Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Guys

Options
  • 31-12-2009 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Ok, this is in response to the "Tall Girls" thread on the guys forum.

Girls often talk about "tall, dark and handsome" but how tall is too tall.

Personally I'm a 6 foot 7 guy but my options with girls are very limited since I'm seen nearly as some form of freak. 2 or 3 times a day I often to deal with questions from strangers about my height - and that is during daylight, you can only imagine what it is like when people have drink on them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

I'd say that is a bit too tall. But I'm sure there is a 6 foot woman out there that wouldn't be put off.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No such thing as too tall in my book anyway.

Two of my female friends are 5 foot nothing and going out with lads your height OP (even taller in one case).

My husband is just a few inches taller than me. When I was walking around Dublin a few months ago with my friends tall BF and we encountered a group of scummers I was expecting the usual threatening banter I get, they all put the heads down when they saw my friend's fella's height. LOL.

Anyway I actually don't know any of my friends who would think your height would be unattractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭georgem25

I am very attracted to tall guys - I have never yet met anyone too tall but definitely met plenty too small. I am 5 foot 5.

A friend of mine - 5 foot nothing married a guy 6 foot 5. She often dated guys a lot taller than her.

Another friend is 6 foot and she always joked about marrying a tall man (for the photos) and having kids with a small man as she had such a hard time growing up.

Enjoy your height!!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

You should take a trip up to Scandinavia, there are plenty of girls in for example Sweden around the 6ft mark, and no-one would even bat en eye-lid for 6ft7 there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

crazy talk!!!.
    I love talk guys, think nothing better than someone talker than me. But i love being the shorty!!
    Why anyone would call you a freak is just silly.
    Walk proud and look down on them that call you names!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's not about how tall you are, it's about how you carry yourself. A lot of tall people - both male and female - slouch and don't stand up straight. I don't expect everyone to have a dancer's posture, I'm not short (5' 11") and I know height can make you feel conspicuous, but it's about confidence really.

I live with two guys, both are more than 6ft tall, but they're about the same height. While one stands up straight the other slouches and if you were to pass both of them together you'd say the one who stands up straight was much more confident than the other, which isn't necessarily true.

This might get me lynched, but there's nothing like being made to feel a bit dainty at times, and you need a guy who's taller than you for that imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Im close on 6 foot and I reckon the taller the better in guys. Its fantastic and makes a tall girl feel small which is lovely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

My cousins are 6"4 is 6"7 and my brother-in-law 6"5 so I'm used to tall guys, doesn't bother me. Both my cousins are married to women who are under 5"5. I've dated taller and shorter guys, I don't have a height preference.

One of my friends is 6"8 - a good foot taller than the next tallest in our group and she married a very, very tall fella - a 7 footer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I'm 6'6 and its always been advantageous with the ladies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

theres no such thing as a too tall guy in my books,i adore tall men,the taller the better!i wont go near any guy thats not at least a good few inchs taller thhan me,its probably cause im around 5"9 and tall men are few and far between in ireland,if a guy is shorter than me its an instant turn off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I'm 5 ft 1 and used to have a serious thing for tall guys - went out with a guy who was 6 ft 6 for a bit. But now I find that it's just not practical! 5 10-ish is the perfect height for me coz I still feel tiny, but don't get mistaken for his kid sister!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

There's no such thing as too tall and tall guys should be explicitedly reserved for tall girls. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'm 6'4 and spent five years on and off with a girl who was 5'1. It was awkward at times in terms of kissing and stuff at the start but you get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Doozie wrote: »
    There's no such thing as too tall and tall guys should be explicitedly reserved for tall girls. :p

I find ,in general, that tall men seem to go for small women.

I love tall men as I am 6'1. Been out with lots of guys taller and smaller than me,but I prefer taller as its easier for smooching.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Didn't stop this fella
    Fabien Pretou, who was born on June 15, 1968 in France is 188.5 centimeters tall. His wife Natalilu Hughes was born on January 19, 1966 and is 94 centimeters tall. They married on April 14, 1990 in France. The height difference between them is 94.5 centimeters.

http://life.globaltimes.cn/odd/2009-11/485871_2.html

Yeah...and its described as one of the world's 'oddest couples'. I hope he knows a good chiropractor!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

This thread is giving me some hope! I'm 6 foot 2 or 3. Thought in general girls preferred more average height guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

my boyfriends about 6'5'' and i'm about 5'3''.
    i love the height difference, i love to feel small and dainty sometimes!
    the smooching can be a bit difficult when standing though and i do get a pretty bad pain in my neck sometimes! but we've learned to work around it!

i can see why the OP might be a bit worried though, people have mixed reactions to my boyfriends height, mainly from other men and older people. he gets a lot of comments, some negative, about it and i know that would be enough to make me paranoid!

i love that he's tall though and girls all think its cute that i'm a bit tiny and he's tall so i don't think you should have problems with the ladies at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I love tall guys. I'm 5'3" and 3 of the times I've worn flats out, I've ended up gaining the attention of guys at least 6'4" or so! It's great, and they seemed to like the fact I was small! Wouldn't get that attention from them in my heels! Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oh I LOVE tall fellas. Not lanky stringy ones, they've got to have broad chest/ shoulders.

Vince Vaughn (6' 5)
    John Cleese (6' 4¾)
    Jason Segel (6' 4)

My boyfriend is 6 ft tall in his Docs. It's perfect hugging size :)

It's possible the attraction stems from my being only 5 ft tall :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Oh I LOVE tall fellas. Not lanky stringy ones, they've got to have broad chest/ shoulders.

Vince Vaughn (6' 5)
    John Cleese (6' 4¾)
    Jason Segel (6' 4)

My boyfriend is 6 ft tall in his Docs. It's perfect hugging size :)

It's possible the attraction stems from my being only 5 ft tall :o

Cleese ain't buff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

@OP - My 5'11 girlfriend would like to have your babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

most of the women i know love tall guys sadly i am not tall just 5 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Cleese ain't buff!

But he's funny and has such pretty eyes.... :rolleyes::D

I was just thinking of tall actors that I rather fancy.

None of those guys are particularly buff, just that they aren't skinny. I always though John Cleese was quite lean in his day, like in The Life of Brian. And he fills out a suit nicely.

But yea, he's pretty gangly with his crazy legs :D

Anywho back on topic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Blush_01 wrote: »
    slouch and don't stand up straight
    You'd be amazed on how many door frames your head misses when you slouch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Polar Girl

Lots of women love tall men as they feel very protected and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Doozie wrote: »
    Yeah...and its described as one of the world's 'oddest couples'. I hope he knows a good chiropractor!

I put it in for some perspective.

Get back in your box. Go on. Back in there.

I put it in for some perspective.

Get back in your box. Go on. Back in there.

:pac: Hey! I know perspective.
    This is a small person, but the ones outside are farrrrrr away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Right I'm 6'6" and I always get girls coming up to me when I'm out and saying "You're really tall". I often wonder what exactly they are expecting me to say. I normally just smile and say "well spotted" or something like that and they often try and measure themselves beside me.

It's grand and I don't mind. I'm used to getting comments from lads and girls. But I often wonder what they expect me to say. I need to think of a better comeback than "well spotted".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

how about..."really...I always thought I was kind of small"...and then look really sad and disappointed and have a little cry into your glass and run to the loo!!!:P

Advertisement