Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Guys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

panda100 wrote: »
    I find ,in general, that tall men seem to go for small women.

So true , most tall girls (about 90 %) Correct me if I'm wrong , I've ever met look like absolute goddesses ,have catwalk figures , and they stand there towering over their friends not looking very comfortable with themselves and because they're probably not interested in shorter guys ,they close off their body language and don't smile . I've seen that a lot ,in fact last week there was an absolute blonde stunner at the bar around 6' when i went to order a drink i caught her checking me out and I didn't really feel compelled to talk to her cause she didn't really look that she was having fun.

OP youre not a freak ,lady ga ga is a freak and millions of people love her .Use what you have to your advantage.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I love tall men as i'm quite tall myself. I don't think there's such thing as too tall a man in my books :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Foxytocin

Ok, this is in response to the "Tall Girls" thread on the guys forum.

Girls often talk about "tall, dark and handsome" but how tall is too tall.

Personally I'm a 6 foot 7 guy but my options with girls are very limited since I'm seen nearly as some form of freak. 2 or 3 times a day I often to deal with questions from strangers about my height - and that is during daylight, you can only imagine what it is like when people have drink on them!

Go to south africa? you'd be average there! i do sympathise. i am only five foot one and i feel i would have been more confident being wihtin the range of 'average'.

come out with me, you could rest your pint on my head. (i haven't seen the original thread by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

At 5' 7" I love taller guys, guys the same height as me are cool aswell. Your not in any way abnormal! One of my close friends is 6ft and she finds it very hard to meet guys any where near her height!

Right I'm 6'6" and I always get girls coming up to me when I'm out and saying "You're really tall". I often wonder what exactly they are expecting me to say. I normally just smile and say "well spotted" or something like that and they often try and measure themselves beside me.

It's grand and I don't mind. I'm used to getting comments from lads and girls. But I often wonder what they expect me to say. I need to think of a better comeback than "well spotted".
    me too !

I'm 6'6' too and , I used to find it a really hard one to respond to.Its a real dead end line.

I found out from experience that girls only approach tall guys who are quiet with that line , if you are more extroverted girls will pick up on this and will just start talking to you off the cuff,or grab your hand and bring you to the dancefloor.

The best thing in this case is to either find some detail about her , and compliment her on it .for example, I really like your guess handbag ,I was thinking of getting one for my sis for her birthday ,etc or you can also learn a trick that will make her jaw drop, every guy I know good with women has at least one, not telling you mine, but for example michael scofield in prison break trick is the origami swan ,which is absolute genius ,take time find out our own, and work it . Really what you say is actually unimportant its only a pipeline to open communication.What's important is to be sincere and a gentleman.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

man, i'm only 5'10" and would love to be taller, women gravitate to tall lads. lucky fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

:o

Too tall? There is no such thing as TOO tall! Anyone under 6ft1 is too short in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

BumbleB wrote: »
    So true , most tall girls (about 90 %) Correct me if I'm wrong , I've ever met look like absolute goddesses ,have catwalk figures , and they stand there towering over their friends not looking very comfortable with themselves and because they're probably not interested in shorter guys ,they close off their body language and don't smile .
    From my own experience I find that most of my female friends are a good bit smaller than me and so you have to slouch down to hear what they're saying. On top of this you feel quite 'masculine' beside them cos you're towering over all the girls and many of the men too.
    Added to this that people with drink on them feel they can comment on how massive and tall you are,it does make you feel quite self concious sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

1 of my threads of a similar nature was closed before wonder whhy this hasnt been
    anyway im 6.1 and i do find the average irish girl height to be quite short say 5.5 ish for me anyway

ps i find tall girls extremely attractive but the majority iv talked to seem to have a disdain for their own heights hmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is just over 6 foot.

Sounds like a pretty big height difference actually, but it's not really seeing as I pretty much live in 4-5inch heels! He thinks its hilarious when I don't wear them, he has to pick me up to kiss me :D

As far as most of my friends are concerned - the taller the better. It's not like a guy's height is going to be a dealbreaker in a relationship anyways, but I think a lot of girls go for the whole cliched "tall, dark and handsome" look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'm 5'5 and a half and find guys over 6 foot really attractive!

Added to this that people with drink on them feel they can comment on how massive and tall you are,it does make you feel quite self concious sometimes.

Very interesting ,nice to hear your perspective.
    This probably explains the reason why a lot of tall girls close off and I can understand why girls would be like this, because if they were really nice and open they would get a lot of druken eejits annoying them.Also you can see the girls not comfortable with themselves just by body language etc.

A little bit off topic but...
    Its also understandable why a lot of tall guys would date smaller girls simply because those girls put themselves out more to try to meet those guys. Shorter girls really do have more confidence in doing this and they will say absolutely anything to catch you're attention .I've never been directly approached by a tall Irish girl (other nationalities yes) ever and it's a pity really .

Doozie wrote: »
    There's no such thing as too tall and tall guys should be explicitedly reserved for tall girls. :p

This is funny. My old flatmate years ago fell out with me for going out with a tall man when i'm so small!! She didn't want him herself, but I should have stood back and let a taller woman have him. I wish I had! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

I've read this thread with interest, and I have one thing to ask the Ladies: what male height would you consider as being tall? What's the definition?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Melange wrote: »
    I've read this thread with interest, and I have one thing to ask the Ladies: what male height would you consider as being tall? What's the definition?

How long is a piece of string?

I'm 4'10, so I think anyone above 5'5 is tall.

A girl of 5'10 is not going to think 5'5 is tall.

Its relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Silverfish wrote: »

Its relative.

True, but I think it's possible that there could be a rough consensus on what constitutes a tall man. You may look at a 5'6 man and think he's tall, but at the same time you know he's actually rather short as men go. See what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'd imagine take the average and add a few inches.... Its more relative to what the general population's height really.

I'd say anything above 6 1 or 2 is tall.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

True, but I think it's possible that there could be a rough consensus on what constitutes a tall man. You may look at a 5'6 man and think he's tall, but at the same time you know he's actually rather short as men go. See what I mean?

Okay, well I'd say anything over 6' is tall. Anything over 6'5 is really tall.

:confused:

I'd imagine ladies feel the same about it as men, that anything above the average would be 'tall'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think I'm tall, but I don't think people shorter than me are tall, which I know is hopelessly silly, but that's my messed up logic for you! I suppose 6' upwards? (The taller the better though, really.)

I think the average man is about five 9 and the average woman about five 4, although that might be more amongst the youngest generation of adults. SO, I think women are hardwired to find that difference of 5 to 6 inches attractive.

just a theory, and not carved in stone. Women can list off what they think they find 'ideal' but then somebody REAL blows all your theories out of the water. It's not an exact science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'd consider anything above 6'3" or 6'4" tall. I'm just over 5'9". My last ex was (or, is..) about 6'4". I considered him tall.

To be honest height doesn't really have a huge impact on attractiveness for me. Even though I'm quite tall myself. The two guys I've kinda been seeing at the moment are just about the same height as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

joes girls wrote: »
    crazy talk!!!.
    I love talk guys, think nothing better than someone talker than me. But i love being the shorty!!
    Why anyone would call you a freak is just silly.
    Walk proud and look down on them that call you names!

Big hangover head posting!!!.....why i used talk instead of tall, i dont know!!!
    Now i cant even edit:o:o:o!

I love tall guys was all i should of said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IndigoStarr

I love tall men! My boyfriend is a foot taller than me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

mrDerek wrote: »
    1 of my threads of a similar nature was closed before wonder whhy this hasnt been
    anyway im 6.1 and i do find the average irish girl height to be quite short say 5.5 ish for me anyway

If a girl of 5'5 is too short for you then what is the minimum height you would like a girl to be?
    mrDerek wrote: »
    ps i find tall girls extremely attractive but the majority iv talked to seem to have a disdain for their own heights hmmmmmm

I don't think those girls should judge a person on height alone, remember that bad attitudes come in all shapes, sizes and heights and a bad attitude is often the first thing a girl notices before a guy's height or anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

Silverfish wrote: »

Its relative.

i'm 4'11, i love tall guys, 6' if possible :D

dh is 5'11

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

I'm a tall girl also around 6 foot…and I like to wear heels too (which brings about the "your so tall" comments...also yet to come up with a good reply to that only "really?, you're joking" )!!

So taller men are very attractive to me but so are smaller men...but sure when you spark you spark..its certainly not something that would put me off a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

From my own experience I find that most of my female friends are a good bit smaller than me and so you have to slouch down to hear what they're saying. On top of this you feel quite 'masculine' beside them cos you're towering over all the girls and many of the men too.

There should be tall places where we don't hit our heads, and we can all go there with straight backs and be comfy.

I'm 6'4" and I love tall women, I always will. Unfortunately I live in a hobbit village, and apart from the odd passing Wizard, there aren't that many tall people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I LOVE tall men!

If truth be known I actually have a little bit of a thing for them! I'm 5ft 4in and the last guy I was seeing was 6ft 2in. Loved it! I like feeling small and having the man I'm with be tall and like he could protect me.

Although have to agree with another girl here, I like broad shoulders (men that fill their height if that makes sense), not tall and thin.

Saying that I've been with men 5ft 9 or so and it isin't a problem, being tall isin't a must but I have to say there is something about a tall men that does it! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

chompy wrote: »
    There should be tall places where we don't hit our heads, and we can all go there with straight backs and be comfy.

I'm 6'4" and I love tall women, I always will. Unfortunately I live in a hobbit village, and apart from the odd passing Wizard, there aren't that many tall people around.

Dublin isnt too bad height wise,there is quite a lot of tall women and men so you dont stick out as much.
    Limerick on the other hand really is hobbit city. Everytime I go into the shops I get stared and pointed at :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Like tall lads now myself! All my mates say I like the "narrow" type but I don't mind really! Love broad shoulders as well when they're tall!

I'm not all that tall myself and as much as I complain about it I like it when I'm with a lad who's taller! They can protect me then! ;) I totally play on the being smaller thing! :D

Advertisement