Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Aqua in Howth

Service has always been very good, atmosphere is not as uptight as other restaurants of its standard in Dublin

Panoramic views of Howth Harbour, Dublin Bay and Ireland's Eye

Food is always cooked well, any discrepancies are dealt with without fuss and with a smile

The wine list is very good and a large glass of house red (very palatable) is only 5 euro or so

The set menus always offer interesting options and change regularly and the a la carte menu is extensive and comprehensive

After 8 or 9 visits I have no complaints to date - consistently pleasant experience

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

my favourite restaurant is Wagamamas in Dublin,,but seeing as i live in Co.Tipperary it's not very often i get there,,food is beautiful and staff are great:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nevaeh84

Omg MILLSTONE Restuarant in the Heart of the capital on Dame Street is one i go back to again and again had my graduation dinner with my family there recently-such a cosy atmosphere, the staff pulled out all the stops and the food was delicious!
    will remember it forever

would find it hard to forget a night in the shelbourne either!:cool::P

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Rdaly1

2 favourite resturants are Jo Burger Rathmines and Diep Noodle Renlagh.

Favourite Hotel is G hotel Galway.

Rich Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laneybaby555

My favourite restaurant is in Dublin, 5 Cecilia Street, kind of behind the Central Bank. Its called Luigi Malones, and it's truly sublime. The food is breathtaking, the atmosphere (although upmarket) is fun with an emphasis on thoroughly enjoying your night. The staff cant do enough for you and are more than friendly and obliging. First class in every sense. Nearly lunch time and my stomach is growling like a caged beast.....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

My absolute fav place to eat in Dublin is The China Sichuan. It's been around a long time but has move to Sandyford Ind Estate in past while.

The food is beyond delicious and I nearly orgasm at the thought of getting my hands on a serving of their Dan Dan Noddles.....damn now I'm starving :p

Its such a good restaurant and the staff treat you like family. It's always the same people that go back time and time again which is always a good sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

Favourite restaurant in Dublin is the Itallian Il Baccaro.

I love its quirky wine cellar type location and relaxed romantic atmosphere also love being able to sit outside on warm summer nights.

The food is beautiful and authentic, not a pizza to be seen. Try the fresh seafood linguini and the lovely homemade tiramisu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Damo666

Campo Del Fiori in Bray , only Authentic Italian in Ireland , all ingredients and wine imported in and all people working there are Italian.

Great food and very reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

Gruel on Dame Street.

Great food, with fresh ingredients, delicious flavours and no fuss. In my opinion best value for money in Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bleonard1ie

Chapter One restaurant in Dublin is definitely my favourite restaurant in Dublin. Great food, excellent choice and very good value for money, especially the lunch menu.

Great competition by the way. The Shelbourne is such a beautiful hotel and a real Dublin landmark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

My favourite restaurant in Galway has to be Mustard in the Bridge Mills. Their thai chicken noodle salad and their goats cheese pizzas are so so so good. But its the actual building that makes it so special. I think the table on the bridge looking out on the water is the best table in Galway, where else can you find a view like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The Galway Bay Hotel for me. Wonderful location in Salthill, away from the very busy Galway city but not too far away for shopping, nightlife etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

My fave restaurant in Ireland must be Cafè Mexicana in Cork...My first irish birthday I spent there and I fell in love there ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Riva

Salamanca Tapas Bar, Andrew's street, D2. Food to die for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Patrick Guilbaud...class act

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

My favourite restaurant is Little Caesar's on Harcourt Street. The food is delicious and not too expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

My Fave restaurant at the mo has to be ELEPHANT AND CASTLE in temple bar.

Whether your all dolled up in your bestest going for a fancy meal (quail :)) with the missus, or, in your trackie bottoms with the lads munching on the nicest chicken wings in the world, the staff at elephant and castle always make you feel welcome! The atmosphere is electric and the food is cheap, especially considering the location, and ya might just spot a celeb or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭HeinekenTicket

The dylan hotel off baggot street is a very fine funky hotel!

check it out. I'd like to win a competition to stay there in 2010!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Darwins, Aungier Street, Dublin - superb steaks at a reasonable price unlike that other mob on the Green ;) (not you Shelbourne of course- the other side of the Green!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

Chapter One restaurant in Parnell sq is my favorite. Great food and atmosphere and not that expensive....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Himselfe

I'd have to say DARWINS on Aungier Street. Excellent menu, very tasty. Very affordable and some of the best steak in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 NashD

My favourite hotel is without a doubt the Sheraton Fota Island in Cork. Amazing place. The day we arrived it was pouring rain. The pool is lowly lit and the walls are faced in stone. Lounging in the pool it felt like we were hiding in a cosy cave looking out at the miserable weather. Very romantic :)

My favourite restaurant is Chez Sara in Malahide. It's a cosy nook that serves up the best food at reasonable prices. No matter what I've ordered ends up tasting heavenly!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

Hi all,

My favourite restaurant is the Millstone on Dame Street. Great food especially the steaks and great live music while you eat. All this in the centre of town. What more do you want!!!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Had a great meal with friends in The Fire restaurant in Dawson Street recently. Lovely decor. Fabulous food and service. The early bird menu is very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

My fave is Koh. Its a thai restaurant on Millenium Walkway. They do an excellent lunch menu and great early bird. So tasty and cheap. Cocktails are yummy too - Menus here: http://www.koh.ie/lunch.html Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Love the new Terrace restaurant at the Citywest Hotel. Took my girlfriend there a few months back for a weekend away and we had a great time. Arrived at the hotel, booked in and had a drink in the bar. Then went to the restaurant where I have to say the food was among the best I've ever tasted. To add to the whole experience the wine was fantastic, the view of the mountains was superb and the staff were as friendly as you're likely to meet.
    The meal filled you up just to the right amount without giving you that stuffed feeling and it was nice to be able to go back to our room and relax after it with a nice bottle of wine.
    We'll definitely be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭peepeep

Hiya,

My favourite restaurant is The Cedar Tree on Andrews St in Dublin. It serves superb Lebanese food at incredibly reasonable prices, the service is excellent and the decor is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

Da Pino on the corner of Parliament St and Dame St. You can't go wrong with the pizzas or the paellas (and they always did a good line in early birds and lunch specials even during the boom years probably because it was never fashionable). I've my own reasons to have great memories of the place but I would honestly recommend everyone give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Favorite restaurant has to be tha Mongolian Bar in Temple bar,

Eat as much as you want,and watch it getting cooked up infront of your eyes......hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

My fav hotel is the ClareGalway Hotel in the town of ClareGalway just outside the hustle and bustle of galway city on the headford road, 10 mins b taxi.

we visited for a birthday celebration found it much nicer than alot of the galway city hotels and found that we were almost not inclined to head into galway for a night out.

www.claregalwayhotel.ie

tks

Neonitrix

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement