Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tall girls?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

doesnt seem to bother Nicholas Sarkhozy :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

doesnt seem to bother Nicholas Sarkhozy :D lol

He always wears platformed shoes though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

KTRIC wrote: »
    I'm 6ft 4 myself and love tall women. 2 of my ex's were tall and one was the same height as me.

2 were tall- and one was the same height as you?
    How tall were the two tall girls!!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im 5ft 11,My wife is 5 ft 11.

She puts on the heels and is suddenly 6ft 2 or more and then I feel small.

I need platforms aswell!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

smccarrick wrote: »
    2 were tall- and one was the same height as you?
    How tall were the two tall girls!!! :D

Sorry, me no speak good english today :rolleyes:

Let me try and articulate myself a little better.

I had two tall girlfriends, one was about 6ft and the other was the same height as me , which would be 6ft 4.

Living in Ze Vaterland is having a serious negative effect on my English.

• Advertisement

Sorry, me no speak good english today :rolleyes:

Let me try and articulate myself a little better.

I had two tall girlfriends, one was about 6ft and the other was the same height as me , which would be 6ft 4.

Living in Ze Vaterland is having a serious negative effect on my English.

Lol- I had visions of giant women wandering around the Bayerische waldern.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

My GF is 5'10" and she's sexy. I'm 6'1" so a nice fit really and doesn't like mad heels, so always just a tinchy bit smaller on a night out.

Height has never put me off chatting up a hot girl, all you wimmins are sexy and everyone needs lovin.

Although tbh if I had to describe a fantasy girl it would be the short petite frame typically.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Lol- I had visions of giant women wandering around the Bayerische waldern.......

I f*cking wish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I'm just shy of 5' 9" and I would have no problem dating somebody taller than me - I love legs :pac:.

Generally I've found that taller women do have a problem with a shorter man which is a pity. Although this is all theoretical at this stage - my wife is 5foot nothing!

I noticed that being this tall attracts tall women because they don't want to be with smaller guys.

So it has advantages. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Just to defend us small girls...we can have long legs you know! Have always found that I went for the tall guys (and they went for me). It would be difficult for a man to be smaller than me but my mum was only 4ft 11in. Would not date a smaller guy, I like them to be tall and strong.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Just to defend us small girls...we can have long legs you know! Have always found that I went for the tall guys (and they went for me). It would be difficult for a man to be smaller than me but my mum was only 4ft 11in. Would not date a smaller guy, I like them to be tall and strong.

Lol....
    I guess I'm lucky- I'm only 5'9"......

Oh get a room you two :rolleyes:

tall girls with long legs are more elegant imo and probably get away with carrying a pound or two more than a smaller girl would. not too tall tho - girls over 5'11 are moving out of the elegant territory and into the gangly area...

OK, am female but the tall women always look stunning, hard to find a small pretty woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

OK, am female but the tall women always look stunning, hard to find a small pretty woman.

thats not true there are many pretty smalll women :cool:

I just like long legs excuse the crudness but i may as well be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Have to disagree most strongly! I think petite women are gorgeous! You want to just put them in your pocket :P

I'm 5'6 and I'd tend to go for taller guys - but I'm not that tall myself so it's not an issue! I think a lot of women prefer to be with guys taller than them, so for those reasons men might not approach tall women.

shellyboo wrote: »
    Have to disagree most strongly! I think petite women are gorgeous! You want to just put them in your pocket :P

I'm 5'6 and I'd tend to go for taller guys - but I'm not that tall myself so it's not an issue! I think a lot of women prefer to be with guys taller than them, so for those reasons men might not approach tall women.
    I'm 5ft 1.5in but if you are smaller it is a lot harder to have an hourglass figure without being very light...5ft 6in would be quite tall and elegant to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I'm 5ft 1.5in but if you are smaller it is a lot harder to have an hourglass figure without being very light...5ft 6in would be quite tall and elegant to me.

*giggle* I am far from elegant :D I get your point though... I've just always loved people who are built on that really slight, pixie-like scale - it's so pretty!

cathy beleave me petit women are just as a attractive as, taller women...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

I noticed that being this tall attracts tall women because they don't want to be with smaller guys.

So it has advantages. :D

Oh a guy being tall is definitely a major advantage in my books.... I'd pick out the tall guys on a night out straight away... then again that could be because I'm looking over the shorter guys' heads :D

vitalic wrote: »
    Oh a guy being tall is definitely a major advantage in my books.... I'd pick out the tall guys on a night out straight away... then again that could be because I'm looking over the shorter guys' heads :D

Oh reeeealy

How you doin' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

I love people watching and I have rarely seen a tall woman (6' in 4" heels) seek out a shorter guy (regardless of appearance) though I have seen a few shorter men seek our taller women. I guess subconsciously he wants taller kids. However I have seen plenty of the opposite. The future is looking short for women. All said I find people go for others of the same hip height as themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

My girlfriend is the same height as me but towers over me in high heels. She asked me out.

I used to be afflicted by the shorter women syndrome but not now. ;)

Tall girls are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Tall girl=more for me;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm probably not the best sample (6'5, and have never dated anyone my height or taller), but my immediate thought is that snogging someone taller than me would instinctively feel wrong. There are various muscles I 'expect' to use, and positions which I think feel normal which wouldn't apply.

Besides, kindof hard to feel all manly and protective when the object of your affections is bigger than you! (Not saying you can't, but it's so far beyond normal for me, I think the three 6'6 women I've met in my life would be out of luck)

It's pretty much an absolute, though. As tall, taller, less tall. I guess a problem might occur if it was "Short enough that I need to get down on my knees", but I've never dated anyone that short either.

NTM

Besides, kindof hard to feel all manly and protective when the object of your affections is bigger than you! (Not saying you can't, but it's so far beyond normal for me, I think the three 6'6 women I've met in my life would be out of luck)

Have to agree with you. Its not that I'd feel intimidated by a taller woman (there aren't all that many over 5'10" anyhow- never mind the 6'6" giants you're acquainted with)- just instinctively it feels wrong.

There are some other considerations when your wife or significant other is lots shorter than you- for instance, can you persuade her to sleep higher up in the bed so the covers aren't half way down your chest (particularly with the cold winter beginning to make itself felt...... Hmmmm- I think I need to have a little chat with my wifey later...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Was out last night, loadsa tall women about and all drop dead gorgeous. Was admiring from afar.

Go tall women :D

Will wrote: »
    Was out last night, loadsa tall women about and all drop dead gorgeous. Was admiring from afar.

Go tall women :D

this will sound really dumb but the way my mind works im not ashamed of it

why did'nt you ask the : Whats the weather like up there :o

il hang my head in shame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Well they were about 2 - 3 inches taller than me and we were inside so weather would be much the same for us all, not the best chat up line ever :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement