Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Nice prize!! :D

My absolute favourite hotel is Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport!! It is lovely. So cosy, lovely staff and spacious rooms. I love it so much! I have stayed in many hotels around Dublin and this is by far my favourite.

I love staying there so much! Another reason I love it is once our window wouldn't open properly and I wrote a review on their website and got a free stay and upgraded to their rooftop suite! Excellent customer service!!

Ahh...now I want to go stay their again.

Have never stayed in the Shelbourne Hotel though!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

One Pico - Just around the corner from the Shelbourne and the recession has impacted the prices but not the quality!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If I win this my girlfriend might actually share the duvet with me this time.
    My favourite Galway restaurant would be Cava. Its not that it's expensive or particularly breath taking. It's small, sociable, friendly, great service, wide selection and always top notch food.
    Actually feck it. I'm going there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

favorite restaurant at the moment is the tea room in the clarence. exceptional food and value for their market menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

what a great prize!

favourite hotel i've ever stayed in is the twelve hotel just outside galway. friendly staff, great decor, food and drink is amazing and the rooms are like something out of cribs.

luxury at its finest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 lollipop08

Mario's in Ranelagh Dublin, great value consistantly good eats, love that place, :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nutsnraisins

Purty Kitchen in Monkstown right beside the harbour, no fuss restaurant/ bar, GREAT FRESH fish [you could almost imagine the staff going to catch your order] and brilliant alternatives for the more carniverous!

Right beside the Dart
    Friendly service
    Well priced drinks
    and a good club upstairs at the weekend!

Well worth the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭whimsey

Kevin Thorntons on Stephens Green for a long lazy lunch. Staff are very attentive when they need to be and leave you alone otherwise. Even on
    the special lunch menu they never rush you out the door. Every time I go
    there is something I have never heard/thought of/dreamed of doing with
    an ingredient.

Also nice to be able to see into the kitchen as the food is prepared.

Whimsey

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

My favourite hotel in Cork would be Jury's on Western Road, it's just been done up, is really central to the city yet not right in the centre, the views over the city at night are fabulous and had the pleasure of the nicest barman ever serving me there when I stayed. Would highly recommend it to anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

My favourite restaurant is Hush Brasserie in Malahide, Co. Dublin. The atmosphere is very nice, the staff are always very helpful, most importantly the food is very nice and decent value.

It's right across the road from Gibney's where you can enjoy a nice drink in a bustling bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

my favourite restaurant has to be The Mermaid Cafe. A bit more expensive but well worth it for something special, great food, great service and exceptional staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blue saphire

I love the Millstone Resturant in Dame street in Dublin. The main reason is because it has a full gluten free resturant. It's so good to go into a resturant and not have the staff look at you as if you have two heads because you can't have gluten (wheat, rye, oats and barley). The atmosphere is really good too. I've only eaten in it twice as I don't live in Dublin but I'm planning another trip soon just so I can have pizza. Both times I was in it they had live music that created a great buzz but wasn't overpowering. The staff were really helpful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭coleen

my fav place in cork is the imperial in the south mall. The food and service are second to none and the decor is old style.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

One of my favorite restaurants in Dublin is The Port House. It has a really great atmosphere and is very intimate, all set by the flickering candle lights. I love their tapas and they have a really nice selection, so there is definitely something for everyones taste! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭REFLINE1

Nice prize! Favourite restaurant is Siam Thai in Dundrum,Food and service is always first class,never dissapointed leaving there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

My favourite restaurant in Dublin would be Wagamama's by the Stephen's Green Shopping Center. I know I'd probably get a few frowns for choosing a chain restaurant, but they do very nice asian dishes for a reasonable price, and the service is prompt and friendly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

My favourite restaurant at the moment, is Saba on Clarendon Street. I've never been disapointed. The food and service are both excellent, and it's reasonably priced too.

Favourite hotel.. I think The Gresham on O'Connell Street. I've stayed there and really liked it, but also, Toddy's Bar is nice and relaxing, and you can't beat having a few Christmas drinks beside the tree in the lobby..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I love the westin in dublin, mainly because of the cocktails in the mint bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭karasu

My favourite restaurant in Dublin will be Yamamori. I know it's a little on the more expensive side, but never had better meal than there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

My favourite restaurant in Dublin would have to be Sinners in Temple Bar. They serve traditional Lebanese cuisine at a pretty reasonable price. The staff are friendly, the service is great and the entertainment (belly dancing) is always, well, entertaining. I've had plenty of great nights out there and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try something a little different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

Kirwans Lane in Galway City is the best I've had in Galway, been there as part of a large group & just the two of us and the food, wine & the service is always brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Café Bang never disappoints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

Toscana Restaurant on Dame Street, quality food, great prices, great craic, friendly staff, enough said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Celestines Brasserie in Artane.. Excellent local restaurant, top quality food and really friendly service. Now quite reasonable thanks to their all day early bird menu (this recession has some upsides). Fantastic steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭GeorgeCostanza

Bang Café is definitely my favourite restaurant in Ireland. Great food for a great price.

Hotel would have to be the G Hotel; funky, stylish and comfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frantastic

1st post on here :)

My favourite restaurant has to be Chez Max near Dublin Castle.It's perfect for a date, a night out with friends or family.The staff are wonderful, the food is delicious and it feels like you are in Paris once you're inside the doors.I definitely receommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

my favourite restaurant for value and quality is Wagamama below the st stephens green shopping centre. I love Japanese food, and you get a great deal of dinner and a beer/wine for 10euro before six during the week!

fantastic on a student budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Mine has to be Mao the food it to died for the best asian fusion in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭YeAh!

My favorite restaurant is certainly Wagamamas in Dublin and Cork for value, choice and atmosphere and they serve fantastic Japanese food. The lunch specials are great value and even when the staff are run off their feet at lunch, it never takes more than 5 minutes to be seated, and the staff never fail to have a smile on their faces.
    My favorite dish is the Yaki Soba, which is fried noodles served with chicken, shrimp, eggs, red and green peppers, shallots, spring onions and red ginger. The restaurant also does delicious Rice & Noodle Dishes, and mouth watering desserts which include Fudge Cake, Cheese Cake & my favorite, the Wild Berry Sorbet which is served with blueberries and mint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Jo Burger in Rathmines. The food is fantastic, all organic natural ingredients and very unique ideas. Last burger I had was full of red onion, goats cheese, caramelised bananas and homemade relish; it sounds strange but was delicious!
    The decor is really cool and the dj is an added bonus. And you can play board games while you wait for your food!

Well worth a try.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement