Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tall girls?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Will wrote: »
    Well they were about 2 - 3 inches taller than me and we were inside so weather would be much the same for us all, not the best chat up line ever :p

Is that 2"/3" with or without high heel assistance?
    Does anyone else notice how its always the taller girls who wear high heels- making them seem even taller than they actually are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I wasn't lookin at their shoes/heels to be very honest :D

vaguely recall some wearing high heels and others not. Something very elegant about a tall woman, hmm.

I wasn't lookin at their shoes/heels to be very honest :D

I suppose the extra couple of inches changes your line of sight somewhat...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Well they were about 2 - 3 inches taller than me and we were inside so weather would be much the same for us all, not the best chat up line ever :p

leave my chat up lines alone they actually work....

sometimes.

Well they stood out a lot more than the other women there

snow monkey - keep on truckin :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

All wimmins are taller than me!!!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Well they stood out a lot more than the other women there

snow monkey - keep on truckin :p

I can resist.. I must resist whats going on in my sick demented perverted mind :( i feel supressed.

muckin man i live in the country I own wellys :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Coyote

to answer the question asked by the first poster yes

but I don't think that it's that most guys don't like lady's that are taller.

more do to with that most guys who are not tall 6 foot plus have found
    that a fair number of lady's don't like guys shorter than themselves.
    so they don't bother trying to chat them up if there is a other just as pretty
    shorter girl who they thing they might have a better chance with.

I know one tall girl 6 foot who never seems to date anyone over 5.7
    and I sure loads of tall girls don't have a hang up about it, but a good number
    of average height one's seem to.

I'm not tall or very short 5 foot 10 but one time I had a girl laugh out loud and
    say she would never date someone as short as me and she was only the same
    height as me. if I did that and said I would never date a girl who had less than
    a C/D cup it would be thought of as total shallow (as it should) but it seems
    it's ok to say that about a guys height.

Coyote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

smccarrick wrote: »
    Is that 2"/3" with or without high heel assistance?
    Does anyone else notice how its always the taller girls who wear high heels- making them seem even taller than they actually are?

Mr McCarrick your days of admiring the more stauesque of the species are long over and you are biased.:pac:

I'm probably not the best sample (6'5, and have never dated anyone my height or taller), but my immediate thought is that snogging someone taller than me would instinctively feel wrong. There are various muscles I 'expect' to use, and positions which I think feel normal which wouldn't apply.

Machismo Central. Ah MM - with your height and given the hetero nature of the thread the likeliehood of you casually bumping into dateables taller than you is well slim unless ahem:p

(No disrespect meant to any non hetero people here)

All wimmins are taller than me!!!

Tut tut lads - the correct way to approach a tall woman in high heels is to admire their shoes or gorgeous clothes. Tall girls have to be more appearence conscious as tall girl clothes have to be sought out and like to be complimented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Where do you get this notion that tall women don't like short men?? Especially in this country where the average height of a guy is what 5ft 9' or so you do get used to being with men that you are as tall as/taller than; regardless of the heels factor. I can't say that it bothers me; or indeed any of my tall friends. I would say if anything that men have far more of an issue with tall women in a lot of cases than vice versa.

• Advertisement

Well Madame Razz I think you need to dispense some asking a tall girl out or even talking to one.

There seems to be an outbreak of midget mania.

Seen this on reddit today - http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/972219/worlds-tallest-model-hits-mag

World's tallest model gracing cover of some magazine.

205cm in 6' 7" btw

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

My wife is 5"9 which is just an inch smaller than me. She tends to wear small heels because she doesnt want to look taller than me.
    Anyway a fallen tree is easily climbed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Where do you get this notion that tall women don't like short men??

There was a thread in The Ladies Lounge earlier this year called How Low would you go, or something close to that. In that the majority of girls said they have a preference for guys taller than them, and a significant ammount said they wouldn't even consider dating a guy who wasn't taller.

I can't seem to find it if I do I'll post link, but by no means would I say this heightism is a male only thing.

cruizer101 wrote: »
    There was a thread in The Ladies Lounge earlier this year called How Low would you go, or something close to that. In that the majority of girls said they have a preference for guys taller than them, and a significant ammount said they wouldn't even consider dating a guy who wasn't taller.

I can't seem to find it if I do I'll post link, but by no means would I say this heightism is a male only thing.

I still maintain that average height women and tall women have differing opinions on this. Most tall women are taller than your average heighted Irish male. Other criteria narrow the 'field' enough; if a tall woman added height to the list she'd want to be looking forward to a lonely life tbh. You do get very used to being slightly taller or the same size as your OH when you are my height.

However I can understand why/how men under 5ft 6' or so may be at a disadvantage. But any man of 5ft 8' upwards is simply being paranoid tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Im a 5'11 gal, and have a twin of nearly the same height. When we are out its a bit like two sky scrapers towering over everyone else which I hate but she loves. I tend to go into a place and peer over the heads of people trying to spot if theres any tall fellas about. I bloody love tall men, the taller the better I think cause it makes me feel small and feminine. We both generally never go for smaller guys, even the cute ones. i definatly wish I was a few inches smaller (except at gigs!) and would never wear high heels...though wish i could sometimes :)

Doolee wrote: »
    would never wear high heels...though wish i could sometimes :)

Wear them on your next night out and see how many shorter guys you can chat up;)

Smaller isn't always more feminine and taller might mean more capable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Out of curiosity I had a look at average height on Wikipedia, just thought I'd put them up here also.

In Ireland the average heights are Men: 5'9.8" and Women: 5'4.8"

Thats only 5 inches difference and considering girls wearing heels will increase their height by another 2 or 3 inches there isn't a huge difference.

Of course these numbers don't show the big range of heights there are, I myself am male below the female average.

Edit: I also found that other thread 'how low will you go': http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055303045

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I'd take those stats with a grain of salt. They were self reported and not a huge sample. Interestingly, men apparently over judge their height more than women.

I myself am male below the female average.

Well Cruizer - I am around 5' 9" as is my OH who loves her heels so that goes up to 6' 2" at times.

I have a reasonable job -well read and love my clothes and my g/f.

We were out on saturday and there was a group near us where all the women were taller than the men.

There is more to life than height - fine you may need to look outside your age range a bit but I am sure you have lots of things going for you.

I don't know how true it is but I have heard that the must have in a boyfriend right now is a job:pac:

I wonder if you did a short and employed vs tall and unemployed to the same women who would win.

• Advertisement

I'm just shy of 5'9" and used to be paranoid as hell about my height. Ever since I started travelling on the continent a lot- I've come to be a lot more accepting- some countries have much shorter populations on average. I'm always beaming a smile as I walk anywhere in Portugal- inevitably a good head higher than almost anyone else nearby......

My OH is just over 5ft 9' and tho I love him dearly I won't be compromising my heels for him anytime soon; not that it bothers him anyway. Heels are the schizz; no man could ever persuade me not to wear them tbh:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

In the end of the day height is rarely a dealbreaker, personality and intelligence or lack therin would be. My husband is several inches smaller than the guys I normally dated (he is still 6.5 inches taller than me) but it makes kissing easier and he is a wonderful guy.

My OH is just over 5ft 9' and tho I love him dearly I won't be compromising my heels for him anytime soon; not that it bothers him anyway. Heels are the schizz; no man could ever persuade me not to wear them tbh:)

I would hope not and snuggling up with a taller girl is just awesome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

My Aunt is 6 foot and her husband is around 5"5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Out of curiosity I had a look at average height on Wikipedia, just thought I'd put them up here also.

In Ireland the average heights are Men: 5'9.8" and Women: 5'4.8"

Oh look, I'm about the height of the average man then.

I'm a tall girl (not even that tall) and my height bothered me a lot when I was younger, not as much anymore. I've often felt that fellas aren't attracted to me as I am often taller than them. I NEVER wear heels. But that's mainly because they are really uncomfortable. But the height thing comes into it too. My last boyfriend was 6'4" or so so that was great!

cocoa wrote: »
    I'd take those stats with a grain of salt. They were self reported and not a huge sample. Interestingly, men apparently over judge their height more than women.

I've found that Men who accurately judge/admit their height, are in the minority.

I really doubt that just under 5ft 10 is the average height for irish men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I've found that Men who accurately judge/admit their height, are in the minority.

I really doubt that just under 5ft 10 is the average height for irish men.

That's so true! I'm exactly the supposed male average of 5ft9.8 and I seem to tower over lots of guys claiming to be 5ft11, and that's in flat shoes!!

And a +1 to the poster who said no man will ever persuade me not to wear heels :)

I'm not so sure I doubt the average height for irish men tho. I think this might actually be true nowadays. It certainly was not the case when I was in my teens, but now that I'm in my late thirties I can see that young guys in their teens and twenties are definitely getting taller! I'm not eyeing them up I swear, just a bit of research! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Moonbaby wrote: »

I know what you mean, I'm a little over 6', so I usually say 6'1" cos it sounds a lot taller for some reason but I have friends who look at me and say there's no way i'm 6' maybe 5'11" but then they claim to be 5'10" or 5'11" and i'm way taller than them.

I'm not skinny and I wear baggy clothes so maybe I don't look as tall as I am but there's no way one of my mates is the 5'11" he claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

Haha oh the irony... so since I posted originally, I met a guy out last weekend who was so attractive and ever so slightly shorter than me... first time I've ever fancied a guy shorter than me... should have asked his views on the height debate LOL!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement