Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A friend of mine queued them about 15 mins ago and said only 4 were available.
    Looks like they've copped it and removed them. Balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mr E wrote: »
    A friend of mine queued them about 15 mins ago and said only 4 were available.
    Looks like they've copped it and removed them. Balls...

Really? Crap. Don't wanna bust my ass to get home and find I can't download any of them.

Just checked all those links. They're still showing as "purchased", and my download queue still has all items in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

What will I miss out on if I come to this game without any previous save game present from the original Mass Effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah got the first link all downloaded to the xbox, thanks weseire for the heads up on live too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Just turned on the console and they all downloaded automatically.

Nice :)

Cheers BurningEclipse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

:( Only managed to get the Collectors Armour and Rifle, it does look awesome though. Can't wait to use it in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Just got the Collectors' Armour and Rifle too, the others said:

Sorry

This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web.

Still, managed to get something out of it! Good stuff Burning Eclipse!

Anyone else think this was a clever last minute push to get the game mentioned on a few sites before it's US release tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

rizzla wrote: »
    Anyone else think this was a clever last minute push to get the game mentioned on a few sites before it's US release tomorrow?

I don't know about that. The whole reason for a lot of this DLC (like with the Blood Armour and Stone Prisoner DLC for Dragon Age) is to try and stop people buying the game pre-owned. Releasing it all like this would seem to undermine that a bit.

It's the first massive release of 2010, or a least the first big exclusive, so I'd say it's safe to assume it was going to be getting a lot of coverage on websites anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Belfry

On a revenue/anti 2nd hand side I would say that this has little effect cause it was only for a few hours in the early morning US time and the increased coverage from Tweets/Blogs etc. would be well worth it! Even this post will help boost the Mass Effect 2 buzz!

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I don't know about that. The whole reason for a lot of this DLC (like with the Blood Armour and Stone Prisoner DLC for Dragon Age) is to try and stop people buying the game pre-owned. Releasing it all like this would seem to undermine that a bit.

It's the first massive release of 2010, or a least the first big exclusive, so I'd say it's safe to assume it was going to be getting a lot of coverage on websites anyway.

Only 1 of the items was dlc to prevent pre-owned sales. The rest were pre-order bonuses for different shops, and not many people will pre-order the day before release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ah poo none of them working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Only 1 of the items was dlc to prevent pre-owned sales. The rest were pre-order bonuses for different shops, and not many people will pre-order the day before release.

Yeah maybe, but why then not hold off on 'accidentally' releasing the new copy only DLC. Any pre-order bonus anyway is encouraging you to buy it new in the first place. It just seems like it would be a bit short-sighted trying to drum up some publicity when in the long term it could damage future sales of their games if people who had pre-ordered felt burned for losing the exlusivity of their pre-oreder bonuses.

That's assuming Bioware or Microsoft were thinking long-term not short-term, so it's still a possibilty! I just think it'd be a mis-judged one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I did:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Gonna have to leave this til after my gf goes home on the 9th. Dont really want to sit around playing 70 hour epics when she only has a week or two left in ireland :(

Good stuff.... all my queued downloads came down OK.
    Thanks again, Burning Eclipse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

All mine download fine as well. Thanks, guys. Now just to get the actual game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr E wrote: »
    Good stuff.... all my queued downloads came down OK.
    Thanks again, Burning Eclipse.

No problem! Mine also downloaded.

Pesky shops, each with their different DLC... We showed them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 II HAND II

they said that there is a flying version of the mako (if they keep it or not i dont know) but you can still explore planets and therfore require some sort of vehicle to get around in
    and in the videos there seems to be a mako of some kind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

/ me shakes fist at you lucky bastards who got freebies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Cant wait for this, i loved the first one despite the flaws. Ill have to put back buying it tho, as my gf is going back to America on the 9th of feb, so i dont really want to start palying something as in depth as this beforehand, id get nothing done if i did :D

Gonna have to leave this til after my gf goes home on the 9th. Dont really want to sit around playing 70 hour epics when she only has a week or two left in ireland :(
    Cant wait for this, i loved the first one despite the flaws. Ill have to put back buying it tho, as my gf is going back to America on the 9th of feb, so i dont really want to start palying something as in depth as this beforehand, id get nothing done if i did :D

We get it... You have a girlfriend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

id get nothing done if i did
    Alien blowjobs are better anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Don't watch the Gametrailers video review unless you want the whole start of the game spoiled on you.

Bastards!

RAIN wrote: »
    Don't watch the Gametrailers video review unless you want the whole start of the game spoiled on you.

Bastards!

I know my thanks is no consolation, but genuinely, thank you. I hadn't watched it, and now I certainly won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cheers, I wont be watching it now either....

I think I have loads spoiled on me already anyways about the opening few hours buy watching the vids on IGN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Gamespot review:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I know my thanks is no consolation, but genuinely, thank you. I hadn't watched it, and now I certainly won't.

Sickened I am. They did the same with Gears of War 2 with the big water boss thing and worm level. So stupid.

Advertisement