Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Mayo becoming a no-go area?

Options

Comments

Silicate wrote: »
    All Im allowed say Westport has nothing to do with people from Dublin, I live ten minutes from Westport, i know the story my friend, I posted the true story and it was removed.
    you appear not to be in possession of the facts my friend.
    a very good friend is part of the Garda investigating team, so i have the inside track.;)

the same kid was allegedly caught joy-riding through Wport only recently prior to his latest escapade.:mad:

Neither of you has a clue as to what is going on. Keep your speculation and gossip to yourselves, no one is interested in it. If you still want to talk about it ring any of the tabloids, I'm sure they will appreciate your crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

galwayrush wrote: »
    To add to Robbo's post above, wtf is it with Mayo people and Roundabouts in Galway, there are rules ffs,.:rolleyes:

In Castlebar in one of the roundabouts is like the left lane for turning left and the right for straight on or right or vice versa, but everywhere in Ireland bar Castlebar does it the opposite way. Mayo people were thought the wrong way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nevermind Mayo, Bray is the new no go area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Nevermind Mayo, Bray is the new no go area.

No, Dalkey is! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mayo is just full off GAA nutters who still go on about 1996 and all those final defeats to kerry :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Two high-profile stabbings makes a place a no-go area - fact. The size of the place depends on whose perspective it's from. In this case, for those who live in Mayo, it's just Ballinrobe; for those outside Mayo, it's Mayo; for those outside Ireland, it's Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Flecktarn wrote: »
    In Castlebar in one of the roundabouts is like the left lane for turning left and the right for straight on or right or vice versa, but everywhere in Ireland bar Castlebar does it the opposite way. Mayo people were thought the wrong way.

The roundabouts in that town are a complete joke, different rules depending on what road you come into each roundabout. Its Madness.

Anyways Castlebar does not constitute the entire of Mayo, its unfair to say all people were taught the wrong way...

That said on my way to work this morning, I did see skid marks up on the grass on one roundabout....we'll just put that down to some joy rider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

foreigners i believe. oops! non-nationals that is! (dont want to offend the PC crowd)

you've got it backwards

"foreigners" = ok

"non-nationals" = causes offence.

I'd say that you couldn't give a flying f*ck about the 'PC crowd' so don't pretend that you do.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Silicate wrote: »
    All Im allowed say Westport has nothing to do with people from Dublin, I live ten minutes from Westport, i know the story my friend, I posted the true story and it was removed.
    True in your opinion doesn't constitute legal fact.
    You previous post was moderated for a good reason, The other "Jamie Bolger's Murderer" fantasy is just that.
    Now I would advise you to take mod direction on your posting in the spirit in which it is intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JACK_the_LAD

"The youth, who has an address in Mayo but cannot be named for legal reasons, had been released early from a nine month prison sentence. He was only released on strict conditions, including a curfew from 8am until 8pm. He had been sentenced to nine months imprisonment in June after he stole a car and was involved in a high speed chase around Westport. He had reached speeds of 160km per hour and discarded a steak knife after abandoning the car on James Street".

address in Mayo, but same Dublin kid. no mention of his unmarried ('er sorry PC brigade) single mum.

• Advertisement

If he cannot be named for legal reasons why are you trying to ID him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So another one out on bail commits another crime while on bail in this country, surprise surprise :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

gurramok wrote: »
    So another one out on bail commits another crime while on bail in this country, surprise surprise :mad:

That's not the worst part. He was from Dublin. Mayo is a local county for local people.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

"...including a curfew from 8am until 8pm...".

What's the point of that? "Stay inside all day, young man. Then go out and have a few pints and do what you want...."

"In July, he was released from prison after the court heard that he had spent three months in solitary confinement, due to personal threats, in St Patrick’s Institution.
    Judge Raymond Groarke had said that ‘any young person is entitled to make mistakes and to get a fool’s pardon’ but he imposed strict conditions to his release, including a curfew",

How is quoting from a local newspaper trying to ID him?:confused:
    But now that you mention it, he ought to be named and "shamed" (latter is probably not very likely I reckon):p.

If he's big enough to stab a member of An Garda Siochana, then he fecking well big enough to be named.
    Or maybe we should wrap him in cotton wool, sing him lullabyes, and rub his little feet?

Fuuckin blow-ins!

Don't take the ID of this person any further.
    Do you want to prejudice a fair trial?

Last warning. Next post that fails to heed this warning earns the poster a long ban. I understand your outrage at the crime but I'm serious about the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

CKWPORT wrote: »
    The roundabouts in that town are a complete joke, different rules depending on what road you come into each roundabout. Its Madness.

Anyways Castlebar does not constitute the entire of Mayo, its unfair to say all people were taught the wrong way...

How is it unfair to say people were taught the wrong way, its true, my parents my neighbors nearly everyone I know who did a driving test in Castlebar was taught the wrong way to approach roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Limerick is stab city is it now fair to call Mayo stab county??:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 chele

I think it is unfair to simply call Ballinrobe a dangerous spot. I think it could happen in any rural town across the country. Ballinrobe is not unique in having drugs, drink, foreigners and hippies - even though I do not think foreigners and hippies should be black listed in the same bracket as drugs and drink.

But what is worrying is that people seem to be carrying knives out with them on nights out! Why?

What reason have they to carry a knife out to a nightclub?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 braf89

Mayo has got way worse in the last few years and i think it is the outsiders I know in Castlebar anyway the worst of them are from either Dublin/England/Africa and the actual Irish that are friends with them. So I blame it all on them to be honest. It was always getting bad in Castlebar but they just took it to a new level. And if ye knew the story behind the stabbing in Kiltimagh you'd have done the same. The lad that was killed was far from an angel. Hopefully it'l settle down now for awhile but I can just see it getting worse.

• Advertisement

Hagar wrote: »
    Don't take the ID of this person any further.
    Do you want to prejudice a fair trial?

Last warning. Next post that fails to heed this warning earns the poster a long ban. I understand your outrage at the crime but I'm serious about the warning.

i am simply quoting the MayoNews.
    http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7359&Itemid=38
    Anything i've quoted has been published, is readily available online and is therefore already in the public domain.
    :confused::confused::confused:

i am simply quoting the MayoNews.
    http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7359&Itemid=38
    Anything i've quoted has been published, is readily available online and is therefore already in the public domain.
    :confused::confused::confused:

My mistake. Please ignore what I said. :o:o:o
    Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

"The youth, who has an address in Mayo but cannot be named for legal reasons, had been released early from a nine month prison sentence. He was only released on strict conditions, including a curfew from 8am until 8pm. He had been sentenced to nine months imprisonment in June after he stole a car and was involved in a high speed chase around Westport. He had reached speeds of 160km per hour and discarded a steak knife after abandoning the car on James Street".

address in Mayo, but same Dublin kid. no mention of his unmarried ('er sorry PC brigade) single mum.

Are you Alan Partiridge or do you just like certian descriptions?

No prob HAGAR!

I certainly do not wish to prejudice this little jerks' trial.
    I've no doubt he'll get a fair trial and then get what's coming to him.:cool:

In my own defence, have you any idea how hard it is to get your hands on a copy of the Mayo News here in the south of France? :D

In my own defence, have you any idea how hard it is to get your hands on a copy of the Mayo News here in the south of France? :D

It's in the condiments section in any of the best supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

You can probably get the Western People though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

You can probably get the Western People though.:)

And we've now mentioned the two Mayo papers worth buying. I won't even mention the third because its such a rag.

i expect it is Hagar, but you can always look at the online copy.
    and a riveting good read it is too!:P

• Advertisement

i expect it is Hagar, but you can always look at the online copy.
    and a riveting good read it is too!:P

I think it was that one I was reading last week and there was a piece on Crank 2 starring Derek Statham. The sheer amount of mistakes in all 3 of the Mayo papers is woeful. One of my favourite things in the morning is to read through them circling any mistakes, of which there are many.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement