Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Slipshaney wrote: »
    sounds good so far lads - just about to put order into expansys as I spoke to meteor and they said they are unsure whether or not the phone is coming out as PAYG

Did anyone get theirs from expansys? what type of delivery time are we talking?

Well meteor have announced that the phone will be coming out on PAYG so no reason to expect otherwise. I have been told it will be a few weeks before it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

ryanmatty wrote: »
    Well meteor have announced that the phone will be coming out on PAYG so no reason to expect otherwise. I have been told it will be a few weeks before it does.

i spoke to them today and they said that it was supposed to come out yesterday but now they dont know when it will be on PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Ya was told this last week a friend of mine works in the local shop and there were told only bill pay first and PAYG will be a few weeks down the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Fedule

Hey.

I got my Hero yesterday, and have just a small problem - it doesn't seem to want to receive calls when using data. I did some googling and found people suggesting turning off DDTM mode under Call Settings. But I see no such option under Call Settings.

So how do I turn off DDTM?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No idea what DDTM is (and I saw that google entry). Its not an acronym in the phone world as far as I can tell.

From what I can make out (and this is news to me), it looks like a network issue rather than a phone issue. If you are on a 2G connection (G at the top of the screen), then you may not be able to receive calls. If on 3G (3G/H) then you are on 3G, and you might be able to receive calls.

If the network is configured properly, the data connection should cut out if an incoming call is detected, and resume after the call. I'll do some tests on this later this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Mr E wrote: »
    No idea what DDTM is (and I saw that google entry). Its not an acronym in the phone world as far as I can tell.

Never heard of it either. But all of the mentions of it I can find online are when the phone is being used on the EV-DO network (am I right in saying that's the American equivalent of HSPA here?), so maybe it doesn't apply to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just tried it on a H connection, and could receive the call. I get a G connection at home, so I'll try that tonight. (Vodafone)

guys a strange question - can the htc be plugged into the aux-in in my car so i can pay music thru the stereo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Slipshaney wrote: »
    guys a strange question - can the htc be plugged into the aux-in in my car so i can pay music thru the stereo?

If it's a standard 3.5mm line in then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Can it play music over a car kit also lads like my N95 does when connected to a parrot kit?

Collecting mine this evening. Looking forward to it. Found a shop that had no problem giving me one on upgrade:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

If it's a standard 3.5mm line in then yes.
    which it has

EPM wrote: »
    Can it play music over a car kit also lads like my N95 does when connected to a parrot kit?

Collecting mine this evening. Looking forward to it. Found a shop that had no problem giving me one on upgrade:D:D:D

tell us more....whereabouts was this shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

EPM wrote: »

how much was it on upgrade? i want to get it as an upgrade on talk 600

Just spoke to a Meteor rep on 1905 who said that PAYG will be out from Thurs/Friday of this week. She said some stores may have it on PAYG earlier tho

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I was thinking of upgrading on Talk 300 and was told the price was €129.99, but they wouldn't have upgrade phones in the Meteor shop in Patrick Street, Cork until the end of the week:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

I am fast losing patience with this phone. I'm a Vodafone bill pay customer, I put in all the APN settings exactly as Mr E gave them. MMS worked great for a few days, then stopped. I can send MMS, but when one is sent to me, I get the text message saying 'You have been sent a new picture message that cannot be viewed on your phone. To view it, visit www.vodafone.ie/mms and use the password: *******'

ARRRGGGHHH!!

Can anyone help?

EDIT. And now to make me look like an eejit, it's back working as if by magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

kilsmum wrote: »
    I was thinking of upgrading on Talk 300 and was told the price was €129.99, but they wouldn't have upgrade phones in the Meteor shop in Patrick Street, Cork until the end of the week:):):):)

Thanks for the info, lookin to get an upgrade to bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 soccfc

I'm on billpay lite and want to stay on it for the free meteor to meteor calls and texts. Wondering if the best thing is to get the Hero when it comes out on PAYG and then let another familiy member use the IMEI to get the upgrade credit on their PAYG account?

If not that then I'll have to order from expansys or the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

soccfc wrote: »
    I'm on billpay lite and want to stay on it for the free meteor to meteor calls and texts. Wondering if the best thing is to get the Hero when it comes out on PAYG and then let another familiy member use the IMEI to get the upgrade credit on their PAYG account?

If not that then I'll have to order from expansys or the likes

that's prob the easiest way to go about it, just get the family member to register it,

Is it easy to connect to a WLAN without first being charged by meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

just off the phone to 3g in wilton,
    they'll have the hero next week, when asked if it would be the same price he replied "probably better" i'm inclined to believe him after my last upgrade, managed to get a free bluetooth car speaker worth 75 with a c902 that was only costing 49.99 :P
    meteor wouldn't pick up the phone :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I am fast losing patience with this phone. I'm a Vodafone bill pay customer, I put in all the APN settings exactly as Mr E gave them. MMS worked great for a few days, then stopped. I can send MMS, but when one is sent to me, I get the text message saying 'You have been sent a new picture message that cannot be viewed on your phone. To view it, visit www.vodafone.ie/mms and use the password: *******'

ARRRGGGHHH!!

Can anyone help?

EDIT. And now to make me look like an eejit, it's back working as if by magic.
    Sounds like a provisioning issue on Vodafone's end! At least that's what they told me when I had the same issues (albeit with a Sony Ericsson phone).

Fire off an e-mail to Customer Care, or ask on their online forum - ask them to re-provision you for MMS. Haven't had an issue with MMS myself since I got onto them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Lads, hot one this evening on meteor upgrade. Came with a 2 gig card which should keep me going until I buy one and wasn't expecting it. Does anyone know how to search contacts to text?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Anyone the price of this on Bill Pay Lite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

It's not on bill pay lite. Thats a sim only plan. You gotta pay full PAYG price for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,212 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

can't be got on Bill Pay Lite. Only connect plan or higher, or PAYG.

I want one too, but the Bill Pay Lite plan is the only one I really want to get (and the unlimited data add-on) but you'll have to buy sim-free or on PAYG and then sign up for the Bill Pay Lite plan separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

can't be got on Bill Pay Lite. Only connect plan or higher, or PAYG.

I want one too, but the Bill Pay Lite plan is the only one I really want to get (and the unlimited data add-on) but you'll have to buy sim-free or on PAYG and then sign up for the Bill Pay Lite plan separately.

Yep Bill Plan Lite was the only plan for me. Just don't spend enough each month for the 20/25 plan and the data add on to make sense.

Think I'll hang on for a while and see whats coming in the new year before splashing out on the PAYG prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Fedule

Mr E wrote: »

From what I can make out (and this is news to me), it looks like a network issue rather than a phone issue. If you are on a 2G connection (G at the top of the screen), then you may not be able to receive calls. If on 3G (3G/H) then you are on 3G, and you might be able to receive calls.

If the network is configured properly, the data connection should cut out if an incoming call is detected, and resume after the call. I'll do some tests on this later this afternoon.

My tests indicate that:

Networking turned off: Can receive calls
    Edge network: Cannot receive calls
    3G/H: Can receive calls

Asked at the Meteor shop (didn't expect much) and got two possible issues (neither of which I really believe) - they offered to replace the sim for free there and then, and said that they'd be happy to replace the handset if it still doesn't work.

As for DDTM, it's a toggle option under Call Settings on Sprint HTC Heroes (and it's in the user manual and everything).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

`lads i just nabbed a brand new graphite hero on ebay last night from a power seller for £320 delivered :)

i cant wait to get it,

can anyone fill me in on when the new firmware with the google navigation is due and where do i need to go to find out about what apps i need and how to set the phone up

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,212 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yep Bill Plan Lite was the only plan for me. Just don't spend enough each month for the 20/25 plan and the data add on to make sense.

Think I'll hang on for a while and see whats coming in the new year before splashing out on the PAYG prices.

I'd actually pay the PAYG price and use it on PAYG if there was a decent Data add on you could buy (basically, if you could pay for the unlimited add-on for PAYG) but this isn't the case either. Unfortunate and annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Loving the phone. For some reason, it won't change the notification tone. It's changed in the settings, but when it goes off it's the default. Same result with a stock tone and a custom one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement