Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Mayo becoming a no-go area?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JACK_the_LAD

Yup!

All Dublin's finest. Jackeens everyone it seems.

The howaya accents are a bit of a giveaway!:rolleyes:

and the trackies!
    and the dublin tops!

Yup!

and the trackies!
    and the dublin tops!

Either back up your claims with some evidence or take your speculation elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 awombler

The thing which is NOT being reported is that both the stabbings in Westport & Kiltimagh were perpetrated by people resettled from DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!

So much fer the quite life? Eh?
    I'd assumed they were members of the Travelling Diaspora or from Eastern Europe.

I mean, the media really do need to find a form of words to let us know, like the way they used to describe people as "known to the Gardai" when the perpetrator was an habitual offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

gurramok wrote: »
    All these violent incidents in a week! (without a Shell protest :D)

First we had the Kiltimagh stabbing murder.http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0812/mayo.html
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0708/marrinanc.html
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0611/mayo.html

Then today this, 4 people viscously attacked in a remote town(http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0816/ballinrobe.html). You'd maybe expect this in a large city but Ballinrobe, where is that?!

Wtf is going on there?

C'mere... Kiltimagh boys are ****in tough... but they'll never get up here, cause they got no money, cause they're still selling 'ten spots, while here I am shellin' ounces from Sligo to Galway, baby:cool:

/Viper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Yup!

and the trackies!
    and the dublin tops!

(Yawn)

What's your point, bozo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

FFS, Another violent incident overnight in Mayo.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-in-60s-beaten-during-mayo-burglary-422869.html
    A man in his 60s is recovering in hospital after he was beaten during a robbery at his home in Co Mayo last night.

The break-in happened in Charlestown at around 10pm.

The occupant of the house received injuries to his arm and leg and was taken to Mayo General Hospital.

A man was later arrested in connection with the incident and is being questioned at Swinford garda station.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-in-60s-beaten-during-mayo-burglary-422869.html#ixzz0OQeWi8Lh

Is the place becoming the new Limerick? Will it ever stop??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭afatbollix

have to say tho.. the gardai are doing very well with catching them... they have caught all the people resposable so far... would they have them locked up in dublin that quick?

Pitty they cant stop it before it happens.. pitty some people have to lose there lives before the scum is taken off our streets..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Could they not just go to the handball alley and have a dance off instead of stabbing each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Lot of scumbags have moved into the west over the past few years mostly from Dublin and England.

Exactly this. Mayo people used to fight, but never stabbings or anything like that. This only started happening when people from outside the area moved in - mainly people from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

rossie1977 wrote: »
    its a good job there is no women on the interweb to complain about this post, but yes i agree and mayo women are the worst :pac:

After the news of their inbredin fetish hit the news last year.......:eek::eek::eek:
    it's a bit strange to hear a roscommon person Knowing about women from another county??
    :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I don't hink that Mayo is any rougher than anywhere else.these were just one off incidents that just happened around the same time.the last murder here was involving Padraic Nally.i just think the whole thing is way over hyped.I mean I live in Mayo and i don't even lock my car at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I mean I live in Mayo and i don't even lock my car at night!

See now that's just stupid.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I live in Mayo and i don't even lock my car at night!

VW Bora by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Conor Mortimer is to blame.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-in-60s-beaten-during-mayo-burglary-422869.html

I heard over the weekend some other fella split his father with a loy and there were women standing about in their shifts. This deserves some kind of protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Robbo wrote: »
    I heard over the weekend some other fella split his father with a loy and there were women standing about in their shifts. This deserves some kind of protest.

Are you sure that's not The Playboy of the Western World you're thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

There'll be riots in Knock by the end of the week at this rate........:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JACK_the_LAD

The "gentlemen" that stabbed people in both Kiltimagh & Westport are both originally from Dublin's less celubrious suburbs.

Don't take my word for it! You only have to look at their respective bebo pages. Jackeens everyone!

Once the cases come to court you will see i'm correct.

Maybe they're upset at being built-up every year, only to be humiliated by Kerry or Tyrone. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

C'mere... Kiltimagh boys are ****in tough... but they'll never get up here, cause they got no money, cause they're still selling 'ten spots, while here I am shellin' ounces from Sligo to Galway, baby:cool:

/Viper
    Nice one!!!! hahaha!!
    In fairness, why are ppl shocked? the amount of young scobes, drugs etc in these small towns.. it was only a matter of time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Simplyjoe

I am from the general area. If I had kids going out I would discourage them from going to Ballinrobe and suggest Galway would be much safer. The town is full of wasters of locals, immigrants, Dublin drop outs, English hippies, voilent travellers. Drugs are commonplace and can be bought within minutes of asking the right person, coke, dope, E,. There are even some heroin junkies. There are far too many non native residents with no proper integration or planning as regards activities. Travellers only mix with locals to supply drugs. Foreigners (eastern europeans) keep to themselves and only mix with the locals when fighting. Every weekend there are fights. Every weekend there is widespread vandalism. Every week there are breakins, thefts, shoplifting, domestics. A local councilor has tried to get Security CCTV installed. If it does not happen the town is gone. Some of the comments above are humorous but there is a guy in Beaumont hospital critically ill. He was only saved by one of his friend who lied on top of him to stop his head getting repeatedly kicked. This friend also was treated in hospital. The other two guys were stabbed in the back of their necks with stanley knives. What harm when their attackers are found they might spend 6 months in prison after their defence barrister points out their deprived background and education!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Drugs are commonplace and can be bought within minutes of asking the right person, coke, dope, E,.

You make it sound like a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Don't take my word for it! You only have to look at their respective bebo pages. Jackeens everyone!

Do you have a link? PM if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Simplyjoe wrote: »
    I am from the general area. If I had kids going out I would discourage them from going to Ballinrobe and suggest Galway would be much safer. The town is full of wasters of locals, immigrants, Dublin drop outs, English hippies, voilent travellers. Drugs are commonplace and can be bought within minutes of asking the right person, coke, dope, E,. There are even some heroin junkies. There are far too many non native residents with no proper integration or planning as regards activities. Travellers only mix with locals to supply drugs. Foreigners (eastern europeans) keep to themselves and only mix with the locals when fighting. Every weekend there are fights. Every weekend there is widespread vandalism. Every week there are breakins, thefts, shoplifting, domestics. A local councilor has tried to get Security CCTV installed. If it does not happen the town is gone. Some of the comments above are humorous but there is a guy in Beaumont hospital critically ill. He was only saved by one of his friend who lied on top of him to stop his head getting repeatedly kicked. This friend also was treated in hospital. The other two guys were stabbed in the back of their necks with stanley knives. What harm when their attackers are found they might spend 6 months in prison after their defence barrister points out their deprived background and education!
    Totally agree.. drugs is huge scurge on these area coupled with the lack of facilities... heroin use in rural areas has risen sharply yet this doesnt seem to be documented much...

Rural resettlement schemes dont always work.. and that is not using the non-natives as scapgoats...its a fact..

That is a perfect example of how unnewsworthy much of what's happening in Mayo is. Had that occurred in Dublin, Galway, Cork, Limerick, Doneagal, etc it wouldn't have received any coverage. Yet they hear the word Mayo and suddenly it's news.

Since when did robberies and a few knife attacks turn a county into a no go area or as you put it the new Limerick? I thought Limerick was notorious not for knief crime but for the numerous incidents involving guns. When people start getting shot in Mayo on a regular occurrence perhaps then it will be the new Limerick, but till then it's exactly the same as every other county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

its unbelievable for mayo.... there was also a stabbing of an elderly man in charlestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vasco

travellers

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Seems to be the same all over the country at the moment. Little scrotes out trying to make a name for themselves. Cavan town has been very bad for it this past few months...

http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2009/08/05/390163-32csm-says-it-will-put-stop-to-cavan-attacks/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

It wasn't always like that, Mayoites used to plod along harmlessly.
    That is until that feckin song came along and got them all full of hopes and dreams...

May-O, Mayyyyyy-O
    SAM Maguire is comin home to May-O...

All across Mayo the people got their hopes up, confidence brimmed and the omnipresent darkness
    that hangs over the place finally started to disperse.

But alas, SAM Maguire didn't go to Mayo at all.
    No, instead he fecked off Kerry.
    Leaving the Mayoites to wallow in their own misery, their spirits crushed.
    Soon their depression turned to anger and pretty soon the limited socitey that had existed just collapsed.
    Lawlessness took over and it's just been downhill ever since...

Actually it was Meath he fecked off to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

That is a perfect example of how unnewsworthy much of what's happening in Mayo is. Had that occurred in Dublin, Galway, Cork, Limerick, Doneagal, etc it wouldn't have received any coverage. Yet they hear the word Mayo and suddenly it's news.

Since when did robberies and a few knife attacks turn a county into a no go area or as you put it the new Limerick? I thought Limerick was notorious not for knief crime but for the numerous incidents involving guns. When people start getting shot in Mayo on a regular occurrence perhaps then it will be the new Limerick, but till then it's exactly the same as every other county.

You'd expect that sort of stuff to happen in cities hence its no surprise. You do not expect what happened in Mayo to all have had happened all in a week!

You never heard of Stab City?!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

Mayo is now paying the price for all those years of Sheep-Shagging.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement