Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddy2k

Cyrus wrote: »
    `lads i just nabbed a brand new graphite hero on ebay last night from a power seller for £320 delivered :)

i cant wait to get it,

can anyone fill me in on when the new firmware with the google navigation is due and where do i need to go to find out about what apps i need and how to set the phone up

cheers

I'd say HTC will have 2.0 firmware out before christmas.
    However it's it's up to the operators to release the upgrade. Mine is an unlocked t-mobile handset so I have to wait on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

paddy2k wrote: »
    I'd say HTC will have 2.0 firmware out before christmas.
    However it's it's up to the operators to release the upgrade. Mine is an unlocked t-mobile handset so I have to wait on them.

is it not possible to debrand no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Cyrus wrote: »
    is it not possible to debrand no?

Absolutely

Follow instructions below:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/291520/de-brand-your-orange-t-mo-etc-device-via-nandroid/

Most important thing is to install the recovery image first so you can backup phone image to avoid bricking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

how are guys finding the battery?

Slipshaney wrote: »
    how are guys finding the battery?

I've only been getting a day outta it. But that is with heavy use. Once it goes under 15% it drains pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

paddy2k wrote: »
    I've only been getting a day outta it. But that is with heavy use. Once it goes under 15% it drains pretty quickly.

thats fair enough - is that using the wifi, etc a lot? or just general fiddling!

Slipshaney wrote: »
    thats fair enough - is that using the wifi, etc a lot? or just general fiddling!

I think gps and strugling to get an edge connection didn't help.

Has anyone else had issues getting some apps to work on Meteor?
    while on meteor my contacts won't sync, internet radio won't work, and most Twitter apps won't authenticate. Works fine on 3 and WiFi.
    Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

In Meteor stores the last few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Interesting, I rang Meteor and they said it will probably be around in the New Year.

got one on reserve in blanch, picking it up later :)

• Advertisement

Skud wrote: »

on billpay upgrade or PAYG?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hanleyco

just upgraded to the modaco 2.8, super fast! just wondering if theres any hope of getting something like spotify or teradesk storage to ireland anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The 3G store in Dundrum has a waiting blist of 20 people. They'll be getting it in Thurs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Skud wrote: »

billpay, they asked me was it an upgrade so I guess they taking them too. Dont know if they got payg there, will ask later if i remember

Most meteor stores have them if you call

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

chrislad wrote: »
    Loving the phone. For some reason, it won't change the notification tone. It's changed in the settings, but when it goes off it's the default. Same result with a stock tone and a custom one.

Bit of an obscure one this, go to messages->menu->settings, scroll down to notification settings and then tap select sound.. sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭nellocon

Can anyone post the price of the phone on Billpay and PAYG please..just wondering whether to get it from meteor or go for a sim-free one..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Look through the thread mate its all over the place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Patrick Street Meteor never seem to answer their phones! :D

Anyone know what time they close at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So, there's no front camera for video calling on this phone? Seems a massive oversight on HTC's part...

Although I never use video calling I do like to use the front camera on my N95 to check out my awesome hair! :D

• Advertisement

Meteor usually close at six

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

just off the phone to customer care, didn't know anything about the 30e off when you trade in a phone??
    has anyone availed of this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

So, there's no front camera for video calling on this phone? Seems a massive oversight on HTC's part...

Although I never use video calling I do like to use the front camera on my N95 to check out my awesome hair! :D

Has anyone actually used the front camera on any phone (Other than checking their hair)

Back about 4 years ago on a Motorola E770v on Vodafone to test 3g video calls for about 2 minutes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

metalfest wrote: »
    just off the phone to customer care, didn't know anything about the 30e off when you trade in a phone??
    has anyone availed of this??
    Rang the local meteor store there and they told me the same thing - has to be in good shape and with a camera, got to bring in the charger too - €30 off.

They told me also that on the €25 contract the Hero is actually €159.99, the €99 price was more attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I did once when Voda released their very first 3G phone (SE V800 many, many years ago), it was a very exciting phone call... haven't used a front camera since!
    Video calling – a reality!

Just like a sci-fi movie – use the multidirectional camera to show the person you’re talking to where you are, or who you are – and see them.

WOW

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/v800

exiot wrote: »
    Rang the local meteor store there and they told me the same thing - has to be in good shape and with a camera, got to bring in the charger too - €30 off.

They told me also that on the €25 contract the Hero is actually €159.99, the €99 price was more attractive

they definitely accept them so? brilliant, only 99.99 now, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

The Trade in is the same in 3G.

Don't need the charger though. Just needs to be working and have a camera.

Non Camera phones get €10

The Trade in is the same in 3G.

Don't need the charger though. Just needs to be working and have a camera.

Non Camera phones get €10

do they have the android yet ?

• Advertisement

Metalfest, you gonna go for the Hero then? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement