Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tall girls?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

vitalic wrote: »
    Would guys agree, would you be less attracted/less likely to chat up a girl who is taller than you?

Height isn't the factor in me being intimidated in talking/chatting up someone, but now that I think of it I can't think of any time I have chatted up someone tall. That saying, I'm tall (5ft11 - 6ft) so if someone is the same height as me I don't recognise it as being tall, I just see it as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i'm quite tall myself....6'5 ... i can imagine how some women who are tall might not like there height especially when they were at a young age. i was always tall in comparison to my peers and did feel like bit of a freak.... i remember my feet were so big size 11 when i was like 12 that i used to get upse because i thought i wouldnt be able to get shoes that fit me soon lol :) .

Nowadays i see it as a blessing..... i think tall women are attractive as other sized women. I know some men dont like women who are taller than them but that shouldnt stop you talking to all men who are smaller...

as for the high heels... slap them on girls... we love to see them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

this will sound really dumb but the way my mind works im not ashamed of it

why did'nt you ask the : Whats the weather like up there :o

il hang my head in shame

On behalf of tall women everywhere,please,please do not use this line again! It is not funny,it is not interesting, we've heared it a squillion times before and is just plain cringey. It also makes tall women feel even more self concious of their height!

Im 6'1 and generally do find that my height intimidates a lot of guys,I think. I would be chatted up a lot lot less than my shorter friends. Height isn't really a big issue for me though and I have dated a few men shorter than me. At the end of the day If hes got a good sense of humor and can make me laugh,I dont care what height he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

panda100 wrote: »
    On behalf of tall women everywhere,please,please do not use this line again! It is not funny,it is not interesting, we've heared it a squillion times before and is just plain cringey. It also makes tall women feel even more self concious of their height!

Im 6'1 and generally do find that my height intimidates a lot of guys,I think. I would be chatted up a lot lot less than my shorter friends. Height isn't really a big issue for me though and I have dated a few men shorter than me. At the end of the day If hes got a good sense of humor and can make me laugh,I dont care what height he is.

Im 6.1 it doesnt bother me as a hole if a woman taller then me.
    My Ideal woman is jodie kidd shes hot got Long legs and like fast cars and looks like a hole lot of fun to be around.

Id never even think about saying the above at all, It wasa joke humor at its very worst
    call me a bone head if you must but i ment it in the sillyist way :).....

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

I'm 6'4" and I love tall women (there aren't that many in Rush though).

I suppose it would be a bit odd to look up, so I doubt I'd find myself with a taller woman, at least not that much taller, a couple of inches maybe.

I think the closer your heights, the more natural it feels. I've often gone out with girls a foot shorter than me, it is always a little weird standing beside each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

All wimmins are taller than me!!!

:(

And me! But it has its advantages, because your line of vision is slightly lower (.)(.) (if you're that way inclined). I like tall women :D

So ladies, just before you give me a slap for staring, technically speaking, its not my fault I was looking at your chest :P

I've always had to work from the feet up too so if you have good shoes on I'll take an interest, heels are good in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

marwelie wrote: »
    And me! But it has its advantages, because your line of vision is slightly lower (.)(.) (if you're that way inclined). I like tall women :D

I still get slagged by a tall friend over an incident last Xmas. Great graphical representation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think when you have a spark with someone, pre-concieved notions of criteria go out the window.

/Thread

I went out with a girl taller than me for over a year, and it was never an issue.
    I can understand why most blokes (and women) would have a problem with it but I personally don't give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm about 5'10
    Im 6'1
    I'm 5'11
    I see small people :P

=-=

As for the "how's the weather up there" jobe, my response is usually one of the following: "f**k you" "piss off, or I'll stand on you" or "oh, look! a talking barstool (then place a pint glass on their head)" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

All the same height on their back :pac:

• Advertisement

Dboy85 wrote: »
    All the same height on their back :pac:

that sounds like the voice of inexperience:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

CDfm wrote: »
    that sounds like the voice of inexperience:pac:

Ask yer ma she'll tell ya all ya need to know! I taut her everything she knows:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Girls with long legs To me thats a real turn on girls BEAUTIFULL:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

if your good looking i don't care if your 7 feet tall tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

If youre goodlooking or whatever obviously no ones going to say no based on your height alone, but generally I reckon tallness is masculating somewhat and as such I dont find it particularly attractive in a female.

nm wrote: »
    If youre goodlooking or whatever obviously no ones going to say no based on your height alone, but generally I reckon tallness is emasculating somewhat and as such I dont find it particularly attractive in a female.

WOW - Im shocked how can you see a girls tallness as emasculating you

haha sorry - typo corrected

haha sorry - typo corrected

it may be that your preference is petite but how does tallness masculate a woman

i would see it as the opposite that thinness etc asexualises a woman and my idea of hell would be a lollipop oompa lumpa

My preference is my preference but in general a huge giant woman would be masculated by her height in more or less in the same way she would if she had Hulk Hogan style biceps or a seriously muscular frame.

This would be common enough opinion conscious or unconscious, the examples above are predominately male features. Not to say that women cant, dont, or shouldnt have any of these, but in general they're predominately male features are they not? Excessive tallness is another, thats all I'm getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Tell me what is more sexy than a tall girl wearing jeans and high boots. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

red bull wrote: »
    Tell me what is more sexy than a tall girl wearing jeans and high boots. :)

a naked girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

My preference is my preference but in general a huge giant woman would be masculated by her height in more or less in the same way she would if she had Hulk Hogan style biceps or a seriously muscular frame.

So does that mean that short men are emasculated by their height? ;)

This would be common enough opinion conscious or unconscious, the examples above are predominately male features. Not to say that women cant, dont, or shouldnt have any of these, but in general they're predominately male features are they not? Excessive tallness is another, thats all I'm getting at.

I can see where you are coming from. I have a friend who is very tall and she often helps me on with my coat after we meet for coffee. She is so feminine its unreal and if that sort of think unnerves you ok. Lots of people would be in awe of her.

I would be in awe of her too... if she was in a cage at the circus, alongside the bearded lady.

Look it has nothing to do with me or anyone else being unnerved or insecure in their height next to these giant beasts, I'm just offering the opinion that a lot of men would rather a normal sized woman to a huge one. Its not a big deal or an extreme opinion, its just one preference if one were given the choice.

I doubt very much that that's even a minority opinion, likely a lot of posters on here just declined to say so for fear of hurting the feelings of the female bohemoths that started this thread (maybe for fear of getting beaten up by them, who knows)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

well as im 5"8 myself i dont actually mind taller girls as long as they are not 9 foot so id look like their child or something:D but anything up to 6 foot or so is grand:D as long as they are hot:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭m19

I'm 5'9 and i've never wanted to be smaller,
    I haven't ever found it bothers guys, it's
    just a matter of personal preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Taller girls always catch my eye but I'd nearly never try and chat one up, it adds a whole new element to the usual pretty girl fear of rejection lark.
    I guess I'll just admire from afar until I get over being shy in such situations :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

one thing i always say though never be shy of aproaching a girl. just walk over say hey bla bla bla and the worst she can do to you is reject you. if you get rejected have a drink and try again. no biggy. of course i talk a big game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

If youre goodlooking or whatever obviously no ones going to say no based on your height alone, but generally I reckon tallness is masculating somewhat and as such I dont find it particularly attractive in a female.

If thats what youre getting at .I wouldn't agree catwalk models and all the tall girls I've ever seen dont look mascaline to me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Tall does not automatically say masculine at all, what's wrong with you.
    There may be a thread somewhere for 'Women with "Hulk Hogan style biceps or a seriously muscular frame"' but this isn't it.

A tall feminine woman is a sight to behold, I don't appreciate any bad stuff said against them based on their height.
    Like I said before, I'm 6'4 and Love tall women, my only complaint is I don't see them enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement