Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

The Bull wrote: »
    from lookin at the TV last night and taken into account what u said above i have done a rough layout of the hall seating, Hopefully its close to the layout as there is no official layout available.

I hope I'm in one of those side balconies!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Wes Newton played bloody brilliant tonight! I had Caven in my bet but he was well beaten, Newton seemed to hit every double(in and out).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I still think Mick Ma Gowan will do Jacko Barry.

A great set to watch, could of went anyway! Don't know who to support in this one, all I'll say is c'mon Ireland!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 franky4fingers

Lads, never been to the Citywest before for the Darts. What are the balcony tickets like? Any one know the layout? Block D far from the main stage?

• Advertisement

Lads, never been to the Citywest before for the Darts. What are the balcony tickets like? Any one know the layout? Block D far from the main stage?

There are side balconies this year along with a balcony at the back, I'd rather be on the side ones as the back one is a far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

jesus some bad darts. Hard to watch this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 franky4fingers

Cheers. And is it a case of access all areas? Can balcony-ticket holders enter the main floor?

greened wrote: »
    jesus some bad darts. Hard to watch this one.

Was not the best at all but I still enjoyed it watching it for some reason! The amount of missed doubles was shocking and even some big numbers missed!:eek:

Cheers. And is it a case of access all areas? Can balcony-ticket holders enter the main floor?

Don't think so!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Was not the best at all but I still enjoyed it watching it for some reason! The amount of missed doubles was shocking and even some big numbers missed!:eek:

ye could not believe the missed big numbers. Have a feeling that Priestly might take this one!

greened wrote: »
    ye could not believe the missed big numbers. Have a feeling that Priestly might take this one!

Yeah Priestly has a great record against Wade and Wade did go out in the first round last year. C'mon Priestly!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I'm here at city west, balcony looks annex but at all points is further than a table, table number is how close you are, row j-n would be near centre

Delighted jacko did the business, very tense here, new centre has taken some me the atmosphere but its big and not full, been on tv loads tonigt and started the "there's only one jacko Barry chant", no cash bookie, account betting only but no tokens thank god, 7 for a burger, 5 for a hotdog, 3 for a coke, 15 for a pitcher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Row J table 5 is sounding pretty sweet so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

will priestly hold throw the get the win? he is playing fairly well.

Wexford you would be near the walk in area, left of stage, front set of tables half way from the stage

Wexford you would be near the walk in area, left of stage, front set of tables half way from the stage

great game here by priestly

Yessss!:D:D:D:D

Dennis played super, kinda ruins the tournament for me though, raging i wont get to see Wade friday and the possibly the only player who could beat Taylor (if hes at the top of his game obv) is now gone.

Unless Barney has got his head together (which i doubt) its another penalty kick for Taylor.

• Advertisement

great game by dennis, but can anderson is capable of beating taylor is say?

Not looking good for Barney on his return, Tabern throwing some great darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

lads how did this one end

jacko barry won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭briany

Good win there for Barney. These first to two matches are the toughest of all in my opinion.

What a night, loved it, Barney looked well beaten cant believe he turned it around

Jacko Barry .vs. Steve Beaten

Poxy PDC now want 30 euro for the thursday night, apparently purely coz jacko is there

its 15 quid wednesday, 30 quid thursday

REDICULOUS, would love to have supported jacko again, not sure i can afford 30 quid

What a night, loved it, Barney looked well beaten cant believe he turned it around

Jacko Barry .vs. Steve Beaten

Poxy PDC now want 30 euro for the thursday night, apparently purely coz jacko is there

its 15 quid wednesday, 30 quid thursday

REDICULOUS, would love to have supported jacko again, not sure i can afford 30 quid

According to the site the price was always 30??

2009 Skybet World Grand Prix
    Monday October 5 (6pm-12am)
    First Round x8
    Tickets: €15

Tuesday October 6 (6pm-12am)
    First Round x8

Wednesday October 7 (7pm-12am)
    Second Round x4

Thursday October 8 (7pm-12am)
    Second Round x4
    Tickets: €30

Friday October 9 (6pm-12am)
    Quarter-Finals
    Tickets: €35

Saturday October 10 (7pm-11pm)
    Semi-Finals
    Tickets: €40

Sunday October 11 (7pm-10pm)
    Final
    Tickets: €45

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good night of darts. The first few matches were mostly one sided, Wes Newton looked very good and Hamilton played well in a good match against Walsh. Osbourne never really got going despite only narrowly losing and neither did MvG who loses first round again.

The Jacko v Mick match was great for entertainment with so many missed doubles but it was a very poor quality affair. Missing loads of doubles and missing big numbers BUT I know that both of them were very nervous so it can be forgiven. As Jacko said in his great interview afterwards if he was playing anyone else ge wouldn't have been so nervous, it was the fact that he was playing Mick that he couldn't settle. He will be much better against Beaten and has a good chance of making the quarters.

What can I say about Priestley, absolute legend and by far my favourite player. He played som fantastic darts last night and it would have been very cruel if Wade had nicked it. Short format suits Priestley and hopefully he can further now and at leats make the quarters!

Barney looked very dodgy in the first set, shaking his head and so on. He got it together in the end to scrape over but there is still a lot of work for him to do. he won;t win it on this form but I was delighted to see his celebrations, it shows he hasn't lost the love for the game.

Baxter was rubbish and Beaten was good. Enough said about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

7 for a burger, 5 for a hotdog, 3 for a coke
    Great to see rip of Ireland is still alive and well, the same old ****e of fleeceing the darts fans and I'm sure it will be the same again in Killarney in two weeks time.

I've been at tournments in the North and you will get your food at a decent price.

Anyhoo great to see Dennis get through after all he went through that will show Sky/PDC he was the man who should have got the PL wild card this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Done my religion last night betting on the darts. Very entertaining games but oh so costly. You could run them 8 matches again 2nite and get 8 diff results!Very difficult from a punters point of view.
    Venue is a poor comparison on last year. Much much bigger and prob less ppl than last year. Maybe by the Fri night it will be okay but Mon/Tues was like a barn half full and no atmosphere.
    Lol at Skybet, they had two guys running the book for them on Mon night who were operating off ticket numbers and boards like the dogs. They went 4/5 about the even money shots and 2/1 Mcgowan against Anderson (who was 4s on the skybet site!). Total joke and no surprise they were turfed out by Tues night. So no on-site betting available now for those coming this wk, get your bets on before you arrive.

Advertisement