Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

Devastator wrote: »
    thats a ridiculous question

joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Taylor for a 9 darter @ 25/1 ain't too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

I think half the problem with the crowd is 75% of them are not there for the darts! To them its a night out on the beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

whack him jacko.

he was very honest and excited last nite in the interview .lets hope he has his darts head screwed on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

c'mon jacko. good darts all night, taylor looking unstopable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

betfair - got 14/1 on Jacko win, worth a punt! Took 2/1 on Jacko +2.5 sets

talk about trying to win the irish over, clever barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

Indeed, I'd love to see Jacko doin well. Loved his interview last night, raw emotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i would not like to be a bouncer there tonite

Barney playing the best i've seen in awhile, Jacko not really at the races but he'll improve as he settles.

• Advertisement

Crowd being an absolute disgrace again, end of the 2nd set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

going as expected.jacko to be fair though had a few chances to take the second set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

I think half the problem with the crowd is 75% of them are not there for the darts! To them its a night out on the beer
    padr81 wrote: »
    Crowd being an absolute disgrace again, end of the 2nd set.

Can i just say that crowd are a friggin DISGRACE...booing every player (except Jacko) and its a shame because the atmosphere up there gives them the potential to one the best crowds

Ashamed to be associated as being from the same country as them muppets,

Whatever for a bit of booing when Mervyn King is playing cos he's just a well known cuuunt but the way they're going on up there is just laughable

Players must be thinking wow these fans are muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

And also I was there last year for the friday game and basically I was surrounded by little clowns who have heard the darts is a great night out,

majority of them going around coke'd outta their heads, go into the toilet and hear them all sniffin away...little shams they really are, next year tickets should be allocated to darts clubs around the country and given first priority, like the GAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I feel sorry for the genuine darts fans there tonight,the occasion is been ruined by people on a misson to get completely intoxicated and jeer,boo and chant at every opportunity! This behaviour seems to becoming acceptable in televised PDC tournaments and the PDC have to take the blame in this regard,they seem to let the crowds do what they like,even the referees won't ask the crowd to quiten down any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

What was the score with Jacko & Barney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

WH BONNEY wrote: »
    What was the score with Jacko & Barney

4 zip to Barney. Never gonna be any other way but fair play to Jacko.

i think after the frist 5 or 6 legs jacko did quite well. Never threatened a win but could of stole the 2nd set. Barney seemed well pissed with the crowd at the end of the 2nd set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Just back from the Citywest about a 1/2 hour ago, was meant to be on the balcony but we got new tickets when we entered the venue, we where in row h, brilliant stuff!:D:D What a night!:D

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Just back from the Citywest about a 1/2 hour ago, was meant to be on the balcony but we got new tickets when we entered the venue, we where in row h, brilliant stuff!:D:D What a night!:D

You weren't the guy who had "any yokes" written on his card no?? :)
    The booing didn't take from the atmosphere then. I reckon it's all a fuss over nothing, all part of the evening. Best players it's water off a ducks back.

• Advertisement

Ass holes who where booing Barney where getting on me nerves apart from that had a great laugh!

You weren't the guy who had "any yokes" written on his card no?? :)
    The booing didn't take from the atmosphere then. I reckon it's all a fuss over nothing, all part of the evening. Best players it's water off a ducks back.

We were sitting right beside them!:D Felt angry about the booing, I had a sign saying "The Rat is Here"!:D

Didn't see that card!

The atmosphere looked mighty though I must take a trip some time.
    The booing is unfortunate but darts lends itself to it, and it happens in a lot of tournaments not just Dublin. The trakkie brigade shouldn't be allowed in.
    The blonde girl that walks in the players, is that the bird from Trinity who was on page 3?

Didn't see that card!

The atmosphere looked mighty though I must take a trip some time.
    The booing is unfortunate but darts lends itself to it, and it happens in a lot of tournaments not just Dublin. The trakkie brigade shouldn't be allowed in.
    The blonde girl that walks in the players, is that the bird from Trinity who was on page 3?

Yeah that's the page 3 girl!;):D Just watching the darts on TV now, just saw meself on it now!:eek::D

Bought meself darts, a dart shirt, loads of shafts and flights and a pdc teddy for my young cousin!:D Saw Double Top, JR and a few of the Fishing Club team out there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just back as well, quality night, loved it.

I was the designated driver in our group which made me more aware of all the bowsys around, id say i was the only sober person in the place and there were people in awful states who werent watching a shot and just boo'ed randomly and sang as loud as they could at the breaks, load of scumbags who as has been said are just there to get pissed. Disgrace tbh.

Seemed to be more darts fans up the front though where we were so it was fine. The atmosphere for the walk ons by the railings were class, Lewis's one was the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

great night out at the darts last night, think a lot of fuss over noise and booing is a bit much, obviously it shouldnt happen but if it affected the players that much im sure theyd kick up a fuss with barry hearn and the pdc and get it sorted obviously they know that its part and parcel of making the pdc as big and as popular as how its got. looking forward to tonight now, beer darts and football

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Yeah a good nite overall and great atmosphere. I agree the walk on's were classic.
    Not that it affected me that much as i was driving too but the bar waiting time was a disgrace. My brother left to get drinks after set1 of game1 and didnt arrive back until set 3 game2. The bar staff at hand would have been the right amount to serve a wedding of 200 guests. What made it worse is that they let everyone in too late so straight away the bar was 40 deep and going nowhere. Then as soon as game 2 came around the only drink you were able to buy were small plastic bottles of magners some even with the lids on. The pitchers dried up so people were carrying multiple bottles back. Some people were even walking back to the hotel proper to get the drinks they wanted. Shambles.
    I suggest if your going tonite and fancy a beer to bring your DuffMan cap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sorry lads but I had a shocking night last night. Firstly the organisation of the venue is an absolute joke. I missed the entire Painter v Hamilton match because it took that long to get a drink. Some absolute prick started accusing my girlfriend of skipping the queue and started to square up to her and threatened to hit her! I was in the toilet and when I came out she was in tears. I tell you that lad is lucky I wasn't there whe he said that! Loads of absolute clowns in there booing the whole time and acting the prick by throwing things at people.

The atmosphere for the Jacko match was brilliant and it was the one good thing about the night bar the booing. Fair play to him for putting up a fight.

Lewis played well and was very unlucky not to be closer but missed doubles cost him. Same story with the pie-man, he should have won a couple of sets.

Not a great night darts wise and the rest was a joke.

Oh rat think I saw you in the queue but wasn't sure. JR was on my bus and I saw D.T. and a few others in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Used to be great craic there years ago before the crowds started going. It was no problem sneaking into the players lounge after it was over and chatting to the lads. Would not even dream of going near it now, it looks fukkin shambolic.

Advertisement