Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

really looking to the friday now. should be some good games. dissapointed in a way that wade is out, as he is one of the few who could give taylor a game, but priestly beat him fair and square, just hope he can keep the form up. would be great to see him get to the semis.

barney pulled it out of the bag, but didnt like seeing him giving up and throwing at bull for his double, a la mardle.

beaton looked good, but ronny was pants.

M van G just never got going.

great night of darts though, roll on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Shocking that there is no option on skybet to bet on there being a 9 darter tonight

i really am feeling that with Taylor, Lewis and Anderson its gonna happen

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Folks,
    Few questions from a first-timer, tomorrow night... What's the best time to get there in order to get decent seats?
    What time does it finish?
    Also, I have a taxi booked to Lusk for after; if anyone in the Rush/Lusk/Skerries area wants to share, let me know!
    Thanks

It starts at 7, if your not there by 7 your seats will be opened to the security to place people in them, thus you might turn up and your seats are gone

so get there before 7

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shocking that there is no option on skybet to bet on there being a 9 darter tonight

i really am feeling that with Taylor, Lewis and Anderson its gonna happen

Surely one of the other bookies has an option for it?

Skybet are rubbish anyway, terrible odds. Ridiculous that you can't place a cash bet in the City West, first time I have ever heard of that at a darts tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thedazza

Does anyone know the quickest and cheapest way back into town on friday after the darts

well paddy power barely cover the event for match odds at least skybet give me lots of betting options

im heading tonight and im currently backing

Anderson 3-2 Lewis
    Jenkins 3-1 Dudbridge
    Lewis/Anderson (more than 7 180's in the match)
    Lloyd 3-1 Smith

thedazza wrote: »
    Does anyone know the quickest and cheapest way back into town on friday after the darts

Taxi's line up outside the hotel

You can get the 69 bus starts about 3 or 4 stops away on its way back to town and the last two 69 buses are 10:50pm and 12:05 Midnight, both are a restricted service i.e. they dont go the full way to aston quay they stop at Conyngham Rd. Bus Garage, which is just at the phoenix park entrace at the end of the quays, so you would get off the bus at the end of the quays, so big walk up, luas if its still running or a taxi up the quays

finally you could taxi to tallaght luas station and luas to town

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ladbrokes is the best site for darts betting, don;t think they have odds on a 9-darter either though.

Just cross referencing the odds there, look almost identicle, i dont feel so robbed

Jacko at 300/1 to win the tournament, think thats a bit much, they have newton,jones,smith at 100/1, could have put jacko in at 150/1, he still wont win it either way but the bookies are effectively rating him as 3 times less likely to win it than newton or jones, i think he's about the same chance to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Surely one of the other bookies has an option for it?

Skybet are rubbish anyway, terrible odds. Ridiculous that you can't place a cash bet in the City West, first time I have ever heard of that at a darts tournament.

I was at the premierleague in belfast earlier in the year and there were no cash bookies at that, they were handing out flyers for boylesports phone betting so i had to set one up. Did a lucky 15 on all draws....think it was one of the only nights to not serve up even 1 draw!

My mistake, maybe it's just tournaments that are run on our Island that has no bookies! It's probablyy because the Premier League isn't sponsored by a bookies.

I suppose it's not a big deal, can just put a bet on before heading in but it's very strange for a tournament that is sponsored by a bookies not to have a cash stall.

im annoyed i had to put bets on prehand, they are done now, but i didnt want to think about the bets until i was there and in the mood and stuff

ah well, if i get the penchance for another flutter later i'll have to leave it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I was at the premierleague in belfast earlier in the year and there were no cash bookies at that, they were handing out flyers for boylesports phone betting so i had to set one up. Did a lucky 15 on all draws....think it was one of the only nights to not serve up even 1 draw!

I've been there last couple of years. I'm not sure the 1st time I went because I was sitting on side seating. Last season I had table seats and yeah the place was plastered with flyers for boylesports. I had already done my bet that day in a bookies in town centre before going.
    My mistake, maybe it's just tournaments that are run on our Island that has no bookies! It's probablyy because the Premier League isn't sponsored by a bookies.

I suppose it's not a big deal, can just put a bet on before heading in but it's very strange for a tournament that is sponsored by a bookies not to have a cash stall.

I sort of got impression last year boylesports were the sponsor. As already said the place was plastered with flyers and I think on the big screen's they had updates with boylesports odds and telephone number.....obviously incase nobody found any of the 1.4 billion flyers :p

I'll do same again this year and do bet on way through town. Plenty of bookies on way to odyssey.

Premier League was sponsored by Boylesports last year

Grand Prix is sponsored by Skybet

Premier League was sponsored by Boylesports last year
    i thought it was Whyte and Mackay or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

i thought it was Whyte and Mackay or something like that?

Thats a drinks company though, they were probably main sponsor for tournament, but maybe boylesports were the bookie sponsor. Nothing to stop the PDC getting sponsors for different aspects of the game. Football does it, eg shirt makers, shirt sponsor, stadium sponsor, bookies,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Pretty Sure Skybet havent got a license to operate in Ireland, they got away with it the last two years though.

All the bookies should have a lot more on offer now the first round best of 3 matches are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Lewis-Anderson is turning out to be a three set classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

What a match, fecking brilliant stuff!:D Only thing missing is a nine darter, it has every thing else, classic!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Lewis was lucky, the doubles fecked anderson up big time, I'd say only for the double start anderson would have come out on top. Great match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Epic game, if Anderson could brush up his doubles and get his bottle together he'd be unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Cracking game of darts,Anderson's double starting deserted him when he needed it most in the last set. The 167 and 140 finishes by Lewis were brilliant under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

So close to the 9 darter, save it for Friday Phil....

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

another night of great darts.

Some great games last night. I was very disappointed with Colin Lloyd. After a near pefect first set he then let his head drop after Smith started to find his range and win a few legs. You can tell that Lloyd really suffers from confidence issues. We all know he has great ability and I would love to see him back in finals etc but I don't think it will happen purely because he isn't right upstairs. Well doen to the pie man though, very likeable bloke!

Great game between Lewis and Anderson. The standard wasn;t nearly as good as Sky's hype machine were making out with Anderson only averaging 85 and Lewis just over 90 but it had everything in the entertainment stakes; great finishes, plenty of 180's and a bit of needle. In fairness to Lewis he never set foot in the black zone so Anderson had no reason to complain. Yet again it's Anderson's doubles that let him down. There is no point banging in 180's if you can't hit a double. I wa simpressed with Lewis's attitude, no more cocky show boating and much more focused. Hopefully he won't crumble when playing Taylor like he usually does.

Taylor was just too good for Jones. Jones actually played very well and only lost his throw twice, one of which was Taylors near 9 darter. It's just Taylor's consistency that won it. I really can't see anyone beating Taylor unless they play the game of their lives.

The last match was a very good high quality game. Jenkins doubles in was the difference in the end as Dudbridge couldn't get going in a lot of the legs. I think 3-1 flattered Jenkins, 3-2 prob would have been about right. It's great to see Dudbridge back playing proper darts again for 3 years of rubbish. Jenkins against his best mate the pie man in the quarters now, that should be interesting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

Some great games last night. I was very disappointed with Colin Lloyd. After a near pefect first set he then let his head drop after Smith started to find his range and win a few legs. You can tell that Lloyd really suffers from confidence issues. We all know he has great ability and I would love to see him back in finals etc but I don't think it will happen purely because he isn't right upstairs. Well doen to the pie man though, very likeable bloke!

Great game between Lewis and Anderson. The standard wasn;t nearly as good as Sky's hype machine were making out with Anderson only averaging 85 and Lewis just over 90 but it had everything in the entertainment stakes; great finishes, plenty of 180's and a bit of needle. In fairness to Lewis he never set foot in the black zone so Anderson had no reason to complain. Yet again it's Anderson's doubles that let him down. There is no point banging in 180's if you can't hit a double. I wa simpressed with Lewis's attitude, no more cocky show boating and much more focused. Hopefully he won't crumble when playing Taylor like he usually does.

Taylor was just too good for Jones. Jones actually played very well and only lost his throw twice, one of which was Taylors near 9 darter. It's just Taylor's consistency that won it. I really can't see anyone beating Taylor unless they play the game of their lives.

The last match was a very good high quality game. Jenkins doubles in was the difference in the end as Dudbridge couldn't get going in a lot of the legs. I think 3-1 flattered Jenkins, 3-2 prob would have been about right. It's great to see Dudbridge back playing proper darts again for 3 years of rubbish. Jenkins against his best mate the pie man in the quarters now, that should be interesting! :)

i bought into the hype i must admit last night.it seemed like anderson and lewis averaged higher than 85-90.whats worse its not just sid at it.all the commentators are saying we will definitely have a 9 darter this week.

anderson can have no complaints about the lewis incident.maybe if he had hit the double in the first place he might have won the first set.he could go out in the first round of the world championship in december if hes not careful.highly impressed with lewis this tournament.always thought he was overrated.could give taylor a game of it.

dudbridge should have made it 2-2.jenkins is there to be beaten in the early rounds.should make the semis now.taylor looks to be cruising through the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Really enjoyed the Anderson Lewis game. Backed Lewis at 6/4 but heard there was bombs for him on betfair just before the game. What price did he go off anybody no?

The earlier posters asking about where to bet you, just bet in boylesports. They do good prices now and offer all the markets.

More lol at the skybet situation, their rep said they were "looking" for somebody to run the stall and asked if I knew anybody. I said "yeah sure give me a tank and I'll see what I can do" as i walked off with two 4-pint pitchers!

i couldnt bet on a betting site for a 9 darters last night, but i put a 5er on a mate that it would happen, kept it interesting with all the 160 starts and lewis anderson hitting 16 180's between them, great darts

really enjoyed it bar the lack of the bookies, we ripped the piss out of a very drunk kenny egan, a scottish girl beside us even got him to autograph a sign that said "Kenny- Noone remembers second place - China #1, my mate got him to autograph a whispa because my other mate said he would lose all respect for kenny if he signs a wispa, fair enough if he's so drunk he cant read, but everyone knows what a wispa is.

gas night, there was fights in the crowd, the needle between anderson and lewis

wish i was going tonight to watch jacko

• Advertisement

What in gods name was i doing during the second last leg of taylors game that made me miss a near 9 darter, only reading the report now and realising he was a bullseye away from the feat

Advertisement