Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭carnsoreboxer

My favourite hotel has to be The Heritage in Co Laois. My husband and I arranged to stay there last year with another couple one of whom was very ill and we did not know up until the moment we left Dublin whether it would be just the 2 of us or not. I contacted the hotel and explained the situation and they went out of their way to facilitate us including no penalty if cancelling at the last minute. The 4 of us did spend one night and again all the staff looked after us to the best of their ability, indeed nothing we asked for was too much.

Not only did the hotel make our visit a memorable one it really renewed my faith in mankind.

I could not recommend more highly

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Fave restaurant at the moment is Fallon & Byrne, early bird is excellent value, and you can do some impulse buying on luxury goods downstairs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

My favourite restaurant in Dublin at the moment is Siam Thai, either in Malahide or Dundrum. Their Early Bird is great value (21e for starter, main[excluding fish] and tea/coffee]) and if you miss that, the Mango Cod is delicious!!! Their pavalova is a great dessert to finish, IF you still have room!!!

A trip to the Malahide branch can finish with a nice walk along the Marina or through the village, both beautiful at night with lights, or going to the Dundrum can be a great way to rest those weary legs after an afternoon's shopping!!!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My Favorite is Jo Burger in Rathmines . Mmmmmmm Hungry now !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

WAGAMAMAS - cork & dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Ever since myself and the wife have been going out (over 10 years know) we have had a few fav restaurants but they kept on closing down The first off was South Street restaurant on Georges street, it used to be a lovely cheap little restaurant that was dark and subtly light but it got taken over and revamped and is no longer what it used to be. Following this we also had our favorite place to have a traditional 'fry-up' and this was also on georges street, it was next to the soccer shop, and was run by a husband and wife. Gerry was the husband and his fry's where the talk of all the students and taxi drivers along Georges street up to angier street. But alas he must have sold up because one day it became a Tapas restaurant and still is. Then finally on Sat night just gone me and the wife where on our way home after a pint and where enroute to Sufi's Pizza place just off georges street only to find that it was closed down... this place sold the best pizzas in dublin and had board games to boot..
    Okay so maybe we are cursed and hopefully we will find a place that can outlast our service :0) but i would love to give the Shelbournes 5 star restaurant a go.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

my favourite restaurant in dublin has to be the plaza in swords.

Chinese restaurant that has great meal deals and off peak offers then after 10pm it turns into a karaoke bar. great fun had by all

• Registered Users Posts: 45,182 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Loved the Silversprings hotel in Cork - did the nicest steak I have ever had. Still compare all steaks eaten since to it, none match up!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AvidIrishReader

Very homely restaurant that serves great, freshly-made pasta. The guy who runs it (Luca) is great crack and the welcome is always fantastic, no matter how quiet or busy it happens to be.

No pretense, just simple food at good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

My fave hotel in Dublin, in my limited experience, is Citywest. Always had a good stay there and its great for events.

Fave restaurant in Dublin is Green Nineteen on Camden St.
    Unbeatable value!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Diep Le Shaker.
    It offers very tasty Thai food. I like Thai food. It's very comfortable and the service is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Saz1

Here it goes!

Well my favourite hotel has to be The Beacon in Stillorgan. This was the first hotel me & my boyfriend stayed in. We had an amazingly spacious room on the 7th floor, crisp clean sheets (which I might add I had the best nights sleep in) and the bathroom was extremely clean.
    Everything in the design of these rooms has been done to a T, from the old fashioned shallow bath to the stratigically placed lighting on the head board of the bed.
    All in all it has to be the best hotel for a romantic weekend.

With regards to a restuarant it has to be Tante Zoes's in Temple Bar. Fabulous food and at a reasonable price too.

Hope to win that prize:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Had some tasty tapas and tasty Spanish wine in http://www.boqueriatapasbar.ie/

Staff were dead on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Tamaras in Tallaght. Great food and attentive staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Pataya Thai, a beautiful, quaint restaurant in Cabinteely.
    Great service with a mean Seafood Curry...

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

My favourite restaurant would be in the Court Yard Hotel in Leixlip.
    We went there a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday to celebrate a birthday.
    The meal was great and the service was excellent, we had my 10 month old grandson with us, he was given a lovely bowl of mash veg and gravy and a small portion of ice cream for desert.The staff were so friendly we all had a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Fab prize, would love to win this :) Anywho, for somewhere reliable, with consistently good food and service I think you can't beat Milano's in Temple Bar. I've eaten in the Dawson Street branch too but for me, the friendly buzzy atmosphere in the Temple Bar restaurant wins hand's down. The pizzas are always incredibly fresh and you can tell the chefs use high quality ingredients.

The staff here are very relaxed and have a nice, easy way about them. On a Friday night their Capricciosa washed down with a glass of Merlot signals a great start to the weekend!

PS: To all you coffee lovers, the coffee is here is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

My favorite place to stay in Galway is Sleepzone hostel, amazing craic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

God, that's a tough one! Right now, I'd have to say my favourite restaurant in Cork is Annie's in Sunday's Well. The menu changes every day according to what food they can get. They do loads of fresh fish, as well as more rare foods like kangaroo. I've eaten there twice and both times it's been spectacular. The setting is nice too. It's cosy and intimate, but quite big at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Atreyu

Silks in Malahide fantastic Chinese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

Favourite restaurant in Cork is Fishy Fishy in Kinsale. The food is always amazingly fresh & I have to keep going back for the seafood chowder because I can't place what distictive fllavour they use!!! It's a lovely setting with great service. A bit on the pricey side but worth it for a treat.

In Dublin, it would be Seagrass on Richmond Street. I've never been disappointed whether I've had breakfast, lunch or dinner there. They've adapted their menu & early bird specials to the changing times and you can't beat their omelette for brunch

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭le_dazzler

Best restaurant in Cork City is (by a mile imo) Star Anise on Bridge street. The food is always, without fail, great. I can't recommend it highly enough :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My favourite hotel in all of Ireland is in Galway - the Twelve in Bearna. Myself and my other half spent the weekend there and it was the lap of luxury. We were invited to take a seat at reception at a beautiful desk while the friendly efficient receptionist checked us in. We were so impressed with our room and the bed was so comfy I barely wanted to see Galway at all! We went out for lunch and when we got back there was a lovely handwritten card in the room with chocolate dipped strawberries and a shortcake with the twelve written on it.

As part of our package we had dinner included and it was gorgeous.The restaurant is very nicely decorated and the manager came over to us to make sure everything was ok - he spoke to everyone dining there that night. Apart from the amazing food the best thing was that even though we had our dinner as part of a package there were no extras for getting the premium items on the menu - everything was included and we weren't made feel we were any less because we were getting it for cheaper.

All in all I'd give it 9/10 and recommend it to anyone. Oh and breakfast was scrumptious too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My favourite restaurant in Dublin at the moment, is Hugos just off Stephen's Green. The food is wonderful, the staff are informed and attentive (but not overly so) and the ambience is really lovely. I only wish I could eat there more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭taibhse1966

This is a little gem of a restaurant, the food is rocking, nothing is too much trouble for the staff who bend over backwards to make sure that you enjoy your meal. Jimmy the guy who owns it is a fantastic chef and has real charm which has rubbed off on the staff, quality place to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mulberry restaurant on Navan Road, very good food service and price.

Early Bird menu is very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is The Bistro in Castle Market - Non-pretentious menu friendly staff and a nice cosy atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Bistro Spice in Monkstown, south county Dublin, is delicious. It's an Indian restaurant. You can bring your own wine or beer and you won't be charged corkage. They do a takeaway/delivery service. We like to keep the menu close by for those evenings when we just don't want to cook!

Personal favourites include any of the creamy chicken dishes accompanied with loads of naan bread and random veggie sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭captainbirdseye

Juniors
    Bath Avene Dublin 4

Tiny, welcoming, delicious, cheap, 2 brothers, 1 room, a huge success.
    Extended review here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

Eyre square hotel in galway is spot on, nothing fancy, but its slap bang in the middle of the city, close to everything and a good breakfast to boot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement