangin out of the taxi window..."YOURE THE TALLEST ****N (sorry about the language) BI*^H IVE EVER SEEN..IN FACT YOURE NOT A WOMAN YOUR A MAN YA BIT%H!!! and he kept going like that for a bit until eventually the taxi passed me out.

Im 5'11. Big deal. I went from feeling great and happy to feeling like total crap. I gave him the bird... But its so stupid cause you can see why when things like that happen how you can be a bit paranoid about being tall, but you dont see yourself as being a freak of nature, its just normal.

Anyway, just felt like sharing, it being a tall girls forum an all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 j4supporter

Doolee wrote: »

Me and two friends went Speed Dating last night for the crack and had a great time chattin to loads of regular sound guys. When I was walkin home along Camden St, thinking to myself what great chats Id had and feelin all good with the world, I could hear a guy shoutin from a taxi just behind me. He was shouting "Hey Bitch! Hey, you tall bitch..." and eventually I realised it was me he was screaming at...and I mean hangin out of the taxi window..."YOURE THE TALLEST ****N (sorry about the language) BI*^H IVE EVER SEEN..IN FACT YOURE NOT A WOMAN YOUR A MAN YA BIT%H!!! and he kept going like that for a bit until eventually the taxi passed me out.

Im 5'11. Big deal. I went from feeling great and happy to feeling like total crap. I gave him the bird... But its so stupid cause you can see why when things like that happen how you can be a bit paranoid about being tall, but you dont see yourself as being a freak of nature, its just normal.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to him Doolee. Generally people that do things like that are trying to compensate for personal issues. I guarantee if you had the bottom of a high heel leaning on his balls, he would be crying like a girl.

For the sake of the discussion, I'm 6'1 and the majority of my mates are 5'10 or around that. In their eyes, the only good thing about being tall is that you can get served at the bar quicker. I personally have no dislike for tall or short women. I like and am attracted to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Thanks J4,

Youre probably right...think maybe he just fancied me actually and he was just playing it cool...sort of like little boys in the playground pulling girls hair cause they actually like them...thats what I'm going with anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My other half is the same height as myself. When she wears heels she's a good bit taller............. I find it incredibly attractive and sexy. Any guy who wouldn't be attracted to a lady just because she is taller than him is a nonce.

• Advertisement

Youre probably right...think maybe he just fancied me actually and he was just playing it cool...sort of like little boys in the playground pulling girls hair cause they actually like them...thats what I'm going with anyway! :)

He probably is very short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

My other half is the same height as myself. When she wears heels she's a good bit taller............. I find it incredibly attractive and sexy. Any guy who wouldn't be attracted to a lady just because she is taller than him is a nonce.

I've never been attracted to a woman taller than me but I don't think it makes me a "nonce".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Any guy who wouldn't be attracted to a lady just because she is taller than him is a nonce.

Attraction is relative. I'm more attracted to brunettes, so what. Different strokes etc... Doesn't mean the person is a nonce for having a preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Me = 5'9"

The missus = 6'0" (in her bare feet)

We got married their in the summer and to be honest a sexier woman you never saw when she came sweeping up the aisle.

The height difference used to bother me because I thought girls prefer guys who are taller, but herself disproved that.

Anyway, now I find the height difference tends to bother other people more than us (we have a good laugh about it). For example at the wedding, the photographer kept trying to get her to take her heels off or put me on a step until he was told to just take the photos.

Similarly, when we're out I can see other guys looking at me thinking "how did short arse end up with her!!!" (that or I'm paranoid):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I'm about 5'8 in bare feet. Ex was the same height.
    But if I'm honest I do prefer a taller guy. I quite like having to look up for a kiss, being able to rest my head on a chest in a hug instead of a shoulder. I like the way a taller, broader guy makes me feel small and delicate (seeing as I've always been taller than all my friends).
    But a guy being smaller wouldn't put me off if I was attracted to him. I just have a preference for taller men. And I can understand why a guy might not want to be with a taller girl.

It's all personal preference.

• Advertisement

Jawgap wrote: »
    Me = 5'9"

The missus = 6'0" (in her bare feet)

Good for her.

May I ask who changes the bulbs in your house.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm ~6' 2" and I find tall girls very attractive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm pretty short and I'd have to admit that I would be intimidated, but that's purely down to my own insecurities. I remember reading a thread in TLL or AH and the concensus was that women wouldn't date men smaller than them. Hence the insecurity.

That has absolutely nothing to do with you being tall, and everything to do with that guy being a lamo douchebag.

I'll be very vexed with you, if you allow that cowardly arsehole to make you sad.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I remember reading a thread in TLL or AH and the concensus was that women wouldn't date men smaller than them. Hence the insecurity.

I think when you have a spark with someone, pre-concieved notions of criteria go out the window.

I saw Sigourney Weaver in Ghosbusters last night - very tall and gorgeous still at 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

CDfm wrote: »
    Should we watch this space. :p

Haha I wish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm ~5'06" and I don't generally find women who are much taller than me attractive. I would have more of a tendency to have my eyes on girls who are a bit shorter than me or about my height.

That is not to say I would be completely put off by taller girls. I just don't really feel as attracted to them. Of course I'd also be less inclined to approach them because of the apparent feeling that short men are less attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Being honest, i don't find girls taller than me, attractive.

I'm 6ft2 so i rarely meet a girl who is taller than me that i fancy. I didnt realise this till recently when i was chatting with a girl in a casual setting where she had runners on then saw her on a night out where she was wearing high heels and when i was chatting to her i was looking up at her and it freaked the sh1t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tall girls are hard to find! 6 foot 6 myself. Most "tall" women are eye height.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Tall girls aren't my preference. I just like to be able to cuddle a smaller girl and feel like I protect them or something, don't know why. Don't think I could date a girl taller than me, would be a bit odd looking up at her and even worse when she wears heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭redorblack

Nothing wrong with tall girls but I do think flat shoes look better. High heels just look wrong if shes already tall.

Hazys wrote: »
    I didnt realise this till recently when i was chatting with a girl in a casual setting where she had runners on then saw her on a night out where she was wearing high heels and when i was chatting to her i was looking up at her and it freaked the sh1t out of me.

i hope you dont mind me asking, did you feel threatened or intimidated by her or was it unfamiliarity thing.What made her different being taller.

Would you feel the same if a woman was more qualified than you or earned more?

Because you do see how silly it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

I always thought that "how's the weather up there" was an insult:(

When I was in school one of my classmates said men like smaller women full stop. I didn't really like my height when I was younger, I suppose due to attitudes like this but Im quite comfortable with it now (Im around 5' 11"), although I still run from heels:o

When you see a picture of somebody you generally can't tell how tall they are. So if guys see a picture of someone they find attractive do they suddenly lose interest when they see them in person and discover they're taller?

I know several of you have said you do like taller women so I suppose this is more directed at those of you who don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm 5'11 in height and my older sister is 6 foot tall. I used to be extremely conscious of my height and never wore heels, now I wear them all the time. Everyone says fair play to me for wearing them and i honestly do feel alot better when im in them rather than flats, but my height is always on my conscious when i go out.
    I hate being as tall as I am, im happy with pretty much everything else about myself and I am a confident girl, its just in the back of my mind when I met a guy somewhere or when im walking down the street in heels and its not a great feeling!

I look for guys who are taller than me, but i have fallen for one or 2 who were noticeably smaller. It bothered me because it made me feel less feminine cause I was the taller one in the relationship! It just wan't nice so no matter what people say about height not mattering,whether its the boy or girl who cares, its going to bother someone in the relationship.

I am really surprised that no-one has suggested a tall girls in heels beers:p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

What an excellent idea!! There with heels on ;)

vitalic wrote: »
    What an excellent idea!! There with heels on ;)

Tall girls are the best. Heels FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CDfm wrote: »
    Tall girls are the best. Heels FTW.

and nice long shapley legs slumph :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

5'8 is grand. Any taller and it freaks me out because I'm only 5'9' myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement