Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Favourite Restaurant in Cork is the Eastern Tandoori (menu).

Wonderful Indian food, excellent service by a very polite and friendly staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 NewSteelSplash

My Favorite Restaraunt is Vers en Verre, I like the relaxed atmosphere, Friendly staff, great wine selection and their use of fresh seasonal produce in their menus. Great all round !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

My fav restaurant at the moment is SIAM Thai in Malahide. Have never had a bad meal there. Excellent food and service and the food is top class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

My favourite restaurant is Diep le Shaker. It is a Thai restaurant in Pembroke lane around the corner from the Pembroke Pub.

It used to be quite expensive but now they have AMAZING cheap deals like a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine for 2 for €60. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Ospery in Nass is my favourite, rooms and lounge are lovely! Time nightclub right beside it as well if you fancy a night out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Monkey61 wrote: »
    Best restaurant in Dublin for me has to be Elephant and Castle in Temple Bar. Perfect place for a Sunday lunch after a nearby pint or glass of wine. I know everyone raves about the chicken wings, but for me it is all about the burgers. Interesting combinations - Garlic burger, Stilton and bacon, Curry soured cream etc. Yes okay I am having a year long go at being a vegetarian, but as soon as the year is up I might just let myself have one of these before returning to the tofu!

Don't forget the legendary chicken wings. All hail the chicken wings!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jom1133

favourite restaurent in cork is Eco's douglas - fantastic food at great prices in a lovely little village

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Favourite restaurant at the moment in Dublin has to be the Port House. Hotel wise it has to be the Shelbourne!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Favourite Restaurnat - Captain America's in Cork. Great steak, great cocktails, great place for work parties & the decor is really cool! They also do a great lunch special where you can get a fantastic meal for a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anniela

Fallon & Byrne's (Exchequer St) does it for me every time im in the big smoke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spiderfear

My fav at the moment has to be Brasserie 15 in Castleknock and their steak on a stone. 20 euro on match nights secures you a pint and a succulent fillet steak on a hot stone that allows you to cook the meat yourself using the heat of the stone. With 3 sauces and chunky chips I’m salivating here just typing. Also their monkfish and scallops are tasty gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

It's a tough one to decide on really. I suppose right now I'd have to go for the McDonalds beside the Woodies in Tallaght. This one has it all. A nice McCafe in one section, if you feel like something a little classy (latte's etc). The restaurant itself is quite large, there are nearly always tables available, catering for all group sizes. Reserving a table is never necessary in this bad boy!

The staff are very friendly, always serve with a nice big smile and a "how are you?" in nearly passable English. This friendly service, combined with the dignified patrons who frequent this establishment, creates a wonderful ambience. I find such a pleasant atmosphere is becoming harder and harder to find these days, so can't stress how much of a factor this was in my decision.

The food itself is top drawer, your big mac's and quarter pounders are always delightfully tidy with regard to presentation. I once overheard somebody saying "it looks exactly the same as in the pictures above the counter". High praise indeed, and I feel that statement alone sums up just how good the food in this restaurant is.

This establishment also has a drive through facility, for those who are in a rush, or wish to dine alone in their car in the very large and adequate car park facility. This car park also has a delightful little kiddies playground in one corner, which I found a very nice touch. It helps to add to the welcoming family atmosphere many restaurants sadly seem to lack in modern society.

Overall this restaurant is simply winner winner chicken dinner! Get out there and experience it people, you only live once.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emer_marie_h/3505953472/

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

My favorite restaurant at the moment in Waga Moma opposite the gaiety theatre in Dublin as you can meet with friends in a central location and the food and price is agreeable to everyone. It suist me as I am I dont travel to dublin often and you can turn up with a crowd without booking. Its not top notch but it is tasty and the staff are friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 doops

Great Prize,

My favorite hotel in Ireland is the G hotel in Galway well priced for the quality if the hotel and great food. Extremley Modern inside and great facilities

The restaurant I would reccomend is in Bray only just out side Dublin but its probally the best Italian outside italy and the deli across the road is also good. Campo De Fiori check out all there reviews on all of the restaurants sites and not a bad review from anyone. Another good sign is you have to book a week in advance to get a table ( always a good sign, plus they are Italian there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

The Red Cow Hotel in Dublin is my favourite. Staff are always very nice and will go out of their way to help you and make your stay better. There's also a restuarant which serves lovely food. The staff here are also very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

The best eating experience I have had was at L'Ecrivian - that was for a special occasion (Graduation) 2 years ago.

As for restaurants that I frequent on occasions I would say Donnellys in Barna Galway and The Huntsman in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 weirdear

Kajal in Malahide is class - A mix of Pakistan and india. Very tasty... Would have no hesitation recommending this to anyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

i love Gruel in Dublin,,, just love eating there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Peploes on the green here in Dublin ( 1 mins walk from the Shelbourne ) Superb food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

Love Perrotts Bistro in Hayfield Manor Cork..(a 5 star southerly sister to the Shelbourne;)) You are made feel like royalty, the food is divine and their pink champagne aperitifs are fabulous..I would recommed heartily..as much as I would heartily love to stay in the gorgeous Shelbourne for a night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

My favourite hotel in Dublin is The Fitzwilliam on St. Stephens Green luxury and convenience:D.

My favourite Italian restaurant would be Piccolino in Carlow Town. Nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

My favourite hotel in cork is Hayfield Manor. Head and shoulders above all the other hotels in the city, luxurious without being stuffy, great bistro restaurant, friendly staff and walking distance from most of the city.

On my last visit found a putter, golf ball and a practice putting gadget in the room, nice touch that kept me entertained while i waited for my wife to glam up for dinner.

XDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

My favourite at the moment is 'The Shelbourne Hotel'. They currently have a special for their 185th birthday - 2 Course Lunch Menu for €18.50 and 'Early Bird' from 6-7 p.m. also for €18.50. Food is always lovely and staff very attentive. Had my mother's 80th birthday party there recently and it was absolutely perfect! Afternoon Tea in the Lord Mayor's Lounge is also a lovely treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 D6_Smile

Without a doubt, The Merrion Hotel in Dublin holds up with the best in the world. It manages to combine luxury with a sense of cosiness and make it look effortless. It ticks every box you could want - right in the City, lovely furnishings, two good bars, restaurants and above all impeccable service. I basically want to live there :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I love The Strawberry Tree at Brooklodge in Wicklow. Lovely organic food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

My favourite hotel is Jurys Inn on Parnell place in Dublin. My main reason for liking the hotel is the location. I'm in Dublin quite a lot with work and its very close to the cinema which I can go to help pass some time in the evenings when I've to stay over for work and its also right in town so I can meet up with friends who are living in Dublin as well. Staff are always excellent and the rooms are lovely as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

Favourite restaurant would be Saba on Clarendon Street, fab food!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ethnakarie

O'Connells restaurant in Ballsbridge is great for gluten free food

• Registered Users Posts: 17 margaretireland

My favourite restaurant is "Saddle Room Restaurant" in Shelbourne Hotel. It is a brilliant and satisfying way to relax after a day's shopping in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Little Caesars on Dame Street, lovely intimate place and the food is really reasonably priced! it's a central location too so it's really handy to pop in for a lunch date, and also you never really need a reservation so it's great for last minute dinner!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement