Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

rizzla wrote: »
    I don't know. I think it might be a code in the manual to encourage new sales rather than preowned, pure guess on my part though.

I'd say thats it, like what they did with Dragon Age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Anyone know anything about the special red dragon armour you can get if you pre order at Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

has anyone played this? know its out friday but i know people get games early or maybe im just PARANOID lol!! seriously should i spend my hard earned cash on this? (ok maybe just cash not hard earned lol):rolleyes:

LD 50 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the special red dragon armour you can get if you pre order at Gamestop?

You can only get the Dragon Age armor if you bought an early copy of Dragon Age. Its a code inside the box.

has anyone played this? know its out friday but i know people get games early or maybe im just PARANOID lol!! seriously should i spend my hard earned cash on this? (ok maybe just cash not hard earned lol):rolleyes:

Its out this day week in the US, we get it next Friday not this.

• Advertisement

Bioware has confirmed the free DLC. It will be in all new copies of the game via the Cerberus Network card that comes with all new copies. If you get the game second hand and somebody has used the card you will have to pay for the DLC. The soundtrack for the game was also released today on itunes if you happen to use that service.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4207-Mass-Effect-2-Free-Launch-DLC-Confirmed--Soundtrack-Now-Available.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

You can only get the Dragon Age armor if you bought an early copy of Dragon Age. Its a code inside the box.

Crap. So what comes in the CE? Thats the one I booked?

• Dark Horse Comic Issue #1 Edition
    • Hardcover Art Book
    • Bonus DVD (content TBC but will contain making of videos, soundtrack etc)
    • Exclusive In-Game Armour (not the Dragon Age one) its one of the 3 exclusive armours doing the rounds
    \thats about it now that everyone gets the network card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yes ive played it

i dont like it, so ill say keep your money. however my colleague loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Video showing how the importing of old saves feature works, looks quite concise and simple enough.

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/me2_spc_import_011910.html;jsessionid=7l6n19oclqh0i

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Helix wrote: »
    yes ive played it

i dont like it, so ill say keep your money. however my colleague loved it

You didn't like ME1 though, so you're hardly the best person to look to for recommendations of this game. I'd say 95% of the people in this thread who are planning on buying ME2 have already played and enjoyed ME1 despite the flawed combat.
    Tis like me playing Skate 2/3 and telling people who loved the first game not to buy the sequel because it sucks (I loathed Skate and expect to feel the same about any of the sequels, but many people out there adore the games)

You seem like an odd choice of reviewer to get a copy of the game tbh, would be like sending me to review the latest rom com:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Quick question: This one and the previous would made a big deal about interrupting dialogue. What is this? I played the first one and when people were talking, I could hit a button to skip what they said. Sometimes the dialogue options would pop up and I could choose my next line before the NPC finished speaking. But I never say this make a jot of difference, other than getting past some of the more tedious dialogue more quickly. Was there more to it?

No the first one did not feature this, its just a way of skipping conversations. In the ME2 you can interrupt, sometimes with dialogue and other times with actions. There are videos showing this. One where Shepard knocks a gun out of Miranda's hand as she is about to execute someone. There were choices on screen to show this in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Anybody seen any prices for this around yet? Smyths seem to be 50 atm, hopefully xtra-vision do it cheaper so I can get it straight after college :D I got an AC2 t-shirt free last time so hopefully they do something like that again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

tman wrote: »
    You seem like an odd choice of reviewer to get a copy of the game tbh, would be like sending me to review the latest rom com:p

i didnt review it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

is this a 2 dvd game????????

Edit: Looks like it is and is already leaked :(

Yeah, its two DVDs. That was announced a while ago. There is a point in the game where you swap discs.

On the 360 version you can install both discs but you still have to perform the swap. On the PC you install both discs and you don't need to swap them.

I don't see the big deal with multi disc games, alot of people are making a fuss about it. I'm surprised multi DVD games have not happened sooner. There already 4 DVD games out on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just look at this trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2O-0-fQOOs

looks class best trailer ive ever seen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr. Gruff

Anybody seen any prices for this around yet? Smyths seem to be 50 atm, hopefully xtra-vision do it cheaper so I can get it straight after college :D I got an AC2 t-shirt free last time so hopefully they do something like that again!

I'd do illegal things to a ME shirt :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

tman wrote: »
    You didn't like ME1 though, so you're hardly the best person to look to for recommendations of this game. I'd say 95% of the people in this thread who are planning on buying ME2 have already played and enjoyed ME1 despite the flawed combat.
    Tis like me playing Skate 2/3 and telling people who loved the first game not to buy the sequel because it sucks (I loathed Skate and expect to feel the same about any of the sequels, but many people out there adore the games)

That's not really how it works though

Mass Effect was a mess of a game. The QA was terrible, textures loading mid conversation, horrible elevator journeys, side missions were bull**** and combat was a bit meh. There were lots of genuine things wrong with that game.

Personally it frustrates me to see people applaud it because it just encourages more bug ridden games like it.

Now once you stuck to the main story it was a cracker.

If the game is more stable and technically sound, the ridiculous elevators are "serviced" and the combat gets a little revamp for the better (please, no mako) then I'd easily rate it better.

If it remains the same well then I guess so will my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

By far the best games trailer I've ever seen, very cinematic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Not a patch on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Vegeta wrote: »
    That's not really how it works though

Mass Effect was a mess of a game. The QA was terrible, textures loading mid conversation, horrible elevator journeys, side missions were bull**** and combat was a bit meh. There were lots of genuine things wrong with that game.

Personally it frustrates me to see people applaud it because it just encourages more bug ridden games like it.

Now once you stuck to the main story it was a cracker.

If the game is more stable and technically sound, the ridiculous elevators are "serviced" and the combat gets a little revamp for the better (please, no mako) then I'd easily rate it better.

If it remains the same well then I guess so will my opinion.

I'm pretty sure all of those issues have been addressed in some form! Playing through the first in recent weeks tried my patience sometimes, I found myself avoiding the elevators as much as possible. The one from C-Sec to the Normandy landing platform was the worst, there was no way to avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

so what class is everyone going to be playing in this?
    I'm thinking Vanguard, he looks badass

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Play.com have it for Buy and says dispatched within 24 hours...Not sure if that means I'd have it by Friday latest...It took over a week for my 30 Rock dvds to arrive, so I don't wanna take the chance I don't have it for Friday at the latest...anyone ever get brand new games from them before release?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I'm about 15 hours into it. It's pretty good and I'm definitely enjoying it, but at the same time it's a little disappointing.

There's a lot of long loading screens, numerous graphical issues, boring side quests with crap rewards, a lot of the locales seem quite generic, farming for resources is a total snoozefest (I actually fell asleep mid game because of it).
    All the same issues that were present in ME1 really.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I just feel a little let down, was hoping they would've cranked it up a notch for the sequal. But, other than better gunplay and slightly better graphics, there isn't much new here at all.

Story is a bit 'meh' compared to ME1 also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Games tm gave it 10/10, and said that this could be game of the year, and its only January. I'll be getting my copy on Monday (dont ask) and i can't bloody wait.

One thing, do not watch the Gametrailers review. They apparently give some serious end game spoilers.

• Advertisement

Undead wrote: »
    Play.com have it for Buy and says dispatched within 24 hours...Not sure if that means I'd have it by Friday latest...It took over a week for my 30 Rock dvds to arrive, so I don't wanna take the chance I don't have it for Friday at the latest...anyone ever get brand new games from them before release?

The best I've ever got from Play was a week after release day. I'd try HMV, Asda or Game. Asda do ship before release day. I've gotten games aday early with them before.

Advertisement