Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

My favourite restaurant is the Japanese restaurant Koishi in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. The quality of the food there is second to none. The sashimi always has the most amazing texture, and the portions are generous. The staff is all Japanese, and, naturally, the service is impeccable - attentive, without being overbearing.

Also, thanks Michael!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

If anyone finds themselves out the dalkey direction, Bennitoes on the main street is fantastic
    It's never too crowded, really relaxing atmosphere and fantastic italian food
    And there's plenty of pubs in the area for a drink before or after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Favourite Resaturant is Indie Spice in Swords . Great Food and great specials .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Casey's of Baltimore, great hotel, great restaraunt & great views, with the added bonus of a cosy pub, and...........not forgetting the stunning location of Baltimore itself !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Best restaurant in Dublin for me has to be Elephant and Castle in Temple Bar. Perfect place for a Sunday lunch after a nearby pint or glass of wine. I know everyone raves about the chicken wings, but for me it is all about the burgers. Interesting combinations - Garlic burger, Stilton and bacon, Curry soured cream etc. Yes okay I am having a year long go at being a vegetarian, but as soon as the year is up I might just let myself have one of these before returning to the tofu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 orlaie

The nicest hotel I had the pleasure of staying in was Finnstown House Hotel in Lucan. The food is excellent there. I liked the atmosphere so much we had our wedding reception there. Everyone commented on the service we received there.

Just as a matter of interest the nicest/best restaurant outside of Dublin for me is Neven Maguire's McNean's Bistro in Blacklion, Cavan. I've eaten there five times now and I'll be back again next April-the earliest date I could get but well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Although off the beaten path. my favourite hotel is Currarevagh House just outside Oughterard in Galway - very old world charm with proper bed linen and lovely afternoon tea in the drawing room, which has spectacular views of Lough Corrib.

As for restaurant, Charming Noodles on Parnell Street in Dublin 1.
    Great prices, great staff and fantastic value for money - best soup noodle in Dublin - the salt and chilli squid is amazing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

My favourite place to eat fagans in Drumcondra, always good food and great value

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rose_2

I would reccomend the Eastern Seaboard in bryanstown in Drogheda, great menu, delicious fresh food and very very reasonable prices, good atmosphere and lovely cosy fully stocked bar area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 geraldino

My favourite - Ardilaun Hotel Galway for fantastic lunch - and so tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Remo

Baan Thai in Ballsbridge is my favourite as it has excellent food and a lovely atmosphere every time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

Fire on Dawson street is my favorite. Food is just delicious and the restaurant's design is just brilliant. The massive fire place makes all the difference and is even used for cooking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 themagicmunkey

My favourite restaurant is Koh in Dublin. It has spectacular asian fusion food and when you are satiated you can retired to the lounge area for cocktails. Its a very cool vibe in the whole place and I always really enjoy a night out there. I discovered it at a birthday party originally and the host was very accommodating (with cake!) and great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

My selection woiuld have to be the Pearl Brasserie in Baggot St. Serene underground atmosphere, superb cooking and very attentive service.

What makes it special for me is that I can order something I wouldn't normally order and always be amazed by the results. Special mention goes to the oysters with red wine vinegrette and the stunning Irish whiskey and coffee creme brulee.

I believe I should win this prize as I haven't been able to afford to go there in two years and a night at the Shelbourne this xmas would make me a very happy bunny. i've been a very good boy all year.

By the way, did I mention I do a lot of good work for charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is probably Yamamori (the one on the north quays). The food is always consistently good and you can always walk in and get a seat. There are undoubtedly nicer, fancier restaurants in Dublin but because of its affordability and reliability I'm a big fan of this place. Also you don't feel too guilty afterwards because the food is actually pretty healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Favourite restaurant in Dublin is the Town Bar & Grill on Kildare street.

Nice atmosphere, service and food. Reasonably priced with knowledgeable staff and a descent wine list.

Service for me is paramount so lots of maybe "finer" restaurants will lose out for me on this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

My favourite Dublin hotel at the moment is the Mount Herbert for its close proximity to the Luas and Dublin city centre and the fact that it offers free and secure parking. Great when your from the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

When I visit Cork, my favourite restaurant is the Star Anise on Bridge Street. It's central, near Patrick's Bridge, with a pleasant and welcoming interior. More importantly, the food is seasonal, damn good and reasonably priced. And, they do a decent Early Bird menu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Wow, that looks like a fantastic getaway!

Hands down, my favourite is Blair's Inn – a lovely family-run pub just outside of Blarney, Co Cork.

Fabulous service and a genuine feeling of warmth every time we've visited –*oh, and the food is amazing (they've won all those awards for a reason, afterall)! Go on a chilly night and warm up by the fire, or book ahead for an incredible dinner, but be warned, locals love it too and spaces fill quickly (we've had Valentine's dinner booked since last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Current favourite is Le Bon Crubeen, Dublin. Reason is because they have a top chef, the food is fab and are extremely cheap. Location is convenient also. Nice bar attached also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 haydo333

Best restaurant in Cork has to be Eco's in Douglas. Huge menu with lots of variety for everyone. They have pastas, Indian curries, stir-fries, fish, meat dishes and the longest dessert menu i have ever seen! Staff are very friendly and they are child friendly but that doesn't mean they allow them to run wild so our meal wasn't interrupted. Food is lightning quick and very tasty! The best thing is that they wouldn't turn anyone away they will always fit you in.

Love Eco's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

My favourite hotel in Dublin is the Carnegie Court Hotel in Swords, nice friendly staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

My favourite restaurant is White Gables near Moycullen in Galway. Family run place, lovely attention to detail and friendliness, sublime food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

My favourite restaurant is JD's Steakhouse in Terenure.
    I like it because it offers great food at an affordable price, within a friendly and family-orientated atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

This is interesting but really difficult!

Kinara in Clontarf is brilliant. I'm a huge fan of Indian food but find that its really difficult to find good indian food in Dublin. Kinara is miles ahead of anywhere else in the city for this type of food in my opinion, and I reckon i've probably tried most of them! The quality of the meals is just great, i've never had a bad meal there. Always a good atomsphere too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Stellin

Last time I was in Cork with my girlfriend we ate at the Fishy Fishy restaurant in Kinsale. Probably the nicest seafood restuarant in Ireland, with The Point in Cahirciveen a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

Nice prize. And definitely it's Chez Max in Dublin City Centre.

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭saffron22

Jurys Doyle hotel on Washington road in Cork. Excellent hotel and very friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I love Eco's in Douglas, Cork, the menu is great, its lovely and cosy but not dingy, accessible to Cork city centre, the staff are really friendly and know the menu inside out and its wonderful value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

My favourite restaurant at the moment in Dublin is Fire on Dawson Street. Partly because it's got great food and good friendly service and partly because it's where I took my girlfriend out to dinner for the first time. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement