Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The atmosphere vs Barney will be amazing if he gets through, cant wait to go tomorrow now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

mdwexford wrote: »
    The atmosphere vs Barney will be amazing if he gets through, cant wait to go tomorrow now :D
    Friday night was epic last year, If theres a Irish lad playing too it will be an amazing atmosphere. Bring lots of money and keep your pitcher to be refilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

All beaten has to do is settle and take a few legs and it will silence the crowd

its completely gotten to him, he's such a bigtime player and he's playing like he's never been on stage before

as always the problem is people at the darts that arnt into the darts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭brick tamland

The booing of Beaton is a fooking disgrace. Normally a big fan favourite in Ireland and I've met him once and is a genuinely nice bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

All beaten has to do is settle and take a few legs and it will silence the crowd

its completely gotten to him, he's such a bigtime player and he's playing like he's never been on stage before

as always the problem is people at the darts that arnt into the darts
    Totally agree with you about people been at the darts just to be seen on telly and get boozed up and sing football style chants! 1 of the reasons i don't go to Citywest.Can't wait for the Killarney Darts Festival,a great weekend with genuine darts fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 assante

Well said D ,It was a pity that the crowd starting booing him at such a critical moment .I think that if he had got that double six he would have taken barney and he needs the money more than ray.Didnt see the next two games, who won? hope jacko and the menace got through.

Priestley out after being frankley awful

Jacko is 2-1 down after being 1-0 up, Beaton was awful to start, but i have to say the way beaton has responded is impressive

nice dolly with a huge rack on the tv there

phooaaarr

Looks like the Booing is bringing the best out of Beaton, Best I've seen from him in a long time

The commentators have it spot on, jacko's not done a lot wrong here

he's played quite well, but beaton upped his game to a quite different level, i dont know where this steve beaton came from but if he goes through i hope he plays like this against barney, he'll knock barney out

Interesting to hear the commentators say that the boo's and chanting are what you have to expect with the top level darts with crowds of these size

its part and parcel and if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen

interesting point of view from them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Have to say I disagree with the commentators. I wonder would they say its part of the game if Taylor was on the receiving end. I think sky would whistle a different tune then. Anyway regardless of who its aimed at its unsporting.

Whats the score now D ?

2-2

Final set starting.

Beaton threw that set away, booing when he was going for doubles is a disgrace

2-2

were into a deciding set

Sky on break

Crowd got to beaton again and his bottled a RAKE of double shots to go into a commanding lead, jacko didnt need to be asked twice

Jacko had dipped there after losing the second set but he seems to be concentrating better now

Tense as it can get, i play with the guy and i dont think i'll sleep tonight with this,

on one side, if he wins he plays barney, on the flipside, if he loses we'll have him for our league game tomorrow :D

Ahhh we can do without him

COME ON JACKO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

2 a piece, jacko found a bit of form there.

here comes the decider.

Jacko 1 leg up now in the decider

1 a piece

drama drama drama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Interesting to hear the commentators say that the boo's and chanting are what you have to expect with the top level darts with crowds of these size

its part and parcel and if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen

interesting point of view from them
    Have to say I disagree with the commentators. I wonder would they say its part of the game if Taylor was on the receiving end. I think sky would whistle a different tune then. Anyway regardless of who its aimed at its unsporting.

How many genuine darts fans are paying €30(or whatever) to fill a couple of thousand seat arena on ANY night? Would look pretty sparse I reckon....unfortunatly ANY sport thats needs to fill stadiums/arena's will attract fans who don't really care about the sport

2-1 to jacko now

COME ON JACKO!!!!

Jacko misses doubles for the win

Deciding Leg

HOLY DRAMA TOWN

• Advertisement

some tense stuff here. great double from beaton and jacko away on his own. This is great stuff

I am sure you would miss him off your team allright D. Thats some team ye have, please post the result ,pity about THE MENACE I thought he would do it.

HOLY god

Jacko you legend

3-2 on sets to jacko

LOVE IT, ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

get in! great last leg from jacko there, sets up a great match with barney, with a great chance of beating him too considering barney is playing so poor.

Cant actually believe it

Now do i go to citywest or my league match :D:D:D:D:D:D

You said it mate ,one of the nicest guys you could ever meet ,He dosent deserve that sort of treatment from the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

well done jacko. get in there and bully barney he will cry for him mammy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What an absolutely fantastic result. Well done to Jacko, he kept going and never gave up. Beaten missed doubles and let Jacko in but you can't take away from Jacko's brilliant achievement. I'll be there tomorrow night to support him!

On another note the crowd were an absolute disgrace. Yes cheer as load as you possibly can between throws and even throw in the odd boo if you are a complete prick but do it AFTER Beaten has throw. Poor form and it's slightly embarrassing that the people in this country resprt to that to try and get a player through.

Still congratulations to Jacko, I am absolutely delighted and it's brilliant that we get to cheer on an Irishman in one of the best competitions in the world :)

That was great. Well done Jacko. The money will be handy considering he's lost a sponsor, should keep him on track for a few events.

• Advertisement

Well unless he gets a new sponsor in he wont be on the tour come january

Does the money from this tournament go towards the rankings? it would throw him RIGHT up the rankings if it does

Advertisement