Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options
  • 07-09-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Full list of players;

32 players are as follows

8 seeds in italics

16 players from the PDC Order of Merit
    1. Phil Taylor
    2. James Wade
    3. Raymond van Barneveld
    4. John Part
    5. Terry Jenkins
    6. Ronnie Baxter
    7. Mervyn King
    8. Adrian Lewis

9. Colin Lloyd
    10. Dennis Priestley
    11. Alan Tabern
    12. Colin Osborne
    13. Mark Walsh
    14. Wayne Mardle
    15. Andy Hamilton
    16. Kevin Painter

12 players from the Players Championship Order of Merit
    17. Gary Anderson
    18. Robert Thornton
    19. Andy Smith
    20. Wayne Jones
    21. Mark Dudbridge
    22. Michael van Gerwen
    23. Steve Beaton
    24. Vincent van der Voort
    25. Paul Nicholson
    26. Jamie Caven
    27. Denis Ovens
    28. Wes Newton

Top 4 Irish players from Players Championship Order of Merit
    29. Brendan Dolan
    30. Mick McGowan
    31. Jacko Barry
    32. John McGowan

Prize Money

Winner: £100,000
    Runner-Up: £40,000
    Semi-Finalist: £20,000
    Quarter Finalist: £12,500
    Last 16: £7,000
    Last 32: £4,000

Disappointed Jelle Klaasen is not there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

anyone get their tickets yet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No haven't got mine yet, they really do leave it until the last minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Blue2005

Whats the story with the 1/4 final tickets, Do you need to get seperate tickets for afternoon session and the evening session or just one set of tickets for the whole day?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Blue2005 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the 1/4 final tickets, Do you need to get seperate tickets for afternoon session and the evening session or just one set of tickets for the whole day?

What afternoon session?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Blue2005 wrote: »

No quarter finals afternoon session at the Grand Prix, the afternoon session is only at the World Championships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

anyone get their tickets yet?

Nope not yet!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Goin on the friday night (quarter final night), tickets for that night are sold out, the one in the citywest said its the only night sold out at the moment.

Yep Friday is the only night it is sold out;

http://www.pdc.tv/page/GrandPrixDetail/0,,10180~1790581,00.html

Ah cool, I thought it wasn't moving to the new convention centre until next year. Looking forward to seeing what the new venue is like. One thing is for sure though, you don't want to be at the back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Have my tickets ordered for the semi-finals on Saturday. Have never been before but is it a first come - first served on the seats? What time do the doors open? Any help is appreciated.

LR.

• Advertisement

Nope not first come first served, it used to be but they have changed for some stupid reason. Your tickets will have a table and seat number printed on them and that's your seat. Last year it was totally random but after loads of people kicked up a fuss (I bought mine first day onsale and was at the back!) they have changed it so first people to buy tickets will be up the front.

As for doors, it's usually an hour before the darts start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Nope not first come first served, it used to be but they have changed for some stupid reason. Your tickets will have a table and seat number printed on them and that's your seat. Last year it was totally random but after loads of people kicked up a fuss (I bought mine first day onsale and was at the back!) they have changed it so first people to buy tickets will be up the front.

As for doors, it's usually an hour before the darts start.

Good stuff, ordered my tickets on the first day of general sale. Should have a grand position, really looking forward to seeing the darts live... have been talking about going for the last couple of years and finally got a few of the lads to stump up the few quid to go!

I know the double in - double out can throw some of the pro's off their game so it should make for an entertainig night.

i ordered in the pre sale on PDC.tv, my seats better be friggin awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

The draw for the Skybet World Grand Prix in Dublin has been made with defending champion and top seed Phil Taylor meeting home player Brendan Dolan in the first round.

The tournament takes place between October 5-11 at the Citywest International Event Conference Centre.

Number two seed and 2007 champion James Wade has been given a testing first round assignment against Dennis Priestly, while last year's beaten finalist Raymond van Barneveld takes on St Helens thrower Alan Tabern.

There are a host of intriguing clashes elsewhere with 2004 champ Colin Lloyd facing off against fourth seed John Part, Terry Jenkins taking on Wayne Mardle and Kevin Painter battling Michael van Gerwen.

The draw for the tournament was be made on Tuesday morning, ahead of the opening day of Championship League Darts, and drawn by 2001 champion and PDPA Chief Executive Alan Warriner-Little.

First round draw:

Phil Taylor (1) v Brendan Dolan
    Wayne Jones v Paul Nicholson
    Adrian Lewis (8) v Robert Thornton
    John MaGowan v Gary Anderson
    Terry Jenkins (5) v Wayne Mardle
    Denis Ovens v Mark Dudbridge
    John Part (4) v Colin Lloyd
    Andy Smith v Vincent van der Voort
    James Wade (2) v Dennis Priestley
    Kevin Painter v Michael van Gerwen
    Mervyn King (7) v Colin Osborne
    Andy Hamilton v Mark Walsh
    Ronnie Baxter (6) v Steve Beaton
    Jacko Barry v Mick McGowan
    R van Barneveld (3) v Alan Tabern
    Wes Newton v Jamie Caven

Jacko .vs. Mick Mcgowan

Absolutely !!!

Ha that's a great first round draw jacko v mick. On current form I reckon jacko will take that.

Some really tasty draws in that first round!

poor Magowan getting taylor, on taylor form is could be horrible to watch

Dolan got Taylor!;)

Thats what i meant!!!! :D

Thats what i meant!!!! :D

I forgive you!;):D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Skybet World Grand Prix Scedule of Play:-
    Monday October 5
    First Round
    Wayne Jones v Paul Nicholson
    Andy Smith v Vincent van der Voort
    Denis Ovens v Mark Dudbridge
    John Part v Colin Lloyd
    John MaGowan v Gary Anderson
    Phil Taylor v Brendan Dolan
    Terry Jenkins v Wayne Mardle
    Adrian Lewis v Robert Thornton

Tuesday October 6
    First Round
    Wes Newton v Jamie Caven
    Andy Hamilton v Mark Walsh
    Kevin Painter v Michael van Gerwen
    Mervyn King v Colin Osborne
    Jacko Barry v Mick McGowan
    James Wade v Dennis Priestley
    Raymond van Barneveld v Alan Tabern
    Ronnie Baxter v Steve Beaton

Wednesday October 7
    Second Round
    Part/Lloyd v Smith/van der Voort
    Lewis/Thornton v MaGowan/Anderson
    Taylor/Dolan v Jones/Nicholson
    Jenkins/Mardle v Ovens/Dudbridge

Thursday October 8
    Second Round
    King/Osborne v Hamilton/Walsh
    van Barneveld/Tabern v Newton/Caven
    Wade/Priestley v Painter/van Gerwen
    Baxter/Beaton v Barry/McGowan

Friday October 9
    Quarter-Finals
    Jenkins/Mardle/Ovens/Dudbridge v Part/Lloyd/Smith/van der Voort
    Wade/Priestley/Painter/van Gerwen v King/Osborne/Hamilton/Walsh
    Taylor/Dolan/Jones/Nicholson v Lewis/Thornton/MaGowan/Anderson
    Baxter/Beaton/Barry/McGowan v van Barneveld/Tabern/Newton/Caven

Saturday October 10
    Semi-Finals

Sunday October 11
    Final

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Just off the phone to Citywest and have been told that tickets are going to go out in the post at the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Grudle wrote: »
    Just off the phone to Citywest and have been told that tickets are going to go out in the post at the end of the week.

cheers for that i was getting worried myself was going to ring them...no need now;)

Just got me tickets in the post this morning!:D I'm in seating area Balcony, Block A, Row E. I hope I'm near to the front!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Me too, im in seating area floor, row J, table 5.

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Just got me tickets in the post this morning!:D I'm in seating area Balcony, Block A, Row E. I hope I'm near to the front!;)

Balcony? Fúck that, no way i want to on a balcony!

Think you got done there rat.

Balcony? Fúck that, no way i want to on a balcony!

Think you got done there rat.

Are they sh!t seats? I booked early enough! Will it be close to the stage?

To be honest I haven't seen the new conference centre so i don't actually know where the balcony is. Thing is though with a balcony you probably won't have a table for your drinks, you will be out of the main audience so not as good an atmosphere and it will be a pain in the balls getting drinks. On the plus side you will have a much better view :)

I sit on the side at the World Championships and it's just annoying having no table and not been in with the main action. Suppose once you're pissed it doesn't matter.

I coud be wrong about being no table but judging from your ticket I don't think there is.

To be honest I haven't seen the new conference centre so i don't actually know where the balcony is. Thing is though with a balcony you probably won't have a table for your drinks, you will be out of the main audience so not as good an atmosphere and it will be a pain in the balls getting drinks. On the plus side you will have a much better view :)

I sit on the side at the World Championships and it's just annoying having no table and not been in with the main action. Suppose once you're pissed it doesn't matter.

I coud be wrong about being no table but judging from your ticket I don't think there is.

Cheers KingP, I don't really mind if I don't have a table or not, once I have a good view and once I can get drink. They wrote on the letter that it'll be easier to get your drink this year, so I'm happy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Cheers KingP, I don't really mind if I don't have a table or not, once I have a good view and once I can get drink. They wrote on the letter that it'll be easier to get your drink this year, so I'm happy enough!
    to be honest rat mate if there's tiered seating or balcony's it will be better than sitting at the back of the last place you might aswell be in another building i was at the worlds final this year and thought the seating was super compared to city west it was tiered seating therefore even the worst seat's were fairly close to the stage city west should have a seating plan online like most places

Advertisement