Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

fav restaurant would have to be Chapter One - super food even better service

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭baileye

The Farmgate restaurant in Cork is the best! Great food, great service. I'm getting hungry thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

Favourite hotel in Dublin is Clarion in Liffey Valley.
    Great service and right next to shopping centre & cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thai Gardens in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 is my favourite restaurant. Best Thai food I've ever tasted and never had a bad meal there. Red curry is to die for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 northsider001

The Port House tapas restaurant on South William St in Dublin, great candlelit atmosphere, and YUMMY food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

The Mongolian Barbeque in Temple Bar in Dublin - might seem a bit expensive, but definitely worth going to! Lovely food, great fun if you go there in a bigger group (although having a date there is fun too ;) ), and the experience of making your own food and then watching it being prepared... - just a must go place!

Nice competition, btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

My favourite restaurant is l'Ecrivan, 109A Lower Baggot St, in Dublin, it's a bit Celtic tiger due to it's prices so I won't be frequenting the place, but it's well worth spoiling yourself every now and again (wedding anniversary or birthday). I've never had anything other than spectacular food, perfect service and the fact that you can always see Derry Clarke working in the kitchen and his wife is a great host, makes for an altogether special dining experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

Ravello's in Clonsilla is my favourite. Lovely staff and good prices for delicious food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Jim Edwards in Kinsale - great food, great value, great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

I love Blairs Cove in West Cork, have had some great times there, love it for the beautiful views and surroundings, and the touch of class for a special occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

My Favourite Restaurant is Aqua in Howth amazing sea food, excellent staff and wonderful views of Ireland's eye (It’s like eating on a yaught)

Whoseview Linkage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Le Caprice, Andrew Street

Great food and service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Seoige

Great prize!

Love Kafka in Rathmines! Chicken wings are delicious and they do a lovely veggie risotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Favourite restaurant is Sawadee in Terenure....Great value in their early bird menu....Very nice decor.....Staff very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 omearad

favourite resturant has to be SABA on clarendon street. great food and atmosphere and always lively!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maeve49

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Chapter One's - amazing food, excellent service, they really look after you, its great for a special treat, and the pre-theatre makes it really affordable, no snobbery, just really good food and the staff are so attentive, definately my favourite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Greenes restaurant in Cork has to be the nicest I have ever been to.
    The food is beautiful and the staff are so friendly. They really know there wines so when you want something new or a bit different they will recommend something to suit you perfectly!

Also I must say one thing I always get excited about is the free mini starters they send out. Each time we have been there the chef has some creation of the day he sends out as a mini starter to everyone - it's always yummy!

If you go though make sure to ask for a table with a view of the waterfall. It's absolutely beautiful and perfect for a romantic night out.

Taking into account the food, the staff, the ambience - the price is excellent and you walk away having had a wonderful night and a satisfied happy belly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

My favourite restaurant has gotta be Giovanni's in Malahide, in Dublin. Great friendly place, staff are wonderful, delicious Italian food, a nice relaxing atmosphere, with none of the snootiness of places that seem to take themselves too seriously. Never had a bad experience there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Helen G

bellagio's italian restaurant in terenure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lo2009

My favourite restaurant is Shebeen Chic on Georges Street in Dublin because I heart the vintage decor, it is delightful and very unusual, also the traditional Irish food is like a big warm comforting hug on a plate. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

My Fav in Dublin is The Trocadero, the food is nice and not to complicated, you always feel welcome, service has always been excellent.

To add to it all, each visit has always left long lasting and fond memories.

The feel of the place is just right and real Dublin.

...my 2 cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

my fav hotel in cork is Jury's. food is good there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I have always been a big fan of The Trocadero on St.Andrew st. Always end up there whenever we plan one of our rare trips to the big smoke. Great food and even nicer atmosphere.

Edit:Just saw someone agrees with me two posts up

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Great to see a competition like this drumming up so much attention and getting people to share their favourite eateries!

My top of the league hotel would have to be The Fitzwilliam on Stephen's Green - simply due to great memories with our Australian friends, efficient service and a room with a stunning view over Stephen's Green park.

Favourite restaurant is a tougher choice, but who wants to know about that! I have many favs, many regular haunts, but would have to give a shout to a recent enough, more than pleasant discovery - Harry's on Dawson Street.

I have to give it to them! A real upside to times of economic downturn is trying new restaurants, with more attractive, palatable prices and discovering a little gem. Harry's is one of these.

I have been to many restaurants in and around Harry's vicinity over the years and there are quite a number of them I feel could learn a thing or two in honest, good quality food, and service with a smile from warm, genial staff.

A heartfelt thumbs-up from this sated diner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CCfiles

For me it has to be the montrose Hotel on the Stilorgan Road. Has Bus and Dart services, reasonable rooms, a nice bar and access to the heart of the city.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Favourite restaurant is Cava in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

My favourite restaurant is The Canal Bank just off Leeson Street, amazing food and great service. Try the chicken wings for a starter but make sure you share, the portion is massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Favourite place must be Simon's Place in George's Arcade, Dublin, great atmosphere inside with gorgeous sandwiches which always remind me of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Favourite restaurant at the moment is Port House (tapas) on South William St (Dublin), lovely atmosphere, very cosy, perfect for a date, fantastic tapas and a good wine list, all makes for a delish night out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭insomniak

My favourite restaurant in cork is Bully's. Its a small restaurant on Paul Street next to tesco, its very small and quaint and the staff are very nice in there. Not a fan of the seating layout but the food is really nice

and hotel in cork is the Victoria due to the prices :D

oh and thanks a lot for the thread, got a lot of tips :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement