Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Mayo becoming a no-go area?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

how is that borderline on abuse are you mad

uh oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Even without murder why would you want to go to Mayo.

Cromwell had the right idea. (to hell or to connacht)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Silicate

orourkeda wrote: »

Thats a pretty ****ty thing to say being a mayo person myself..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Well he certainly had the right idea in burning Drogheda down to a cinder but thats another matter (joking) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Maybe it's time to lock this one up....

It didn't take too long to lock the Bray stabbing thread and this thread is very much along the same lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Dublin certainly produces a dis-proportionate number of killers/knackers/knifers, but then again so do most cities so I wouldn't take it to heart.
    I am reliably informed there are some very nice people in Dublin.

I genuinely don't thing you know what you are talking about, disproportionate, then you say "so do most cities"? Also, you tell us you are reliably informed by people (another spoof Garda source?) about Dublin. Are you telling us you have never visited your own capital? Yet, going by your other posts you seem to despise everything about it and everyone in the city when you know nothing about it.

I know my city and I know my country, I have visited nearly every corner of all the counties. Your comments about your Dublin countrymen are ill informed, naive, incorrect, fearful and show a true ignorance and born out of small town pub chat and a lack of knowledge on the subject.

I visit Mayo at least twice a year, I love it. If I never visited it I wouldn't make broad sweeping judgments about your county because they would be ill informed. I would appreciate if you also refrain from bashing what you don't know. Rural Ireland has it's own problems. I wouldn't log on here and make sweeping statements like "ah sure they are boggers, they will probably commit suicide or crash their car in to a wall anyway" I would be lambasted, yet you feel you can log on here and make your claims about Dubliners and foreigners without a thought.

I would stop and have a quick think before you hit the keyboard about people and things you don't know about in future, because you are insulting hundreds of people and making yourself look like an ignorant hick and you are giving Mayo people a really really unfair bad name, I know plenty of Mayo people and they would be mortified at your comments and thoughts.

Come over to Dublin, spend the weekend there, visit the museums, galleries, restaurants, pubs. Check out the city, enjoy it. You will change your narrow minded attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Well, most Dubliners are not really Irish at all, being descended from the English colonists so I'm not surprised at that. You only have to look at their surnames...

Well, most Dubliners are not really Irish at all

Do you hate English people too? The battles were fought on the banks of the Liffey An Fear Aniar. As for your previous comment "Mayo is a local county for local people"... I couldn't think of a more unIrish thing to say, you have lost your Irishness in your bitterness and inward thinking and hatred for outsiders, blow ins, foreigners and people you don't understand. Imagine Dublin took a stance, locals only? No Mayo people wanted? You don't represent anything Irish with your comments. I have a phrase you should learn, it's an old Irish saying.

céad míle fáilte.

Learn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 chele

Two posts up, someone makes a comment about Dublin ppl being brits... that is so rude. And it also makes the connotation that brits are horrible people. None of these sweeping statements are fair and quite frankly that post showed racism at its highest.

I am from Mayo, currently live in Mayo, work in Sligo and lived in Dublin for years upon years. Dublin as a capital of course would have a lot of crime (what capital does not have more crime than its rural areas)
    but it is not the perpetrator of rural crime... simply society is committing these crimes!

I think the stabbing in Ballinrobe and Kiltimagh could have easily occured in Horse and Jockey, Blessington, Virginia, Lahinch, Mohill than anywhere else - regardless of where it took place... its a fact that society is perpetrating this behaviour.. so shame on you and ur post about blaming it on dubs and brits.... we are irish and we got to face the fact that we the irish are also liable of producing criminals!

That's the attitude I would expect from a Mayo person with a bit of life experience. I would imagine it is the attitude of most Mayo people and An Fear Aniar and Jack the lad are in a minority in Mayo thank fook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Well, most Dubliners are not really Irish at all, being descended from the English colonists so I'm not surprised at that. You only have to look at their surnames...

Surprisingly enough my surname is a leitrim\sligo surname. I was born and raised in Dublin, as were my parents. But then you said i'm not really irish so it must be true.

If you actually believe what you've posted and are not laying bait, give it 4 or 5 generations the whole country will be polish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Not accurate. The English translated Irish names into their nearest English equivalent in many cases. My own name is Norman in origin not English but after 900 odd years we're settled in nicely thanks. We know where you are now, London (oh the horror !!!) but where is your name from?

If you actually believe what you've posted and are not laying bait...

Of course I'm trolling, but it's in response to the trolling I quoted about Cromwell having the right idea... :)

Of course I'm trolling

I don't think you are. Yourself and Jack the lad just exposed who and what you are and what you are like and now you are a bit ashamed and you are hiding behind a week attempt at pretending you were just trolling all the time.

Love thy neighbour... only if they are locals.

lightening wrote: »
    I don't think you are.

Now you're trolling. Sorry, not buying today.

I'm not trolling, neither were you. There is no "buying", you were simply voicing your small minded opinion and you exposed yourself as what you are. I guess you thought other people from Mayo would back you up, but you were wrong. As one Mayo person said... shame on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JACK_the_LAD

Don't take my word for it!

Just look at the prison population in this little country of ours.
    The overwhelming majority (approx 96%) of all violent prisoners are from Dublin. (Of the remaining 4%, members of the travelling community account for half, with the rest of Ireland & non-nationals accounting for the remainder).

That's not to say all Dubliners are violent, but the vast majority of violent offenders are Dubliners. :eek:

I dont mean to offend Dubliners with these statistics, but there's no point in shooting the messenger 'cos you don't like the message.

Finally you assume I am from Mayo. I may well be from Dublin. You assume I never have set foot in Dublin. Making such silly assumptions makes yourself look 'er, silly!

You can come up with all sorts of statistics Jack the lad, doesn't hide what you said on this thread. You are clueless about Dublin and you are clueless about Dubliners, look at the other thread you started about "Dart heads" What the hell is a Dart head?

I would suggest you go out and see the world, start with your own country. Because you act like you never stepped out of whatever place you are from.

Just saw your edit... I seriously doubt you are from Dublin.
    I am reliably informed there are some very nice people in Dublin.

This would suggest you have never been in Dublin and know nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JACK_the_LAD

I would suggest you go out and see the world, start with your own country. Because you act like you never stepped out of whatever place you are from.
    Just saw your edit... I seriously doubt you are from Dublin.
    This would suggest you have never been in Dublin and know nothing about it.

Again you are making wild assumptions and by so doing are only making yourself look ill-informed and silly.

I have travelled extensively, been to Sth. America, Russia, Africa, USA, Turkey and more recently New Zealand. I visit the European mainland approx 8 times each year.

To assume any Irish person has NEVER been to Dublin is well, silly (there's that word again!). I have lived, studied and have both property and business interests there. Again your assumptions are silly:o and ill-informed.

Dublin currently boasts one of the highest murder rates in Europe behind Glasgow and Riga I believe. The overwhelming majority of these murders were comitted by guess who? (CLUE: it aint people from Leitrim):eek:

Now go-away lad, and grow a brain.

Again, say what you want, tell us all about your property, business interests, and your holidays, give me loads of statistics, doesn't impress anyone and still doesn't hide what you said early on in the thread. I'm just telling you what you made yourself look like with the bullsheet you typed with your inside information from the Gardai and your silly statements and insults.

You made a fool of yourself and you are probably annoyed and embarrassed now. And no, I won't go away, and I have (clearly) grown a brain a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 braf89

would ye ever stop arguing like children. look now (nobody jump down my throat) Mayo has got increasingly worse over the last few years and it has been slightly as a result of people coming from "rougher" parts be it Dublin, England, Poland, etc.,ect. But they cant be blamed for it all but i notice that the rough locals tend to be friends with the rough incomers and when they "join forces" as is thats when the problems happen. And if someone try's to challenge me on it please come to Castlebar and see for yourself. And don't take me wrong there are 95% of blow in's that are perfect but its the 5% that are just too "street wise" for us Mayo people. :D:D:D

To be honest I think this thread should be closed its just starting petty fights.

braf89 wrote: »
    And don't take me wrong there are 95% of blow in's that are perfect but its the 5% that are just too "street wise" for us Mayo people. :D:D:D

To be honest I think this thread should be closed its just starting petty fights.

I would imagine the same percentage would go to the locals! Sorry if it got petty mods, but there was a lot of insults flying around and nothing was being done. Post were reported and nothing was done.

The overwhelming majority of these murders were comitted by guess who? (CLUE: it aint people from Leitrim):eek:

:D:D

I would imagine the same percentage would go to the locals!

Exactly. There's SCUMBAGS everywhere. We just have to live with them until they finish each other off.:)oops

What I cant figure is we have a few stabbings in Mayo and all of a sudden its named stab county in the papers, FFS, Im sure 4 people got stabbed in Dublin/Cork/Kerry/limerick/Midlands lastnite and not a word about them, Only picked these countys as an example but ye know what I mean, half the crimes go undocumented which is sad too. How many stabbings are there in Major cities in Ireland every year and they dont get tagged(limerick ''stab city'' was drawn out in fairness)
    I havent a clue what point Im trying to make above so ill shut up now!!.

Silicate wrote: »
    I havent a clue what point Im trying to make above so ill shut up now!!.

I would have thought it got into the papers because Mayo is such a beautiful, peaceful and it's not known for multible stabbings in the one week. They could do with reporting the suicide rate to be honest.

Ya thats true i guess. Agreed on the suicide rate too, maybe beauty doesent matter:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

its probably just because we had multiple stabbings here
    very unusual for a county like this to get that kind of attention in media

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The FACT which is NOT being reported is that both the stabbings in Westport & Kiltimagh were perpetrated by people resettled from DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this upsets some people, but if you can't handle the TRUTH, then that's your prob m8.:o

Thats bull, the young fella that stabbed d guard in Mayo is originally from Sixmilebridge in Co. Clare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Don't take my word for it!

Just look at the prison population in this little country of ours.
    The overwhelming majority (approx 96%) of all violent prisoners are from Dublin. (Of the remaining 4%, members of the travelling community account for half, with the rest of Ireland & non-nationals accounting for the remainder).

That's not to say all Dubliners are violent, but the vast majority of violent offenders are Dubliners. :eek:

I dont mean to offend Dubliners with these statistics, but there's no point in shooting the messenger 'cos you don't like the message.

Finally you assume I am from Mayo. I may well be from Dublin. You assume I never have set foot in Dublin. Making such silly assumptions makes yourself look 'er, silly!

If that was true, wouldn't it obviously be because the vast majority of the population is from/near Dublin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement