Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

thanks boby and rubadub, will change power cleans to 5x3 then. I kinda did notice my form going to Sh1te towards the end of the set tbh.
    In regards to the shoulder press, the minimum i can go up is 2.5kg as i have no smaller plates.
    And i recently started going in angry :P, not as bad as hanley now (people can understand what im saying :P) but fairly angry.
    I wasnt sure if id need the rest on pullups but i take heed of your warning, id never do them in one sitting, it was usualyl spaced throughout the day.
    And my plan is once i get 10 and 10 im doing weighted :)

Monday May 18th:
    Ok Day ? (cant remember

Squats
    (wide stance)
    Oly bar -1x10
    40kg -1x5
    50kg -1x5
    60kg -1x5
    70kg -1x1
    75kg -1x1
    77.5kg -2x5 1x4
    ---
    Deadlifts
    40kg -1x10
    60kg -1x5
    701x5
    90kg -1x1
    100kg 1x5
    pb!(1 rep was sumo also)
    ---
    Bench Press
    40kg -1x10
    50kg -1x10
    60kg -1x1
    67.5kg -1x5 1x4 1x5
    ---
    Dips
    1x10--- pb reps!
    1x7 (not bad really)
    ---
    Assistance

Lying leg curl

50kg 3x8 (real slow and slow negatives)
    ---
    Abb pulldowns setted with face pulls
    95kg- 3x15/55kg -3x12
    ---
    Thoughts:
    What a horrible day. First off the weather and i had to cycle :(. Then i hadnt had any food from 12am till 6pm when i got home. Then i got to the gym and just as i was about to start my first workset on squats, my mp3 player broke(150 euro gone :( ). And to top it all off, i felt sick. But it actually went well :P
    ---
    Squats went well considering i was listening to beyonce or some sh1t. On my last set i didnt even attempt my last rep. the 4th rep, had a 6 second part in the middle of it, where i wasnt sure if i was gonna fail or not, it looked harder than kevpants 3rd squat attempt in the competition :P and it took longer :P
    ---
    Bench was freaky. first two sets where mega hard, but then i got someone to help me unrack the 3rd set and i actually checked the bar at the end cause it felt like it was 5 kg lighter.
    ---
    Dips felt so sore, chest is in ruins :P
    ---
    Deadlifts where good. felt easy, tried one narrow enough sumo lift for fun.
    ---
    Abb pulldowns and face pulls where mega sore, im doing them slower to compensate for weight shortage haha.
    ---
    Dropped back on hamstring curl and went real slow.
    ---
    All in all, none to shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

How old was the mp3? Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act their ass if its circa 1 year old or less.

well it was my fault and its over a year old :D, it was in my pocket and it started lashin rain, got waterlogged

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wasnt sure if id need the rest on pullups but i take heed of your warning, id never do them in one sitting, it was usualyl spaced throughout the day.
    You need rest just like any other exercise. The only times I have heard people saying you could train everyday without fear of overtraining is by doing exercises you can manage at high reps. e.g. I used to do 50 pushups every morning for a while. Also there is a technique called "greasing the groove", which is basically doing half your max reps of an exercise throughout the day, everyday for a week or so. If you can do say 10 chinups you do 5 everytime you pass your chinup bar. I actually did this once with success. It is supposed to train your CNS to get used to the movement. My thread on it is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55112536

Also bear in mind you might be working the same muscle groups on certain exercises, so if doing a lot of arm & back work it might not be advisable to be "greasing the groove" that day and the day after..
    well it was my fault and its over a year old :D, it was in my pocket and it started lashin rain, got waterlogged
    Probably too late now, but if electronics ever get wet NEVER turn them on. It will supply power which can short out the electronics. If you can always remove the battery immediately and put in a hot press, or warm window sill for several days. You can also get moisture absorbing crystals in hardware shops. Even if you did try turning it on it is worth leaving it for several days until you are fully sure it is dried out and try again. I have gotten 3 wet phones back to life, and just 2 weeks ago got a beer soaked ipod back running.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Also there is a technique called "greasing the groove", which is basically doing half your max reps of an exercise throughout the day, everyday for a week or so. If you can do say 10 chinups you do 5 everytime you pass your chinup bar

this is exactly what ive been doin, didnt know it had a name cheers. Oh and ill check the Mp3 player later thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

kudos on the deadlift pb, it HAD to feel good having the 4 plates on the bar!

yea it was :P, made me look manly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

yea it was :P, made me look manly :P

The rest of use have facial hair for that!!

Sorry, cheap shot. Well done on the PB.

hey i can grow facial hair! Just takes a few months and it may not appear even. Oh and L screw u

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

fluff.jpg

Ok Day #17

Wednesday May 20th:
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings and hip circles
    Front squat 1x2 Oly bar
    some hamstring stretches

Squats

Bw 1x10
    Oly bar -1x3
    40kg -1x3
    60kg -1x3
    70kg -1x1
    75kg -1x1(as deep as i could)
    77.5kg 2x5 1x2(reset) 1x2(failed on third)
    ---
    Shoulder press
    Oly bar -1x10
    30kg -1x5
    40kg -1x3
    47.5kg -1x5---PB
    46.2kg -1x5---PB(for 2nd set anyway)
    45kg -1x5(knackered)
    ---
    Power Cleans
    Oly bar-1x10
    40kg -1x8
    55kg -5x4
    55kg -1x1 (failed twice on 2nd rep)
    ---
    Dips
    1x8
    1x8

---
    Thoughts:
    Although i failed on a few things.Im happy.
    ---
    First and 2nd set on squats where brilliant, on paralell and didnt make me feel tired. Then on the third set my nose was extremely itchy and i couldnt ignore it, so i reracked and stratched :P. Then when i reset the first 2 reps where fine, but then i dropped too low on the last rep.
    ---
    I was tired at this stage and i knew once i picked up 47.5 i knew id not get more than one set.I tied a 1.25kg plate to the middle of the bar for the 2nd set using the rope from my shorts :P, i just had a brain wave!
    ---
    Wasnt sure on what weight to do on power cleans now for 5x3 but i guessed the same, ill get it next week.
    ---
    Happy with dips. I kept myself really tight and really felt it in my chest.
    ---
    I hadnt enough time so i didnt do any assistance. I failed the squats because of personal error,power cleans cause i was tired. I got up at 8 am this morning cause i was busy during the day.

Friday May 22th:
    Ok Day 18 i think

Squats
    (wide stance)
    Oly bar -1x10
    40kg -1x5
    50kg -1x5
    60kg -1x5
    70kg -1x1
    75kg -1x1
    77.5kg -3x5(very happy with these)
    ---
    Deadlifts(AAAAAAH)
    40kg -1x10
    60kg -1x5
    70kg -1x2
    90kg -1x1
    100kg -1x2(Failed)
    80kg -1x5 (fast)
    90kg -1x5
    ---
    Bench Press
    40kg -1x10
    50kg -1x10
    60kg -1x1
    67.5kg -3x3 (ill explain)
    ---
    Dips
    1x10 happy with these, but want them to be faster
    1x10 same as above
    ---
    Assistance
    Good mornings

30kg -1x5
    35kg -1x5
    40kg -3x5 (experimenting with these)
    ---
    95kg- 3x15/60kg -3x10 ---Pb for face pulls weight.
    ---
    Thoughts:
    First day lifting in cons and the day itself was interesting. First off, no porridge, had to deal with special K crap.2nd no glucose for my shake, was tired aswell. Forgot my chalk and had no spotter for bench.
    ---
    Squats where the highlift of the day, really getting my form good and will be moving up on these in the future, im nearly at bw 3x5. Id love to hit 100kg for 3x5.
    ---
    Bench sucked. I had no chalk so my hands where slipping down the bar by the 2nd rep. I knew i wasnt gonna hit 3x5 so i decided to just do 3x3 and go to hell on the dips.
    ---
    Dips where good, got 10 and 10. but they where in groups. Like id do 5, then take a 5 second rest and do another 3 or something.
    ---
    I hate deadlifts!!! The last day i had 25kg plates on teh inside of the bar because they are slightly higher than the 20kgs. Today i dropped down to the 20kg plates and i could only get it for 2 reps. The third rep my back was bent to bits so i just left it. I checked my back on all my reps today and my upper back rounds no matter what the weight. Even on 40kg! Really considering moving to really wide sumo for a week just to see where it gets me.
    ---
    Pulldowns and face pulls where good. Tiring but good, was tired after the Gms probably.
    ---
    Experimented with these today and they felt good. Was kinda checking my form so wasnt sure of the weight, will try 45-50 the next day.
    ---
    Grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Man are you sure your cable stack is in kgs???:confused:
    95kg- 3x15/60kg -3x10 ---Pb for face pulls weight

oh im sure the cable stack is inaccurate, Id wager that the number on the plates is double what im actually lifting

Ok Day #19

Monday May 25th:
    Warm ups:
    Front squat 1x2 Oly bar Good depth.

Squats

Bw 1x10
    Oly bar -1x5
    40kg -1x2
    60kg -1x2
    70kg -1x1
    77.5kg -1x1(as deep as i could)
    80kg -3x5(Good Depth)
    PPPPBBBB!!!!!!! FCK YEA!!!
    ---
    Shoulder press
    Oly bar -1x5
    30kg -1x5
    40kg -1x1
    47.5kg -1x545kg -2x5
    ---
    Power Cleans
    Oly bar-1x10
    45kg -1x8
    55kg -5x3

---
    Dips
    1x7(5sec break)1x3
    1x5(5sec break)1x3(2sec break) 1x2
    ---
    Assistance
    ---
    Abb Pulldowns and Face Pulls
    95kg - 3x15 60kg -3x10
    ---
    Rev Hypers
    (I Think thats the name anyway)
    bw+10kg -2x15 1x20

---
    Thoughts:
    HELL YES!!
    ---
    Yo gravity, FCK U!!! Im still smiling after squats, 80KG!!! I had 1 high rep out of the 3 sets, only 1! The cons actually help me get lower! Im loving these now, the 20kg and 10kg plate on each side looked sexy.
    ---
    Tired on these, but reps where good. Very funny 2nd set. It was the last rep and instead of forcing my head forward, i pushed the bar back and i lost my balance, i started walking back to try and get behind the bar, but it wasnt working, i glanced in the squat rack mirror and saw the reebok step was getting closer to my feet. I had one option. I jumped onto the reebox step as quick as i could, with teh bar above my head. I managed to just get the bar down before it went back further and pulled me off the step. Thank christ no one saw me.
    ---
    Power cleans where good and fast, i prefer 5x3, thanks bobby
    ---
    Im really feeling dips in my chest more by tucking my elbows in, loving these.
    ---
    Abb pulldowns and Face pulls where good.
    ---
    Rev hypers are very good, i feel the doms are gonna last for a while, all my lower back feels animal!

Monday May 18th:
    Ok Day 20
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings x10 per leg
    front squats oly bar 1x2

Squats

Oly bar -1x5
    40kg -1x5
    50kg -1x4
    60kg -1x3
    70kg -1x2
    77.5kg -1x1
    80kg -2x5 1x4(didnt fail just reset) 1x1
    ---
    Deadlifts
    40kg -1x10
    60kg -1x5
    70kg -1x5(in cons)
    90kg -1x5(double over grip)
    ---
    Bench Press
    40kg -1x10
    50kg -1x10
    60kg -1x1
    67.5kg -1x4 , last rep was spotter assisted
    65kg -2x3
    ---
    Dips
    Forgot to do them :(
    ---
    Assistance

Rev hypers

10kg 3x20 slowish reps.
    ---
    95kg- 3x15/60kg -3x12 Really slow reps
    ---
    Thoughts:
    Pretty pissed off today. The gym was freaking boiling! By the 2nd set of squats i realised there was no air circulation. I was literally breathing in my own sweat, very elegant.
    ---
    Squats where going well until the third set. I Was literally dizzy by the 4th rep from the heat, i decided to play it safe and reracked.
    ---
    Bench was too hard in the heat, just couldnt hack it.
    ---
    Gonna start doing reps of a deficit to help.
    ---
    Abb pulldowns and face pulls where sore/good
    ---
    Rev hypers are always good.

Ok Day #21

Friday May 29th:
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings and touching toes
    Front squat 1x1 Pretty low, trying to work on wrist flexibility

Squats

Bw 1x10
    Oly bar -1x5
    Oly bar -1x5 (low bar positioning)
    40kg -1x5
    40kg -1x5(low bar)
    60kg -1x2
    60kg -1x2(low bar)
    70kg -1x2
    70kg -1x1(low bar)
    80kg -1x2(failed 3rd rep) 1x2
    80kg -2x5 (came back with a vengeance)
    ---
    Shoulder press
    Oly bar -1x5
    30kg -1x5
    40kg -1x1
    47.5kg -3x5
    PB
    ---
    Power Cleans
    Oly bar-1x10
    45kg -1x5 (hang cleans)
    55kg -5x3(getting better and faster)

---
    Dips
    1x10---PB for speed, no rest between any reps
    1x7(3 sec break) 1x2(3 sec break) 1x1
    Assistance
    ---
    95kg - 3x15 60kg -3x10 (concentrated on face pull form)
    ---
    Rev Hypers

10kg 3x20 (killed my hamstrings and lowerback)

---
    Thoughts:
    Good day today(hit 2 pbs and tried out low bar squatting.)
    ---
    I dropped to low which is why i failed on the first set of squats. But more importantly, i tried out lowbar squatting, and it is way easier imo. The 70kg went up way easier low bar than high bar. The only problem is my wrists hurt doing this, im hoping someone might know why. Im definatly doing these again, if i can get my form right i may replace high bar squats altogether, i could see myself hitting 90kg with them.
    ---
    PB on the shoulder press, good ROM too, i wasnt expecting to get the last set but there ya go.
    ---
    Power cleans are getting better, im enjoying them, although i cant finish up with the bar on my shoulders because my wrists wont flex back there.
    ---
    Dips went real well. My chest was on fire after them, i try to tuck my elbows in, hoping theyl carry over to my bench.
    ---
    Slowin the reps on abb pulldowns and face pulls, trying to get more out of em.
    ---
    Rev hypers really work my lower back and hamstrings which is weird. Im not sure if they are meant to hit my hams at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Your wrists are hurting because low bar squatting KILLS them!!

If you're not already, take a thumbless grip and try to stop your wrist folding back towards your forearms. This may me taking a wide grip - it may cost you some tightness tho. Failing that, get some 20-24 inch wrist wraps and deal with it.

I've been low bar squatting for 2+ years and wrap my wrists up snuggly most days doing it, there's been no long term damage that I can see anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Try and get the bar as close to your wrists as possible, if its up at your knuckles its going to hurt that much more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Try and get the bar as close to your wrists as possible, if its up at your knuckles its going to hurt that much more.

Good point.

Have a look in Kev's log for the picture of him squatting at the IDFPA comp and check out his hand position. He almost has his wrist on the bar.

Monday june 1st: i think
    Ok Day ? cant remember
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings x10 per leg
    trying to touch toes for 12 reps :
    ---
    Bench Press STUPID IDEA GOING FIRST!
    40kg -1x10
    50kg -1x6
    60kg -1x3
    65kg -1x1
    67.5kg -1x4.5 1x3.5 1x3.5
    ---
    Squats (so tired from bench)
    Oly bar -1x5(low barred aswell)
    40kg -1x5 (same as above)
    50kg -1x4 (same)
    60kg -1x3 (same)
    70kg -1x2 (same)
    75kg -1x1 (way too bad form)
    70kg -1x4 2x3 (all low bar) (i dropped back, too tired)
    ---
    Deadlifts
    40kg -1x10
    60kg -1x5
    70kg -1x5(in cons)
    100kg -1x3--pb ( calling this a pb, great form and off 20s)
    95kg -1x3

---
    Dips
    1x10 -7,3
    1x10 -5,3,2
    ---
    Assistance

Bent over rows
    (No idea why but hey :D)
    40kg -1x8
    60kg -1x8
    55kg -2x8
    ---
    ---
    Bicep Curls
    17.5kg -1x6(per arm)
    Thoughts:
    Did bench first which was a big mistake, bench didnt improve but everything else went to sh1t
    ---
    I knew i wasnt getting 80kg , so i stepped it back and focused on low bar squatting
    ---
    On the other hand, deadlifts went well, really got my form on the 100kilo reps, gonna go for 4 or 5 next day.
    ---
    No idea why i did bent over rows, i think i wanted to thicken my upper back or something, no idea.
    ---
    Abb pulldowns and face pulls where sore/good
    ---
    I did bicep curls, no idea why really, just grabbed some dumbells i guess.

Ok Day #23

Wednesday June 3rd:
    Warm ups:
    some toe touching action also.

Squats

Bw 1x10 (warm ups where done low bar aswell as highbar)
    Oly bar -1x5
    40kg -1x2
    60kg -1x2
    70kg -1x1
    77.5kg -1x1(as deep as i could)
    80kg -2x5(best depth so far)
    80kg -1x2 (too hot, too tired :( )
    ---
    Shoulder press
    Oly bar -1x5
    30kg -1x5
    40kg -1x1
    47.5kg -1x2 (just knew it wasnt goin anywhere)
    45kg -3x5
    ---
    Power Cleans
    Oly bar-1x10
    45kg -1x8
    60kg -1x2
    55kg -4x3

---
    Dips
    Think i forgot them but cant remember now :D
    ---
    Assistance
    ---
    95kg - 3x15 60kg -3x10(Extremely slow)
    ---
    Hypers
    (Ive been naming them wrong)
    bw+10kg -3x20 (extremely slow again)

---
    Thoughts:
    BOO-URNS
    ---
    Sad day, just went wrong, first 2 sets of squats where good, but third one i was just too tired.
    ---
    After first 2 reps i knew it wasnt happening, so stepped it back and played it safe.
    ---
    Tried for a pb on powercleans, will get the first set on 60kg the next day.
    ---
    cant remember dips if i did or not.
    ---
    Abb pulldowns and Face pulls where good. Felt i was slacking on form so i slowed it down
    ---
    hypers are very good, I actually was afraid to arch my back because i didnt think my lower back muscles could support the weight after them :D

Sathurday June 6th:
    Ok Day 24 couldnt go yesterday
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings x10 per leg
    front squats oly bar 1x2
    Bastardized version of diesal crew warmup, couldnt remember it, 3kg bells.
    some other stretches and bw squats.

Squats

Oly bar -1x5
    40kg -1x2 (1 rep low bar)
    50kg -1x1(low bar)
    60kg -1x1
    70kg -1x1
    80kg -3x5 (Brilliant depth) best squats ive ever done in my life)
    ---
    Deadlifts
    40kg -1x5
    60kg -1x1
    80kg -1x2(in cons)
    100kg -1x5 ----PB reps(off the 20kg plates, not 25kgs)
    ---
    Bench Press
    40kg -1x5
    50kg -1x3
    60kg -1x1
    65kg -1x5,1x3
    60kg -1x5 (knackered)
    ---
    Dips
    1x10 all in one go
    1x10 5,2,2,1
    ---
    Assistance

hypers

15kg 1x10
    15kg 2x15
    15kg barbell 1x4 (messing around,couldnt get the bar to stick on my neck so i left it)
    ---
    Abb pulldowns
    57.5kg- 3x15 (new machine, accurate weight.)
    ---
    Face Pulls
    60kg 3x10, not accurate machine, biceps where so sore after this aswell as back)
    ---
    Bicep Curls
    17.5kg Dbs 2x14 7 reps per arm.
    ---
    Thoughts:
    Im happy with today, even if bench sucked.
    ---
    I finally got squats good, I was looking over some hanley vids and noticed how he always kinda looked "tight" if u know what i mean. I diagnosed i was dropping way too fast. Slowed it down today, got more depth and didnt have to Gm any reps at the end or anything. These reps where 1-2 inches below paralell.
    ---
    Deadlift was fun. I got my 5 reps with my back straight.
    ---
    Bench sucked ass, but meh, im probably gonna reset to 62.5kg next day and move up again.
    ---
    Changed stack for abs as the weight on the other one was too light. This one is the real weight. Very tough
    ---
    Face pulls wrecked!
    ---
    Dunno why i did bicep curls again, just did, i do like the pump i get :D., Dips and Hypers Where both good.

Ok Day #keep forgetting :D

Monday June 8th:
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings x10 per leg
    Front squat 1x1

Squats
    Bw 1x10 paused at bottom
    Oly bar -1x2
    40kg -1x1
    60kg -1x1
    60kg -1x1
    70kg -1x1
    80kg -2x5,1x4,1x1
    ---
    Shoulder press
    Oly bar -1x5
    30kg -1x5
    40kg -1x1
    47.5kg -2x5 1x3
    40kg -1x3
    ---
    Power Cleans
    Oly bar-1x10
    45kg -1x8
    57.5kg -2x3
    57.5kg -2x2
    57.5kg -1x3

---
    Dips
    1x7(5sec break)1x3
    1x52,1,2
    ---
    Assistance
    Too tired.
    Thoughts:
    Average day
    ---
    Squats where a bit meh, I couldnt get into a grove under the bar and was a bit all over the place.
    ---
    Happy with shoulder press, didnt think id get 1 set done let alone 2.
    ---
    Power cleans where good, PBs are always fun.
    ---
    Dips killed me.

Wednesday 10th June
    Ok Day 25
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings x10 per leg hamstrings where tight today
    front squats 25kg 1x1

Squats

Oly bar -1x5
    40kg -1x5
    50kg -1x1
    60kg -1x1
    70kg -1x1
    80kg -2x5 1x4(Reset)
    82.5kg -1x1 PB weight (very small)
    ---
    Deadlifts
    40kg -1x10
    60kg -1x5(explosive speed :D)
    70kg -1x5(same as above)
    102.5kg -1x5(double over grip)
    ---
    Bench Press
    40kg -1x10
    50kg -1x10
    60kg -1x1
    62.5kg -3x5 (easy squeezy, first reset of SS)
    ---
    Pullups (wide grip Like my bench grip id say, pinky on ring style)
    2x5
    Assisted Pull ups very little assistance
    2x5

Kneeling Abb pulldowns
    crappy stack +10kg 1x10 (waiting for proper stack)
    ---
    Abb pulldowns face pulls
    ---
    Thoughts:
    Good day today, technically hit two Prs, deadlift one was nice.
    ---
    Happy with squats, good depth, 3rd set i reracked after 4 and immediatly regreted it. so i threw on 2.5kg and cracked out another rep. Minimal rest between the single and the last set.
    ---
    Bench was p!ss. Cracked out my reps at the speed of my sets of 15.
    ---
    Pull ups where hard, have never done wide grip before, thought id give my chest a rest from dips
    ---
    Abb pulldowns where sore, i enjoyed them
    ---
    I was using a straight bar for face pulls instead of rope, wasnt as good. Had a kind of jerking movement.

Ok Day #19

Monday May 25th:
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings
    Front squat 1x30kg

Squats

Bw 1x10 paused at bottom
    Oly bar -1x5
    40kg -1x2
    60kg -1x2 narrow stance
    70kg -1x1
    70kg -1x1 narrow stance
    80kg -2x5
    82.5kg -1x5 --- PB reps
    ---
    Shoulder press
    Oly bar -1x5
    30kg -1x5
    40kg -1x1
    47.5kg -1x5
    45kg -2x5 (rushed through these, sickening)
    ---
    Power Cleans
    Oly bar-1x10
    hang clean 45kg -1x4
    55kg -3x5 (was in a hurry)

Chin ups
    2x5

No time for assistance

---
    Thoughts:
    Good day, hit a squat pb, always good.
    ---
    I enjoyed squats today, powered through my reps pretty quick for the first 2 sets. My main problem is catching my breath between reps and sets. The last set the depth was a bit iffy, but it wasnt too bad.
    ---
    Shoulder press- Decently sickening
    ---
    Did 3x5 on Power cleans, its weird. I am actually better at these if i dont touch the ground with the bar. I stop like mid shin atm.
    ---
    Im gonna do dips next day, kind of being letting my chest rest.

Tuesday June 18th:
    Ok Day ?? keep forgetting this
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings x10 per leg
    front squats 1x30kg

Squats

Oly bar -1x5
    40kg -1x2
    50kg -1x2
    60kg -1x2 (same as below)
    70kg -1x2 Narrower stance, just wider than shoulder
    82.5kg -2x5 1x2---PB REPS
    80kg - 1x2
    60kg -1x1 narrow stance
    ---
    Deadlifts
    40kg -1x10
    60kg -1x5
    70kg -1x5(in cons)
    90kg -1x1
    105kg -1x5---PB
    ---
    Bench Press
    40kg -1x10
    50kg -1x10
    60kg -1x1
    65kg -1x5 1x4 1x3
    ---
    Dips
    1x10
    1x6

Decline sit ups with plate behind head.

10kg 2X10 .
    ---
    face pulls-i started doing these different, i think i was doing them wrong, i started retracting my scapula at the start instead of shrugging.
    60kg -3x10
    ---
    Thoughts:
    Good day.
    ---
    Last set on squats was iffy.
    ---
    Was tired on bench
    ---
    Power cleans have really improved my deadlift speed
    ---
    Tried mixing it up with decline situps, felt more like a glute ham raise tho
    ---
    Face pulls where good.

• Advertisement

Ok Day #28
    19th June 2009:
    Warm ups:
    Leg swings 1x8 per leg.
    Front squat 1x30kg
    ---
    Squats
    warm ups
    82.5kg -2x5 --- PB reps
    82.5kg -1x4 --- PB
    ---
    Shoulder press
    warm ups
    47.5kg 3x5 =my previous pb, much easier though
    ---
    Power Cleans
    57.5kg 4x3 1x2

Chin ups
    N/A
    ---
    Thoughts:
    Good day, hit a squat pb, again, im such a PB whore :P
    ---
    Squats where good, got a great phone call after 2nd set, only thing that got my 4 reps next set.
    ---
    Shoulder press- fast, powerful, nearly at 50kg,
    ---
    Power cleans where good, touch and go on these is easier for me.
    ---
    Absolutly had no time, extreme rush. Ive decided to not log warm ups as the log was getting cluttered.

Advertisement