Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Frogy

I stayed in The Pembroke hotel in Kilkenny recently. Was lovely and food in the restaurant great as well. The Mermaid restaurant on Dame excellant. Krugers Pub in Howth great and have a good kids menu. Good value as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

My favourite restaurant is Gotham Cafe, on Anne Street just off Grafton Street in Dublin. Lovely service and the food is fantastic, the guacamole being my favourite. Great lunch time menu as well. The walls are covered in Rolling stones magazines which are a fun distraction if your date has gone to the toilet, or is boring you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

Thanks Michael & Darragh,

My favourite resaurant at the moment is Cactus Jacks because:

A. I love Mexican food.
    B. I love the location of the restaurant
    C. The service is excellent

and finally
    D. the Tequilla and Lime cheesecake for desert. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭28064212

My favourite restaurant is Fallon and Byrne's on Exchequer Street, Dublin. The staff are polite and attentive, without being intrusive, and the food is nothing short of spectacular

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MonicaWonder

My favourite in Dublin at the moment is Kanum Thai on Mespil Road. Really good Thai food at great prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bobby Hill

My favourite hotel in Galway is the Galway Bay Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 guess

great competition, I like chapter 1 dublin, nice pretheatre menu!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I love Wagamama at the Stephens Green centre. Great food at good prices, does it for me everytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Wannabe!

Wow - great comp!

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Fallon & Byrne - love the food and the atmosphere - and the little wine bar in the basement!

In Galway I'm loving Basilico in Oranmore - gorgeous Italian food!!! yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

yamamori noodles in Dublin just off Dame Street

If you like asian food then this hits the spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

My favourite restaurant in Dublin at the moment is Taste in Monkstown. Great value even when your not going for the early bird, fantastic and helpful waiting staff and beautiful surrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MedGal

For food:

The best meal I ever had in Dublin was in Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud (at Merrion Hotel). It was a birthday surprise and a truly memorable experience.

For something a little less formal but equally remarkable, Marco Pierre White's restaurant on Dawson Street is my new favourite. Mouth watering steaks and the most delicious, melt-in-mouth desserts (especially Eton Mess).

For something cheap and tasty: The Cedar Tree, Tante Zoes & Yamamori.

For accomodation:

The Morrison hotel is tastefully decorated (by John Rocha I believe), has a lovely relaxing bar and friendly staff.

The Westbury is a very nice hotel, you can grab nice food and there too.

For something a bit further out of town try Louis Fitzgerald Hotel (Naas Road) for nice rooms, food, bar, warm & friendly and just a Luas trip away.

The Beacon Hotel (Sandyford) also offers great deals. The hotel is really trend and the decor is exciting. They have a nice Thai restaurant there which is reasonably priced and again is just a Luas journey from the city centre. They have a very good valued deal here for 1 night b&b & evening meal for 2 all for €150 per couple which is one of the best deals I've heard of at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

an Sugan in Clonakilty for the most amazing fish dish! so relaxing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Excellent Competition

My favourite restaurant at the moment is FXB, Crow St as the food and service is excellent. The rib eye is recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JC76

Favourite restaurant in Dublin is Siam Thai in Malahide, most authentic Thai food I've tasted since returning from Thailand. Service is great and the price isnt too bad either!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ShinyDiscoBall

My restaurant in Dublin has to be Siam Thai in Malahide.
    It's expensive but well worth every penny.
    Always a great atmosphere, the staff are amazing and the sea bass curry is to die for!!!

The Radisson Hotel in Galway is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Favourite Hotel has got to be The House Hotel in Galway.
    Great prices in a great location.
    Good food too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Favourite restaurant is Chapter One, pricey but very nice.

Favourite Hotel has been Strand Hotel in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SurferchickDL

Jo Burger in Rathmines is an all round great restaurant. It has a really cool, relaxed atmoshpere, funky decor, good quality tasty food, friendly staff and prices are reasonable!

Best take away lunch I've had in Dublin is a bagel from 'It's a Bagel in Dun Laoghaire', great tasty food and perfect on a sunny day by the sea!!

Top hotel in Dublin....I was lucky enough to to stay in the Four Seasons hotel recently in D4 and I found everything to be top notch from the room to the service, staff and food. Expensive but good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Best food:www.yamamorinoodles.ie/
    Georges St Dublin and the nth side near the hapenny bridge.

Consistently excellent food at a very reasonable price with a good atmosphere and lots of space M-F before 5.30 its lunch time prices on all food

Best hotel. Central Hotel Dublin.
    One of the suites has smoked mirrored ceiling and the other a huge round bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Diep la shaker is a great thai in Dublin city... absolutely the best thai red curry ive had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My favourite hotel in Dublin would have to be the Arlington Hotel on Bachelor's Walk. Stayed there only recently for the Fleetwood Mac gig 2 weeks ago. Very centrally located, nice clean rooms, prices for the triple rooms are very reasonable, and the bar is a fantastic spot.. very lively!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Favourite Hotel In Galway so far has been the harbour hotel, A friendly spot for the work-weary! Stay there regularily, and they always welcome with a smile, and supply a great dinner, fantastic service, and a quiet room.

Favourite restaurant.. Cava restaurant, just delicious, fantastic experience, friendly staff, a+

Draw for the winner is on my birthday! FINGERS CROSSED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jollygood

Best restaurant at the moment in Dublin for me is Juniors on Bath Avenue. The menu is so good it is hard to choose from it - fresh exciting simple food with a cool atmosphere and really decent prices and portions. No wonder it is always busy. Oh and they give out blankets to all those who don't manage to get a table inside but, as it's so good, are willing to sit outside, even in winter....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ahsurelookit

Joined the site will check it out properly once I enter this comp! ;)

Nicest hotel Ive stayed in lately has to Whites Hotel in Wexford, for my birthday last year got 3 nights mid week b&b and one top notch "fine dining" dinner, it was great and all for 200 euro! :D Its been fully refurbished and the rooms are modern and spacious. Loved it would defo go back when I can afford to. Would also defo recommend.

Oops I see its only for Dublin so stayed in The Dylan hotel for one night a few months ago, lovely boutique hotel, room was beautiful and the hotel bar was lovely, would recommend. Just to note the hotel is completly non smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

My favourite hotel in Galway is the Imperial. Great location in Eyre Square and good value.

Scoozies in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Favourite hotel in Cork is the Sheraton Fota Island - a little outside the city but worth the spin! Lovely location, quality service & fantastic rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Favorite resturaunt would have to be Kinara in Clontarf. You get a genuine greeting on arrival and the waitresses and kitchen staff are all very pleasant and accomodating. Food is top notch with generous portions. Extensive wine list and I think prices to suit all. If you are looking for a good Indian I can't recommend this enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cornucopia restaurant in dublin. - http://www.cornucopia.ie/menu.asp?id=4

Healthy, very tasty, good atmosphere and allows me to try good dishes I've never heard of.
    It's refreshing to see vegetarian options in somewhere that I actually want to at and go back to try a different one. Also love that they make a cookbook, which is a nice read. yum!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement