Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Mayo becoming a no-go area?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

hughs wrote: »
    Why arent people talking about the real cause of stabbings in ballinrobe. Most people from Ballinrobe and the Guardai know that it was travellers who were responsible.

I was told by people who know the victims well that they were stabbed by members of the travelling community who were settled in the town. The victims themselves arent from ballinrobe but from a village in the surrounding area and were targeted by the travellers because they were refused entry to a pub in the village and had threatened locals with retaliation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Silicate

Scruff wrote: »
    I was told by people who know the victims well that they were stabbed by members of the travelling community who were settled in the town. The victims themselves arent from ballinrobe but from a village in the surrounding area and were targeted by the travellers because they were refused entry to a pub in the village and had threatened locals with retaliation.
    You are totally correct, a revenge plan is being laid down by the victims friends and its about time they went back to old school law sorting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Man stabbed in a chipper in Charlestown about 30 years ago. Man murdered in Kilkelly with a hayknife about 20 years ago. Thats just my own corner of Mayo I'm sure there were many more examples from other parts of the county.

Exactly. Stuff like that hardly ever happened back then. Now these things are happening all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Silicate wrote: »
    You are totally correct, a revenge plan is being laid down by the victims friends and its about time they went back to old school law sorting.

Cant say that i think that is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senenpeter

Anyone lese hear that the Garda who was stabbed in Westport last week was killed by the same perp that was just released for the Jamie Bulger killing? I heard from friends in Mayo that the guy was about to get involved in a dispute, the Garda knew who he was so told him to leave the scene and the guy unleashed the attack.

Apparently living with his girlfriend under a new alias in Mayo since release from prison in the UK

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote: »
    Cant say that i think that is a good idea.
    I think it is to be honest, there getting away with too much, the law lets them off after a few months and there back on the streets again as fearless as ever. It happened approx 15 years ago in Ballinrobe too, they beat up a sound guy, he was charged but let off after a few weeks, locals got together and kicked 7 shades of ****e out off all them, no problems for approx 10years after. Whats wrong is people, the cops, the law are all afraid or reckon there untouchable and therefore there getting away with everything. i think all that is needed is just to show that infact they arent untouchable. If it were one of my close friends or family the weekend id get revenge too, im not a hero or a tough guy but I couldent wait for the cops or mary devens to give them a slap on the hand, id organise something too.

Senenpeter wrote: »
    Anyone lese hear that the Garda who was stabbed in Westport last week was killed by the same perp that was just released for the Jamie Bulger killing? I heard from friends in Mayo that the guy was about to get involved in a dispute, the Garda knew who he was so told him to leave the scene and the guy unleashed the attack.

Apparently living with his girlfriend under a new alias in Mayo since release from prison in the UK
    thats not true.

Simplyjoe wrote: »
    I am from the general area. If I had kids going out I would discourage them from going to Ballinrobe and suggest Galway would be much safer. The town is full of wasters of locals, immigrants, Dublin drop outs, English hippies, voilent travellers. Drugs are commonplace and can be bought within minutes of asking the right person, coke, dope, E,. There are even some heroin junkies. There are far too many non native residents with no proper integration or planning as regards activities. Travellers only mix with locals to supply drugs. Foreigners (eastern europeans) keep to themselves and only mix with the locals when fighting. Every weekend there are fights. Every weekend there is widespread vandalism. Every week there are breakins, thefts, shoplifting, domestics. A local councilor has tried to get Security CCTV installed. If it does not happen the town is gone. Some of the comments above are humorous but there is a guy in Beaumont hospital critically ill. He was only saved by one of his friend who lied on top of him to stop his head getting repeatedly kicked. This friend also was treated in hospital. The other two guys were stabbed in the back of their necks with stanley knives. What harm when their attackers are found they might spend 6 months in prison after their defence barrister points out their deprived background and education!

I would go out in Ballinrobe fairly regularly and this new gang of trouble makers have only cropped up in the last couple of months as far as I can see. For the last few years there was very little trouble in ballinrobe but when we started going out there about 7 years ago there was always a gang hanging around looking for trouble but that was sorted out back then.

The last few times I was down there(in the last few weeks) I have noticed a new crew hanging around the town after after the club. These wouldnt be in pubs or in the Valk(the club in ballinrobe for those who dont know) but would be around supermacs wearing white vests at 3am. Some of them must be only around 16. A friend of mine got a few kicks from them a few weeks back unprovoked but he wasnt hurt too much so he didnt report it. I'm convinced this is the same gang that caused the trouble on saturday night. It was only due to saving money I wasnt down there myself and a few friends of mine were, but luckily missed the trouble.

These people are hanging around obviously looking for trouble on saturday nights but of course nothing was done with them and now we have people lying in hospital. Its gone damn bad when you cannot go out in a quite town without being set upon. We will be avoiding the town for a few weeks until things settle down and hopefully the guards will catch them and I very much hope the get a good kicking in the cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Do you honestly believe that?

Utter fabrication!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Mayo is a wonderful place! That's a completely unbiased opinion by the by.
    To be fair, I think saying the county itself is a no-go area is a bit of an over statement but the increase in these attacks are a bit alarming. I suppose it's like anywhere though with places that are fine and places that are off limits. There's an area in Ballina known as "back the park" that has been always a delinquent's paradise.
    I suppose these people are coming from disadvantaged backgrounds, they identify with people they see on the news from rough areas that carry knives and want a sense of belonging and so they go out and do seriously stupid things. It's quite sad really.

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe that?

Utter fabrication!
    I know the correct story if anyone wants the correct details of what went on.

Do spill Silicate...

Thank you for that, had a nice laugh reading what people believe to be the truth these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I suppose these people are coming from disadvantaged backgrounds, they identify with people they see on the news from rough areas that carry knives and want a sense of belonging and so they go out and do seriously stupid things.

See, this is what annoys me, there were always poor people in Mayo but they didn't behave like animals. Poverty is not an excuse.

Thank you for that, had a nice laugh reading what people believe to be the truth these days.

Haha it was worth a mention alright :D

<snip> Unfounded comment. Be careful what you post, there is a criminal investigation under way.- Hagar <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JACK_the_LAD

That nutter that stabbed the people in Wickla was from the effluent suburb of DALKEY!
    He was a TRINITY student ffs!
    A DORT-HEAD!

Is it a DUBLIN disease?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Just like my doggy might say, this country has gone rrrrrruffffff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

appears Ireland may one day become infested with scum, we need some sort of spray so they all die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

That nutter that stabbed the people in Wickla was from the effluent suburb of DALKEY!
    A DORT-HEAD!

Ya but that was an act of passion which makes it allright. :)
    Didn't take long for Silicate's post to be removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

appears Ireland may one day become infested with scum, we need some sort of spray so they all die.

Lynx

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

A DORT-HEAD!

Maybe it was a duel...not commoner stabbing....roysh....
    Sword_play.jpg
    http://www.blooiphoto.com/img/msr/Sword_play.jpg.

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Ya but that was an act of passion which makes it allright. :)
    Didn't take long for Silicate's post to be removed.
    Sorry for that lads and mods, but its known in the west all over but the bull**** posts saying it was rehoused who-evers that stabbed him pissed me off. I wonder why the other post wasent removed too of what that the other guy said who it was? guess my post spoke the truth, hmmmmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Mike... wrote: »
    Lynx

no something deathly :pac:

you've herad of fly spray we nee Chav spray and maybe chav peaper :D

Silicate wrote: »
    Sorry for that lads and mods, but its known in the west all over but the bull**** posts saying it was rehoused who-evers that stabbed him pissed me off. I wonder why the other post wasent removed too of what that the other guy said who it was? guess my post spoke the truth, hmmmmm..

Wow... why so mad... only relaying the local gossip, there's obvisously some story behind it as your getting emotional.

Anyway apologies :)

Wow... why so mad... only relaying the local gossip, there's obvisously some story behind it as your getting emotional.

Anyway apologies :)
    Hey, I aint mad, gossip just annoys me, a when you post the facts it gets deleted(which i understand too) but the its gossip that has this country ruined.
    No hard feelings to anyone:cool:

The FACT which is NOT being reported is that both the stabbings in Westport & Kiltimagh were perpetrated by people resettled from DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this upsets some people, but if you can't handle the TRUTH, then that's your prob m8.:o

The FACT which is NOT being reported is that both the stabbings in Westport & Kiltimagh were perpetrated by people resettled from DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this upsets some people, but if you can't handle the TRUTH, then that's your prob m8.:o
    All Im allowed say Westport has nothing to do with people from Dublin, I live ten minutes from Westport, i know the story my friend, I posted the true story and it was removed.

you appear not to be in possession of the facts my friend.
    a very good friend is part of the Garda investigating team, so i have the inside track.;)

the same kid was allegedly caught joy-riding through Wport only recently prior to his latest escapade.:mad:

• Advertisement

you appear not to be in possession of the facts my friend.
    a very good friend is part of the Garda investigating team, so i have the inside track.;)

:mad:
    same here, one of us must be getting told fibs:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement