Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Wow, this has already been torented over 300,000 times! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My Collectors Edition was shipped this afternoon from game.co.uk:) Glad to see they are on the ball, should have this for the weekend. I want and try to get 1200/1200 on ME one before it gets here, currently on 915/1200.

All the reviews so far are giving it great overall reports despite the glitches in the game that will hopefully be patched up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Here's the Edge review. They gave it
    9/10

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/review-mass-effect-2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

My Collectors Edition was shipped this afternoon from game.co.uk:)

Mine too //Virtual High 5

As for getting 1200/1200, I gave up, I have 945, and I have everything done except an Insane playthrough, have the Tali and Kaiden achievements to get and all the Engineer and Biotic abilities ones(75 of each action)...There is no way I'd get them all done...and I don't want to mess up my Lvl 60 soldier that I will be importing, just done my perfect playthrough last week.
    Paragon, Bedded Ashley, Wrex is alive, Council alive, and Caption Anderson in on the Council

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

CKWPORT wrote: »
    just done my perfect playthrough last week.
    Paragon, Bedded Ashley, Wrex is alive, Council alive, and Caption Anderson in on the Council

For me:
    Vanguard
    Paragon
    'Bedded' Liara
    Sacrificed Ashley (the racist bitch)
    Wrex is Alive
    Council is Alive
    Captain Anderson on the Council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mr. K wrote: »
    Edge gave ME 2 a
    !

So yeah, turns out I had picked up GamesTM when I saw that. I looked at the copy of Edge in Eason again today and was wondering why I couldn't find the review...then it dawned on me. In my defence, they do look rather similar :o!

Sorry guys, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Because of this mix up, I will most definitely still be buying the game.

I think at this stage it would take "Mass Effect 2 linked to infertility" claims to stop me buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Asked in Gamestop today was there any chance of getting a copy of the game before Friday. Era, chancing my arm.

Basically - no way. They said they didn't even have it in stock yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

TheHut shipped it as well. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get it for Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Feckers!
    My Amazon order isn't due to dispatch until Thursday:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tman wrote: »
    Feckers!

Yeah, saw that. I have another copy pre-ordered for the DLC, sad I know. For shame Amazon. At least they are not as bad as Play.

The Hut, Asda and Game are the places to go to get them on release day or before in some cases, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Playing ME1 atm, spending most of my time dying and reloading. Looks like it'll be a few months til i buy the sequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Without a pre-order, is the collector's edition likely to be available anywhere on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Without a pre-order, is the collector's edition likely to be available anywhere on Friday?

It's worth asking, particularly in Gamestop. From past experience, Game are less likely than Gamestop to get in extra copies. It never hurts to ask!

If you're willing to wait, I imagine you'll see a few copies in shops a few weeks after release anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Could be doubtful, when I tried to get Assassins Creed 2 CE on release they only gave em to people who pre-ordered. Depends on the store and the stock of CE's they got, usually only a handful for each store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Gah, I'm all confused to which class to start with :(

Was all set to play as a vanguard until now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Infiltrator all the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone hear if tesco is gonna have a special price for this on friday?

Or wheres the cheapest place to preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I've been playing as the soldier class. His Adrenaline Rush Biotic power pretty much freezes time when fully spec'd out. Allowing you to unload an entire assault rifle clip into a bad dudes head. Coupled with the correct ammo type depending on the enemies defenses (shield, armour, barrier, etc. . .) and a visor that gives Shepherd +10% headshot damage, they've been dropping like flies. Actually starting to feel a bit too over powered now that I've found a rifle with an 80 round clip size that unloads ridiculously fast. Don't think I've died once in the 30hrs I've played so far.

Minor (not story related)
    You acquire an upgrade pretty early on that lets choose one of your team mates "loyalty" powers. These are powers that they gain by you helping them out on their specific side mission. You can use the upgrade as many times as you like (as long as you have the resources), allowing you to try out most of the really good powers in the game.

Not gonna have assassins creed 2 finished in time for the post today, which means probably won't have it before the weekend :(

• Advertisement

gloobag wrote: »
    I've been playing as the soldier class. His Adrenaline Rush Biotic power pretty much freezes time when fully spec'd out. Allowing you to unload an entire assault rifle clip into a bad dudes head. Coupled with the correct ammo type depending on the enemies defenses (shield, armour, barrier, etc. . .) and a visor that gives Shepherd +10% headshot damage, they've been dropping like flies. Actually starting to feel a bit too over powered now that I've found a rifle with an 80 round clip size that unloads ridiculously fast. Don't think I've died once in the 30hrs I've played so far.

Minor (not story related)
    You acquire an upgrade pretty early on that lets choose one of your team mates "loyalty" powers. These are powers that they gain by you helping them out on their specific side mission. You can use the upgrade as many times as you like (as long as you have the resources), allowing you to try out most of the really good powers in the game.

Cool thats something I wasn't clear about.
    Also your a bastard for getting 30 hrs in already :( give us your score after 30hrs!

Iv done up a bit of a launch center thing on the site - just loads of character class videos and breakdowns of the special edition contents etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Might get this, would get a decent trade for Borderlands? I wasn't feeling that game at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Excellent, game turned up just now. So happy I managed to avoid any spoilers.

rizzla wrote: »
    Excellent, game turned up just now. So happy I managed to avoid any spoilers.

who did you order it off???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Gamesnash, I won a voucher and traded in a couple of games so decided to give them a go.

Fair play to them getting it to ya today...really hoping my game.co.uk one comes today now too....

rizzla wrote: »
    Gamesnash, I won a voucher and traded in a couple of games so decided to give them a go.

Hear nothing but good things about them, and now you get ME2 a day early. Pffff I'm defo giving them ago next big release.

Just got confirmation of my trade-ins from gamesnash, coupon redeemed, game ordered! Here's hoping!

Oh, +1 on the above for gamesnash, excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Is the collectors edition for Xbox 360 definitely going to be released tomorrow Friday?

Theres a lot of post on a thread on Bioware's social forum about delays of collectors edition for Xbox 360 in some European countries. I don't know if gamestop Ireland is affected or not :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tman wrote: »
    Feckers!

you could do what i tend to do buy it on release in a game shop then return the cheaper Amazon version to game when it arrives.

Advertisement