Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

For anyone who preordered the collectors edition, some people heard unconfirmed reports that Southern Ireland is not getting collectors edition.

Heres the the link: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/712072/37

This was made by one of the posters:

"On the european delay I havent read the whole thread so I dont know if this is relevant. The CE is available here in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. But ive heard uncomfirmed reports that its not available in southern Ireland which isnt part of the UK. Which seems pretty damn strange. It requires absolutely no localisation."

Hope this isn't true I preordered from gamestop ,which is a rip off of a place, only did it cos I get bonus stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

It better be there tomorrow. Or I will be a very unpleasant person to be around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

For anyone who preordered the collectors edition, some people heard unconfirmed reports that Southern Ireland is not getting collectors edition.

Maybe its just not available in any shop here in the south, but you can order it off any of the UK sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's not true.

I tried to preorder a CE last week in Game and was told they weren't taking preorders for them because they weren't sure if they were getting any, but when I rang a store today they say they did get them in and are selling them tomorrow (preorders get priority). I also rang a Gamestop and they have them in as well, and are selling them tomorrow.
    Just passing on what I was told, I'm not liable if the employees in those two stores were wrong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Game rang and said they had gotten the C.E. in to me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I really hope xtravision have the C.E. in, I really shouldn't get it because of lack of money... but I really want it :p A nice free N7 tshirt would be nice too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

tman wrote: »
    Feckers!
    My Amazon order isn't due to dispatch until Thursday:mad:

Did it dispatch today? According to my Amazon order summary, it's not due to dispatch until Monday??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Did it dispatch today? According to my Amazon order summary, it's not due to dispatch until Monday??:confused:

I just got an email there saying my order had dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I really hope xtravision have the C.E. in, I really shouldn't get it because of lack of money... but I really want it :p A nice free N7 tshirt would be nice too! :p
    N7 Shirt? Whaaaat? Do tell. Asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

koneko wrote: »
    It's not true.

I tried to preorder a CE last week in Game and was told they weren't taking preorders for them because they weren't sure if they were getting any, but when I rang a store today they say they did get them in and are selling them tomorrow (preorders get priority). I also rang a Gamestop and they have them in as well, and are selling them tomorrow.
    Just passing on what I was told, I'm not liable if the employees in those two stores were wrong ;)

I hope those employees are right, I be pretty pissed if they don't have it in tomorrow. I can't wait :)
    Some European countries wont be getting it until next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

11 hours in, it's very, very good.

I think I mentioned in another thread that I didn't witness any texture load in, well, it's still in ME2 but there's not alot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

rizzla wrote: »
    11 hours in, it's very, very good.

I think I mentioned in another thread that I didn't witness any texture load in, well, it's still in ME2 but there's not alot of it.

Have you installed to the hard drive? I seem to remember this made a minor improvement in ME1.

Oh, and you bastard for getting to play it a day early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Have you installed to the hard drive? I seem to remember this made a minor improvement in ME1.

Oh, and you bastard for getting to play it a day early :(

Nah, not yet. I will do it the next time I play it though.

So many people have said that if this game was released in December it would have beaten Uncharted 2 for GOTY and I'd agree with them. There's always GOTY 2010 though.

Nah, its nice to have a decent game in january, or two if you count Bayonetta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nah, its nice to have a decent game in january, or two if you count Bayonetta.

3 if you count darksiders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I went to GAME in northside at around 8pm tonight and asked to pre order the collectors edition, apart from: "pre order? You do know its out tomorrow?" He said as long as i show up early should be no problem getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

calex71 wrote: »
    3 if you count darksiders :)

Four if count Dark Vo...never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My copy from Amazon shipped this afternoon via UPS free shipping. Just did a tack and trace now and it left the UK at 11pm and its now currently in Germany!!!. That said though I have ordered stuff from HK with UPS before and they always got from Germany to my door on time and during the space of 9-10 hours so here's hoping.

Hopefully the CE edition I ordered from game.co.uk will be here tomorrow.

EDIT: well fair play to Amazon and UPS, they left it late to ship but it's currently in Dublin airport as of 5am. The weekend starts as soon as either copy get to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Why did you order two copies?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Got to play this earlier and it's not bad. It has a fantastic intro particularly the moment
    where you run to the bridge only to find the roof is gone and you're looking out into space

It plays pretty much the same as the first game, but with a better cover system. But there's a few bits about it I don't like (or maybe I'm jsut doing them wrong). Thankfully they got rid of the clunky inventory system from the first game. Unfortunately, they didn't replace it with a better inventory system. They just left it out. So when you start a mission, you select your team and their weapons and you can't change them unless you fnid an armoury locker on the level.

You're also only seem to be allowed to use the weapons that your character class can use. So if you want to use sniper rifles, you have to pick a character who can use them at the very start.

Levelling up has been simplified too. There's less skills to improve. It's not like there's nothing for you to level up though, it just seems a little lacking.

I think I was hoping for a more "Dragon Age in space" type game. This is a shooter with a lot of dialogue thrown in. It's still good, though. I'm only near the start, so can't really say how the story is going, but it's enjoyable so far. I'm just hoping they've improved those bloody driving sections!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep, dispatched yesterday but is showing a delivery estimate of 3rd Feb still... I'm hoping they're horribly wrong about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

humanji wrote: »
    Got to play this earlier and it's not bad. It has a fantastic intro particularly the moment
    where you run to the bridge only to find the roof is gone and you're looking out into space

It plays pretty much the same as the first game, but with a better cover system. But there's a few bits about it I don't like (or maybe I'm jsut doing them wrong). Thankfully they got rid of the clunky inventory system from the first game. Unfortunately, they didn't replace it with a better inventory system. They just left it out. So when you start a mission, you select your team and their weapons and you can't change them unless you fnid an armoury locker on the level.

You're also only seem to be allowed to use the weapons that your character class can use. So if you want to use sniper rifles, you have to pick a character who can use them at the very start.

Levelling up has been simplified too. There's less skills to improve. It's not like there's nothing for you to level up though, it just seems a little lacking.

I think I was hoping for a more "Dragon Age in space" type game. This is a shooter with a lot of dialogue thrown in. It's still good, though. I'm only near the start, so can't really say how the story is going, but it's enjoyable so far. I'm just hoping they've improved those bloody driving sections!

The weapon thing was the same in the last game I believe and theres no driving sections unless you buy upcoming DLC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Should be an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

rain wrote:
    The weapon thing was the same in the last game I believe and theres no driving sections unless you buy upcoming DLC.
    In the last game you could change your weapons and their add-ons anywhere in the game. And you could use any weapon, but you wouldn't be as useful with those weapons you haven't been trained in. Or at least that's the way I remember it

And thank god I won't have to suffer the driving! :D

Oh, and an important note to everyone who's getting it: make sure you pay attention to the bottom left and right side of the screen during cutscenes. Sometimes you'll get an option to perform a paragon or renegade action that can change how a scene is played out. I kept daydreaming and missing them and it's one of those things that keeps you wondering what would happened if you had pressed the button at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its not looking my CE copy is going to arrive today.

Its a Mass Effectless weekend for me so...gutted.

EDIT: its just arrived....CE is in a big box compared to the Dragon Age CE

Arrived this morning in the post, cost 0 euro after trade ins.

Agree with Humanji's spoiler, quite a brilliant little moment,
    I spent a few moments looking around, watching the piece of the ship drift off into space before thinking "crap, I hope this isn't a race against the clock".

I've only played it briefly, so far it seems like a more refined and streamlined version of Mass Effect 1. It's early days yet though. Good few loading screens, which may annoy some people but it gives me a chance to sip my tea. Haven't seen any texture pop in, thankfully, but a few little bugs that you would see in any game (clipping issues and that sort of thing) and a character in conversation got stuck looking at where Shepard should have been rather than where he actually was, which detracted from the experience somewhat. I also don't like the holographic displays on the guns for ammo type, I wish I could disable it. I like my guns simple and my bullets piercing thank you very much.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Just got confirmation of my trade-ins from gamesnash, coupon redeemed, game ordered! Here's hoping!

Oh, +1 on the above for gamesnash, excellent service.

Thanks - I see from your later post the game got to you for the weekend too. Happy days ! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Getting in a few hours on it before I have to go to work. So far so good, big improvement on the first.

Although I did encounter a bug where my squad kept firing after all the enemies were cleared, preventing me from continuing to the next area. Had to revert to the last save.

Thanks - I see from your later post the game got to you for the weekend too. Happy days ! :)

Yup, don't think I will be shopping anywhere else for the forseeable future, really good service and now I have mass effect 2 for the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Oh come on, end workday, END!!!!

Advertisement