Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

chrislad wrote: »
    All Meteor stores should have them now.

Hmm and what are the chances of picking one up or will the staff in most of the shops have picked up all of the initial stock.
    Does anyone actually know if any stores will have this today/tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ring them and see

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Slipshaney wrote: »
    anyone who actually got one might let us know what they think! has uit lived up to expectations etc

Read the rest of the thread, there are about a dozen people (myself included) who got them well before Meteor decided to stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

C.D. wrote: »
    Read the rest of the thread, there are about a dozen people (myself included) who got them well before Meteor decided to stock them.

thanks for that

i was wondering if anyone who picked one up today had an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Went into meteor in dundrum they have it available but only on bill pay until i mentioned the meteor website then he said it wont be available on PAYG for some time.
    Kind of odd they dont properly inform their staff on the exact details or is the website incorrect????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

So, will i be able to get a bill pay upgrade?

you will soon enough - they toldme in the shop that its only new billpay customers for now but that upgrades would be available "soon"

im thinking of just buying from expansys - does anyone know how long they take to deliver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I might go the expansys route too. Save the upgrade to see if anything cooler is launched in a few months maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

i ordered mine from pixmania wednesday night, fedex tracking says its left Paris Friday night, and I should have it Monday by 12, except ive to go into poxy work so I wont be home till after 6 to play with it - ragin'

i ordered mine from pixmania wednesday night, fedex tracking says its left Paris Friday night, and I should have it Monday by 12, except ive to go into poxy work so I wont be home till after 6 to play with it - ragin'

thats tough! how much did it cost delivered from pix? and was it the white version or did you have a choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Went into meteor in dundrum they have it available but only on bill pay until i mentioned the meteor website then he said it wont be available on PAYG for some time.
    Kind of odd they dont properly inform their staff on the exact details or is the website incorrect????

It's standard procedure for nearly all networks with new phones. Stock will always be limited and bill pay customers are more valued so they will get first dibs. Plus the price on PayG is fairly big, and you find that a lot of customers enquire but never purchase.

Besides, on Connect 25, the costs works out at 460e over the course of the year, plus you can get trade in/porting discounts that could bring it to 400e.

thats tough! how much did it cost delivered from pix? and was it the white version or did you have a choice?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pixmania

chrislad wrote: »
    It's standard procedure for nearly all networks with new phones. Stock will always be limited and bill pay customers are more valued so they will get first dibs. Plus the price on PayG is fairly big, and you find that a lot of customers enquire but never purchase.

Besides, on Connect 25, the costs works out at 460e over the course of the year, plus you can get trade in/porting discounts that could bring it to 400e.

so you reckon that tomorrow/monday there could be some handsets available for non-billpay customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

so you reckon that tomorrow/monday there could be some handsets available for non-billpay customers?

I don't see how you could have gotten that from what I said. I'd guess, and that is only a guess, that there will be stock before Christmas, but I wouldn't expect there to be massive supplies. Again, I'm only speculating and I wouldn't have any idea on what stock is actually like for the Hero, but it's normally scarce enough for new, high end phones.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

am with o2 and need a web phone etc.

palm pre was on my list so was the 5800 - and looked at both today.

but had a look at the display/dude today in meteor navan and it feels great - but will wait to try a live one.

point is - I think it's a hero me's a getting.
    e30 a month for bill plus 250mb web usage.

not too bad at all.

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

its the brown one and it came to 465 - i tried ordering off expansys UK site (white one and 20EUR cheaper), but they ****ed it up, the money came off my laser but they insisted they never got it, after 5 calls over two days (and 4 calls to my bank as well) the money came back on the card so I just went to pixmania instead.

ok - I heard there was some problems with expansys.co.uk for irish ppl....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddy2k

karltimber wrote: »
    am with o2 and need a web phone etc.

palm pre was on my list so was the 5800 - and looked at both today.

but had a look at the display/dude today in meteor navan and it feels great - but will wait to try a live one.

point is - I think it's a hero me's a getting.
    e30 a month for bill plus 250mb web usage.

not too bad at all.

k

I had a go of the Pre yesterday and wasn't that impressed. Didn't like the sharp edge on the keyboard.
    The hero is a fantastic phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

rizzee wrote: »
    Ring them and see
    rizzee wrote: »

Please keep it civil an on topic. If you have nothing constructive to add, then please don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Get0fix

Picking mine up from Meteor this morning. They only have the white ones in stock which suits me fine as it has the protective layer.

I'm on prepay at the moment but am moving to bill pay with the "unlimited" data pack added on. That comes with a 10gb fair usage policy...which I think will be plenty!!

Whats the deal with the Android Market now that the phone is officially available in Ireland? Am I right in thinking that most of the store is currently unavailble for pay apps? If so should I be setting my phone location to somewhere in NI or UK?

Pretty excited. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Possibly but if not you'll need to root the phone and install market enabler.

Get0fix wrote: »
    I'm on prepay at the moment but am moving to bill pay with the "unlimited" data pack added on. That comes with a 10gb fair usage policy...which I think will be plenty!!s
    I am going to switch to bill pay too, was thinking of just getting the 250mb add on but I've been burning through over 50mb a day since I got mine on Friday. Definitely gonna need the unlimited add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

I'm thinking strongly of getting one, however I've just read that it doesn't support file transfer to/from other mobiles via bluetooth and is only hit and miss with supporting file transfer to/from PCs (even after installing a file transfer app).
    Can anyone elaborate on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Im in meteor dundrum right now waiting on my upgrade. Can see about 6 hero handsets in the cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

onehundred wrote: »
    I'm thinking strongly of getting one, however I've just read that it doesn't support file transfer to/from other mobiles via bluetooth and is only hit and miss with supporting file transfer to/from PCs (even after installing a file transfer app).

No BT file transfer, PC transfer is simply the Hero mounting your Micro SD card as a USB device. If you need access to other bits of your phone's memory, rooting and ADB will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't transfer via bluetooth as far as I know.
    Transferring from PC is no problem. Just plug in USB cable, mount the SD card from the Notification area, and it shows up as a drive in Windows Explorer.

I haven't tried Bluetooth yet but I read somewhere that someone has written an app to do Bluetooth transfers (on Android that means it'll appear as on option on the contacts send menu not a seperate application like on an Iphone.)
    As for pc transfers it mounts as a usb drive and I've had no Issues.

I'm heading in sometime this week to get one, would they have them for Bill Pay customers who are due an upgrade? Or is it still new Bill Pay customers only?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MrMan

Has anyone used a Meteor Hero to buy an app yet?

• Advertisement

FYI I got the following from Meteor this morning:

"Thank your for your email. I apologise for the delay in responding to you.

I can confirm that the HTC Hero is now available as of today, online or through any of our 40 Meteor stores nationwide. The Pay As You Go price is EUR399. Please visit www.meteor.ie for further information. "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement