Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

barney shaking his head a lot off screen, I think this is over already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A poor final,2 players playing well below their normal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

3-2 to Taylor!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Barney is a sulky cnut.

Hed want to cop the fcuk on.

Its a major final and hes acting the Harry Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Barney is crumbling.........

The Power got it in the bag.

4 - 2

• Advertisement

4-2 to Taylor, can't see Barney coming back tbh.

Barney's finishing has been sh!te

FFS Barney is desperate

5 - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

redout wrote: »
    FFS Barney is desperate

5 - 2

Just hasnt got the minerals has he, Taylor was there for the taking tonight he'll never get a better chance to beat him IMO.

The fvckin crowd are a shower of c*nts.

Taylor gettin all the boo's

Hardly deserves it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ramblers

501darts wrote: »
    The REAL Irish darts fans attend the Ireland Players' Championship and the many tournaments in Kilkenny and Tramore and they will be out in force in Killarney next weekend where they will give the PDC players a proper Irish welcome

I couldn,t agree more....

i am a real dart fan i am not at kilkenny or tramore so wat does dat make me then and i play darts aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

And the gobshítes booing Taylor don't seem to realise that if anything it makes him play better - he's loving it. Drunk and fooking stupid some of that crowd.

The Power is a machine!!!!!!!!

6 - 3

All over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ramblers

he won and they are still booing him wat the fck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

these two men have utter respect for each other , taylor was the only winner .
    i very happy for barney ,fxxk he even smiled .

if barney had the hungry and the passion for the game that the power has there would only ever be one final .

lets hope barney gets his health problems in order and give the worlds a real run .

ps ,the crowed booing is a let down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A great week of darts has been overshadowed by the antics from sections of the crowd booing and jeering all the week. Taylor got a rough reception all week from the crowd as well as tonight,it's totally out of order but it's very hard to see how they can stop it? Well done to the Power once again,the man is unstoppable.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    A great week of darts has been overshadowed by the antics from sections of the crowd booing and jeering all the week. Taylor got a rough reception all week from the crowd as well as tonight,it's totally out of order but it's very hard to see how they can stop it? Well done to the Power once again,the man is unstoppable.
    Maybe if they stopped serving drink it wouldn't be happening as much.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

You can't ban beer!:eek::( Just kick the idiots out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Did nobody notice that Taylor said his condolances are with Robbie Williams' family for their tragic loss last night??

ratinakeg wrote: »
    You can't ban beer!:eek::( Just kick the idiots out!
    I know where you are coming from, but if there was no drink then these idiots wouldn't come in the first place and there would only be people there purely for the darts. But its a battle they can't really win as they can't/won't ban drink and these muppets will still go and boo. So we will have to get on with it.

• Advertisement

Hunty wrote: »
    Did nobody notice that Taylor said his condolances are with Robbie Williams' family for their tragic loss last night??
    :confused: I thought he said his was going to dedicate the win to Robbie Williams and his father but then he decided to dedicate it to Stephen Gately and his family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Its is unfortunate that this game of our is being sold out in the name of money, but that is part and parcel of it. The bigger it gets the wider the audience and then of course the more likely muppets are going to be present.

Sure just look at poker over the last 8+ years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    I know where you are coming from, but if there was no drink then these idiots wouldn't come in the first place and there would only be people there purely for the darts. But its a battle they can't really win as they can't/won't ban drink and these muppets will still go and boo. So we will have to get on with it.

Yeah, what can they do to stop these idiots coming to watch the darts? Agree with you 100% we'll have to get on with it until somebody has a better idea!:( We need our beer!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Yeh he did change the Robbie Williams comment to Stephen Gately but its weird cos they're not the kinda people you'd mix up!

lol Take That and Boyzone mix up there from phil

couldnt hear a tihng in the crowd with regard the interview, ah well

enjoyed that final, Free is always sweetest

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Hunty wrote: »
    Yeh he did change the Robbie Williams comment to Stephen Gately but its weird cos they're not the kinda people you'd mix up!

he didnt mix them up. He said he was going to dedicate the win to Robbies father who has just died in the past week - they are both from Stoke, but then he said he would dedicate it to Gately instead.

Have to say i was absolutely disgusted with the booing from the crowd all week. An absolute embarressment to the irish people and sports in this country. One or two of the bigger names should have said something negative about it as you could see it was affecting the players all week. Ive never heard anything like it at any other televised tournament.

Enjoyed tonight, thought the crowd did well when barney was 4-2, 5-2 down and they started singing for barney and getting right behind him, it seemed to pick him up a bit

not as much boo-ing tonight and i personally told some idiots to shut the F up boo-ing lads and stop being absolute thickheads and hve some respect for the guys throwing, they didnt boo after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Somone made the point on here about the crowd booing Brendan Dolan and supporting Taylor, if Brendan lived 20 miles across the border would the same happen this goes to show how much some of these people know about darts.

I know Brendan well and he is a gentleman more so than some of the other players that were throwing last week, at least he wont be walking around Killarney with "a head" on him like some other players last year.

On a last note there was a gang of lads from London in my local last Thursday night and they could not believe how unmannerly the crowd were, shameful to see a sport I love being spoiled by a gang of boozed up clowns, this is only going to get worse in the upcomming years unless somthing is done at the venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

I never said the crowd were booing Brendan Dolan, I was just making the point that they should have supported him more and by the lack of support for him meant those who did choose to support him resorted to booing Taylor mid throw in order to have desired effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement