Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andrewski

What alcohol are they serving this year in the IECC does anyone know? Last time I was there in 2006 , it was only Amstel and Cider. Heading up Saturday evening and really hoping theres Guinness on tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SRFC Ultras

andrewski wrote: »
    What alcohol are they serving this year in the IECC does anyone know? Last time I was there in 2006 , it was only Amstel and Cider. Heading up Saturday evening and really hoping theres Guinness on tap.

I've been there the last 3 nights and on tap they had Coors, Guinness, Heiniken, Smithwick, Bulmers, that I remember. Pitchers are they way to go at €15 as pints are a bit of a pain in the arse at €5.05

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Pretty sure that was Claire Tully walking mervyn king on the stage there

PHOOAAARR fox in the box indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I wa simpressed with Lewis's attitude, no more cocky show boating and much more focused. Hopefully he won't crumble when playing Taylor like he usually does.

I think the needle between lewis and anderson started about 5 minutes before due to lewis. He missed a double in 1 of the early legs and as he walked back he looked at anderson and shrugged his shoulders as if to say "Big deal", then the camera switched to show anderson's face and he looked like he was gonna slap him.

I thought Lewis let himself down on few occassions, like when he hit a big check out and walked to each end of stage pointing at himself and wiping his shoulder(that could have been due to him slabbering on himself again :eek:). Also when they did have the "talk" with eachother the ref(Ross rusty voice) had to walk him off twice.

I think Taylor will crucify him.
    rag2gar wrote: »
    Backed Lewis at 6/4 but heard there was bombs for him on betfair just before the game. What price did he go off anybody no?

Where did you get 6/4, betfair? What do you mean bombs for him? :confused:

I got Lewis at evens(just before start) on P'power. No point betting on Anderson with the way he throws at the double

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Hamilton was very good in beating King 3-0 although King never showed up. Good game so far between Barney and Newton, quality stuff.

Walk on girls are looking good :)

Cracking atmosphere tonight. Really hope Dennis and Jacko can get through

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Who are the fúcking **** booing Newton when throwing for a double?

Very bad form and they should be thrown out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Shame on the people in the crowd who booed Newton, the lad could have gone 2-1 on Barney, for feck sake have these people no cop on as Newton is a sound fella compared to some of the other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Came on to say the same thing bloody clowns:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Was just about to post the same thing. Thats a fu*king disgrace. Newton is by far the better player. Barney is playing like an amateur.

I going tomorrow night and would rather watch Newton that the crap Barney is throwing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Fair play to Newton winning that set to level it, after the boo's it would have being easy to bottle it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Brilliant 103 finish, F#ck the Barney Army, C'mon Newton!

Very disappointed for Wes Newton. He deserved that match. He played the better darts and looked like he wanted it more, also those idiots in the crowd could well have cost him a set.

Barney is through but he looks all over the place with the same horrible attitude. I'm starting to dislike him at this stage. I would kill to have his talent and to be playing on the big stage. SORT YOURSELF OUT FFS!

Its all about Barney..looks disghusted after edging an epic..... Barely shook Newtons hand when it was starting the decider and then at the end again barely shook his hand.... Barneys just too good for the little people isn''t he!

Have to say starting to lose respect for him too. I am/was a big fan, but Wes deserverd to win that. Played much the better and more solid darts.

Barney and his head shaking, who does he think he is...David Grey??

I'm there tomorrow, and to be honest I'll be cheering for either Beaton or Jacko against Barney. The sad thing is, he could make the semis playing probably the worst darts of all the players there this week. Pretty much every other game has been top drawer, then Barney appears and drags the game down.

I think if he carries this form to the end of the year, he should consider going back to be a postman, but he'd probably miss the letter box!

Very disappointed for Wes Newton. He deserved that match. He played the better darts and looked like he wanted it more, also those idiots in the crowd could well have cost him a set.

Barney is through but he looks all over the place with the same horrible attitude. I'm starting to dislike him at this stage. I would kill to have his talent and to be playing on the big stage. SORT YOURSELF OUT FFS!

Exactly what I've been thinking, he should also get rid of his boyfriend, why is he there? Never thought I'd cheer on somebody over Barney, well there you go!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Pretty much every other game has been top drawer, then Barney appears and drags the game down.

I think if he carries this form to the end of the year, he should consider going back to be a postman, but he'd probably miss the letter box!

Thats tripe tbh, his 3 dart average was 12th out of the 32 players in the first round, while its disappointing hes not playing his best hes still playing better than most of them and there have been some shocking matches so far.

Van Gerwen v Painter and Jacko against McGowan were awful standard wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Took Newton at 4/1 at start, couldn't believe barney was 1/6..........WTF?:confused:

I think Newton was very unlucky, especially with the pricks booing. No player should be booed at any stage of the game, but especially on such an important double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Lads heading 2moro night, just checked the tickets there and they are for the balcony, i know its in a new arena this year but just wonderin has any1 on here been there and sat on the balcony, I think id rather be on the floor tbh but got them late enough so beggars cant be choosers and all that.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Lads heading 2moro night, just checked the tickets there and they are for the balcony, i know its in a new arena this year but just wonderin has any1 on here been there and sat on the balcony, I think id rather be on the floor tbh but got them late enough so beggars cant be choosers and all that.

The balcony is at the back and the two sides (I think), I'd rather be on the side balconies as the back one seems miles away!

mdwexford wrote: »
    Thats tripe tbh, his 3 dart average was 12th out of the 32 players in the first round, while its disappointing hes not playing his best hes still playing better than most of them and there have been some shocking matches so far.

Van Gerwen v Painter and Jacko against McGowan were awful standard wise.

Sorry I don't agree. Barney would have been whitewashed tonight if he had met a Jenkins, Hamilton, Lewis or Wade calibur player.

You only go back 2 years and Barney was clearly the Number 2 player in the PDC, and knocking very heavily on Taylors Backdoor (I 'hank you!).

Now, he may still be 3rd on the order of merit, but if his form continues, and by Barneys standards it is horrible, he'll find himself slipping down the order pretty quickly.

The standard from the other more "average" players has improved greatly over the last 12-15 months, and Barney is going in reverse, rapidly.

His head is still not right, and is almost beaten before he takes the stage, especially when he's facing Taylor.

Barney needs to wise up and get mean "Eye of the Tiger" style. He needs to stop showing these players some respect, and believe he's better than them.

LAds heading tomorrow and saturday. How much a re the tokens for food/drink? And how are they working?

• Advertisement

No tokens

No tokens

So its cash only then? Not what was said in the leaflet with my tickets

Yup, its not as described at all

also no bookies, get your bets in prehand

Yup, its not as described at all

also no bookies, get your bets in prehand

Yea, had heard SKYBet were a shambles and now not there. I'm mean FFS what company doesn't want to take money off a couple thousand drunk Irish people????

What the hell is going on in this match? The best finish I have ever seen my life by Priestley but absolute rubbish otherwise. Horrible stuff and can't believe Dennis didn't win that set. I think Painter might take this now :(

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Sorry I don't agree. Barney would have been whitewashed tonight if he had met a Jenkins, Hamilton, Lewis or Wade calibur player.

You only go back 2 years and Barney was clearly the Number 2 player in the PDC, and knocking very heavily on Taylors Backdoor (I 'hank you!).

Now, he may still be 3rd on the order of merit, but if his form continues, and by Barneys standards it is horrible, he'll find himself slipping down the order pretty quickly.

The standard from the other more "average" players has improved greatly over the last 12-15 months, and Barney is going in reverse, rapidly.

His head is still not right, and is almost beaten before he takes the stage, especially when he's facing Taylor.

Barney needs to wise up and get mean "Eye of the Tiger" style. He needs to stop showing these players some respect, and believe he's better than them.

You actually havent disagreed with me at all, the above is all correct. :)

Although not Hamilton...

What the hell is going on in this match? The best finish I have ever seen my life by Priestley but absolute rubbish otherwise. Horrible stuff and can't believe Dennis didn't win that set. I think Painter might take this now :(

Yea that was mental. From the sublime (Priestleys 125 finish) to the ridiculous (both taking about 100 darts to get down to double 1)

I fear for Priestley all right. Be a shame for him he played so well against Wade

Crowd better show some class, you dont have to boo Beaton non stop to prove your supporting Jacko ffs.

Its not so much booing when he's throwing now as much as singing the entire time

jacko's having to put up with the singing and atmosphere just as much

loving this at the moment, beaten needs to relax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

The behaviour of the crowd is embarrassing. Booing any player is way out of order. Steve Beaton deserves more respect from the crowd.

Advertisement