Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dlavelle

Quick question, I have six tickets for the Friday night, mate of mine has 4 more but at a different table. Would there be any chance of moving the 4 of them to our table or would that be frowned upon?! Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MACK DE KNIFE

wayne mardle gets the brush:rolleyes: the man is crazy going 4 bulls againest the bull what was he thinking:rolleyes: never tries anymore, shud of been looking for big doubles:confused:

dlavelle wrote: »
    Quick question, I have six tickets for the Friday night, mate of mine has 4 more but at a different table. Would there be any chance of moving the 4 of them to our table or would that be frowned upon?! Cheers

not a chance its all table per number per sitting:mad:

Lads, Can a mate use my season ticket? He's looking to go Thursday when i can't make it - do they check anything?

yes any1 can use a season ticket:D

nice double 2morro painter to beat van gerwen and priestley to beat wade:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

nice double 2morro painter to beat van gerwen and priestley to beat wade:D:D

Sounds like a good double, I might put a tenner on that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah if you hate money i strongly advise backing Priestly to beat Wade. :p

Wade vs Priestly head to head record;

Played 14

Wade wins 4
    Priestly wins 9
    Draws 1

That should explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

wayne mardle gets the brush:rolleyes: the man is crazy going 4 bulls againest the bull what was he thinking:rolleyes: never tries anymore, shud of been looking for big doubles:confused:

Will they give him a Premier League wild card next year after that dung? I said it before and I'll say it again, "the great enterainer" me hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Anybody else noticed that Terry Jenkins,Andy Smith and Gary Anderson were all using the same dart's, is polished darts the new thing to have now a days. must be working out well cause they all got threw and played very well but even a blind three year old could of beaten mardle last night:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jlx

in the citywest last night good news, no tokens were used cash only, not definite yet but they reckon it will be cash only for the week. also a reminder dont wear any sports t-shirts football shirts etc or they wont let you in through the front door. if you have table no. 1-12 on your tickets you are seated in the top half, table no. 13-24 is in the back half.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

balls, I'm table 13 so just in the back half. Still that's not so bad. And that's great news about the tokens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Woo Row N Table 5, hopefully thats nice and close

gonna chance it tonight to support jacko and buy a ticket on the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jay077

What about the balcony seats what did they look like? Are they any use?:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

gonna chance it tonight to support jacko and buy a ticket on the door

What form is Jacko in? Thinking of putting a few quid on him.

He won 2 recent local tournaments and in one of them beat Mick Mcgowan in the semi

Talking to him he genuinely believes he'll come out the winner in this one. Mick Mcgowan was playing decently at the exhibition in Balbriggan where Caven, Van der Voort and Van Gerwen played but he was playing off 501 with amateurs on 501 too and didnt even try play exhibition stuff, just in for the kill. Hard to judge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

he was playing off 501 with amateurs on 501 too and didnt even try play exhibition stuff, just in for the kill. Hard to judge

doesn't strike me as a player full of confidence :confused:

Devastator wrote: »

I agree. I think Jacko will probably shade this one. Mick has been pretty poor on TV in the last 18 months and his confidence is probably very low.

I'm looking forward to it anyway, should be a cracking atmosphere for it.

Carrickman wrote: »
    Will they give him a Premier League wild card next year after that dung? I said it before and I'll say it again, "the great enterainer" me hole!

They can't give that disaster another chance, not after last season's league. He was abysmal in the matches he played, then he pulls out due to sickness.

Devastator wrote: »

Jamie Caven, Vincent Van Der Voort, Mick Mcgowan and Michael Van Gerwen played the entire night
    unbeaten

playing off 501 versus amateurs on 501

the only pro worth his salt was jamie caven who when he was a good bit ahead, would do exhibition outshots, we went for 3 double 1's against me and hit one or 2 from his knee etc, the other 3 however were a disgrace for their money

Paul Nicholsen showed up but wouldnt play
    Jelle Klassen cancelled for personal reasons

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Mick has been pretty poor on TV in the last 18 months and his confidence is probably very low.

Not a bit of wonder the fella's confidence has been low, just reading the following. Good luck to him for the future

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1816121,00.html

Paul Nicholsen showed up but wouldnt play

Doesn't surprise me at all, he is a very unlikeable fellow! Delighted he got knocked out last night especially since he tried to get the fans on his side with the green tie and the tri-colour wrist band!

Doesn't surprise me at all, he is a very unlikeable fellow! Delighted he got knocked out last night especially since he tried to get the fans on his side with the green tie and the tri-colour wrist band!

yea saw that meself, tri colours with fearless written on it...dope. i can't believe he's known as the bad boy of darts just because he had a little tantrum one night he think's he's all cool and that. if he calmed down and took his head out of his arse he would be a great player, really gald jones bet him he's really got alot better lately and he deserves a good run in a tournament

Double Top wrote: »
    yea saw that meself, tri colours with fearless written on it...dope. i can't believe he's known as the bad boy of darts just because he had a little tantrum one night he think's he's all cool and that. if he calmed down and took his head out of his arse he would be a great player, really gald jones bet him he's really got alot better lately and he deserves a good run in a tournament

You heading in on Thursday and Friday with the lads?

You heading in on Thursday and Friday with the lads?

i am indeed mate, can't wait. you there for the two days too?

Double Top wrote: »

Agree with you there D.T. I've great respect for Wayne Jones, he's actually a widower and brought his three daughters up on his own. Seeems like a top bloke aswell. Only bad thing is that he's a Man utd fan!:(:D

No only the Friday this year, couldn't afford any other nights. Cool I'll see you in there then, I'll give one of you a shout to see where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

jlx wrote: »
    in the citywest last night good news, no tokens were used cash only, not definite yet but they reckon it will be cash only for the week. also a reminder dont wear any sports t-shirts football shirts etc or they wont let you in through the front door. if you have table no. 1-12 on your tickets you are seated in the top half, table no. 13-24 is in the back half.

from lookin at the TV last night and taken into account what u said above i have done a rough layout of the hall seating, Hopefully its close to the layout as there is no official layout available.

No only the Friday this year, couldn't afford any other nights. Cool I'll see you in there then, I'll give one of you a shout to see where you are.

sound bud, see you down there i'll be the one shouting my head off from start to finishe:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

The Bull wrote: »
    from lookin at the TV last night and taken into account what u said above i have done a rough layout of the hall seating, Hopefully its close to the layout as there is no official layout available.

Forgot the walk on bit but i think it near row N or M

Advertisement